serendipity. | Sinbad

Da auspicious_lilana

𝘀𝗲𝗿·𝗲𝗻·𝗱𝗶𝗽·𝗶·𝘁𝘆 |ˌ𝘴𝘦𝘳ə𝘯ˈ𝘥𝘪𝘱ə𝘥ē | / 𝘯. / Finding something without looking for it. In wh... Altro

00 | A Trade Deal gone right. . . Kinda?
02 | Arriving at Sasan
03 | Encountering a Sasan Knight- the Knight King's Son?!

01 | Welcome to Sindria Trading Company!

129 6 3
Da auspicious_lilana

LILLIAN

"Lili!" Kikiriku exclaimed as the former princess admired the large baby who seemed to be attached to her.

"Cute. . ." The little boy almost reminded her of her sister when she was a baby. A bright and loving child. Lillian let Kikiriku climb into her lap as she stopped studying to let him get comfortable. "I can't play right now, but after I'm all yours," Lillian promised.

"Lili! Lili!"

"He seems to love you a lot despite it being a day," Lillian turned her head to look up, finding Sinbad giving her a teasing look as he sat down next to her. "Before he'd only attach himself to Ja'far, and now he seems to have already given you a nickname."

"It's only because he's too young to say my full name."

"Can I call you Lili too?"

"You may, I don't see any reason you can't." Lillian hummed, turning her attention back to the work Rurumu had left her with.

"Your concentrated face is cute," Sinbad said.

"Really?" Liliana scrunched her face, "I don't think so."

"You're cute in general. A cute princess like you probably had suitors lining up." Sinbad moved closer discreetly, Kikiriku watching him curiously while gripping onto Lillian who started to rub his back, coaxing him further into her as he slowly got sleepier.

"You're the only one who believes so, princess or not. I'm a product of a prostitute, nothing but a shameful reminder of my father's sins."

"You're a lot more than that," Sinbad leaned closer, flashing a charming grin. "I think you're an incredible, talented, strong, beautiful lady. Any man who can't see that is blind and idiotic."

"Thank you," Lillian gave him a sincere smile, "You're too kind. I'm grateful to have befriended you, Sinbad." Sinbad froze in his place, before stepping back.

"Nothing phases you huh. . . "

"Hmm?"

"Nothing." Sinbad sighed, before noticing the little baby asleep, "You must have some magic touch, getting him to sleep takes a lot longer usually."

"My sister loved getting her back rubbed to fall asleep, I'm assuming that's something everyone enjoys,"

"Would you rub my back to sleep?"

"If you have that much of a problem sleeping, I wouldn't mind." Lillian flashed a smile.

SINBAD

The way she had nonchalantly accepted his offer had taken him aback, and dare he say, flustered him slightly. This was not something he was used to. For the past day and a half, he's been nothing but trying to get some reaction out of her. But every gesture was taken as a friendly act and his flirty comments led her to take it as mere kindness. To say his pride was bruised was an understatement. Had he lost his touch with women?

"Lillian," Rurumu called out, walking over to the two. "Are you finished?"

"Yes," Lillian grinned handing the scroll over to Rurumu to inspect, she glanced over it before breaking into a grin, "You're improving very quickly, you did a great job," Lillian didn't seem to notice the fact she unconsciously leaned forward, anticipating Rurumu's head pats who gladly obliged. She looked cute. Sinbad knew she loved any affection she could get, especially from a mother figure like Rurumu.

"Does this mean I get to join them when they go to Sasan?"

"You were going to come along regardless of your lessons," Sinbad grinned, "You deserve to see the world after all."

"Really?" Lillian gleamed, holding in her excitement.

"You excelled at etiquette," Rurumu hummed, thinking back to the lessons. "But can I ask, have you ever interacted with others outside of the palace?"

"Oh, no." Lillian shook her head, "I was taken into the palace when I was too young to remember with my baby sister."

"I see," Rurumu took her words in, before smiling. "You can consider everyone here a friend, Lillian." She seemed to finally notice her baby asleep in her arms. "I see Kirikiku made himself comfortable," She carefully took the sleeping baby from Lillian, "Your legs must have fallen asleep by now. Why not try taking a break? You can help me start on dinner once I get him tucked in."

"Okay," Lillian nodded as Rurumu walked off to her room.

"I'll help with your chores," Sinbad suggested, making Lillian give him a blank expression.

"Sinbad. . . have you finished your own?"

". . . I'm sure Ja'far will be fine!"

"SINBAD!" Ja'far's yells were heard from downstairs.

"Why don't I help you with your chores before we get to mine?" Lillian sweatdropped.

"Do we have to?"

"Yes. Let's go." Lillian dragged the complaining boy, headed to finally get him to finish his work.

________

They arrived at Reim and Lillian was the first to make her way out of the ship, Sinbad following after the excited girl, enjoying her reactions to a place different than what she was accustomed to.

"Sinbad, Look." Lillian tugged at his sleeve, her eyes glued to the juggling performer. "I never knew people would put on performances out here in the open."

"Reim has a lot of street performers," Sinbad explained, "I started off putting on a show in a nearby alley too,"

"What sort of show?" Sinbad enjoyed how much she was looking up at him as if he was the most fascinating thing she's ever seen. And from the looks of her upbringing, he probably was.

"I did a retelling of my adventures using my djinn's powers."

"Djinn? What's a djinn?"

"It's– "

"It's the power he conquered from one of the dungeons," Ja'far cut in, finishing the explanation, ticking off Sinbad.

"I was just getting to that!"

"Dungeon? Do you mean those tall buildings that Rayu told me about? He said a lot of people went in but never came out."

"It's a dangerous place, I wouldn't want you to go there without me," Sinbad warned. As much as he believed in her capability as a fighter, she was still recovering her health and didn't want to risk it.

"I do not plan to," Lillian reassured, "I don't have any reason to seek anything,"

"You can go sightseeing some other time," Ja'far pointed out, "We have to get these back to the company,"

"That's right," Sinbad grinned, "We have to throw a party for Lillian's arrival!"

"Party?"

"It's customs,"

"Or an excuse for him to get drunk," Hinahoho added after helping load the wagon with the goods from Treant.

"Becoming an alcoholic at a young age. . . " Lillian looked at him concerned, "I don't think that is good for you,"

"I'm not an alcoholic!"

LILLIAN

Everyone was inviting as Sinbad introduced Lillian to the people who worked for him. Lillian had tried to help Vittal with the sudden expenses shoved on him, but Rurumu had suggested she'd enjoy the party and took over instead. Ja'far had reassured her that it was nothing new to them seeing how Sinbad always seemed to keep their workload full with his troublesome ways.

"Lillian right?" One of the employees had come up to her just as she was headed to get more cake. "Or should I address you as your highness?"

"Just Lillian, no need for any unnecessary formalities," Lillian said, taking a large bite of the cake, face full of bliss.

"Usually they bring over the ambassador of the country as a representative."

"Sinbad had decided to take me, and I accepted."

"I can see why, you're very gorgeous."

"I've been hearing that a lot lately." Lillian frowned, taking another bite. "Everyone is kind despite barely knowing me. I appreciate your hospitality."

SINBAD

"Staring at them won't change anything," Ja'far deadpanned, watching his supposed future king chug his glass of wine, irritatedly watching Lillian converse with one of his workers, he could sniff out that the hitting on her. He had to admit, that Lillian was one of the most attractive women he'd ever encountered. She was also the densest woman he's ever met. He couldn't blame her either. She was sheltered from the world and never had the chance to meet others close to her age before he came along.

It'd be adorable if she wasn't so frustrating. Her looks charmed too many people. He could see how many took double glances, some of them even being women, and he didn't like the idea of someone cracking out a reaction from her before he did. What if they realize how dense she is and come onto her too strong in desperation for her to notice?

"I'm not staring," Sinbad grumbled, "I'm just making sure she's safe."

"From people who work directly under you in a company you own?"

"Men are beasts."

"Rich coming from you."

"I'm different!"

"You jump at every woman that crosses your path, you're not the slightest bit different from any other perverted man."

"I know my limits." Sinbad huffed, before noticing the guy getting too close to her as she laughed at whatever he said, making him start quickly walking over before he knew it.

"And she let you just walk away from that?" Lillian laughed.

"Oh no, she still lectured my ears off about it afterward," The guy chuckled.

"How are you enjoying the celebration?" Sinbad cut in with a smile directed at Lillian as the man took a step back from Sinbad coming in between them suddenly. love the deserts." Lillian gushed, "It's the best thing I ever had,"

"Being a princess you'd think you had much more luxurious deserts than these," The guy pointed out, dimming Lillian's excitement by the comment.

"Royalty had strict diets," Sinbad lied, "She probably wasn't allowed to eat anything that'd affect her appearance, not that she needs to be conscious, you're naturally beautiful, I'd prefer you to enjoy everything delicious in the world." Sinbad held her hand, kissing it. He was sure this had to hit her heart, even slightly. He looked at her, eager to see her give him a cute flustered expression.

"I wonder what kinds of different deserts are there in Sasan?" Lillian wondered, dismissing Sinbad's advances completely, leaving him stoned in his place. Another failed attempt. "When do we head out for Sasan?"

"First thing in the morning," Sinbad answered, giving up for now as he let go of her hand. "So we can be there before nightfall and have time to explore."

"She's joining you?" The guy asked, interrupting the two for what felt like the millionth time. "Wouldn't it be safer for her to remain here?"

"Safer?" Lillian hummed, "I don't know a lot about how other places in the world combat, but I like to think I'm capable of protecting more than just myself."

"Really? Are you a magician?"

"No, Swordswoman."

"Sword's. . .woman?"

"Yes."

"Your country makes women fight?"

"Not necessarily . . . the commander taught me how to use a sword ever since I stumbled upon him practicing when I was young."

"Don't you have knights?"

"We do, I just. . didn't prefer it. . . " Sinbad could tell she was lying, she was ashamed of how she wasn't what people typically classified as a princess. A princess deprived of any status or respect. She had to learn how to fight herself because nobody was willing to protect her from harm.

"Why would you wish to learn swordsmanship?"

"It was fascinating." Lillian reasoned, placing a hand on the hilt of her sheathed sword that was on the black scabbard tied around her hip. A parting gift from the commander. "I remember when I first saw the commander practicing, it was graceful. I understand not many can say this about something as violent as swords. But in a way, twirling and swishing. It was a dance of its own." Sinbad admired her passion. The way her green eyes shined when she spoke about swords, that's what drew him closer to him. She was the brightest Beauty he'd ever had the pleasure of seeing, he didn't want to let others dim this light that he had revived.

"I heard Sasan is a country that is ruled by knights instead of nobility, maybe you could learn how they do swordsmanship," Sinbad suggested, Lillian, glowing at the idea.

"Really?" Lillian had a radiant smile at the thought of seeing a foreign technique. "That'd be amazing! Ah! Wouldn't it be best if I start to prepare for tomorrow's departure?" Lillian started worrying, "I did not have a lot of luggage when I joined you, do you think we can head out to the market any time soon?"

"We can go now!" Sinbad tugged at her arm as she placed the plate on the table.

"Now? Really? But the party– "

"You've stayed long enough to enjoy it, everyone is either busy or too drunk to realize if you're gone by this point," Sinbad assured, purposely pulling her away from the guy who was left awkwardly behind.

". . . If that's what you think, alright."

I know I know. These two chapters had been centered around her relationship with Sinbad, in the future chapters I do plan to showcase her dynamics with the rest of the crew. Hope you're enjoying your read! Do make sure to stay hydrated or go to bed if you're reading this at a late hour <3

Lillian's  sword: 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

157K 3.3K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
343K 12.1K 54
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
386K 23.4K 82
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
983K 24.7K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...