My Shining Star

By Myuseriszoey

A young charismatic girl struggling to survive life. Keeping up with bills to pay, stuck up friends, and a de... More

A/N: intro
Chapter 1: The past & now the present
The Weeping Willow (FULL VERSION)
Chapter 2: Maxine who?!
Chapter 3: Memories of their past
Chapter 4: Cooped up
Chapter 5: Our saviors
Chapter 6: Finders keepers
Chapter 7: Just once
Chapter 8: Dance fail
Chapter 9: Big bad wolf
Chapter 10: Thinking about you
🍋 Chapter 11: A tease
Chapter 12: Welcomed but not
🔓 Characters Unlocked (1)
Chapter 13: Run Maxi RUN!
Chapter 14: A way 2 hide a lie
🍋 Chapter 15: Fuzzy feelings
Chapter 16: Not so bad
Chapter 17: Top of the chain
Chapter 18: Fuming rage
Chapter 19: I'll always be there
Chapter 20: Something new
Chapter 21: Tell me everything...
Chapter 23: Downsides of traveling
Chapter 24: I'm a WIZARD?!
Chapter 25: It's all coming back to me now
🍋 Chapter 26: Plans to seduction
🍋 Chapter 27: My expertise
Chapter 28: We could have had...
🍋 Chapter 29: Jealousy between two
Chapter 30: Landslide
Chapter 31: Eyes on me!
Chapter 32: A shy stranger
🍋 Chapter 33: A wolf's obsession
Chapter 34: A wish comes true
🍋 Chapter 35: New rivals, new problems
Chapter 36: The tiger outside my window
🔓 Characters Unlocked (2)
🍋 Chapter 37: A kitty's prize
Chapter 38: Confessions
Chapter 39: Sweet promises
🍋 Chapter 40: Feline's trickery
Chapter 41: Queen over night
Chapter 42: Willow's true colors
Chapter 43: My downfall to a new change?
Chapter 44: Gardening 101
🍋 Chapter 45: Bashful beast
Chapter 46: The ultimate quest for sashimi
🍋 Chapter 47: Sweet treat
Chapter 48: A shiver down my spine
Chapter 49: Tiger vs. Tree
🍋 Chapter 50: A king's love
Chapter 51: Bunny Avalanche
Chapter 52: Villain revealed
Chapter 53: Eat or forever hold your peas!
Chapter 54: Family problems
Chapter 55: Tiger king's downfall
Chapter 56: Truth behind a suspicious tiger
Chapter 57: Family reunion
🍋 Chapter 58: The tiger inside me
Chapter 59: Battle between favoritism
Chapter 60: Wish upon a star (End)

Chapter 22: To the beasts city

1.3K 74 5
By Myuseriszoey

(Chapter cover: Pintrest/anime village)

Maxine POV

It has been twenty minutes since Sebastian left to go meet Ray. Who was inside the bedroom, recovering. Before Sebastian entered the room I told him "to go easy on him" and not do anything rash. He simply nodded, to make sure he kept his promise. I made sure of it by making him pinky swear it to the beasts gods!

He did but after he left. I felt nervous since my instincts told me to intervene between the two just to make sure nothing sketchy was going on. In the main room, I bit my lips while pacing around in a circle nervously.

"Maybe they're having an epic battle right now! or maybe... they're playing with dolls! Who knows what they are doing there?! " I thought as my mind wandered wildly to what was behind the closed door.

I was more worried about Ray who was inside there. What will happen to him?! Earlier before Sebastian left, in the corner of my eye I saw his lips mischievous smirk when he looked at the door.

By the looks of it, he was pretty upset, it was like he was going to murder someone just by the look on his eyes. When I saw his expression it made me shrivel up into ashes, scared to see what he will do next.

I kept biting my lip as I paced back and forth while looking at the wooden door that was closed. Soon my lips began to ooze out blood but I wiped it up using my finger. I don't want Ray to be hurt even more, he has gone through so much. Getting Ray beat up by Sebastian was the last thing I wanted. It would hurt me if my two best friends don't get along.

Actually you know what! I had enough of laying back and watching this unfold! I swifty and steadily sneaked my way to the door as I began to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Uh- why can't I hear anything" I groaned as I squished the side of my face near the door.

However, once I heard Sebastian say "body" then something shattering similar to a bone cracking.

(Anime: Love is war!/Chika)

My eyes widened, bewildered by what I heard behind the door. "Oh no! He's going to put him in a body bag then feed him to the wolves even though Ray is a wolf!" I thought.

It made my face crack frozen, making my mind run wild with crazy thoughts about what was going on!

"I OBJECT!"

I loudly yelled, boldly opening the door with great confidence. It was like I was an ex-lover stopping the groom and bride from getting married. Sebastian and Ray looked stunned seeing me burst in the room. After a second their faces simultaneously tilted confusion with their blank expression.

It was like they were telling me "what the hell are you talking about?"

" I object, Sebby, you promised me!" I repeated my words to him, only making them even more confused.

"Bunny, What do you mean??" He confusingly replied.

" You said something about a body" I replied, it made them slightly chuckle by my words. I pitifully saw them holding their laughs by covering their mouths with their hands.

"Pfft... HAHAHAHAHAA! '' Sebastian laughed, then Ray broke out his hand laughing along with him. I stood there all pissed as my face turned bright red. I pouted, puffing up my cheeks out and about.

"Hmph!" I said, pouting angrily and crossing my arms before turning my head away from their laughter.

" S-sorry, what you are thinking right now is the opposite," Sebastian said. He wiped the tears of laughter off his eye.

"Then what were you talking about?" I said, it made the atmosphere become cold in an instant as Sebastian and Ray's faces turned serious. Their looks became distant, when they turned their head down. A nervous sweat ran down, as I tried to think of a solution to release the tense energy that filled the room.

" Will you let me become your guardian?" Raymond abruptly said, in a serious tone. I saw him nervously scratch his head all the way down to his neck.

"Huh?"

I was bewildered by his words, didn't he know that once a beastmen swore to protect a female, he cannot go back on his word as it was like promising to the beast god. It meant that once a beastmen swore to a female, he would literally protect and provide for her without any need of payment. It was literally like having a lifetime servant working twenty four seven. In the beastworld, no beastmen ever considered being a guardian to a female since it would mean that they can't find love or affection. It was like a one sided relationship, hoping the one you swore would love you back in some way.

It was just like the book, Ray swore to the heroine to protect her and swore his life to her making him her guardian. But in the end, Ray died not getting the love back. Honestly, Ray deserved much better than promising his loyalty to her, without Ray she wouldn't have made it to the end.

" Okay!" I cheerfully said, it made him smile at me. My heart exploded by his overloading cuteness when I saw his cute puppy face.

(Anime: Dress up my darling)

My decision has been made! He will be my guardian but temporarily. I am both honored and grateful to Ray who swore his life and duty to serve me but I don't think so! This best friend of yours will find you a match!

After all, my specialty is ✨Match Making✨, one of my proudest skills I have ever learned. I don't care about that beast guardian nonsense! Right now I care for your happiness and if accepting your invitation is what you want then so be it. I won't have regrets if you want to suddenly leave. It is your choice, your freedom. I won't stop you from doing what you want to do! After all this is your own life. I would never stop you from doing what you want.

" Ohh Ray you cutie! Don't you worry I will help you find another love interest!" I thought as the atmosphere between us began to be filled with rainbows and unicorns.

I came closer to him, giving him a smile back along with a loving hug. It made him stiffen a bit by my sudden action but he eventually got used to it. I saw his fluffy tail wag excitedly once I started massaging his ruffled black hair.

The hug lasted for a minute before a large hand came between us, splitting our loving hug away. That large had belonged to none other than Sebastian who evilly grinned.

" Pack up, we're moving out" Sebastian said, standing up from his chair, not before giving me a kiss on the cheek. He then walked out of the room.

"Moving?! What for?" I shouted back, as I saw him holding a cotton bag.

" We're going to the beast city, it's safer there than here" Sebastian vaguely said, going down to the cellular.

" Oka-....Wait!" I shouted, making Ray startled from behind.

"Oh no! Does that mean we are criminals!" I questioned making Ray blankly look at me.

(Anime: Toradora)

"Criminals?" Ray questioned not knowing what she meant by that term.

" Oh nooooo! This can't be! Now we have to change our names and pretend to live another life with different backgrounds! Ray, What are we going to do?!" I dramatically shouted, it made Ray chuckle lightly at my comment. He then patted my head and walked off to help pack up.

"Huh?!"

"OH GOD IT'S TOO BRIGHT!" I said. I stood there thinking about his smiling face. It felt like heaven once I saw him smile. I could have sworn I saw the light just by his big bright smile cutely displayed in Ray's face.

"Hey! Wait up, let me help you" I said, signaling to Ray since he was still injured. Running with my duffel back in my hands towards Ray.

"Here, just place them inside here" I said, opening my bag to fit in the bag over his shoulder.

He looked at me bewildered like I had no idea that a small bag I'm carrying right now would be able to fit a giant ass cotton sack he was holding. I know it sounds crazy but it can! I assured him like a crazy person knowing that it would fit despite the small size.

Since recently, I'm able to use some sort of magic, I don't know how or why but I could! I found out last week, when I was rummaging through my bag. I was trying to find the book I stashed away inside but who knew I almost died finding the book. A pink aura just lit inside the bottom of the bag almost making me almost slip in. Luckily, Sebastian saved me right in time.

***
3rd POV

"Here place everything inside!" Maxine said to Raymond.

He nodded in agreement, placing the heavy ass bag inside her small duffel bag.

In an instant, the cotton sack disappeared inside, making Raymond shocked as his brain was in the wrong. He thought that it might not fit or it might be too heavy for Maxine but no, the bag just poof away, having no weight to it whatsoever.

" Surprising right?" Maxine questioned. Raymond nodded vigorously, making her giggle.

She held his hand and looked him in the eyes as she cheerfully said " Ray, let's work together as a team! Look! Let's place all of those inside too!" pointing to the various items cluttered behind him.

Little did they know they were literally packing everything there was inside the main room.

Raymond went over grabbing every supply and stuffing them in while Maxine carried the bag. They both nodded simultaneously proudly packing everything there was inside the house. She then pointed to the last item in the kitchen that was hanging. Raymond slowly but steadily grabbed the item out of every bag and bottle, sliding it slowly in the bag.

A sudden loud clack was heard, they turned to the source to see Sebastian who stood there with eyes wide open. In front of him was a dropped bag filled with some various food from the cellular. He looked at them with a bewildered expression like he was saying "What the fuck.." to them". He soon looked away awkwardly like he didn't see them and continued to his task.

Didn't they not know what Sebastian meant by packing? They were supposed to pack what they needed for the trip, not the packing of their whole house. Was what Sebastian thought. It was common sense in the beastworld to carry what you need. It was true since he traveled around many times. Pack what you need not pack the goddamn house!

"Sheessh, what's his problem?" Maxine questioned.

Raymond shrugged off the jaguar's weird reaction. Anything can fit in Maxine's bag so it's totally normal.

Maxine on the other hand shrugged as she didn't know what Sebastian was shocked about. It was just her and Ray packing up a whole deer he hunted yesterday inside her small bag.

It was literally no big deal. She can guarantee her bag can fit anything or anyone inside... 👹

❤️ Thank you for reading ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.5K 2K 10
As the daughter of Hecate and John Gilbert, Katarina is very familiar with the supernatural world. It might also help she has an original vampire as...
93K 3.2K 27
"This might sound really really weird, but I need your help. Very honestly you were the only person I could think of. My aunt is going to marry soon...
91.8K 1.2K 4
Lust. Desire. Perfection. Sex. Everything a woman or man needs and wants. Lucifer, the hot devil among us, has set out on a journey to provide ever...
18.1K 2.2K 49
Bagaimana jadinya jika seorang gadis beasiswa yang selalu menghindari diri supaya tidak mendapat masalah, tiba-tiba saja berurusan dengan para gangst...