The Package

De 1Up0Down

Honey's expecting a package.. but instead she got Syd.. Mais

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
Not An Update

33

3.7K 189 14
De 1Up0Down

june 25th

2 weeks went by of the girls doing their own things, Syd would text and checkup on Honey and the baby. Conversations weren't about much, things felt forced between the two so after getting a response back, Syd could never figure out what to say back.

Syd had finally came back after having a talk with her mother the morning Honey left, which resulted into her moping around the entire day.

She couldn't find a time where she wasn't wishing that she could right her wrongs, but it felt as though it was too late. She unlocked the door to her home and stepped inside, sighing as she dropped each bag by the door.

"Yo!" Nico looked up from the couch, she gave him a head nod. "You good?"

"Yeah. You?"

"I know you ain't man." Nico shook his head, Syd sighed. "I don't wanna talk about that shit, I cried enough." Syd mumbled, Nico nodded. "Bet, let me kick ya' ass in 2k?"

"Nah, I think I'ma sleep it off."

"Alright bro, be easy."

Syd got to her room and stripped from her outside clothes before she flopped down on the bed and grabbed her phone.

to 'my love': y'all hungry?

it only took Honey a few minutes to respond.

from 'my love': no, thanks tho

from: 'my love': doctors appointment on the second @ 11

to: 'my love': im there

Honey hearted the message and dropped her phone, glancing down at her stomach which was the same size. She was nearly 8 weeks, but didn't feel any different. She had morning sickness, cramps, spotting, back pain, she was always tired and always had to pee.

She sighed trying to figure out how she was gonna tell everyone. She sighed again with an extra groan, knowing she missed Syd.
She wanted Syd to come on her own.

All she could hope was that it'd happen sooner.

~ a few days later ~

"Hello?" Syd answered the phone for Honey, Honey rotated in bed and leaned over. "You ok?" She asked, Syd hummed. "Yeah, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, you just.. nothing. You busy?" She asked, Syd sighed. "I just left a session, bout to head in so I can be off in time by the morning." She spoke, Honey glanced at the time.

"Oh ok, I'll let you work then—."

"—what you need?" Syd interrupted, Honey bit her lip. You. "Nothing."

"Oh... how was your day?"

"Why..?"

"I haven't heard your voice in a while, I miss it." She admitted, Honey smiled a bit. "So.. give me something.. please."

"Well, I didn't really do anything today. I did a couple designs but mostly sat in my office all day, came home, took a bath and laid down." She shrugged, hearing shuffling on the other end.

"You didn't eat?"

"I can't eat anything, it won't stay down. This kid is driving me crazy." She groaned.

"You almost 8 weeks."

"Yeah, still small as ever."

"When you gone tell everybody?" Syd asked, Honey raised an eyebrow. "Me? Why can't you?"

"I figured you would wanna do it yourself." Syd replied, Honey's chest began to thump. "I wanna do it together, but I don't wanna force anything so if you're still.. getting your things together then I can just wait."

"We could do it together."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. When?"

"I don't know, cause how we gonna get everybody in one place to tell them."

"Everyone like who?"

"The boys, I'd like your family to know as well.." Honey started, Syd shifted in thought. "Maybe, I think my moms would be disappointed." She mumbled the last part but Honey still heard.

"Why?"

"Same shit you said."

"About the baby or what?"

"About the baby." She replied, Honey hummed. "Well, there's no going back. Just prove her wrong."

"Ima try, she told me I should get therapy." Syd spoke, Honey twisted in bed. "We could do counseling together, that way we could learn more about how to deal with each other in a more experienced environment."

"I gotta get my schedule worked out then, that way we could just go in the morning before you work." She stated, Honey raised an eyebrow. "Change for what?"

"I got anger management around the time you get off." She explained, Honey oh'd lightly. "Ok, well just let me know."

"I will, you gotta go?"

"Yeah, the boys will be home in a second. I gotta get up and cook for them." She stated, Syd hummed. "I'll send Tray something to doordash, you tired, stay in bed."

"No, they'll get suspicious after a while."

"They haven't already?"

"I think Damien has, he been catching me with the morning sickness. Tray just thinks I have food poisoning or something." She explained with a small chuckle.

"I miss him, he been bugging the hell out of me about getting on the game, blowing up my phone and shit." She shook her head at the thought. "Hey, you're free to come get him anytime. What we have going on has nothing to do with him."

"I will when I'm ready, being alone with my thoughts been helping me a lot these past few weeks." She mumbled, Honey nodded with a small smile.

"Whatever helps."

"Ne!"

"I gotta go, I'll see you in the morning."

"Alright." Syd stated before the phone hung up. "I love you." She mumbled, dropping her phone.

The next morning Syd rushed into the house to the bathroom, stripping from her clothes as she jumped in the shower and turned the hot water on. She stood for 5 minutes before grabbing the soap.

After her shower, she brushed her teeth and freshened up before leaving the bathroom, putting on her underclothes before a white muscle shirt, then a regular white T on top, a pair of black sweats, and her panda dunks.

She grabbed a clean pullover for her drawer and grabbed her phone and keys, checking the time as she rushed towards the kitchen. She grabbed the bag of grapes from her fridge, along with a water before she rushed out the door, locking it behind herself.

Once she finally arrived at the doctors office, she instantly asked which room Honey was in before she was shown to the back. Taking a deep breath, she took a sip of her water before she walked in.

Coming in the room, she saw Honey sitting on the table, her expression dropped as she saw Syd, but then she lightly smiled. "My bad, I rushed straight home." She explained, Honey nodded.

"It's fine, you didn't miss anything special anyways." Honey stated, Syd nodded and sat down, looking at her. "You nervous or is it just me?"

"No, what you nervous for?"

"I'm pregnant.." Honey started, Syd nodded in agreement. "I know."

"That doesn't scare you, the thought of being a parent?" She asked, Syd sighed and shifted. "Kinda..."

"I just wanna be a great one, I wouldn't care about anything else." She finished, Honey smiled a bit. "I can't help but think that you'll be the favorite."

"And why is that?"

"Because, you're the more active and interesting one, I'll just be the boring one." She shrugged, Syd raised an eyebrow. "I'll doubt it'll wanna stay at my house, yours is better anyway."

"I feel like somehow the baby would end up liking 2k because of you." Honey told her, she chuckled. "That's... id love for that to happen." Syd stated, Honey playfully rolled her eyes, they were interrupted by the doctor coming back.

"Hey! Is this the uh— other parent?"

"Yes sir, she is." Honey spoke, the man nodded. "Nice to meet you, I'm Dr. Wilburn. Congratulations on your child."

"Thank you."

"Is this the first?"

"Yeah."

"Nervous?"

"Extremely." The doctor chuckled at Honey. "Oh that's normal for you, what about you?"

"Not much." Syd shrugged, watching his every move. "Hmm, so as I was telling you before..." Syd zoned out, staring at Honey as she hummed and replied to the doctor.

She looked distressed, Syd observed everything, especially her favorite parts of Honey. Her nails weren't done, her hair was ok but she knew that Honey would have her hair slayed every chance she got, except for now.

Her eyes were beginning to bag, and her leg shook slightly as she sat. "So, would you like to see the baby?"

"Definitely." Syd snapped out of it, the doctor smiled. "Well, let's get right to it."

He had Honey go into another room and put on a gown before she had to come back and lean back against the chair. He began asking her questions as he washed his hands in the small sink, Syd not listening of course.

He continued after drying his hands and putting on gloves, and then he picked up this small device like stick, and put gel over it. He pressed it against Honey's stomach and she giggled.

"This gel is not cold like everyone says it is."

"Sure isn't." The doctor replied with a chuckle, Honey joining before all eyes were directed to the screen. She watched as he moved the device around her stomach, smiling after a few seconds.

"There it is." He pointed to the small ball in the middle of the screen. Syd furrowed her eyebrows before standing up to get a closer look.

"That's a grape." She stated, looking at the doctor. "Your little one is still growing, shhhh, you can hear it's heartbeat." The doctor said, roaming her stomach until the heartbeat was steady and loud.

"It'll start to move in about 10-12 weeks. Right now your baby is developing facial features, fingers, toes, cardiac activity, sex.. lots of developing." He explained, continuing to move the stick.

The room was silent, him being the only one talking and explaining while they both eagerly watched and listened. When he left, Honey got dressed again and sat, swinging her feet.

"You still wanna go through with this?" She asked Syd who was in her thoughts. "Of course."

Honey scratched her neck.

Their conversation was interrupted when the nurse came in to discharge her. Making small conversation with Honey as she did so, and then she left. They weren't too far behind her, and once they reached the parking lot, things felt terribly wrong.

"Y'all be safe.. I'll see you around." Syd spoke, giving Honey a look before she walked away. "Oh my god." She sighed, hitting the lock to her car, she got in.

Her entire drive home, she thought about Syd, especially in her bath. Once she got in bed, she continued to think about her.

"Fuck it." She mumbled, grabbing her phone. She shot Syd a quick text while biting her lip, after no text back, she called.

"Yeah?" Syd answered.

"Were you sleep or something?"

"Tryna get there, you need something?" She asked, Honey hesitated a bit. "I'm hungry."

"What you want?"

"Nacho Daddy."

"Text me ya' order." Honey hummed, doing so. "Alright, give me a minute."

"Ok."

~

Honey sat in bed, eating ice cream while Syd laid next to her, silent as ever. She turned to grab the remote, making Syd shift and raise up. "Did I wake you up?"

"Nah, you eat all ya' food?"

"Ummm.."

"I thought you was hungry."

"I am, I'm just waiting for it to cool down, I can't eat it when it's real hot. It makes me nauseous." She explained, Syd hummed. "What time is it?"

"12:04. You gotta go?"

"Yeah, ima give you ya' space." Syd stated, Honey scratched her head. "Syd, we're still together. You don't have to act like you're such a bother."

"Well I just..." Syd started before stopping, shaking her head. "No, say it."

"If you're comfortable with talking about what happened, it'd be a good time now." She added, Syd sighed. "I already told you how I felt about it." She mumbled.

"Nothing new?"

"Nah." Syd kept it short, Honey sighed.

"You really hate me?" She asked after a few moments of silence. "No, I hate your attitude. I'm sorry, i said some things that I really didn't mean. All because I was mad, and I let my emotions speak for me. I don't hate you. It was just a bad time.."

"It made me feel worse when you told me you loved me, because I'd just told you the rudest shit ever, and I'm sorry! I really am—."

"—it's cool, girl. Calm down." Syd tried to tell her but she just shook her head. "I miss you, but I don't... we'll I didn't want you to know that, because you're trying to be better and I don't wanna get in the way of that. But I miss you so much, it's hard not seeing you nearly everyday. It's like you've disappeared." Honey sighed, Syd pulled her closer.

"I'm only a call away—."

"—I don't wanna hear your voice without seeing your face." She admitted, Syd sighed. "I'm still here, regardless. Yeah it hurt, I'll get over it though. And ima still be here after all the arguments. I mean that. Chill out." Syd wiped her face, pulling Honey into her arms.

"Shhh." Syd stopped her next sentence, wiping her tears. "I blew up, I caused that. Chill out, girl."

Syd insisted.

"You need me, just call." She added. "I need you more than ever right now."

Syd hummed and pulled her closer, wrapping her arms around Honey. "I got you."

Syd held Honey to her chest and massaged her lower back as she lay in her thoughts. "You good, Honey."

Honey cried even harder, confusing Syd. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing." Honey shook her head, wiping her face. "It's something, talk to me." Syd insisted, Honey hesitated. "Nothing, I'm just so... tired and emotional. I can't control it." She sniffled, Syd held her tighter.

"Rest, all that stress not good for l y'all. Use this break as an opportunity to." Syd insisted, hesitantly kissing her head. "You hear me?"

"Mhm."

"I'm serious, quit all that."

She doesn't love me anymore.

~

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

50.1K 3K 51
The sequel..
3.6K 118 4
Life is not always filled with joyful and fun emotions, at least not for Anaya. When the pandemic struck the world, her business faced challenges; he...
665K 14.2K 58
The sequel to my other story 'nothing lasts forever'. This is based two years later :)
468K 17.2K 74
She just wanted a family. She just wanted to be accepted. Well let's see what fate has planned