I will save you (Kunikuzushi...

De iamscaredoftheocean

Please note: Due to the timing of this book's release and the release of the 3.0+ patch(es) in Genshin Impact... Mai multe

Prologue- PART |
We'll be very close one day
Ice cream flavors
Crying is human
The best of friends
Familiarity
Let us not meet again
What has to be done
Feelings
A story about the past
Intrusive thoughts
A moment of comfort
An unexpected turn of events
Change in a person
Finally leaving, right?
Killed
Our last meeting
PART ||
Failed
All alone again
The story is changing
The goddess Gisela
On the hunt
That day
Travelling
Captured
An idea
Escape
Emerald eyes
Months
The festival began
The return of Dottore
The return of Scaramouche
Finally awake
Everlasting lord of Arcane Wisdom
The false god
About... the feelings...
PART |||
Sumeru days
He wants out
Best night
Negativity
It's us against the world
The deal
The deepest part of Irminsul
Erased
And there he was
PART ||||
Never changing feelings
Bandages for my heart
A familiar hold
Just like we used to
Physical love language
Herbs
Cute ribbons
Cruel
The line between us
Lies
Forever
Pre - Reincarnation
Not now, not ever
Swimming
An eremite party - Part 1
An eremite party - Part 2
Epilogue - Saved

Blood and tears

11.2K 586 365
De iamscaredoftheocean

3rd pov:

Y/n tried to move to the best of her abilities, but her body was completely stiff.

Tears ran down her cheeks as the voice in her head wouldn't stop.

"The goddess's husband was grieving. After his wife was killed by his daughter. How could he ever love the girl who ate her mothers life?"

Tears continued to run down Y/n's eyes as the voice just wouldn't stop pestering her about it.

"The girl was told multiple times; You are the daughter who feasted on your mothers life."

"Stop it..." She cried as she laid motionless.

"-The daughter who ate her mothers life."

"I didn't mean to!" She yelled, trying her best to make the voice stop.

"The goddess of reincarnation gifted her children upon their birth."

Y/n's breath hitched. She finally stopped crying.

"As the two worlds each were a part of the goddess's life, the children were gifted with a second chance, not more, not less."

A second chance?

"She... gave us a second chance at life?..." Y/n asked.

"Due to the earth not being the goddess's true world, the children were born as mortal as she. However, if the children were to die they would have a second chance at life in the goddess's first world, as immortals."

Gears clicked in Y/n's head as she finally understood everything. Everything that had happened. Why she wasn't aging. Why she was reincarnated in the first place.

"After dying twice, there would be no third chance at life. If a child were to end up half alive and half dead in both worlds, there will be torment for them both. Because both cannot live at the same time."

I already know that...
I have to kill her.
As soon as I get back to that stupid-

"Y/n!"

-

Y/n pov:

I jolted awake, as I had the feeling of falling, but I was on my bed.
Kunikuzushi sat next to me, holding my shoulders, looking worried.

"What-" I started, but stopped as soon as I heard how shaky my voice was.
My hand raised to my face and I felt tears on my cheeks.

"What happened?" Kuni asked me, wiping my cheeks with his thumbs.

"I- Uh... a bad dream..." I said.
"What's the time?" I asked again.

"Around midnight. You should go to sleep again."
Kunikuzushi answered. He didn't seem like he wanted to leave.

"Could you stay?" I asked him hesitantly. "Just until I've fallen asleep, it shouldn't take long..." I said, hoping he would stay.
I was a little scared to sleep again, I felt like if I did, I would go back to that place and hear unpleasant things.

I am the daughter who feasted on her mothers life.

I've heard that one so many times.

"I'll stay. Even when you've fallen asleep. I'll even stay here until morning if you want." He said.

Again. There was that warm feeling. "You can lay down." I said, inviting him to lay next to me, as it would be uncomfortable sitting for hours.

I laid down myself, and a few seconds later, Kunikuzushi laid next to me.
I turned my back to him, hoping to hide my happy and flustered face.

A few minutes passed by, and I had trouble falling asleep. I tossed and turned slightly around, trying to get comfortable.
I heard a chuckle next to me.

"What's so funny?" I said in a low voice.

He chuckled a little again. "Do you always sleep like this at night?" He asked me with entertainment in his voice.

I didn't answer him, but rolled my eyes. Personally I felt right now that he just took space in my bed. He didn't need sleep himself, maybe it was better if I had stayed alone.

"I could leave if you would get more comfortable." He said, sounding as if he didn't mind leaving for the sake of my comfort at all.

"No." I answered quickly. "You don't need to leave."
I don't want you to leave after all.

Then I felt him move behind me, and he spoke.
"Could I hold you?" He whispered into my ear.

My whole body flushed and I felt my pulse quicken.
"Yes..." I said in a low voice, but slightly regretting answering such. Maybe he was just teasing me, and I fell into his trap and now he would laugh at me forever for it?!

My worries then faded away as I felt his arms wrap around me from behind.
We laid in silence, and then I eventually fell asleep again at last.

And I had no further dreams that night.

-

When I woke up, Kunikuzushi wasn't there.

I sat up on the bed, thinking about what had happened. With the new information I had, I thought a lot.

While the other me is in a coma... I am here. One of us has to die so the other one can be fully healed. This I know already.
But if I die in both worlds, I'm not being reincarnated again.

Then... the guy at the marked...
Why... why is he here...
I knew that face was familiar, but I haven't seen it in so long. He also looked a lot healthier in Teyvat.

Asahi. Out of the three sons of a bitch, he's the youngest. He was always the least mean to me, but he was also the one who threw my teddy bear into the fire place. He never stopped any of the bullying or the abuse, he is just as bad the others.

Did he die? Don't tell me I'm stuck with him again. He seemed to recognize me, he didn't ask any questions, rather he avoided me. He must have known about our mother, after all, they knew her for four years, maybe she taught them all something.
But they didn't tell me. Nothing at all.

My blood boiled.
I don't want him here. If it's really him, I need to leave. I'll take Kuni with me and we'll leave Inazuma together. He would understand...

As I thought about how to leave, I felt my throat go dry, and I started coughing horribly.

After every cough, there was no time to breathe properly.
As I got dizzy as well, I felt gravity hitting me as I fell down on the bed again.
I felt liquid flowing out of my mouth and down my cheek.
I leaned over to the floor, making sure the blood didn't stain the bedsheets.
Blood dripped from my mouth as I was finally able to breathe, although it was painful with each breath.
Blood dripped on the floor.

I reached my hand towards the table, trying to grab the glass of water to splash in my face, hoping to clear the dizziness a little.
However my eyes drooped and I couldn't see nor feel where my hand was going.
Then I felt my hand touch the glass, but pushing it off the table.
The glass landed in the floor and the water spilled. Thankfully the glass didn't break.

Fucking hell.

Gravity fought against me again, and as I was leaning over the floor, I fell out of the bed.
I laid still, running my hurting head a little.

I took a few long breaths on the floor, making sure my face was tilted to the side, so I wouldn't choke on my own blood.
At least, the dizziness was knocked out my head.

"Ugh..." I grunted as I laid on the floor, annoyed.

I felt too tired to get back up at the moment.

No offense other me... but I hope I'm able to kill you when I get the chance.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

138K 4.9K 35
PLS GO READ THE REVAMP VERSION THIS IS THE EPITOME OF CRINGE "The world is so cruel... Could you be my serenity?" Once upon an era of Ancient Inazum...
701K 30.6K 45
❝ WILL YOU TAKE ME AS YOUR BRIDE? ❞ »----------✄ A year after you heard rumors of something happening to your old childhood friend, someone had att...
303K 7.9K 48
.•° ✿ °•. -ᴅᴇᴀʀ ꜱᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ɪ'ʟʟ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ- .•° ✿ °•. Scaramouche x F! reader (Modern universe) ••• After admitting that Scaramouch...
341K 10K 38
[Genshin Impact] [Scaramouche x fem!reader] [Please don't read this if you are younger than 16⛔️] You were born visionless into a world (Teyvat) whe...