London's Call

Door winterkonijn1

London has fallen to the Templars. Their rule has been so long that it has been more than a hundred years sin... Meer

Chapter 1: Meeting With Allies
Chapter 2: Mystery Twins
Chapter 3: The Search Begins
Chapter 4: The Ladies Scott
Chapter 5: Dinner with Sarah and Olivia
Chapter 7: The Past And Future
Chapter 8: Clara Scott
Chapter 9: The Kenway Mansion
Chapter 10: Going For It
Chapter 11: The Troubles Of The Mind
Chapter 12: Capturing The Mind
Chapter 13: Explaining The Past
Chapter 14: Coming Home
Chapter 15: The Council of London
Chapter 16: A New Foundation
Chapter 17: The Reemergence Of Maria
Chapter 18: Commitments
Chapter 19: Following Tradition
Chapter 20: Clara's Request
Chapter 21: Jenifer White
Chapter 22: Home
Chapter 23: The Last Play
Chapter 24: The Shroud
Chapter 25: Epilogue
After word

Chapter 6: Securing The Price

256 12 0
Door winterkonijn1

Evie Frye

Evie and Henry were waiting at the station for the train. It was constantly on the move and would pass every station in the case someone had to get off or on. The two Assassins weren't entirely sure when it would pass by as the train took random routes. Now, they sat together on a wooden bench. The train station half deserted. Both were mostly thinking in silence.

"Miss Evie, may I ask you something? I can only ask you as I need a woman's advice," Henry asks as he takes a deep breath. His gaze eventually going to Evie who had been sitting silently next to him.

"Shoot," Evie simply says.

"Do I have a chance with Olivia?"

Evie was silent for a moment. The brain of Evie was tired of today's event. She was out all day searching for clues and information about Thorne's operations. In the evening she had dinner with Sarah which was emotionally taxing. Evie found it a very strange thing. It was mainly the questions she has swimming in her head the whole time. It made her feel exhausted as she couldn't find the answers.

And now she has to do deal with Henry's romance problems? No, thank you.

"Henry, I have enough to think about concerning the other half of the duo. I hope you don't mind if I am a bit preoccupied with her," Evie says with a sigh.

"Of course. My apologies. That was inconsiderate of me. It's hard, isn't it?"

"You can say that again. Is it always this energy demanding? I feel like I fought an army of Templars," Evie says messaging her tired eyes. Henry laughs as he pats her on the shoulder.

"You are at the start, Evie. My mother used to tell me that the start of anything in life is the most difficult part. Once you passed the hard part, you will see that it was worth the effort. Or so she made me believe," he says with as smile. His hand squeezing her shoulder in support.

"Those words come from a wise woman, Henry. I will think on it. It seems that is filling most of my spare time these days. Come, our train has arrived."

The portion of the train that belonged to Evie was neatly organised. A section for her clothing. Another section that serves as her sleeping arrangement. It wasn't large by any means, but enough space for a bed. Lastly, there was a small study section which also has her many weapons tucked beside the desk.

This is her sanctuary where nothing would disturb her. Where she could work in peace. Think clearly if she needed too, which was very often ever since she arrived in London. And where she-

"Evie! Dear, sister!" Jacob announces himself as he burst in Evie's room.

... could escape her brother. Evie groggily opened her eyes as she looks at Jacob from her bed. Last night was exhausting and she hoped to catch a bit more sleep this morning. It wasn't very much like her but she thought she deserved it.

"What?!" Evie asks annoyed turning in her bed.

"I heard the most fascinating story from Greenie. What was it again? Ah, right! Sarah Scott..." he says in a very teasing manner, plopping down on her bed.

"Urgh! Jacob, get out!"

"What's going on, dear Evie? Something you need to tell your dear brother?" Jacob asks, making kissing noises to annoy her further.

"We did not kiss!" Evie yells as she shot up from her bed.

"So something is going on! I knew it!" He says triumphantly, quickly getting up from the bed before he got hit by Evie.

"There's nothing going on! Now, if you could get out of my room. I have things to do," Evie says with growing irritation. Jacob grins as he saunters irritatingly around the room.

"Aaaah so young and already she found love. Ow, whatever am I going to do without you, Evie..." Jacob dramatically acts out as he places his hand over his heart in pain over Evie 'leaving'.

"Get out! Before I put a bullet in your brain so the human race lives in peace!"

Jacob walks out of the room while his hands form a heart. A teasing smile on his face. He soon left as Evie stood in the middle of her room half-dressed. She was debating on hunting Jacob down or letting it go. By the time she was dressed, armed with her knives, cane, and hidden blade she had calmed down. It doesn't mean she is happy with Jacob, but at least he will see a new day. Moving through the train towards the kitchen wagon, she see him again. Sitting with a mug of coffee.

"No need to kill me! I got it out of my system," he says, holding his hands in the air in surrender.

"You better. I was ready to hunt you down," Evie mutters, sitting at the table with Jacob. He chuckles as he points to the kitchen counter.

"Before I ran into Greenie, I bought breakfast. You can have some if you like."

"Thanks. You will get the help of Olivia for your Templar hunt. Try to behave will you," Evie says with a pointed finger as she fetched herself the breakfast. At least he didn't make anything himself. It would lethal poison.

"I won't do anything to get you in trouble with your girl," he says, sipping his coffee. Evie nods a bit before she sat down.

"Good. I- wait! We're not dating!"

"Why not give it a go? From what I have heard from Greenie, she is very interested in you. Not to mention very attractive," Jacob says without actually teasing and more asking with a neutral voice. Is he trying to be a brother now for her?

"I don't know! Father-"

"Oh please forget about father. You let him control your life for too long. Even when he is six feet under he controls your every action. This is your life, Evie, not his."

"What's this? You're being awfully helpful suddenly. This is not like you at all," Evie says with a suspicious look. Jacob sighs as he holds his mug in both hands. His arms lean against the table.

"Look, I know we don't always get along. We are different persons, I see that. But this is not about the mission, the Piece of lala land, or Templars. This is about you. And that is important to me."

"That means a lot, Jacob. Really. I just need some time. Thanks for being so open-minded," Evie says with a small smile.

Jacob shrugs a little as he leans back against the chair again. "What was it again? 'Everything is permitted'. Why would this be forbidden, Evie? We remain true to the Creed," he says with his own smile and chuckle. It makes her laugh as well. Leave it to him to make her feel better.

"I guess you're right about that. Maybe I should talk to Sarah about this. This is new to me. Even newer as we're both women... I better get to the meeting spot. We'll be going after the Piece of Eden today," she says and downs the last bit of her coffee.

"I would offer to go along, but it seems you'll have all the help you need. Stay alive, sis."

"You as well, brother."

Evie waited patiently as she is perched on the roof. The evening is creeping in as she looks at the cart with the cargo they were after. Evie waits for Sarah as she prepared the distraction. She was pretty creative. Something Evie had to admit. Using the Rooks to 'stage' a gang fight. Luckily, Jacob was wrestling for control of this neighbourhood. It wouldn't be a weird thing.

"Evie," Sarah says softly as she appears next to her. Her heart skipped a beat at her sudden appearance. Luckily she had enough control to not show it.

"Sarah. All ready?" Evie asks with a soft smile. Sarah chuckles nodding her head. "Jacob was very eager. He'll make a good show out of it."

"Olivia?"

"With Jacob, to make sure he stays on task. It couldn't hurt to have a levelheaded person there. Jacob seems to be very... passionate about the whole gang war."

"Oh, I know. Firm but fair is his motto..." Evie says with a sigh. "A good motto to live by- for a gang leader," Sarah says.

"We should get in position. Do you see the wagon with the chest? The wagon right next to Lucy Thorne," Evie says and points to it.

"I do. You want to hide somewhere in the alley next to the street?"

"You read my mind. When the fight starts, we can sneak on the wagon and ride away," Evie says, "Before we go in, here. I asked mister Bell to make you a rope launcher as well."

"Oh my, Evie. How kind of you," Sarah says with a smile. She held her wrist to Evie as she starts to attach the launcher. "If we were giving gifts, I would have brought one as well."

"Oh? What kind of gift?" Evie asks as she is working on the mechanism.

"It wouldn't be a gift if you knew what it is, would it? Patience, dear," Sarah says giving Evie a loving smile. Evie finishes as her cheeks flush a bit after catching a glance of Sarah expression.

"Yes, you're right. Uh, we should get going."

"Of course, lead the way, Evie."

Both women start to descent to street level. The shadows obscure them while they sneak way from shadow to shadow. Evie was surprised by how quiet Sarah is. There wasn't an illusion that she would be bad, but this level almost matched her own. It makes her wonder how much the British Assassins could learn from the other branches.

Sarah was right. The British Assassin Council is incompetent. There is a reluctance to act. They preach patience while the Templars grow in power. They wait while the Templar Order uncovers one Piece of Eden after another. It is a crying shame. That's what it is.

They come to a stop as they hid behind barrels. The street is filled with blighters and lower-ranking Templars. Jacob should be here any moment with the Rooks. Evie hopes he doesn't make too much of a show of it.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! It seems we have a Blighter infestation on our hands here. Well, we better solve that!" The voice of Jacob announces as he comes into view while standing on top of a carriage. Jacob whistles and several other carriages come rushing in full of Rooks.

"Let's get to it lads," he says and rushes into the fray with his fellow rooks.

Thorne was surprised at the appearance of Jacob. Let alone the whole group of Rooks. She assessed her situation and motioned to the blighter and Templar that were loading the cargo on the cart. "Get it away from here! Now," Thorne ordered.

"Shit, we need to go after them," Evie says looking for an empty carriage. When she spotted one a dozen meters or so down the street, she takes Sarah's arm and runs to it. Heavy fighting took place which made them not very noticeable. Even Thorne was preoccupied with fending off some Rooks while securing her own exit route.

"Evie, catch!" Sarah says as she took the reins. Evie caught a revolver. In barely two minutes Sarah and Evie were racing after the wagon with their price. The carriage makes sharp turns, switching lanes to avoid incoming traffic.

"I hope you are a good shot. You'll need to take out the driver," Sarah says, urging the two horses to go faster. "Leave it to me, Sarah. Just keep it steady."

The revolver she gave was of good make as Evie briefly looked it over. It is what you expect from people with money. You are able to buy excellent quality arms. Evie aimed the gun at the driver and shoots. A clean shot and the driver fell off the wagon. In a second, she shot again at the fellow next to the driver.

"Wonderfully done, Evie," Sarah says as she stops next to the wagon. "I aim to please. Come, quickly, before more come."

"We will have to get rid of the carriage. There is a workshop that I do frequent business with. They can help," Sarah says, driving away. "It has been quite a while since I have been in the field. I very much missed it," Sarah says with a smile.

Evie looks to her left. She hasn't been in the field for some time? It hardly showed. Her skill was very good. The training in Italy and France must have instilled the lessons very thoroughly in her.

"I wouldn't have guessed, Sarah. You did well. Oh, and thank you for borrowing your revolver," Evie says and holds it out to her. Sarah shakes her head a bit. "See it as my gift. Keep it. Shall I give you a ride to the station? We can go through the acquired items tomorrow at my house."

"I am tired. It would perhaps be better to go together to your home. Perhaps I can stay in the guest room? It would also allow us to talk. There are a few questions I have," Evie says. Her gaze goes in a direction that does not give a view of Sarah.

"Of course, Evie. I will answer any that you may have."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

58.8K 1.5K 31
This is a story about a young woman called Rosanna Starrick, she's the daughter of the Templar Grand Master, Crawford Starrick. She is, in fact, the...
210K 3.2K 36
A short story about our favorite female assassin and a lovable male assassin (You) Assassins Creed is owned by Ubisoft See an adventure that tests th...
3K 129 25
1868, London. We are in the era of Queen Victoria's reign and the Industrial Revolution. The protagonist of the story is Adaline Lanchester, the only...
7K 234 39
Crawford Starrick is taking over London, slowly but surely. Jacob and Evie are assassins, recently arrived in London. It doesn't take them long to fi...