the door is my death | Roblox...

By isaac_cooked

---o--- This story is hugely inspired by the Roblox game named Doors. Credits to LSPLAH for all characters... More

1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
51
52-60
61-70
71-80
81-90
91-99
100

41-50

277 4 1
By isaac_cooked

---o---

hey guys... sorry for not uploading any chapters lately 😭 ive been rlly unmotivated and busy this week, so i couldnt find time to write... ok fine i was procrastinating. but, i have free time atm so im gonna continue this story!!

---o---

   After steadying my breath and regaining my senses, I looked around the room and saw that it was pretty... bland. Regular wallpaper, wooden floor, some lights on the walls, and a few drawers on my right. The simple, generic decoration of more than half of these rooms. As I got back on my feet, I continued on with my journey. That is. . . until I realized that my pockets felt a little. . . light. I quickly checked my pockets to see that a lot of gold had fallen out, and I was missing my lockpick! I groaned to myself in frustration, as I was planning to use it in the next room with a padlock. Rather annoyed, I continued onto Door 0041.

   Pushing open the door, strange music began to play. All of a sudden, the room was engulfed with a florescent violet light. Then, I could see that something black emerged from thin air . . . and an eye spawned in. Then another . . . and another . . . and another. Soon, a bunch of eyes, ranging from size and color, were clustered together in the form of a giant eye. As I watched them stare at me, I suddenly began to feel extreme pain. This feeling was something I had never felt before. It was like pain . . . but more agonizing. It was as though my whole body had been brutally crushed and flattened by a garbage compressor. The pain was so unbearable that I collapsed onto the floor and shut my eyes, which have now filled with tears. As soon as my eyelids shut, the pain stopped. In a heartbeat, the excruciating pain went away, leaving no trace of its existence anywhere. No aching, no discomfort. Putting two and two together, I concluded that because it was shaped like eyes, it probably didn't want me to look at it, hence the sharp pain in my body.

   Not wanting to test whether or not my theory was correct, I shuffled the opposite direction and opened my eyes again, facing the previous room where I narrowly escaped death. I got on my feet again and very slowly walked around the creature, trying to get past it without looking at the thing . . . or things. While I was scooting inch by inch, I could hear it whispering things to me in a deep, distorted voice. It sounded like multiple voices saying incoherent things in a language I was unable to understand. Along with the voices was the strange urge to look at it. I don't know why . . . but I felt like . . . I had to look at it. It seemed so . . . mesmerizing . . . pretty . . . yet, it wasn't. It's another entity in this hotel. It could kill me. . . . yet . . . it's so- NO. I wasn't going to fall victim to a bunch of eyes. With that reality check, I successfully won the fight against my urge to look at it and got past the cluster of eyes. As I celebrated in my head, I walked hastily towards the door, expecting it to open automatically like it usually does. However, I walked straight into cold wood. I backed away from the door in pain and realized that it had a padlock. 

   This place really wanted to mock me for losing my lockpick, doesn't it? I was so mad that I kicked the door, half-expecting it to break into two. Instead, I just hurt my left foot. I turned around me to see that the creature had now disappeared, and it took its violet glow with it. With a sigh of relief, I entered a room across the locked door. Inside was a small desk with some drawers and a twin-sized bed. I looked around and could hear the glistening sound of the keys somewhere. As I continued searching for the key, I eventually found it on the floor. Picking it up, I brought it to the door and unlocked it, the thump of the padlock nearly hitting my feet. 

   Door 0042 led to a small library room. It was rather dark, but I was still able to navigate without trouble. When I reached the other side of the labyrinth of bookshelves, I realized that the familiar diamond-patterned barrier was preventing access to the next room. I began to look around the room, and I eventually found the lever. I pulled it down, and with some metal clashing and the sound of something unlocking, I walked back to the barrier and saw it wide open, allowing access to the door ahead.

   As soon as I entered Door 0043, the whole room went dark. Unlike the previous room, this room actually needed a light source in order to see. I lit my lighter . . . and found out that the next room was another plus-shaped room, each with a door. And across from me was most likely a locked door. A few steps and some touching later, I could confirm that there was, indeed, a lock. The feeling of dread kicked back in, as that would mean that I might encounter Screech again. As I nervously began to explore the room, careful not to let my lighter set the wooden doors ablaze, I began to search the drawers. I checked everywhere; on beds, in drawers, on the floor, on chairs, everything! However, I was unable to find the key anywhere. I slowly began to lose hope when . . .

psst!

   I frantically began to look around me, trying to find Screech. After staring right above me, I could see that Screech was there, levitating above me. It was still gazing menacingly at me, almost like it was staring into my soul. Suddenly, it shrieked loudly and disappeared. Still shocked from what had happened, I saw that a drawer was glowing blue. While it was a strange sight at first, I realized that these were probably the guiding lights that helped me when I was being chased by that creature earlier. Putting my trust into the light, I opened the drawer . . . and found the key! I was so ecstatic that I must've danced around for a bit. Afterwards, I walked out the room and saw that the locked door was also glowing blue, a tell-tale sign that these lights were most likely an entity as well. As I was about to unlock the door, however, I felt that something was watching me. I turned around and was met face-to-face with Screech once again. It screamed in my face and de-manifested, giving me a great shock once again. As I left the room, I was still wondering how Screech manifested without pssting first. Whatever the case was, it was the least of my concerns now. Why you ask? Because the lights just flickered, and I could hear the glitching screams of Rush rapidly approaching. Thinking quickly, I ran to the nearest closet and hopped in just in time, as I could see Rush zoom past me through the crevice of the drawer's doors. 

   I popped out and avoided all the broken lightbulbs on the floor, which had just been shattered to bits and pieces by Rush. Doors 0044 and 0045 had all their lights knocked out cold, but I was still able to get out thanks to the help of Door 0046's bright glow. When I got past the two dark rooms, I kept walking forward, as Door 0046 only offered a room full of closets and empty bookshelves.

   Door 0047 had lots of drawers to loot from. As I went through the drawers, I came across a bandaid. Upon touching, an aching on my leg, one that I got after jumping through the door from the creature's pursue, had now vanished. I looked at my hands and saw that the bandaid was gone. This strange item put me in a good mood, as it told me that there are a variety of items whose only purpose is to help me progress in this strange hotel.

   Door 0048 seemed to be a dining area. The table had plates, cups, silverware, and napkins which were each placed in front of their respective chairs. Around the room hung four paintings; three on the left and one on the right. Across from the door I was standing in was a fireplace, whose fire warmed up the room greatly. Upon first glance was I able to see that there was no "Door 0049" waiting for me. Stumpted, I studied the painting a little more. That's when I realized that there were blue lights that highlighted a shape. Looking around, I deduced that I needed to move the paintings around so that their frame would match the highlighted perimeter, like a puzzle. Without wasting time, I began to move the paintings to and from. I don't really remember what the paintings looked like; I only remember a galaxy and some red & orange painting. All I know is that there was an oval, a square, a rectangle, and a rectangle but its length is bigger than its width. After I placed all the painting in their spots, a "ding" sound was audible. As I looked around, I saw that the fireplace was beginning to move into the floor, shaking the room with it. I watched in astonishment as the fireplace revealed Door 0049 on the other side.

   Careful not to trip on the slightly protruding top of the fireplace, I entered Door 0049. I was met with a giant double-door, a door which marked 0050 on the top. Its design and framework was a lot more intricate and more pleasing to the eye. It was as though a skilled sculptor took two regular doors and chiseled them into the entrance of a queen's castle. I was dumbfounded by how magnificent the door looked compared to the rest of the hotel. However, my thoughts were interrupted by a bloodcurdling growl . . . a growl that of a hungry predator, ready to feast on anything that dares enter its territory. Chills ran down my spine, as I began to shake uncontrollably in fear and terror. Whatever was waiting for me on the other side of that double-door was most definitely not friendly, and it may have been starving for generations on end. 

   After mentally preparing myself and saying my heavenly prayers, I stepped forward . . . and entered my most possible coffin of a room . . . room would be an understatement.

---o---

   sorry this chapter was a little shorter than usual! i sorta rushed this and there wasn't much to write about. i said in a previous chapter that i would reveal more abt the character n stuff, but i dont think that should be the main focus of the story. hence, u wont see much information regarding the MC's life before this hotel horror. 

   yes, room 50 will be its own chapter, as i wanna cover everything that happens based off of my own experience LOL 💀

   anywayss~ i'm gonna be working on another book soon called "Adventurous, Aren't You?" it's basically a romance book based off of my two roblox avatars bc i'm mentally not okay and seek comfort thru writing 😍

with that, val out~

---o---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 75 23
BFB is over, and all the contestants have been freed from the clutches of the EXIT. After two years of endless battling, one of the contestants host...
3.7K 87 27
Seek finds himself in an endless void of misery and despair, an entity is taking control of his life and he has no idea how to stop it. With the help...
931 36 21
They never stop invading. Old, young, man, woman, big, small. Humans of all shapes and sizes. But no matter what, once they come in, they will never...
88.9K 1.1K 25
The entities in the hotel find themselves living out their daily lives, killing invading humans and taking breaks with their friends whenever they ca...