Happy Place

נכתב על ידי kotasonvenus

[-] "He saw all the stars in the solar system in her eyes." ••••••• Delani Taylor is the type of girl who wea... עוד

Beginning Stuff
1- Prologue
2- Kill
3- Eye Contact
4- Blindfold
5- Shoot
6- Stay
7- Alone
8- Call
9- French
10- New Kids
11- Bigger Person
12- Fortune Cookies
13- Jealous
14- Early
15- Cheer Practice
16- Jersey
17- Kiss Me
18- Two Types of Frustrated
19- Girlfriend
20- Snoozed Alarm Clock
21- Where's Your Bra
22- Hot Italians
23- Can I Touch It
24- Bridesmaids
25- Irrational
26- Good Type of Nothing
27- Hide 'n Seek
28- French Toast
29- Workout
30- Book Collection
31- Victor and Todd
32- Wet Dreams
33- Secrets
34- Ma
35- Nothing
37- Under the Stars
38- Baby Talk
39- Thanksgiving
40- Picasso
41- Party
42- Pool
43- Beautiful
44- Hatred
45- New York
46- Harry Potter
47- Venus
Third Book

36- Thank You

18.5K 491 127
נכתב על ידי kotasonvenus

"August where are you?" I said as I hold my phone to my ear as I walk out the school building.

School has ended and I haven't seen August since he left right after lunch ditching all his classes after.

"To your left, baby." He answers.

At his words I look to left and at the far end of the parking lot I see his white Jeep parked. I smile walking to the car.

"Where you been?" I ask as soon as I hopped into the passenger seat closing the door behind me.

"Missing you." He replies with a knowing smirk.

I narrow my eyes at him as he drives of of the lot, "That's corny as hell. Fess up."

"You'll find out sooner or later. For now Imma take you home, and drop you off so you can get ready for our date." He places his hand on my thigh before tapping in a pattern of eight.

My stomach whirls now that I know what the taps mean, making my heart jump and the blood in my veins buzz.

"You say that as if you don't park your car in front of my house." I chuckle.

Pulling up to my house I unbuckle my seat belt as August parks the car. "I'll see you at six, yes?" His eyes drift over to me as one hand still holds the steering wheel while the other is hanging off the console where his elbow rests.

"At six." I confirm pecking his lips before getting out of the car and going inside.

It took me a total hour and a half to get ready after taking a shower, getting dress, and doing my makeup; it was longer done than said. Luckily though my hair didn't take long since they were still in box braids so I just did a half up half down style.

I had on a black stand-up collared sleeveless body con dress that ended a little higher than mid thigh; something I wouldn't wear in public.

I debated on if I should wear actual shoes since his house is just across from mine. I could really just wear some slides but I don't want to seem as if I didn't put in any effort, but most definitely not walking across the street in heels so I'll just have to settle for some white sneakers.

I spritz some peach scented perfume on my neck and wrists before grabbing my purse and phone and walking out the house.

It was a little windy outside. The air blew and the warm colored leaves on the trees rustled while the fallen ones swayed above the ground before landing. I love fall, it's such a calming season.

I ring the doorbell of August's house and minutes later I can hear faint footsteps followed by the door being unlocked.

The door opens revealing August who's dressed in black slacks with a classic white button up with the sleeves rolled up just below his elbow exposing his forearms and the veins along with them.

My eyes reach his face and I catch him checking me out. His tongue skimmed his bottom as his eyes scan my figure holding a second longer in my thighs before trailing up to my face.

He exhales quietly, "Breathtaking." He states boring his eyes into mine and I look away.

"I could say the same for you, handsome." I smile and faint blush mask over his cheeks.

He gently takes my hand leading me into the house before closing the front door and locking it.

"Just came at the perfect time. I just finished dinner and the dessert is in the oven." He saids leading me past the living room.

"Dessert?"

"Yes, and there's something else. I need you close your eyes." He saids and my face shifts into confusion.

"Trust me." He spoke softly bringing my hand to his lips and kiss f my finger tips.

Letting out a sigh I close my eyes and let him guide me. My nerves spikes with hesitancy with each step I take.

"Okay. Stop right there." He instructs holding my waist before letting them slip and I hear the sound of a door opening.

"Now, open."

I do as he saids and I sharply inhale in surprise looking through the door into the dining area.

In the middle of the room was table with a white table cloth draped over with two full plates placed with a thin, tall lit candle in the middle. The neat table was under a crystal chandelier that was turned off, the room being dimly lit by the fairy lights strung up on the ceiling, and looking at the corners of the room where white and gold balloons were floating on a string; some in the shape of hearts.

I didn't know how long I was standing in shock but it might've been a while by the way August was nervously shifting from foot to foot twisting one of the rings that decorated his fingers.

"Do you like it?" He ask watching my features as if he was trying to detect any discontent.

A smile slips onto my lips as looked at my boyfriend, the most thoughtful person on the planet. "I love it, Auggie. Thank you."
I grasp his chin pulling his face down to kiss his soft lips. His smile of relief grazes against my lips.

"I've been working on it since lunch, that's why I left. I wanted to make sure everything was perfect."

I peck his lips one more time, "It's beyond perfect."

"Great because tonight we're having honey garlic salmon with angel hair pasta and grilled asparagus." He broke down the menu and I couldn't help feel as if I was dreaming to have such an amazing boyfriend.

"Auggie, you really didn't have to-" My words were lost when he kissed me assertively as his grip on my waist tightens.

"What did I tell you about that? I'm doing this because I want to, not because I feel obligated to." He assured.

"This whole thing is such a toothache I can't process that it's happening." I shake my head.

"I take it that's a compliment." He chuckles,

I nod my head, "Yes. This is the sweetest thing anyone has done for me. Thank you."

He wraps his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him as his kisses the crown of my forehead, "You deserve nothing less. Now lets eat before food gets cold."  He take my hand guiding my to a chair located at the end of the table before pulling it back allowing me to sit then pushing in my chair.

He sits down in the closer next to me and we began eating.

"What's something you never told me?" I ask cutting off a piece of salmon with my fork before eating it.

He thinks for a moment before speaking, "I tell you everything." He saids.

"Come on, there has to be something you haven't told me." I push further, twirling the angel hair pasta around my fork.

"No, I've- Well..." He trails off.

"What?"

"You remember that boy you had a crush on in the fifth grade, I think?" He ask, looking everywhere but me.

"Yeah, why?"

"I bribed him six zebra cakes to never talk to you again." He admits.

I huff out a laugh, "You can't be serious."  He nods.

"I thought he didn't liked me because he was ignoring me."

August chuckles, "Oh, he did. I originally offered him two but he upped the price."

I laugh shaking my head, "I'm really not even shocked." I take bite of asparagus.

"In my defense you let him play with your hair." August said pointing his fork at me.

I looked at him confused hitting his fork down with mine, "That boy never played in my hair."

"Yes he did. I remember, I was walking and I saw y'all on the playground and he was touching your hair." He argues.

"There was probably something in my hair, you little stalker." I explain.

"You never said that." He grumbles.

"You never asked. You were too busy trying to bribe him with snacks from the dollar store." I rebuttal, laughing. "I find it amusing how many times you were jealous throughout our childhood."

"I wasn't jealous , I was trying to protect you." He denies, which was unconvincing.

"From what?" I muse, taking a bite of pasta.

"Those nasty little gremlins, they were just using you." He said.

"We were kids what could they possibly have used me for?" I laugh.

"They wanted to steal your snacks at snack time. I heard Johnny talking about once near the slide." He said nodding.

"Auggie?"

"Yes, baby?"

"We never knew a Johnny."

"And you're welcome for that." He saids proudly fixing his posture to sit taller. I throw my head back laughing.

I stand up from my chair leaning over the corner of the table to cup his jaw leaning down to kiss him, "I love you." I murmur against his lips.

We talked and laughed as dinner went on reminiscing on memories, talking about random things, or August would tell me random facts about space. At one point he tried to explain astrophysics to me and I just smiled and nod, he seemed to passionate about and the way his eyes lit up I couldn't bring myself to tell him I had no idea what he was talking about.

When we finished dinner he collected the plates, and scolded me when I tried to do it myself. He's done more than enough with the whole date I wanted at least do something in return even if it was something simple as washing dishes.

He came back into the dining room holding a pan that had two wide cylinder dishes set on top, and I caught a whiff of a familiar aroma that I haven't smelled since my sister moved to California.

August smiles as he sets the pan on the table and with oven mitts he placed a cylinder dish on each of our plates.

"You didn't." I said looking at him in shock.

"I did. I called Ivy this morning for her peach cobbler recipe, I know it's your favorite, it took a lot of convincing but she eventually gave it up." He explained and I wanted nothing more than give biggest hug.

My sister, Ivy, is an excellent bakery since she couldn't do any sports or exercise due to heart condition and she found a love for it. Whenever she baked I always volunteered to be her taste tester, and once she made a peach cobbler that had me over the moon and it's been my favorite since.

"I'm speechless." I said gaping at the dessert.

"Try it. It may not be exactly like your sister's but I tried my best."

I immediately took my fork, digging in and taking a bite of the peach cobbler. I closed my eyes letting the tart, sweet flavor settle on my tongue as I slump in my seat. Pure heaven.

"August, this is amazing." I said taking another bite, and he he smiles in relief before taking a bite of his dessert.

August's eyes snap up to me, "Oh, and Ivy said to look for her Spiderman shirt because she knows you forgot." He remembers.

Damn, I did forget about that shirt. She called me telling me to look for that like two and half months ago.

"Yeah," I drawl out. "I probably won't do that. Tell her I said thank you for the dessert though." I take another bite of the peach cobbler as he laughs.

When dessert was finished August said he had another surprised for me, and I told that I couldn't take another surprise and he's done more than enough but he insisted.

He leads me upstairs, his hands softly grasping mine, and he stops in front of his closed room door.

"This surprise is more for me than for you but I think you'll enjoy it." He saids before opening the room door, and I stood in awe and shock when he opened the door.

Rose petals were sprinkled on the floor and on the beat bed, the room was dark showcasing the small lights in his ceiling making look like stars, and there was a platter of peaches on the nightstand.

It was simple yet so so enchanting.

I turned to August my eyes wide, "This whole is why you ditch school?" I ask.

He draws his bottom lip between his teeth nodding, "Yeah, I had to make sure everything was perfect. Is it okay?"

I beamed, "It's more than okay, Auggie. It's amazing."

"Are you okay with this?" His eyes met mine, and I narrow mine.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I answer and he picks me up holding the underside of thigh smirking as I wrap my legs around his waist.

"Thank god." He saids before muttering, "I'm starving."

I laugh as he carries me into the room closing the door behind us, "Don't think you slick, August."

"Yes ma'am." He murmurs lowly before crashing his lips onto mine.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

<3 🌹

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

347K 9.1K 20
BOOK #1 of 'Forever Collection': But why did he even listen to me when I told him not to talk to me? Why couldn't he have thought about the whole fr...
92.1K 2.6K 20
ONGOING ° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ° "I hate you," "I don't think you do," he cups my face, placing a kiss on my forehead. "I really do," "Lying...
38.1M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
249K 8.5K 30
Rosie isn't your typical girly girl. She's just one of the guys. Her bestfriend, Cameron has been her friend since kindergarten. They do everything t...