Red Is For Love (Io Shirai X...

Freedom_Fighter24 által

Kai Hosako, the twin brother of Kaori Hosako, is Japan's first autistic pro wrestler who made waves in New Ja... Több

Profile
Debut
In-Ring Debut
Training Together
Masami's Debut
Adam vs Ren
Surprise!
Yokohama
Tokyo
Talk(s)
Yamaguchi
Six Man Tag
Head Over Heels?
Strong vs Hosako
Ready To Fight
Happy Birthday Minoru!
Making History
Moving In And Birthdays
On The Trail
One More Day
WarGames Pt. 1
WarGames Pt. 2
After WarGames
The Old Returns
Two Segments
Time Together
Phoenix Pt. 1
Challengers
Livestream
First Squash Match (As A Champion)
Johnny vs Ren II
Writing A Book
New York Pt. 1
New York Pt. 2
Attack of The Fan
New Look, New Attitude
Return
Be Mine
EVOLVE Pt. 1
EVOLVE Pt. 2
Promo
Johnny vs Ren III
Masami's Birthday
New Entrance
XXV
No More BS
Mixed Tag Match
Toronto
Ren vs Io
Contendership
Invasion
Something's Wrong
Confrontation
Back To Full Sail
Happy Day
Strong vs Hosako II
Fish vs Hosako II
Unexpected
Appreciation
8 Man Tag
A Big Mistake
Final Straw
Split Interview
Yes?
Preparations
War Pt 1
War Pt 2
Wrestlemania 36
Special Day
Epilogue Pt 1
Epilogue Pt 2
The Process of Creating Kai "Ren" Hosako

Phoenix Pt. 2

206 1 14
Freedom_Fighter24 által

~With Kai~

Trevor ran down the entrance ramp, did his thing, and made his entrance, now it was time for mine.

I personally asked this artist to perform for me and it's about to happen, even if it isn't for the NXT Championship.

On the stage, when the lights went out, this artist was shown in the spotlight...

?????: AYUMI NAKAMURA!

The crowd went nuts as they knew I won best entrance in NXT history just by this alone.

As Ayumi was on the stage, she shouted...

Ayumi: NXT! LET'S GO!

(A/N: Play at 0:03, just before it goes to 0:04.)

When that guitar strum hit, everyone got into it as Trevor lost it and he didn't know what to do! He didn't think I'd be this good at playing everyone's game!

Ayumi started singing and she looked like she was in her groove, and I wanted to go out there and dance, but the only time I'm dancing is when I'm inside the ring.

Ayumi: 銀色の街に 1万ドルの夢を見て
夜が明けるまで 踊りくるえば

Translation: Dreaming of a million dollars in a silver town
If you dance until the dawn breaks

When she got to the second half of the first verse, I went out there just head banging and we fist bumped and I went walked down the ramp just hyping them up and telling them to get up!

Ayumi: 孤独をかかえた スランプのジャングルの中
時をいやせる 歌を聞かせて

Translation: In the lonely slump jungle
Let me hear a song that heals the time

Me: GET UP!

They cheered and they were still going along with the beat that when I got to the steel steps, I looked at Ayumi again, who was just smiling while she sung and smiled at me.

Ayumi: ドラマチックに描いてた 栄光の日も理想の生き方も
まるで脆いガラスのように いつか壊れてしまいそうだね

Translation: Dramatically painted glorious days and ideal ways of life
Like fragile glass, it seems like it will break someday

I went inside the ring and as I kept head banging to the song and went on the top rope to hype the fans up as Ayumi kept singing...

Ayumi: ミッドナイト・ハレルヤ 踊りつづけて
いつまでも シュールな夜を

Translation: Midnight hallelujah keep dancing
Have a surreal night forever

Ayumi: さらってゆけ 宇宙の果ての
ビーナスよ

Translation: Take me away from the end of the universe
Venus

I pointed at Ayumi who was going to end this song with her signature dancing and her very famous vocal chorus, which is found at the end of the song...

Ayumi: ムーンライト ムーンライト ムーンライト
ムーンライト ムーンライト ムーンライト

Translation: Moonlight moonlight moonlight wow wo
Moonlight moonlight moonlight wow wo

Ayumi: MOONLIGHT!

When that song ended, she said one more thing before walking off...

Ayumi: REN HOSAKO...

Ayumi/Crowd: ICHIBAN!

She blew a kiss at me and walked off as I got off the top rope and into the corner, ready to kick some ass, but Trevor had to smirk and say to me, breaking character...

Trevor: That was sick!

I laughed a bit as the lights went back to normal and the announcer introduced me.

Announcer: The following contest scheduled for one fall is for the NXT North American Championship!

The fans cheered as the announcer was about to introduce me.

Announcer: Introducing first, the challenger, from Yamaguchi, Japan, weighing at 229lbs, he is The Prodigy, REN HOSAKO!

The crowd applauded as I was looking to be the next NXT NA Champion, and I can't wait to take it.

Announcer: And his opponent, weighing at 192lbs, he is the NXT North American Champion, RICOCHET!

He lifted his arms, and handed the ref the title, lifted it up above his head to let people know that this is a championship match.

Once he handed the belt to the other official...

Ref: RING THE BELL!

The bell rang and this match is underway.

The first thing Trevor and I did was do a handshake, letting everyone know that this is more of a friendly competition rather than an intense fight.

Next, we touched hands, looking to trade some holds before moving onto some other moves. For this match, I'm retiring my technical skills so I can focus on Trevor, BUT, if he makes a mistake and he hurts one of his legs while doing one of his high-flying moves, I'm gonna target that bad leg.

That's the plan: wait for Trevor to hurt one of his legs so I can have an advantage.

Renallo: Remember guys, Ren is smart. If the Champion hurts himself, Ren's gonna target a limb and focus on that limb!

Phoenix: That's a good point, Mauro. Hosako is known for focusing on an injured limb and working it. It could happen tonight!

McGuiness: It could happen!

Trevor and I did a feat of strength to start things off as he managed to make me bend back but I went behind him for a waistlock and a takedown.

Trevor then reversed and took me down with a headlock until I locked his head in with my legs.

He and I practiced this way before PPV and I gave two slaps to my thigh, letting him know when to reverse the hold. After one more slap, Trevor got up on his knees and reversed the hold by doing a kip-up and locking in a crossface clutch.

Now, I didn't panic when Trevor locked it in on me, but I did make sure that I reversed it into a pinfall where he kicked out at 2.

I then forearmed Trevor and he did the same until I kneed his stomach who got onto one knee.

While I was looking to Irish Whip him to the ropes, I saw a sign that said, "Another hold, Ren?"

Whoever made that sign is a clown, so I responded by putting Trevor in another chokehold, making the fans laugh, especially Trevor who covered his face with his arm, trying to stay in character.

He then pushed me to the ropes and then off me as I hit the ropes and he knocked me down, flat on the mat before he ran to the ropes, I leapt to the side, he ran, I got up and leapt over him, and I looked to perform an arm drag, but he beat me to it by flipping me over to the ropes and he clotheslined me out of the ring.

He then ran up to the ropes, hit them, ran at full speed to perform a Tope Suicida, but I moved out of the way, and gave him a boot and then I looked to throw him into the steps, but he countered and threw me into them instead!

It did hurt and he looked to kick me in the head, but I ducked and Trevor hurt his leg!

He was grabbing onto it, wincing in pain as I took advantage by grabbing him and throwing him inside the ring.

Now, this injury is definitely going to hinder Trevor's high-flying ability and if I can tap him out.

When I got up, I targeted that bad leg by clubbing it with closed fists as I lifted Trevor up and performed a Dragon Screw, where Trevor screamed in pain.

I covered him but he kicked out at 2, which made me hold onto the bad leg and his heel.

I flipped him on Trevor's stomach, and I looked to cause some more pain. I bent his heel back...

Crowd: Oooh.

...bent his knee...

Crowd: OOOH!

...and pulled Trevor's leg back...

Crowd: OOOOOOOH!

...as I got on top of him and started pulling back, causing him to scream in absolute pain.

It felt like he was looking to tap, but he crawled over to the rope and looked grab it, but I leaned back and grabbed his hand to keep it away but his other hand grabbed the rope, forcing me to relinquish the hold.

Renallo: Ricochet is in agony, but you can't count out Ren's ring IQ.

Phoenix: I agree! It looked like he was trying to keep Ricochet from the ropes, it was a smart move. He wasn't successful, but just brilliant ring awareness by The Prodigy!

Renallo: You're right, Beth. That's one of the biggest traits of Ren Hosako. He knows what he needs to do when anyone's in the ring with him!

McGuiness: Ren was just looking at me. I'm sorry guys, if he starts coming over here, I'm out!

Renallo: You're not willing to give us any protection are you, Nigel?

McGuiness: Not really. I don't get paid by the hour!

~5 Minutes Later~

Trevor and I are just going at it after I made sure to ground him, making sure he doesn't perform any high-flying moves.

This was just a fun match and while he was willing to fight back by giving me two clotheslines, a dropkick and I went out of the ring.

When I was on the outside, Trevor was able to flip onto the outside and knock me down, although he held onto his bad leg.

He managed to pick me up and throw me inside the ring and cover me but I kicked out at 2.

He then looked to try the 630 Senton, but I was able to get up and knock him down. I then looked to end it with the Sleeper, but he had it scouted by performing a stunner onto me.

I sold it by feeling like I got knocked on the head and he gave me a superkick as I went down.

Trevor went to the top rope, looking to end it and he managed to only do the Shooting Star Press.

He covered me, but I was able to kick out at 2 1/2.

It was by instinct, not because I wanted to.

When I did kick out, the fans, cheered, and applauded while standing up. This told me they were getting one hell of a fight from Trevor and I because they were chanting...

Crowd: THIS IS AWESOME! *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* THIS IS AWESOME! *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Trevor and I managed to get up and stare each other down as it was about to be a fight.

He was telling me to bring it to him, so I did by chopping his chest, Trevor returned it to me and before I gave him another one, he put his hands behind his back.

What Trevor just did was a show of honor and respect. This is reminding me of the time I met Minoru for the first time and this is what I did before he showed respect in return.

I then patted his chest again, cocked my hands back, and then...

CRACK!

Trevor still had his hands behind his back, kneeling down, but not on a knee. He was about to do the same but I had an idea.

Me: Wait! Wait! Wait!

I then put my hands behind my back, shocking the fans and Trevor, even the announcers, while giving him a smile of approval and sportsmanship.

Renallo: And a show of respect in return! Hosako doesn't do that to many of his opponents.

Phoenix: Yeah, you're right, Renallo. This is very rare coming from The Prodigy.

McGuiness: It's either respect, or Ren is playing mind games. I don't trust him.

What Renallo is saying is true, whenever I'm a babyface or a heel, I don't show that to a lot of my opponents because that's what my character is: a brutal bastard who takes no prisoners and is wanting to show how torturous he can be.

The only wrestlers I showed respect was Tanahashi, Okada, and another wrestler from Pro Wrestling NOAH, can't remember his name.

Trevor decided to give me one of my chops and he did land it, but it didn't hurt as much.

So, after I took some time to look out into the crowd...

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The crowd cheered and laughed as I turned back to Trevor, smiling and chuckling as we proceeded to chop the hell out of each other!

Our chops actually started to make the sweat visible when we landed them so hard, like, everyone could see it!

Even though we were tired from all the chopping, we showed that we still had enough gas left in the tank, especially me because when he gave me a forearm, I laughed in his face before giving him a forearm of my own!

Renallo: Hosako laughing in the face of Ricochet!

We then looked to take each other down, but when we ran to the ropes for a clothesline each, we clotheslined each other, knocking both of us down!

The fans still didn't let up as they stood up, roared with cheers and applause as changed the "this is awesome" chant to...

Crowd: THIS IS WRESTLING! *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* THIS IS WRESTLING! *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Hearing the fans chant "this is wrestling" for an autistic technical wrestler and a highflying wrestler who is black is a very beautiful thing, and I will cherish this moment forever.

The both of us slowly got up as the two of us were exhausted. This was being one hell of a match and this is probably one of my favorites in my NXT run so far. I was really enjoying this as were close to the end.

I managed to get the Fujiwara on Trevor as he continued to groan in agony as I locked it in.

He didn't tap, but he was able to flip over to reverse it, but I locked in the sleeper, and looked for a Brainbuster, but Trevor flipped me over on my back and forearmed my jaw.

He looked for a move by hitting the ropes, but I did the same and he looked for a clothesline, but I ducked, went behind him, and locked in the Sleeper as the crowd went bananas.

Trevor was doing whatever he could to get out of it, but locked the sleeper in tighter.

After resisting and looked to be fading, I put him in a Suplex position, but before I could hit it, I gestured the fans to cheer loudly as I was looking for it.

I put Trevor's arm around my head, lifted him up, and...

Renallo: Spiked him with the Brainbuster!

Phoenix: That has to be it!

McGuiness: Ren could win it here!

I cover Trevor...

Crowd: ONE! TWO! THREE!

Once the ref hit three and the bell rang, I was elated and I was hitting the mat with a closed fist. I wasn't crying, but I did feel like it!

Announcer: Here is your winner, AND NEW NXT North American Champion, REN HOSAKO!

I was given the title and my arm was raised.

I was so happy that I won this title and although I'm not from North America, this should make the title have a bit more prestige and make it more relevant than it is right now.

Plus, this should be the sign of a wrestler looking to win the big one in the future, so winning this North American title is a great start on my path towards the NXT Championship, and I'm not gonna complain.

I mean, this Championship is not gonna be a stepping stone while I hold onto it. I'm gonna treat it as the Championship it is since it's new and I want this belt to be seen as just as important as the NXT Championship, which is my main goal.

As I still took in the fact that I'm the new NXT NA Champion, I went on the middle turnbuckle, raised my hands with the title above my head and celebrated my victory.

Still in the ring, Trevor got on his feet, both hands on his hips, and smiling.

I was too as I got down from the top turnbuckle and went towards him. He extended his hand and I shook it as we hugged, making the fans cheer and applaud at this show of sportsmanship.

He then told me to give the title to him and to turn around. I trusted him as I did turn around and he put strapped the title around my waist!

Trevor then raised my arm and pointed at me as the winner. I was in shock. I thought he was gonna beat me with the title and turn into a heel, but it didn't happen as he did this for me, which he didn't need to do!

When we got to the back, Masami, Kaori, and Ayumi screamed in adoration as they walked over and got me in a group hug and a kiss from Masami on my lips.

I really felt so happy about this as Hunter went over to me and hugged me.

Hunter: Feels good to be the Champ doesn't it?

Me: Hai.

Hunter: Well, Trevor and I were talking about it and he actually wanted to put you over.

Me: Wait, what?

I looked at Trevor who was smirking and said to me...

Trevor: I saw how red hot you were getting with the fans and I saw how passionate you were at wanting to become the first autistic NXT Champion, so I wanted to have you winning this title be the first step towards that. You earned it, bro. Make this title mean something and show those fans why you deserved this Championship.

We bro hugged as Ayumi looked like she was crying. I had to come over to her and hug her.

Ayumi: 私はあなたをとても誇りに思っています、カイ。 (I'm so proud of you, Kai.)

Me: こんにちは、泣かないで それは大きなものに向かって道の始まりにすぎません。 これはどうですか、私たちはシャワーを浴びた後に食べに出かけますか? (Hey, don't cry. It's only the start of the path towards the big one. How about this, we go out to eat after I shower?)

Ayumi: 私はそれが大好きです。 (I love it.)

Me: マサミ、カオリ? (Masami, Kaori?)

Masami: 行きましょう! (Let's go!)

Kaori: 私はそれとうまくいます! (I'm good with that!)

Me: Hunter, can we—

Hunter: You go ahead with them, Kai. You earned it, anyway!

Me: Arigato, Hunter.

Hunter: You're very welcome, Kai.

I hugged him again and I showered, dressed, and we did go out to eat to this Tex-Mex restaurant, which had the best food ever.

It was Ayumi's first time trying this type of food and to see the delight on her face made it even better!

I was at the end of the table where Masami was able to get a picture of all of us and she sent it to me as I put it on Instagram, with the caption...

@RenH1988

"NXTチャンピオンシップへの道の始まり、今のところ、私は北アメリカのチャンピオンになるのが嬉しいです"

Translation: The start of a path towards the NXT Championship, for now, I'm happy to be the Champion of North America

This got heaps of love from so many wrestlers, including my father figure, Minoru...

@suzuki_D_minoru

"働き続ける、カイ! あなたは今私が今あなたの勝利を祝いました!"

Translation: Keep working hard, Kai! You celebrate your victory because I am right now!

I felt so loved by this man and I really wanted to go home and sleep, but Kaori had to do this, as she lifted her glass of tequila, even though everyone is and I'm the only one who doesn't drink and I have a Diet Coke...

Kaori: 私は乾杯をしたい、私の双子の兄弟に、カイホサコ、誰が誰よりもこの祭典に値する人、彼は.. (I wanna make a toast, to my twin brother, Kai Hosako, who deserves this celebration more than anyone, because he is...)

All of Us: ICHIBAN!

We clinked our glasses before we drank, but before we could finish our meal, Kaori was coughing and actually said...

Kaori: さて、試合の後にアルコールを飲むのが悪い考え! (Okay, bad idea to drink alcohol after a match!)

We all laughed as we continued to have fun and celebrate both Kaori and I's championship wins.

Also, for those that are probably thinking, "Kai, why don't you drink?" NOW YOU KNOW!

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

60.7K 531 14
What happens when the first Autistic pro wrestler is tied between two of WWE's most beautiful female wrestler?
6.9K 84 25
After the events of the first book, Me W/o Us, Drew McIntyre lost his NXT championship and suffered a terrible injury, keeping him on the shelf for 9...
154K 3.5K 78
Taylor Lee Amore is Enzo's twin sister. When Enzo got a try out for NXT they had lost contact but she kept contact with the family. Taylor started wr...
8.3K 258 38
[Cover by: undisputedtori] Geiz Marufuji is the nephew of Naomichi Marufuji, a legendary wrestler in Pro Wrestling NOAH. After 6 years in NOAH, he jo...