Skipped A Beat

By michimoomoo

Maddy is working at Starbucks one day when The Hype House comes in and orders some drinks. Maddy sees Jacob D... More

000
prologue
001
002
003
004
005
006
008
009
010
010 x2

007

305 4 4
By michimoomoo

(replay to the last chapter)

maddy pov

I walk out and say "Wow this is actually so nice, thank you so much!" I hug Paige. "No problem!" Paige hugs me back.

"Ok, now what am I going to wear?" Paige looks in her closet. "ooo! can I pick?!" I run up behind her. The jacket I have on me slips off my left shoulder and I leave it like that. "sure" Paige takes a step back to let me look. "Try. This. On. RIGHT NOW!" I give Paige a dress, some heels, jewelry, and give her lip gloss.

Paige comes out and says "how do I look" then twirls. "AMAZING OH MY GOD PAIGE" I yell, "what?" she looks confused. "save some men for the rest of us women" we both laugh then walk out of her room.

"THEY ARE COMING RIGHT NOW" Mia yells down the stairs. "what do you mean?" I look at Mia. "oh, everyone is waiting for yall" she says walking down the stairs. Paige and I look at each other and laugh. We then walk down the stairs and both Jacob and Jackson stare at us wide-eyed. Vinnie walked up behind Jacob and gasped, "dang, you look good Maddy". Jacob looks at Vinnie and says "yeah she does". I get to the end of the stairs then all of a sudden Jacob grabs me by my waist and pulls me towards him then kisses my lips.

"You look stunning" Jacob looks me up and down. "I already know, Vinnie told me" I joke and roll my eyes. Jacob glares at Vinnie and then says to me "go wait in the car". "but why-" I get cut off by Jacob telling "do it" in a very stern voice. I lead myself to the car and get in, "where are your boyfriend, and Vinnie?" Mia jokes. I shrug and then look out the window into the house. I see Jacob and Vinnie talking to each other, I wonder what they are saying.

jacob pov

I just told maddy to go to the car, I need to talk with Vinnie. She leaves and it's just me and Vinnie in the house. "what's up?" Vinnie looks at me. "dude, you know I like Maddy right?" I ask Vinnie. He nods, "she likes me too, correct?" I stated. Vinnie nods again. "I see the way you look at her bro, you don't think I noticed?" I questioned. "I don't look at her no way, I don't know what you're talking about. We are just friends" Vinnie grumbled. "Yeah, and it better stay that way" I walked away and got into the car. I patted my lap signalling Maddy to sit on it. She sits on my lap and turns around to talk to me.

"What happened?" She whispered. "Nothing" I shake my head. "Please tell me" Maddy insisted. "just Vinnie being Vinnie" I mumbled. Maddy wraps her left arm around my neck and starts playing with bits of my hair. She starts humming a song as she admires me. "What are you looking at?" I smile as I look at Maddy. "Oh, just a beautiful human being" Maddy looks at me and puts her hand beside my face blocking anyone sitting beside us from seeing anything. She leans in closer to my face, then swerves. I give her the death stare as she dies of laughter. "I'm just kidding!" Maddy whisper-yells. Maddy leans in and then swerves again. "that's not funny" I look at Maddy.

Even though she can be so annoying sometimes I'll always have a soft spot for her.

Maddy cups my face in her hands and says "kiss me". She leans in again, but I turn my face. "nooo, I'll actually kiss you!" Maddy exclaims. I shake my head no as she leans in for the fourth time. I turn my head again and say "no". I wanna see what she does if I decline it. "pretty please with a cherry on top!?" Maddy whines. "why do you want to kiss me if you like swerving me more?" I say trying to get a reaction out of her. "I like kissing you more than swerving you Jacob!" Maddy confessed. "Nope, nothing will make me kiss you" I shake my head again.

"ok...what about this?" Maddy kisses my jawline. I get so many butterflies but I know I can't give in. "nope", "well what about now...?" Maddy kisses my neck. It tickles but it feels nice, her soft lips touching my neck make the hair at the back of my neck stand up. "Nowwww can I kiss you???" Maddy begged, "fin-" I get cut off by Maddy pressing her lips against mine.

Maddy smiles in between the kiss and she pulls away. She smiles and then looks down. I take a finger and lift up her chin so she looks at me. "Aww...your blushing" I say as I gaze at Maddy. She smiles and whispers "yea..."

The car suddenly stops and Thomas and Mia get out "we are here". I open the door and Maddy jumps out.

maddy pov

I get out of the car and so does Jacob. I grab his hand and lead him into the restaurant. We all meet inside and the waiter walks us to a table. I sit in the middle with Jacob to my left and Paige to my right. Vinnie is across from me sitting beside Chloe and Jake.

I look up and make eye contact with Vinnie, he smiles and I smile back. He looks away then side-looks me. I laugh then look away and I notice Jacob staring at us. I look at him and my eyes go soft as I nod reassuring him everything is ok. I grab his hand and put it on my thigh, I start tracing his veins and playing with his rings.

jacob pov

I see Maddy and Vinnie staring at each other and smiling. I'm not going to lie but it's kind of getting on my nerves. They keep flirting today and they won't stop. But, I guess it's okay. I have no right to be jealous, Maddy isn't even my girlfriend.

Maddy looks at me, smiles, and nods. I suddenly feel a bit better. She grabs my hand and places it on her thigh. Her dress is lifted up a bit on the side because of the way it's made. My hand is right on her skin and it's warm and soft. She starts touching the veins in my hand and arm and plays with my rings. Maddy looks at me and whispers "your hot" then places a soft kiss on my cheek.

I instantly turn red and look down smiling so much. "I like you a lot Jacob" Maddy interlocks her fingers with mine. I look up at her and lean in towards her ear. "I like you more...are those new earrings?" I admire the shiny golden hoops hanging from Maddy's ears. "no, they're Paige's earrings" Maddy's eyes sparkle as she looks at me.

"Can you just stop?!?" I say. "stop what?" Maddy questions with a concerned look on her face. "being so freaking amazing, like I can't stop simping over you. It's annoying how likable you are" I tilt my head as if I'm looking for an answer to my question.

maddy pov

Jacob tilts his head in a very cute way. All of a sudden I realize that my boots are platform so I could maybe be as tall as Jacob or almost as tall. "Jacob, stand up" I say standing up. Jacob slowly starts getting up "why...?". I used to be just up to his pecks but now I'm at his neck. "UGH" I cross my arms and glare at Jacob. "what did I do sweetheart?" Jacob grabs my waist. "I'm wearing platforms and you're still taller than me! I'm not even close to being your height!" I whine. Jacob cups my face and leans down then kisses my lips. I pull away blushing "what was that for?". "to make you shut up" Jacob smiles pulling his hand away.

"how comfortable can people get in public???" Mia started. I looked in her direction while sitting down "what do you mean?". "yall must really like each other to be making out in public TWO times in one day" Tabitha laughs so hard she holds her stomach. "yeah, I do really like her" Jacob says looking at me.

I start getting butterflies and turn so red. I get embarrassed and cover my face with my hands, I then start sliding myself down on my seat. "what are you doing?" Paige looks at me. "ughhh it's just that Jacob is so adorable and I like him so much!" I whisper. "I heard that you know" Jacob smirks. I roll my eyes and sit back straight up "I said nothing".

"Sure you didn't" Jacob takes his hand and moves my head to look at him. He then places his lips against mine, he moves his lips in a soothing rhythm which makes my heart pump. My palms start to get really sweaty. I bite down on his lip then pull away. I stand up and walk away toward the restroom leaving Jacob stunned.

jacob pov

Maddy and I are kissing when she bites my lip then stands up and walks away. My heart is beating so fast and butterflies are overtaking my stomach. I smile thinking of what just happened. Me and Maddy aren't dating yet but I'm planning on asking her soon. I have a lot of feelings for her.

maddy pov

I walk to the restroom to calm myself down. UGHHH JACOB IS SO BEAUTIFUL I LIKE HIM SO MUCH. I can't wait for when he asks me to be his girlfriend. I walk into the restroom and start taking deep breaths. I have so many butterflies right now.

"And then he said!-...Maddy?" A tall blonde girl walks in. "I-I uh...yeah it's me..." I sigh. "Oh...my...god...HAHAHAHAH" The blonde girl burst out in laughter. The short redhead beside her starts laughing too. I laugh nervously "what's so funny Rebecca?". "YOU JUST HAVE NOT CHANGED A SINGLE BIT SINCE I LAST SAW YOU" Rebecca snarled "AW AND YOUR STILL SO SHORT".

Paige walks in and I go to stand beside her. Paige senses that I'm uncomfortable and says "what's going on?". I look at her then look at the girls and Paige understands what I mean.

"You're still as weak as I remember! Can't handle nothing by herself!" Rebecca laughs again. "Leave Maddy alone. Let's go" Paige says in a stern voice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note

Heyyy!!!

TYSM FOR A THOUSAND READS!!!

Btw what happened between Vinnie in Jacob in this chapter is just a little scene. The real drama is coming in the next chapter.

I'm trying to update more!

Working on 008 rn!

I LOVE YOU ALL SM

Thanks for the reads, comments, and votes!!!

Word count: 1,778

ILY BYEEEE <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 1.6K 50
She's new to the house, moved in after a messy breakup with a fellow 'Tik-Tok StAr'. She isn't shy, and enjoys a good time, but easily irritated. She...
238K 3.5K 39
Abigail life never seem to go in her favor. From traveling from 50 different foster homes in sight of finding a family again to figuring out who she...
55.4K 708 41
you have just graduated high school and you couldn't be happier. at a party after the ceremony you download an app called tiktok. one day your video...
32.9K 157 34
It is about a new member of the hype house that Gets rlly close with jacob