Vulnerable / Klaus Mikaelson...

By lolanuova06

The Devil in Disguise falls for the woman who makes him vulnerable. (Extended Summary inside) The Originals (... More

Act One
Chapter 1: The Savior
Chapter 2: Not The Only Devil
Chapter 3: Detective Madden
Chapter 4: The Festival
Chapter 5: Super-nanny
Chapter 7: Bloodlust
Chapter 8: Witch Hunt
Chapter 9: The Harvest
Chapter 10: Grief Interrupted
Chapter 11: The Hex
Chapter 12: Daddy Issues
Chapter 13: Dogs Vs Bats
Chapter 14: Weird Christmas Party
Chapter 15: Altering The Mind
Chapter 16: Fatherhood
Chapter 17: Worth Saving
Chapter 18: Hope
Act Two
Chapter 19: Sign of Weakness
Chapter 20: A Queen
Chapter 21: Mother Dearest
Chapter 22: The Untold Beginning
Chapter 23: The Hunt
Chapter 24: Weakling
Chapter 25: Hey Brother
Chapter 26: New Threat
Chapter 27: The Original Babysitter
Chapter 28: Not-So-Safe House
Chapter 29: After Everything
Chapter 30: Rogue Witch
Chapter 31: The Grinch
Chapter 32: Spell Caster
Chapter 33: Betrayal
Chapter 34: The Scarlet Witch
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 6: Gone Girl

2.9K 81 5
By lolanuova06

Scarlett, Klaus and Elijah entered the courtyard where Marcel was holding the event known as Fright Night. Scarlett tried to keep the attention off them but Klaus decided to go against what Scarlett wanted. Klaus zoomed behind one of the female vampires and snapped her neck. The whole room stopped cheering, letting it go silent.

"Good evening!" Klaus announced his presence. "I'd like a word."

"Way to make an entrance." Scarlett muttered.

Marcel's eyes wandered away from Klaus and onto his friend. "Scar, what are you doing with them?"

"My friend, Hayley, went missing." She revealed to him. "I knew you visited her before. Would you know anything about that?"

"Accusing me now, Scarlett?" Marcel placed his hand to his heart, acting hurt at her accusation. "That's cold."

"The girl. Now." Elijah demanded.

"I ain't got her." Marcel confessed. "And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Hayley, answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it. You don't believe me? Look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her. But the question that I'd ask is: if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?"

...

Scarlett, Elijah and Klaus sat at a round table in the courtyard while some of the vampire fighters are milling around the compound.

"Not the most attractive community, are they?" Elijah insulted, looking to Klaus.

Klaus smirked, looking to his brother. "You do realize they can hear you?"

"You do realize I don't care?" Elijah retorted.

"I like him." Scarlett pointed to Elijah, making Klaus smirk at her.

Marcel entered the courtyard where the rest were, followed by some vampires and the witch, Sabine. Scarlett stiffened at the sight of the witch.

She remembered Sabine being friends with her mother. Sabine was the one who told Scarlett's mother about her daughter and her powers. She was one of the others that convinced Scarlett to become a part of the Harvest.

"You know, Elijah, I liked you better in that box." Marcel made his presence known. "Klaus, my sire, you I owe the world, and I always show respect to my elders. Scarlett, my best friend in the whole world. If your special lady friend is missing, you could benefit from the help of a witch."

Scarlett didn't want the woman's help, she preferred to be alone. "Marcel, I got this-"

"Scar, it wouldn't hurt to have a little help, wouldn't it?" Marcel taunted her.

Marcel turned on his heel to walk away but was stopped by Klaus. "Where are you going?"

"I hate to cut this short, but the sun's coming up soon." Marcel began. "My nightwalkers need to get inside, and I have got a city to run. I leave you to track down your lost sheep. "

Once Marcel was gone, Klaus looked to the other hybrid that sat beside him. He noticed how she was zoning out and fidgetting with her fingers. "You alright, love?"

Scarlett snapped out of the trance she was in, looking to Klaus. "Yeah, I'm fine." She gripped onto the arms of her chair, getting up. "Let's just get this over with."

Scarlett moved to stand beside Sabine. The two women glared at one another before holding the other's hands. Scarlett thought to herself quickly, secretly casting a spell in her head. The spell in question burned Sabine on the hand making her wince.

"Oh, sorry." Scarlett forced a fake smile.

Klaus noticed this and smirked before looking to his brother. They both stared at one another, both of them realizing how great it was to have Scarlett on their side.

...

Sabine and Scarlett hovered their hands over a map where a trail of Klaus' blood ran across. They figured that if Hayley was carrying Klaus' kid then they could track the baby. The blood trail led to the back country where the Bayou was.

"She's in the back country. Way up past Houma, deep in the Bayou." Sabine revealed.

"I don't suppose you could be more precise?"

"What's the matter, Elijah? You're worried a bit of splashing about in the bog might ruin your expensive shoes?" Klaus taunted Elijah.

"As a matter of fact, after my recent confinement, I could use a decent stroll through the countryside." Elijah argued.

"If she's in the bayou, she could be looking for the others out there. Or someone took her, trying to keep her away from the public eye." Scarlett guessed. She realized that she's seen way too many crime shows. "I'm guessing the second option."

...

Scarlett, Klaus and Elijah continued their search for Hayley near the werewolf encampments. They walked down a hill with Elijah leading the trio, trying to find Hayley. "We should head south towards the water."

Klaus observed his brother's behavior. "You seem quite determined to find the little wolf."

"If I'm moving too fast for you, Niklaus, you're welcome to wait in the car." Elijah suggested. "Do be certain to leave the windows down."

"Ah, so I've touched a nerve?" Klaus took the vampire's response to heart. "You've begun to admire this girl. Perhaps that's why you've been barking orders since your return, hoping to impress Hayley by assuming the role of family patriarch."

"If you're going to insist on treating her like a walking incubator, then that's your mistake." Elijah replied, slightly irritated by Klaus' childish behavior. Klaus quickly sniffed the air, realizing that the scent he caught was familiar. "Have you found her scent?"

"No, but I found someone else's." The hybrid admitted. The two others followed Klaus throughout the bayou until they reached a vacant car. Klaus broke into the car, searching through to find different things in the front seat. "This vehicle reeks of someone I thought I was rid of... Tyler Lockwood."

Klaus slammed the car door, beginning to walk away when Elijah finally questioned Klaus. "And why would your little hybrid-sidekick from Mystic Falls have any interest in Hayley?"

"He wants revenge because I went after his girl." Klaus guessed.

"That's wonderful, Klaus." Scarlett commented sarcastically. "Let me guess, you killed his mother too?"

Klaus looked to her with a smirk plastered on his face, giving her the answer she needed. "Why do I even try with you anymore?"

"He needed to be taught a lesson!" Klaus defended, not helping his case.

"And what lesson will you be taught, Niklaus, if he retaliates by harming Hayley?" Elijah questioned.

"So you do care about her." Klaus teased his brother about his feelings for the werewolf. "Well, go on, then. Have at it, brother. Save her. Claim what spoils you can. I've sampled what she has to offer and let me tell you, she is exquisite-"

"Niklaus, so help me-"

Scarlett formed a red orb in her hand, launching it at the ground in between them. They both jumped from the impact before looking to Scarlett who looked visibly annoyed. "Both of you shut up before I rip out your large intestines and use them as nunchucks."

Scarlett walked away from the both of them as she muttered, "men."

They both watched her before she used her vampire speed to run away, trying to find Hayley.

"You really have a type, don't you?" The oldest brother questioned Klaus.

"Hush now." Klaus sighed, running after Scarlett.

...

Scarlett and Klaus stayed together in the woods, trying to look for Hayley. Scarlett assured him that she was fine to be by herself but he wanted to stay with her. They walked throughout the woods until they heard the familiar voice of Tyler Lockwood. "Hayley! Don't make this harder than it has to be! Give up now... I'll end it quick."

Scarlett rushed over to Tyler with her vampire speed, forming a red orb in her hands. Tyler turned towards the noise of crunching leaves to see the hybrid. "Who the hell are you?"

"Scarlett." She introduced herself. "I would say nice to meet you but by what I've heard about you... I don't like you."

Scarlett launched the orb into his chest, sending him flying back. He was about to hit the ground on his back when he landed feet first. His eyes glowed a bright yellow, showing his werewolf side.

"Hello, Tyler." Klaus announced his presence to the other hybrid. "You look well! I aim to change that." Klaus started to approach the young boy, making Tyler jump away. "Threatening a pregnant girl in order to exact revenge against me? I never expected you to sink so low! I admit, I'm impressed!"

Tyler ducked away from Klaus, putting more distance between them. "Used to hang out with you. I guess something must have rubbed off."

"What would Caroline say if she saw what you've become?" Klaus brought up the girl. "Perhaps I'll ask her when I call her to tell her of your demise."

Klaus rushed towards Tyler, tossing him into the nearby tree. "Come on, mate! Give it a bit more effort! I want to enjoy myself."

Tyler glared at Klaus bracing himself to fight until he ran away, using his vampire speed. Klaus smiled to himself before looking to Scarlett. "I love it when they give a good chase."

"I call tearing his head off!" Scarlett exclaimed.

She used her vampire speed to chase after Tyler, not giving Klaus the chance to protest. Klaus chuckled to himself before following Scarlett through the woods.

Scarlett paused in one spot, keeping an eye out for Tyler when Klaus joined her. She jumped quickly when she heard Klaus arrive. She held up her hands, ready to fight Tyler when she saw it was Klaus.

"So, how many more enemies or old friends should I know about?" Scarlett asked Klaus genuinely as they kept searching for Tyler.

"Too many to count, love." Klaus answered. "Why are you here anyways? You know me and Elijah could handle looking for Hayley, why'd you tag along?"

"I care for Hayley. Plus, I knew you guys' egos would get in the way." Scarlett reasoned. "Why? Do you think I was here for something else?"

"Maybe I did." Klaus smirked. "You know you fancy me."

"I don't fancy you." Scarlett quickly denied.

"Keep telling yourself that." Klaus teased her, making her glare at him.

Ending their short conversation, Tyler ran up behind Klaus and stabbed him through the chest with a stake. Klaus shouted in pain, making Scarlett look back at him. Klaus backhanded Tyler away from him before Scarlett rushed over to his side. Scarlett ran behind Klaus, placing one of her hands on his shoulder as she pulled out the stake.

Klaus groaned as the stake came out. Scarlett felt bad for the pain so she was relieved when the stake was out. She threw it across the woods, helping Klaus back off the ground.

"Let's end this, shall we?"

They all got ready to fight one another. Tyler had a feeling that he wouldn't win the fight. Going against Klaus and a witch wasn't something he could come back from easily.

Klaus and Tyler lunged at one another, starting the fight, their hybrid eyes and fangs emerged. Tyler tackled Klaus to the ground before they both rolled down a small hill and land in front of Dwayne's shack. Scarlett ran down the hill, trying to help out Klaus when Tyler punched Klaus in the face.

Before Tyler could continue, Klaus gripped Tyler by the throat, putting him in a choke-hold. "How dare you!"

"I'm just getting started." Tyler staked him in the side.

Klaus groaned in pain before looking to Tyler with a devilish smile. "You've grown bloodthirsty. Perhaps it's best your mother didn't live to see you like this."

Klaus laughed maniacally at him. Before Tyler could get a hit at Klaus, Scarlett used her magic, snapping Tyler's neck. When Tyler fell unconscious, Klaus tore the boy's body off of him before standing up. Scarlett panted for breath, staring at Tyler for a moment before looking to Klaus. "You okay?"

"Yeah." He replied lowly before tearing the stake out of his side. He dropped the stake to the ground, panting for breath. "Let's go home, shall we?"

Scarlett nodded quickly, placing her hands on her hips, leading the way back to the car.

Author's Note: I'm skipping the part where Klaus bites Elijah and I'm gonna pretend like it didn't happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76K 1.8K 38
In which Stefan has been heart broken way too many times by Elena and starts noticing her neighbor "Are you new I haven't seen you around" "no you j...
642K 15.4K 53
Prologue The notorious Klaus Mikaelson is known for being a merciless and psychotic killer. But many don't know that he once found love with a woman...
6.8K 184 4
Stella Cooper is the oldest child of Mary and George Cooper. She is a child prodigy one the youngest surgeon in existence at 14 she graduated high sc...
188K 8K 126
In which Stefan falls for the green-eyed beauty instead of the doppelgänger... Stefan originally went back to Mystic Falls for Elena Gilbert, Kathrin...