By Fortunate Chance

kinkielou16 által

A story about college lovers who fell apart. Will they be able to rekindle their romance? Disclaimer: Some n... Több

The Freshman
The Mysterious Hero
The Unwanted Hindrance
The Rekindling
The Falling Apart
The Multiple Choice
The Big Decision
The Ball Life
The Second Chance
The Cunning Snake
The Surprise Birthday

The First Move

138 9 3
kinkielou16 által

Jane and Mara met with their friends at their favorite hang out place. They ordered some beer and some food.

"You've been acting strange since you arrived, what's up?" Lory asked Jane trying to break the ice.

"I guess I'm just tired juggling studies and basketball", Jane responded, but at the back of her mind, her mysterious hero hasn't left her mind, and that's what's been bothering her.

"And lovelife..." Mara added. Everyone laughed. "Did that Julia stress you out?" Mara teased.

Jane might have gone to so many dates in the past, but she's never had a real and serious relationship. As naive as it sounds, she has never felt what it was to fall seriously in love. She has had petty crushes, happy crushes, but has yet to find someone who can sweep her off her feet. She's not looking for one though, and she's not wondering just yet, but what if this could be for her?

Their hangout was a gasoline station that's like a tiny mall. It has a 24/7 convenience store, that has outdoor kiosks and gazebos for people to hangout. Inside the glass-cased store is a deli and a cafe with a pizza stall attached to it, and a mini-mart.

By day, it was a simple convenience store, but at weekend night, it turns into an outdoor party place where upgraded sports cars lineup and blast their radios, or sometimes, the store hires a DJ to play some party music, and people just party the night away.

This night was a meet up for upgraded cars. Mara's boyfriend, Paolo, is an enthusiast and is a member of GroundImage, a group of modified car enthusiasts. Some cars were already there with hoods open and some blasting party music upgraded by subwoofers. Jane and her friends were at one of the kiosks waiting for Paolo to arrive with his newly modified Honda City.

A few minutes later, Paolo arrived with his white 2012 Honda City with blue under glow and cool black spoilers. As soon as he was parked, he opened his hood exposing blue and purple interior beaming with LED lights. People started gathering and pacing back and forth looking and scanning the different cars lining up.

A while after, a midnight black-purple 1999 limited edition Mitsubishi Galant arrived and parked near the store entrance. It was not a modified one, nor a member of the group, but its simple look had sophistication in it and it had a cool sound coming out from its exhaust.

A girl and a guy went out of the car. The guy approached the exhibition of cars while the girl walked inside the store. The driver, a lady one, followed inside the store.

They look familiar. Jane was studying the girls from afar but was cut off.

Paolo was introducing the new guy to the group. "Hey guys, this is Ali. His our new guy. He just arrived from the US, but he is also an enthusiast back there in the US."

Ali shook everyone's hands, they had a conversation, talking about cars, accessories, etc.

Mara grabbed Jane asking her to accompany her to the store. "I'm thirsty," Mara said, "let's grab some water or soda".

Jane agreed without hesitation. It was her chance to see who those girls were in the store. As soon as Jane pulled the glass door open, she came face to face with her mysterious girl.

This time, their eyes met with nothing but air between them. Her wavy hair hanging lightly as the outside wind briefly blew on her face. Jane could see the girl's face clearer this time. The lights from the store seemed to form a spotlight, focusing only at the girl in front of her.

Jane felt a lump in her throat. She wanted to utter a word, even just a hi, but she's tongue-tied and dumbfounded by the beauty in front of her.

God, she's so beautiful.

"Excuse me, can you let me through?" the girl said.

"Oh... I—I'm sorry" Jane soon realized she'd been standing there for some seconds. She gave way as the girl walked towards the car.

Jane is the worst at first encounters, and she just let her mysterious girl pass by, with it, the opportunity to know her.

"I sense something here," Mara began.

"What?"

"I know what I saw there. I know you from head to toe Jane. Why don't you go talk to her?"

"You know I'm so bad at first encounters. I can't."

Mara just let out a chuckle, grabbing a bottle of water at the huge fridge. Jane opened the same and grabbed a soda. They could hear the glass door opening, as someone entered the store again.

"I think you have a crush," Mara teased. Jane did not respond but merely signaled for Mara to lower her voice, as they walked to the cashier to pay.

"Order for Janella!" the cashier called out.

A girl approached the counter and now, standing beside Jane was her mysterious girl. Janella. She felt weak being aware of this gorgeous girl's presence beside her.

The barrista placed Janella's order at the counter while the cashier handed Jane's change. Jane's heart was banging wildly in her chest that she absentmindedly grabbed Janella's order at the counter, and now she's holding Janella's hand, who's also holding on to her cup.

"Janella", Janella said pointing to the cup.

"Jane!" Jane blurted out.

"No, I meant that's my name on the cup," Janella replied, a smile forming on her mouth.

Oh crap! "So—sorry I didn't mean to. I have mine." Jane explained pointing to her soda. The store's air conditioner was blasted full but she could feel sweat trickling down her forehead.

Janella walked away, while Jane stood there still shocked and embarrassed. Jane did a facepalm realizing what just transpired.

"I can't believe what you just did," Mara teased pointing at Jane's reddened face, laughing her heart out.

"Shut the fuck up, Mara!" Jane responded laughing at her own stupidity. "This is why I hate first encounters."

Mara has been laughing continuously. Moments after, she calmed herself down and suddenly shifted to a serious tone, "But seriously, I've never seen you this way before."

Jane just gave her best friend a blank look.

Mara and Jane was now back with the group, and Jane still can't get over what just happened. Upon reaching the group, Jane was taken aback as she saw Janella and the other girl with Ali. Ali has his arm on Janella's shoulder, as they were talking and laughing.

At the sight of it, Jane resigned, and Mara gave her a nudge, "Uh-oh!"

"This is my girlfriend, Mara." Paolo grabbed Mara, "and her best friend, Jane. This is Janella and Liza. They're sisters, and Ali is their cousin". That felt like a relief to Jane.

"Oh it's you," Janella uttered gazing her eyes on Jane.

"So, you met?" Paolo asked looking surprised, while Jane could feel her face growing red.

"Kind of.. in some not-so-comfortable chances," Janella replied with a sly smile. She's gracelessly charming, Janella thought, her gaze not leaving Jane's.

The night was still young so each of them took a seat. Paolo and Mara were seated at Jane's left while Janella was luckily seated at Jane's right. Mara was busy with Paolo. Ali and Liza were talking. While Jane sat quietly next to Janella.

Gathering all her courage, she managed to start a conversation. Jane's bad at first encounters so this would be her first time to make the first move to start a conversation.

"Hi. I'm Jane de Leon, we're freshmen Human Biology."

Mara couldn't help but eavesdrop on Jane and raised a brow. She's trying to contain her laughter but she doesn't want to interrupt. So, she grabbed her phone and texted, "WTF, Jane? What kind of an introduction is that?"

Janella could see Jane's notification, as the latter grabbed her phone to read the message. Janella let out a shy laugh.

"I know, Jane."

"Sorry I'm so bad at first encounters. But I feel relieved seeing you smile this time. The few times we crossed each other's paths, you barely smile. I almost thought you hated seeing me."

"And the few times we crossed each other's paths, you look so clumsy. I almost thought you were dumb."

"Well, that's not fair," and they both laughed.

"You have pretty nice car there. That's a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant, right? A limited edition." Jane finally began.

"Yes. It's a gift from our dad. Did you know that the Mercedes Benz almost filed a suit against Mitsubishi over that design?"

"Really?"

"Yes, if you look at it. It looks like one of Benz's car."

"I didn't know that. I'll look that up. I'm not really into cars but I like your car's design. It's sleek and sophisticated."

"You drive a Corolla, right? I still remember the night you waited for us."

"Yes, it's a 2012 model. I stole it from my dad," Jane joked, and they both laughed.

"Thanks for that night, by the way."

"Anytime," and for that, Jane raised her glass of beer to toast with Janella.

And so began their conversation. Jane learned that Janella was also studying Biology in the same school. She's a sophomore, just a year ahead but she's of the same age. At a young age, she was accelerated and advanced in school.

Jane also learned that Janella and Julia are friends, not the closest ones but they hangout together in school. She also learned that Janella's sister, Liza, already dumped Julien. Good for her! She even thought.

They did not want to drink too much because most of them still have to drive, so they soon bid goodbyes to everyone.

"It was nice meeting you, Jane," Janella whispered with a wink as they stood from where they were seated. Jane could feel her knees go weak. Janella seemed to have taken a hold of her, and she did not know what to do. Her mysterious girl's name was no longer a mystery, yet there was still a mystery about her. There was something enchanting about Janella, it's difficult to resist.

"See you around, I hope," Janella continued, as the trio walked to her car. Jane's gaze followed them. Mara gave Jane a little nudge with her elbow, "Really smooth there." Mara was happy her friend had finally had the courage to start a conversation.

What Jane couldn't see was Janella's smile etched on her face, as the latter and her companions walked towards her car.

Janella could still remember how the eyes inside the car met hers while she was straightening up her shirt. Those eyes met hers without realizing that she could actually see her from the inside, but she pretended not to notice because she did not want to scare those eyes away. She was glued to them, they were such a pretty sight.

She was so upset about that night, after hearing from her sister how she was cheated by her girlfriend. She came all the way from their house to her sister's cheer dance practice because she heard her cry over the phone, and being a protective sister, she drove all the way to school for her.

After hearing someone interrupt her and her sister's conversation, she was about to get upset, but when she turned to look, her eyes were met by the other girl's doe eyes. Those eyes melted her, and hearing her voice comforted her.

"But if you don't mind, I'll keep you company for a while until you get inside. Just pretend I'm not here. I'll be by the car. And you won't even notice that I'm here. I'll leave as soon as you get inside."

The truth is Janella appreciated that small gesture, that someone wanted to look after them that night. After her encounter with her sister's butch girlfriend, she wished to get to know even the name of that caring girl, but she sped away.

Many times she tried to approach her but what stops her is the way girls flock to her to appreciate her and sometimes, even flirt with her. She did not want to be just another girl, so she kept her distance.

What added to her predicament is her friend, Julia, who was so vocal about her crush. So Janella decided to keep it to herself.

Jane, Jane de Leon... Janella just can't stop smiling.

"Ate, aren't you going to start the engine yet?"

"Oh right..." so Janella turned on the ignition.

"She's cute, isn't she," Ali said teasing Janella. "I think the feeling is mutual".

Janella looked at Ali through the rear view mirror and raised a brow. She didn't say a word this time, all she knew was she was content to get to know her mysterious girl this time. Whatever lies ahead, she doesn't know but she's happy to get to know her.

Janella drove off as she turned on the stereo, and Fern's Want U Bad started playing,

Tell me just a little bit
I could be the one that's on your mind
And I know you want a little hit
Let me figure it out for you, I'm fine
If I wait for you, imagine it
Every time I make you feel alive
Your lonely hands on mine

On the other hand, Jane drove off as well, she turned on the radio, and there playing on the radio was Fern.

I can be everything that you might need
I don't feel anything, back on my knees
Tell me you need me to be on your team
The prettiest woman that I've ever seen

Girl, I really want you bad

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

17.5K 823 35
Madison never thought her crush could be mutual. She was only 18, still a bit naive, inexperienced and mute around anyone that wasn't her two best fr...
105K 5.3K 91
**Includes SLB Books 1 and 2** Sex, Love, and Basketball follows a groups of girls and a few guys on their journey through life as college students...
362 15 17
Lexie and Ally are best friends. They are extremely close. The story follows the pair as they slowly discover new feelings and come to terms with tho...
J + J Miss_Durst által

Ifjúsági irodalom

787 56 47
COMPLETE Two lovers. Deeply in love with each other. Will they confess their undieing love for each other or not? Jose, Jesse's older brother, soon...