STARRY EYES ⎯ BRIDGERTON

بواسطة Paris_El10

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ STARRY EYES ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ ❝ [ You were there when I needed someone ] ❞ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥIn which... المزيد

Starry Eyes
act. one
001. Thornharts
002. Tea Party
003. Girl Talk
004. Kiss Ass
005. Decisions
006. Black Sheep
007. Sickness and in Health
008. Worst is yet to Come
009. No Matter What
010. New Addition
011. Grief
012. Recovery
013. One Thing After the Other
015. Time will Tell
act. two
016. Here we go...Again
017. Reunited
018. Deja Vu
019. Letters
020. Sneak Glances
021. May the best man Win
022. Secret Date
023. Gossip
024. Happiness is a Butterfly
025. The Vronskys
026. Revelation
027. Betrayed
028. No means No
029. Conflicted
030. Big Question
031. Ultimatum
032. Marriage
act. three
033. The calm before the Storm
034. Awkward Conversations
035. Set the Trap
036. Whose side are you on?
037. Arringtons'

014. A Little Too Late

4.5K 181 41
بواسطة Paris_El10

~A Little Too Late~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

It didn't take long for the doctor to arrive. Persephone wasn't there to witness what the doctor had to say but safe to say, it wasn't pretty. From the look on Athena's face she knew something was wrong with Francis. It was the same face she had when she found out her mother wasn't getting any better. So, she left them alone.

Night turned into day and it seemed as though everyone was aware of Francis' condition except for Persephone. Nobody really knew how to react or inform the youngest Thornhart what was wrong with her father. As toxic as their relationship was, Persephone had the right to know.

Persephone entered the kitchen, seeing her sister's state. "What's wrong?"

Athena turned around, wiping her tears away. "It's not like you'll care."

"I mean I wouldn't know unless you tell me. It seems like everyone knows what's going on except for me." Persephone furrowed her brows.

"That's because you went back to your room." Athena turned towards her sister, dark under eyes prominent. "While you slept soundly with zero care in the world, I had to deal with the news that our father is dying."

Persephone was shocked. She didn't expect to hear that Francis was dying. "What?"

"You heard right, Persephone. The wound our father has was not cleaned correctly. Because of that, he has an infection and it's spreading rapidly." Athena explained, sipping on her tea. "It's only a matter of time before he dies."

Persephone didn't know what to say. She never wished death on the man but hearing his death was near was something she couldn't comprehend. Persephone didn't think Francis would die this soon, especially after her mother passed away just three years ago.

"I don't know what to say." Persephone looked down at her hands, not being able to look at her sister. To see the look of hurt, of hopelessness. Because Persephone didn't feel anything. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't.

"I know you don't like him. I get it. But at least talk to him. I don't want you to live with regret."

"I don't think he'll want me to."

"He will." Athena spoke. "He told me himself. Persephone, he knows his death is approaching. For once, just consider speaking to him."

The last thing Athena needed was for Persephone to regret making amends with her father. Francis could be a lot of things, but at the end of the day that was her father. Whether she liked it or not.

"You think it's so easy?" Persephone questioned, looking up at her. "You think it's easy to deal with years of resentment. To have your own father toss you to the side the minute you were born? You never had that. You will never understand the things that I have been through because of that man. I will always be the black sheep. I will always be what could have been and I will always be looked at like a mistake."

"He didn't like me for a while."

"That is nothing compared to what I had to deal with." Persephone shook her head. "I had our mother. I had the love and care from her because I never got it from him. As much as you want me to make amends with him, I simply cannot. I can't bury 17 years of abandonment and trauma just like that. I'm sorry Athena, but I'm not like you."

Persephone walked away, leaving Athena little room to respond or even argue back. Even if she wanted to speak to him, what was there to say? She couldn't lie to his face and tell him that she forgives him just so he can rest in peace. Persephone couldn't and she wouldn't. As harsh as it sounds, nobody told him to treat her that way and now that he was practically on his deathbed he wanted to make amends? No.

But then she thought about her mother. What would she think? What would she say? She knew Rachel Thornhart would go crazy and do everything to make Francis feel comfortable in final days. But Persephone knew deep down, her mother would want her to speak to him, at least to get closure.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

It felt like an eternity as Persephone stood in front of the door—Francis' bedroom door to be exact. It took everything in her not to simply walk back to the comfort of her own room. The idea of talking to Francis in his last moments was something she never expected and quite frankly, didn't want to do.

But as much as she wanted to run away, she knew she couldn't. Persephone had a lot of things to get off her chest and this was now or never. She wouldn't be able to get the chance to speak to him ever again.

With a sigh, Persephone raised her fist and softly knocked on the door. She heard a faint "come in", allowing herself to walk inside the room and shut the door behind her. This room brought a lot of memories. It was her mother's room to be exact. The same room that watched her mother's soul slip away and now Francis would have the same fate.

"I didn't think you would come." Francis watched as his daughter stood in front of him. He was surprised, after everything he didn't expect to see Persephone.

Persephone shrugged, looking anywhere else but him. "I heard you wanted to speak to me."

"I did." Francis gently pushed himself in a sitting position, wincing as the pain coursed through his body.

"You should be laying down. You're going to hurt yourself even more."

"I'm already dying, Persephone." Francis stated, looking at his daughter. "You must be happy seeing me like this."

Persephone furrowed her brows. "Just because I don't like you doesn't mean I wish death upon you. I'm not that kind of girl."

Persephone would never wish death for anyone, even if it was her enemy. Francis may be a lot of things and may have caused her harm all throughout her life but that didn't mean she wished for him to die.

"Is this it? The conversation we were supposed to have? You wanted me to admit how happy I am that you were dying?" Persephone questioned, seeing as her time was wasted yet again.

"No." Francis shook his head. "I actually wanted to apologize."

"Apologize?"

"Persephone, I never treated you the way you should have been treated. My blindness for wanting a boy turned me into a man I should have never become." Francis confessed. "I was never a loving father to you and never treated you like a daughter."

"You think I'm going to forgive you just like that?" Tears welled up on her eyes. "Do you honestly think you deserve my forgiveness? Because you don't. I spent years trying to be the daughter you always wanted. I always wanted to make you proud of me and see me in a different light instead of a mistake. But I gave up."

"I gave up on the idea of ever having a loving father. I gave up on us and I gave up on you. You don't deserve my forgiveness because you haven't earned it. Just because you're sitting on your deathbed doesn't mean I'm going to pity you." Persephone expressed.

"You don't need to forgive me, Persephone. I know the damage has been done and there's no way to fix it. Not now, not ever. I just wanted you to know how sorry I am."

"Are you truly sorry or are you just saying that because your time is almost up?"

Francis stayed quiet, this time looking anywhere else except Persephone's eyes. She knew right then and there he didn't mean anything that he said. He just wanted to die peacefully. Because that is what people like him do. Try to fix whatever issues they have before leaving this earth. Believing that by just saying 'sorry', things would just magically fix.

Persephone chuckled. "I knew it. It would be too good to be true. Francis Thornhart would never truly admit how he wronged his youngest daughter. How he treated her like trash. How she only found comfort from her mother who's now dead."

"You will never truly feel sorry because you will never understand how your words and actions have caused me. You will never understand and you will never feel worthless. You called me a mistake and completely humiliated me. You made me feel like a nobody because you never wanted me." Persephone continued as tears slowly fell on her cheeks. "I am not to blame for your destiny. I never asked to be here and the least you could've done was be a father to me. You are nothing but a stranger. You words mean shit to me and I hope you understand I will never forgive you for all the things you have done to me. Who knows what else you have hidden for me?"

"And do you know what's the worst of it all?" Persephone asked the man, wiping her tears. "I will always crave the fatherly love you never gave me. I just wished for once in my life I can say my father was there for me or my father truly loved me. But I can't. I can never have what I always wanted because you never tried."

"Don't act like you've never treated any less. You always favored your mother more and always treated me like I was nobody. Persephone, you don't even call me father or Papa, you call me by my name." Francis argued back.

"And who started it?" Persephone spoke, crossing her arms. "Why would I call you father when you have never been a father to me?"

"You should have at least shown some respect."

"You didn't deserve any respect." Persephone knew their conversation wouldn't go anywhere. Two stubborn people wanting to be right. "You know I wish things wouldn't have ended this way. I hoped that someday you would have at least been a little nicer to me. But I guess that time will never come."

"I just wanted to let you know how sorry I was. I know you will never forgive me for my mistakes, I'm well aware of that. But I at least wanted to try." Francis admitted, guilt slowly consuming his body.

"I wish I could." Persephone confessed. "I wish I could forgive but I can't. I'm glad you understand."

Francis wouldn't admit it, he was surprised to see how hard headed Persephone was but it was expected. Did he really expect Persephone to forgive him so easily? Years of trauma couldn't simply fix anything. The damage was already done and he had to leave this earth knowing his youngest daughter would never forgive him for the mistakes he has made and mistakes that will haunt her for the rest of her life. All because of his selfish ways.

"I don't think there is much to talk about. But I wish you nothing but the best in the afterlife. And I'm glad you are aware of the mistakes you have made."

Persephone wrapped her arms around Francis, knowing this would be the first and last time she would be able to ever do this. She felt his arms tightly around her. This was what she always wanted but could never have.

"Say hi to mother for me." With that Persephone walked out of the room.

Francis watched as she closed the door behind her, leaving him alone with his thoughts. He ruined her. He knows that. Persephone was right, she had always been right. But damage was yet to be done for Persephone.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"How are you feeling?" Daniel asked Francis as he took a seat by the bed.

"How do you think I'm feeling? I'm dying." Francis shrugged. He wasn't in the mood for anything. After his encounter with Persephone he had a lot of things to think about. "I have to make sure everything is settled before I pass."

"Completely understandable but let's not forget the agreement we had." Daniel places a paper in front of Francis, both knowing exactly what that paper contained.

Francis knew if he were to sign this paper, Persephone would never forgive him and hate him for the rest of her life. For the first time in forever, Francis felt like he was signing his daughter away to the devil. 

Daniel watched as Francis seemed to be contemplating. "Don't tell me you're having second thoughts?"

"Daniel, I don't know anymore. This seems wrong."

"We've talked about this." Daniel sighed as he felt a headache coming in. He felt like he was talking to an actual child. "The plan has already been made. You can't turn your back on it now. You know there will be consequences from the Arringtons."

Francis knew Daniel was right. The moment the Arrington's hear Francis turning back on the agreement, everything will turn to shit. It will make things more complicated.

"You're right." Francis sighed, signing the paper and giving it back to Daniel. "I just hope you know what you're doing."

Daniel smirked. "Of course I do. I'll make sure Persephone agrees with this."

"Good luck with that. She's not that easy."

Francis watched as Daniel stepped out of his room. Guilt consumed him once again. He had never felt this way before, especially to Persephone. He felt like he had to do something, anything.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock. Soon after, Margaret stepped into the room, bringing the man his dinner.

"I apologize for the long wait, sir. But your dinner is now ready." Margaret apoligzed, placing the meal on the table. "Is there anything else you may need?"

An idea popped up. Francis looked up at Margaret. "Yes. What I need from you Maragret is extremely important and I need this to stay between us."

Margaret looked at the man confused. "If I may ask, what is it about, sir?"

"It's about Persephone."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

! Author's Note !

─◌✰್ One of the last moments Persephone and Francis will ever have. Do you think Persephone should have forgiven Francis?

─◌✰್ Also it seems as though Francis may be having second thoughts. What would be his plan?

─◌✰್ Thank you all for reading. Enjoy♡

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

57.3K 1.7K 31
❝surround me like an ocean, strip down to raw motion❞ simon x fem!oc bridgerton s1
7K 153 14
Duty, Honor, and Loyalty are the words that Anthony Bridgerton deemed to be his virtues. Yet if you were to ask Angel she would list out all his faul...
1.4K 49 7
Two people who couldn't be more different, for the first time in her life she could say she truly hated someone, not realising that soon the anger sh...
912K 20.4K 46
∾✧。MORE ۵∾ ❛AND ALL THE THINGS THAT WE DREAM ABOUT THEY DON'T MEAN WHAT THEY DID BEFORE I JUST WANNA GET BACK TO US CAUSE WE USED...