Regrets

MintVender

Like any other, she hopes to have power. Coming from a noble house in the wizarding world, that should've bee... Еще

REGRETS
1.1
1.2
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
1.15

1.3

119 1 2
MintVender

Waking up the next morning, Xing was quick to change into a casual outfit. Dressed in black flared pants paired with a tucked white dress shirt, Xing looked at herself in the mirror. She then proceeded in reaching over to the vanity, choosing a hairpin before styling her hair into a bun.

The contrast of the ruby of the hairpin with her jet black hair made her smile, satisfied. Despite being a third year, she was tall for her age, even rivalling some of the older years.

Xing then walked out of her room and down the stairs to the front doors. Seeing as her luggages has already been transferred down by the house elves, she bid all of those who were present and apparated to a hidden alley near the train station.

Making sure she still have the ticket to station nine-and-three-quarters, Xing then made her way through the crowd of people.

Xing had arrived earlier than usual to uphold a promise that she had no chance of refusing. Yesterday, before they parted, Draco's father, mentioned about how they hoped that she will look over Draco during his time in Hogwarts. Of course, getting a chance to tease the young Malfoy constantly, Xing was considering it. However, before she can say anything, they have arranged a time to meet before boarding the train.

Sighing, Xing finally pushed her way through the crowd of muggles. She take a breath before pushing the cart full of her stuff to the brick wall in front of her.

Passing through the wall, she was greeted with a familiar sight of the red train. Looking around, she notices several pairs of eyes jittering around. Must be muggles, first time experiencing magic.

Walking around the station, she bumped into her friends and classmates. What originally was short greetings turned into long conversation, Xing was reminded of the time by Draco's voice pointed towards her. "Forest."

Xing flinched at the mentioned of her last name, rubbing her neck before excusing herself form the conversation to face Draco who was stomping towards her. Behind him, walked Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy.

" You're here already, Draco. Quite early."

Draco fumed at her response, " This is early? You are fifteen minutes late!"

Xing let out an awkward chuckle, changing her line of sight. " Right, right, apologies... Mister and Misses Malfoy, pleasure."

Lucius let out a small smile, while Narcissa was easier to read her expression. " Xing, dear, how are you?"

Xing smiles in return before embracing Narcissa in a hug, " I'm fine, thank you for asking. Hoping  you're feeling the same."

Narcissi smiles and nodded, " Of course."

Xing then turned over to shake Lucius's hand. " Ready to get sorted, Draco?"

Draco nodded, looking as prideful as ever, " Of course, I'm sure I'll be sorted into Slytherin."

" Confident, us Slytherins do enjoy that quite a bit," Xing smirked. " I shall wish you the best of luck then, young Malfoy."

Draco quickly turned away, checks flushing, " I don't need your wish!"

Xing crossed her hands, " Ah, it seems I have mistaken, I shall retract that wish."

Immediately, Draco whipped his head back to stare at Xing, " Whatever, do what you want."

" Of course, young Malfoy."

As the duo continue to bicker around, Lucius and Narcissa stare at Xing, eyes filled with a mysterious glint.

" Ah, look at the time. Better board the train before it gets too crowded," Xing suddenly informed them, looking at the clock.

And with that, the bickering duo board the train after bidding Lucius and Narcissa goodbye. Draco quickly walked through the entire train until he found his friends while Xing simply followed him.

" Draco, you're here!" A cheery voice spoke out from inside the compartment.

" Parkinson," Draco greeted. Blaise Zabini also stood up and approach Draco and the three started conversing.

" You're also here, Forest?" Theodore Nott looked up from his book, ignoring the trio talking in front.

" Of course, who would look over young Malfoy here if not me?"

" I can take care of myself!"

" Of course, Draco... you definitely can but I made a promise to your father and I intend to keep the promise... It's been a while, Nott. Got a new book I see, hope it's about herbology."

Theodore stared at Xing. Taking that as his response to her comment, she moved on to the rest, " Pansy and Zabini, been a while."

Zabini nodded as Pansy awkwardly greeted her. " Well I shall go now, won't be taking away your bonding time with each other." Xing then patted Draco on the back, " See you soon, little dragon." Before Draco can react, Xing quickly took off.

" I wonder if Harry's here yet," Xing muttered, remembering the boy from yesterday. As she walked off the train to go find the boy, she saw a crowd of red heads involved in a heated conversation. As she comes closer, she could hear them talking about what she was trying to find. Harry Potter.

" Hey, Mum, guess what? Guess who we just met on the train?"

" You know that black-haired boy who was near us in the station? Know who he is?"

"Who?"

" Harry Potter," Xing cut the twins off as she made her entrance. " Don't make it seem as if you're at the zoo, Weasleys."

Seeing her, Molly Weasley immediately approached her for a hug. " Xing, dear, good to see you again!"

Xing hugged back just as tight as Molly. " Yes, it's been a long time, Misses Weasley."

After leaving her hug, she then moved on to Arthur Weasley. " Good to see you again, Mister Weasley."

" Yes, yes, Xing."

" Awww, no hug for your favorite Weasley?" Fred whined out.

" What do you mean, Fred. I'm her favorite Weasley!" Geored cried out, pulling Xing's arm playfully.

Xing continued to ignore them giving Percy a slight nod as greeting. " Ron, Ginny, you both have grown," Xing commented, sounding like a proud aunt.

Ron ignored Xing's greeting as Ginny hid behind Molly. " Xing, is it true that he's Harry Potter?"

Hearing his question, Xing looked at the window where Harry was hiding at, " What do you think?"

Ron gasped, " So he really is Harry Potter."

" So don't scare him like you were previously doing," she jabbed, targeting the twins.

Seeing the tension, Molly was quick to remind them of the time and told them to board the train. Before leaving, Xing came over and gave Ginny and brief hug which resulted in the girl becoming too shock to react to the hug.

Waving bye, Xing board the train along with Ron and Percy, leaving the twins behind. " Did we just got ignore, George?"

" We definitely did, Fred." George replied staring at Xing's figure becoming smaller by the moment.

" Do you want to come sit with me, Ron?" Xing asked as the train started running down the tracks.

Ron nodded, following Xing as they passed the compartments of the train. " Looks like everywhere is full."

Xing hums in response, " There might be one that has space," Xing extended her arm for Ron to hold as she pull him towards the back.

As they stop at one of the last compartments towards the back, Xing looked inside from the opening of the door, " We've arrived."

Ron peeked inside before opening the door to the compartment, " Anyone sitting there?" Ron pointed to the sit across of Harry, " Everywhere else is full."

Seeing the door opening, Harry turned his head to its direction, only to be met with the sight of the taller girl he met yesterday standing behind one of the red head who helped him enter the station. Ron, if he was right.

Noticing his silence, Xing raised her eyebrows. " Mind if we sit here Harry?"

Snapping out of his trance, Harry nodded a bit too eagerly which he later flushed at the thought. With that, the duo happily enter the compartment, settling down. Ron took his seat on the empty seat and Xing took hers next to Harry's.

Ron awkwardly glanced at Harry before choosing to stare out from the window which was later followed by Harry. Meanwhile, Xing nonchalantly took out a book that she was planning to read and lean back on the seat, ignoring the tense air in the compartment.

When the twins decided to come visit, Ron couldn't be more appreciative of their presence. " Hey, Ron. We're going to the middle of the train--meeting Lee who got a giant tarantula there."

" Right." Ron mumbled.

Before leaving, the twins caught the stare of Harry. " Harry," George called out, " Did we introduce ourselves? Fred and George Weasley. And this, is our brother, Ron. Don't make a face, Xing. See you later, then." And with that, they closed the compartment door and ran off.

Xing sighed, " You have such a great diversity of brothers, Ron."

Ron rolled his eyes, " A bloody selection for sure, mate." Ron then looked over to Harry, " ... Are you really Harry Potter?"

Harry nodded.

Immediately, Ron's eyes light up. " I thought it was another one of Fred and George's jokes but Xing confirmed it." Harry looked over to Xing and saw her nod in confirmation. Ron suddenly leaned closer, " And have you...do you have the you-know," he pointed at Harry's forehead.

Harry took the initiative and lift his bangs to show Ron the scar resulting in Ron's loud gasp. " So that's where You-know-who did it?"

" Yeah but it does't hurt most of the time."

" Do you remember anything?"

Harry shook his head, patting his bangs, " No, nothing."

" Not a single thing?"

Harry hum, " Yeah except a flash of green light."

The comment made Xing grip her book only for her to relax moments later. A flash of green light, definitely Voldemort then.

" Wow," Ron uttered out before glancing back at the window when realizing that he was staring.

" You come from a wizard family," Harry asked, intrigued.

Ron nodded, " Yeah, most are wizards except for mum's second cousin who's an accountant but we rarely talk about him."

Harry eyes sparkled, " Then you must know a lot of magic already."

" Not quite," Xing interjected, " Wizards under seventeen can not practice magic at home."

Ron hums in agreement, " I heard you lived with muggles. How was it like?"

" Horrible--well, not all of them but my aunt, uncle and cousin is. Though having three wizard brothers would be better."

" Five," Ron corrected, looking somewhat gloomy. " I'm the sixth in the family, you can say I have a lot to look up to. Bill was head boy while Charlie was the captain of the quidditch team. Both have left though. Now Percy's a prefect. Fred and George mess around loads but they still get good grades and everyone like them. Even if I do well, it's not that great, someone already did it first. Happens when you have five brothers. You get hand down items too, I got Bill's old robes, Charlie's wand and Percy's old rat." Ron then looked a musty rat out of his pocket.

" His name's Scabbers, hardly ever wakes up. Percy got a new owl as a present from dad for becoming a Prefect. They couldn't aff--now I got rusty old Scabbers." Ron suddenly became red at his blabbering.

" Better put him away, Ron. My cat won't restrain herself if she sees him," Xing warned, already hearing the slight meows of Yue while staring at the rat, shivering under her gaze.

" You're right," Ron eagerly put him away.

" You have a cat, Xing?"

" I do, she's with my luggages. Last time I brought her, she chased the other animals around," Xing sighed, remembering last year's trip to Hogwarts. That was a mess that she did not want to relive.

" I heard from Fred and George, went on a rampage to catch Yue."

" Glad you find it entertaining," Xing said, sarcastically.

Harry felt a bit lonely since he didn't understand what they were talking about so he decided to change the topic. He told them about his time at the Dursleys and the Hogwart letters that kept getting send, his trip to an island and of Hagrid. "... then Hagrid came and told me about my parents, and how they got killed by Volde--" Before he can finish, he was hushed by Xing's hand on his shoulder.

She leaned towards him, " Wizard folks don't appreciate that name being called out loud, Harry. Calling that name is reserved for individuals who are fearless of the person."

Feeling her warm breathe near his ear, Harry nodded. Right, all the wizards he came across mentioned You-Know-Who instead of saying his actual name. Then was he considered one of the reserved if he didn't feel any fear towards the person?

No longer shocked from the mention of the dark lord's name, Ron furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at their interaction.

Harry rubbed his hand against his neck, " Sorry, didn't know I can't do that. Bet, I have loads to learn."

" Don't worry, loads come from muggle families but they pick things up quick." And with that, Ron and Harry continued to talk until lunch time.

As the compartment's door was open, a dimpled woman peeked into the compartment, smiling. " Anything off the trolleys, dears?"

Harry who skipped breakfast practically jumped up at the mention of food. He scurried past Ron and Xing to look at the selection presented on the trolley only to find a strange amount of wizard treats. Seeing his confusion, Xing stood up to recommend with him some types of sweets and helped him with the currency.

When they sat back down, Harry was hugging loads of candy in his arms. Ron looked at the pile, shocked. " Hungry, aren't you?"

" Starving, you're not buying anything?"

Ron shook his head, taking out a sandwich. " Got a packed lunch already." Unwrapping the sandwich, Ron groaned out, " She forgot I don't like corned beef!"

Xing looked at Ron's gloomy expression, " Want a pumpkin pasty? I can't eat them all."

Before Ron can deny, Xing stepped forward to stuff half the pasty into Ron's mouth. " No need to deny, you already know what's going to happen next."

Harry soon joined in and the three share the pile of sweets while enjoying each other's company.  Harry was happy, never has he thought of him being able to joke around and have fun with others, let alone eating strange treats on their way to a magical school.

Harry then stumbled upon the chocolate frogs and the wizard collectible cards. Harry and Ron then spent a good twenty minutes opening all the chocolate frogs and talking about the wizards on the cards. After tasting a few of Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour of Beans, Harry decided to stay away from it in the future.

Afterwards, Ron ranted about his rat Scabbers and how he tried to turn him yellow. " I tried to turned him yellow yesterday but it didn't work. Here, let me show you..."

Ron pulled out a rough looking wand from his trunk. During his chant, Ron was interupted by a knock and the sliding of the compartment's door.

" Have anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

11.8K 595 27
Fate was absolutely tired of her plans being meddled with. She decided that it was time to set things straight. Her search led her to a young woman y...
35.1K 1.3K 16
Third in the LOVED Series Lily's world has ended...yet again, all because of Voldemort. She's sick and tired of him pushing people around and ruling...
312K 14.9K 78
She was thought to be dead by her father and the whole world. They were all wrong. She wakes up from her slumber of fifty years and finds that everyt...
The Marauderette (;

Фанфик

38K 954 20
"I hate you so much Potter!" Y/n shouted, pointing her wand threateningly at the smirking boy. "No you don't." the boy said, winking at her as he mov...