Dead and Alive (Male Reader x...

DEMGSC1920 által

Ever since Blake left the White Fang, Y/N has always been skeptical and worried about the White Fang itself... Több

Bio
Prologue
(Vol 1) Chapter 1: Beacon Academy
(Vol 1) Chapter 2: Initiation Pt 1
(Vol 1) Chapter 3: Initiation Pt 2
(Vol 1) Chapter 4: The talk
(Vol 1) Chapter 5: Racism
(Vol 1) Chapter 6: Forever Fall
(Vol 1) Chapter 7: Schnee vs Taurus
Team CATE Bio
Dreams and Nightmares Trailer
(D&N) Chapter 9: Entering the Dream
(D&N) Chapter 10: The fight
(D&N) Chapter 11: 2nd Round
(D&N) Chapter 12: Train Fight
(D&N) Chapter 13: Leave me alone!
(D&N) Chapter 14: The Brother
(D&N) Chapter 15: The Final Round
(D&N) Chapter 16: One Last Stand
(D&N Finale) Chapter 17: Team CATE
(Vol 2) Chapter 18: Food Fight
(Vol 2) Chapter 19: The Secret

(Vol 1 Finale) Chapter 8: The White Fang

1.5K 35 3
DEMGSC1920 által

Y/N was shown seated in a table with a cup of tea in front of him, seeing his own reflection, but showing no movement. Blake sat in front of him with his own cup, but she had a worried face seeing how Y/N had no reaction.

Blake: Can we please talk?

Y/N said nothing still looking at the tea, as scene shows his hand having hand wraps on, hiding the scar.

Blake: Y/N, please... let's talk... tell me what's truly wrong.

Y/N again no reaction... until he closes his eyes and clenched his fists.

Y/N: Was my path of vengeance wrong?

Blake: Huh?

Y/N: This path that I chose... choosing violence and my own vengeance for Faunus equality, was it wrong? Did I fool myself.

Blake: You didn't fool anyone. You didn't choose your path... you were pushed to choose it. I'm not even sure if it was Adam who did it...

Y/N: Adam only wanted me to live... to be happy, how can I? I have to live with the guilt and regret and with my weak self.

Blake: No one is truly weak, Y/N. No one is.

Y/N: Then why did Adam sacrificed his eye for me? Why did he let himself get scarred?

Blake: He loves you, Y/N. He's your brother, he will always be there to protect you.

Y/N kept looking down.

Y/N: Blake... I'm sorry... for calling you a coward.

Blake: It... it is the truth. Though it did hurt when you said it, it is the truth. I abandoned our cause because of how far down the White Fang have fell, I abandoned both my parents, Ilia... I wish I could've at least say goodbye to them but... how could I? I also called my parents cowards... to my dad.

Y/N kept his sighs down, but slowly moved it up.

Y/N: You didn't see the White Fang's true colors till then... can you be blamed?

Blake drank a bit from his tea.

Blake: Y/N... be honest... are you suicidal?

Y/N looks at Blake but later looks at his hand open... looking back at Blake.

Y/N: I don't know. With everything that I do ending in failure, is there a reason to keep trying?

Blake: Yeah... either you try, or you do nothing.

Y/N sighs starting to massage his hands, especially his scars.

???: Hey, I found you.

Y/N sees Sun jump from a roof, actually not shocking either Faunus.

Y/N: Sun?

Sun: Good I finally found you. Athena was worried sick about you. She found a knife in the corner of Beacon with your initials and blood. She thought you killed yourself.

Y/N looks down as Blake signaled him to stop.

Sun: Unless... you actually tried.

Y/N: Close enough. Can you... please not tell Athena where I am?

Sun: I mean, she almost killed the Schnee in rage after seeing the blade.

Y/N: Good... is better she doesn't kill her.

Blake: Didn't you want to kill her?

Y/N: I want. I don't want anyone, ending up like me... being me.

Blake had a sympathetic look with Y/N kept looking down.

Sun: This turned dark, quickly.

Y/N: It's worse than that. Please... don't tell her.

Sun looks at Y/N and raises his hands.

Sun: All right, not a word.

He sits with legs on the table.

Y/N: I think he should know.

Sun: Know what?

Blake: Are you sure?

Y/N: I trust him.

Blake looks at Y/N who nods at him making her sigh.

Blake: Sun... Are you familiar with the White Fang?

Sun: Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks, if you ask me!

Blake: I... we were once members of the White Fang.

Sun's eyes widen after hearing that.

Sun: Wait a minute, you two were members of the White Fang?!

Blake: That's right. I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it... at least... me. Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and the Faunus. Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. I actually thought we were making a difference. But I was just a youthful optimist. Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was, it was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear. So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence, and instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress. So here I am: a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little black bow.

She moves her bow a little as Y/N sighs again. Sun looks at Y/N who was awfully quiet now.

Sun: What about you?

Y/N: The Schnee Dust Company Mine's. I was born there.

Sun: Wait, you literally were born there?

Y/N: Yeah, I was in there, I remember mom saying I was born cold, with hypothermic temperature, that was the first time I should've died, but somehow my body got used to the temperature. I remember that I was forced to work at the age of 5, I didn't even know I was doing work. My brother, Adam tried to always make me work less, that it wasn't healthy for me, and it wasn't. Until some Faunus decide to talk back, some of them were killed, others scarred. My parents died in that time, my brother lost his left eye and I am both physically and mentally scarred forever. *shows his hands* Under these are proof of what I went through.

Sun: Can't imagine how you felt back there, and now.

Y/N: Mhm. After that, a year later, I was 7 back then, the mines became unstable, cause of it... me. My plan was to blow the mines with no one inside, but things went south after that. Someone activated the explosions I created, I don't know if it was either me or... just the mines themselves. The workers died there... well... most of them.

Sun: You survived.

Y/N: Not really. Adam did but... I did die for a few minutes. I was at peace but... I was brought back. Adam was in front of me, we were in a stranded somewhere unknown. It was the last time Adam cried. He carried me to find a refuge, until we were taken by the White Fang. We were afraid... but there is where we were introduced to Menagerie... home. The White Fang became our family and home. But when I arrived and was healed, I wanted vengeance and blood, I remember hearing a bunch of times people talking bad on Jacques Schnee and the his younger daughter, the news of the mines arrived, and he was angry that the mine blew... he was angry that he lost some profit and not his workers, my anger got worse and... it lead me till this point. I took a vengeful route, killing humans who talked ill of us, I took guilty lives, can't say that the White Fang was scared of me.

Sun: How many have you taken?

Y/N: 95 confirmed kills. Can't say that I slept better, but the more I killed, the more I realized the White Fang wasn't truly moving forward. I left to become better and find a path that would achieve equality.

Sun: Do you regret killing them?

Y/N: No.

Scene changes to Athena in her bed looking at her scroll desperately, Sun hasn't answered her and the chances that Y/N is dead is higher. Cachari looked at the desperate girl as she puts her forehead in her scroll.

Cachari: Athena, please take it easy.

Athena: Take it easy?! Our teammate is probably dead! Suicide because a rich whore acted innocent. And why do you care?! All you've ever done is make his life harder! Judging him to make your choices! What if you're part of the reason he died?! It means his blood is also in YOUR HANDS!!!

Athena walks away and angrily closes the door as Cachari looks down seated as Erwin looked at him.

Erwin: Are you... going to be okay?

Cachari: No... I think I'll never be.

Cachari stands up and walks towards the door.

Erwin: Where are you going?

Cachari: To Ozpin... I'm gonna renounce my spot as leader.

Cachari walks away as Erwin is now left alone in the dorm, looking down and sighing.

Erwin: Back to reality.

He keeps working in his weapon... alone. Scene moves to the three walking in the streets alone.

Sun: So, what's the plan now?

Blake: I still don't believe the White Fang is behind these robberies. They've never needed that much Dust before.

Sun: What if they did? *slowly walks in front of both* I mean... the only way to prove that they didn't do it, is to go to the place where they would most likely go to if they were to do it, and not find them there! Right?

Y/N: Your logic is both idiotic... but I get your point.

Blake: The only thing is, I've no idea where that would be.

Sun: Well, while I was on the ship, I heard some guys talking about offloading a huge shipment of Dust coming in from Atlas.

Blake: How huge?

Sun: Huge. Big Schnee Company freighter.

Y/N: Schnee?

Blake: You're sure?

Sun: Yeah... I hope.

Y/N and Blake look at each other later looking at Sun. Scene moves to Blake and Y/N in a rooftop looking at some shipment arriving. Blake saw his hands clenched as she looks at him now.

Blake: Are you okay?

Y/N: No. I never wanted to fight them, and I still don't. They're our people.

Blake: I know, but we might have if it's them.

Y/N looks down, he definitely wasn't ready. Until Sun appeared with some apples.

Sun : Did I miss anything?

Blake : Not really. They've offloaded the crates from the boat. Now they're just sitting there.

Sun : Cool. *gives an apple to Y/N and shows one to Blake* I stole you both some food.

Blake : Do you always break the law without giving a second thought?

Sun : Hey, weren't you in a cult or something? *Blake glares at him very angrily* Okay, too soon!

After that, wind blows behind them as they see a Bullhead over them with bright lights, as they see the Bullhead land in a safe spot between the cargo, as they see a White Fang member walk from the Bullhead.

Blake: Oh no...

Sun: Is that them?

Y/N: It is.

WF #1: All right, grab the tow cables!

Sun: You really didn't think they were behind it, did you?

Blake: No. I think deep down I knew. I just didn't want to be right.

???: Hey! What's the holdup!?

Blake and Y/N look in pure shock, seeing a human working with the White Fang... orange hair and a hat... Roman Torchwick.

Y/N: That can't be.

Roman: We're not exactly the most inconspicuous bunch of thieves at the moment, so why don't you animals try to pick up the pace?

Blake: This isn't right. The White Fang would never work with a Human. Especially not one like that.

Y/N puts some gloves on and grabs his guns jumping down with Blake following him.

Sun: Hey, what are you two doing?!

Y/N and Blake hide behind a container seeing Roman and a another from the White Fang.

Roman: No, you idiot! This isn't a leash!

Y/N dashed and puts him in a headlock, and a gun in his head.

Roman: What the- Oh, for f-

Y/N: Everyone, stand down.

The White Fang looked in shock as Y/N puts a finger in the trigger.

Roman: Whoa! Take it easy there, young man.

Y/N smashes the gun in his head making him groan.

Y/N: Shut up. My brothers and sisters! How can you aid a human in our quest for equal right?! Especially a man like him!

Roman: Oh, kid, didn't you get the memo?

Y/N: Shut up! Do you all betray our cause?! Our reason for working with a human like him?!

The White Fang look at themselves as Roman now spoke.

Roman: You would aid this Faunus? He betrayed you all for a Huntsman Academy, he betrayed your cause first, he is a traitor to your own kind!

Y/N smashes the gun in his backhead and points the gun at his head again.

Y/N: You should all stay down! Drop your weapons or will all die like humans!

The White Fang looked at each other, as Roman had a desperate face.

Roman: He betrayed you all! For his own belief! He left you all for dead!

The White Fang stayed looking at each other, until Roman had his cane looking down, shooting it and pushes Y/N back. Blake hid behind a container, as more Bullheads arrived to the scene, as Y/N slowly gets up, but Roman shot at him again as he moves out of the way. He later jumps back and dodges a few shots from him.

Roman: Don't stand there, kill him!

The White Fang started to shoot at him as he ran in a zig zag, dodging them as he later rolls behind a container and had both guns in his hands.

Y/N: Fine! Then die like traitors!

He peeked starting to shoot at White Fang, he was much more accurate than them, hitting bullets in shoulders and knees. Roman gets back, but earns a banana in his hat and throws it off, just to look up seeing Sun jump down.

Sun: Woohoo!

He lands on top of him and later rolls to the ground looking back at Roman.

Sun: Leave him alone!

Another Bullhead opens showing more of the White Fang some standing by Roman and others behind Sun.

Roman: Roman: You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are you, kid?

He earns a shot to the shoulder cracking his aura and later blocks another shoot and moves back, seeing Y/N guns at him. Roman walked back as Y/N got back to back with him.

Sun: Have an idea?

Y/N: Just put them down!

Sun punches someone in the face, quickly dodges a slash from a sword and with one kick, takes down two members and with one back kick, takes another one and later roll in the floor just to dodge another just to grab his weapon and uses it as a staff, as he hits another member, later the one who tried to slash him, hits one 2 or 3 times and later unleashes his aura in the floor to take the others two from around him.

Y/N blocked a sword with his guns and kicks him back later shooting at another and back kicks another, more came as Sun joined hitting one with his staff and Y/N back to back knees one and later punches another guns reverse and puts them back normally as he grabs one and throws it to Sun who smashes its body with his staff and slips one and does the same. He smacks another a few times with his staff in the face and sends him back as Y/N hits him with a flying knee and lands in another in front of Sun, smashing both guns in the face. One comes at him but again puts his gun backwards and uppercuts him and kicks him towards Roman who dodges it. Roman shoots at Y/N with Sun getting in front and blocks it.

Blake: He's mine!

Blake dashes at him clashing weapons with Roman a few times later using her Semblance she goes behind swinging but he blocks again forward and back and forward again still clashing but later backflips but Roman catches and clashes again but this time hitting her back but she just backflips again and keeps clashing until he hits her in her rib and later two times sending her a bit back. Sun later kicks him and had his bo staff as two nunchucks and starts to shoot at Roman from them making him blocked the bullets with extreme difficulty until Y/N back kicks him extremely far. Roman lands in his back groaning until he looks at a crate and shoots at it. The three look up and they move, dodging it, but they were left separated. Roman walks towards Sun with cane up towards him.

???: Hey!

Everyone heard that seeing Ruby appear in a roof with her scythe in hand.

Roman: Well, hello, Red! Isn't it past your bedtime?

Behind Ruby was Penny as she slowly walks forward very... how I say this.

Penny: Ruby, are these people your friends?

Ruby: Penny, get back.

Roman quickly shoots at Ruby, hitting her back.

Ruby: AAAAAH!!!

Roman throws a very evil laugh, earning a punch from Y/N. He rolls in the ground but Y/N punches him a bunch of time as Roman swings his cane, but Y/N shooting it, sends it away from his hands.

Roman: Dammit!

Y/N punches him in the face a few times later kicking his leg off balance and later knees his face. His aura breaks as he spits blood, but even with that, Y/N doesn't stop. He punches Roman straight in the face, the last breaking his lip, he coughs but Y/B grabs him by his white coat.

Roman: Dude... the coat is new-

He hits Roman with his forehead, then again, and again and again, breaking his nose, and the blood hitting his white coat. He drops Roman in his back as he puts a gun in his forehead.

Y/N: Tell me... how does it feel? To be inferior to those you call "animals."

Roman: Who said I did?

He breaks his nose even more with the down part of it, as he gets up and puts his gun going towards his brain.

Y/N: Checkmate, bastard.

He goes to pull the trigger... but his finger stops moving. He starts to struggle to pull it, he groans, as scene shows an xray showing his hand gloveless as his veins are turned black going through his shoulder and directly to his chest. He starts to struggle physically as Roman was left confused, as Blake kicks a White Fang member and sees Y/N frozen, she sees him groan and looks up as the veins reach his left cheek. He releases a loud scream as his aura slowly breaks and each second goes faster. He drops his gun and puts a hand in where his heart is.

???: You can kill her, right here... right now.

He heard that voice and looked to his left, seeing no one but... himself... smiling.

Y/N #2: Join me, let set things right, kill the Schnee's, punish those who have sinned against the Faunus... end your pain... live world at your image.

Y/N's breathing got heavier as his other self walks closer, smiling.

Y/N #2: Don't fight me... just... feel free...

Roman saw Y/N frozen as he saw his cane, Blake ran to stop him but he shot at him... and without aura... the flare doesn't explode... it goes through his stomach... and seconds later explodes.

Blake: NO!!!

Y/N lands in the water as Blake completely jumps to get him. She sees his body falling, but he was falling faster than what she could swim, until a rose passes by her and manages to grab Y/N and later pulls Blake from the water and it shows Ruby being the cause. Blake goes to check on him but with the gap in the stomach... it's going to be extremely hard.

Blake: Oh god.

Y/N had already his eyes closed, no reaction and whatever was happening to him was getting worse.

Blake : HELP US!!! SOMEBODY HELP US!!!

Roman was able to get in the Bullhead with a few others of the White Fang. Ruby already calling the ambulance with Blake trying to find a way to stop the bleeding. Sun and Penny arrive and sees the situation as Blake tearing up had a desperate face.

Blake: Please someone stop the bleeding... please!

Penny: I might be able to do it.

Blake: Then do it!

Penny shows a few swords from her back and moves in circles, shooting a small laser at his injury, trying to scar it. Y/N had no reaction but Blake could still feel a few heartbeats. Scene zooms out from the scene with Penny still scaring Y/N's injury as scene turns black.

Beep... Beep... Beep...

Blake was seated looking at Y/N connected at an IV, Athena walks in having an extremely worried face.

Athena: What did they say?

Blake: He could die at any moment... whatever is inside of him, it has been feeding on his Aura, but is also keeping him alive.

Athena nods looking down, as Blake puts a hand in her eyes.

Blake: I'm sorry, Athena.

Athena: Is not on you. Don't throw yourself under a bus, is Roman's fault. He did the action.

Blake: I brought him to my mission.

Athena: He has lived through worst situations, and he still walked away, he knew the risk, but maybe that's what makes him different to any of us... maybe that's the only true good in him... his will to help anyone in need... and you saw that.

Blake nods smiling but Athena could see it was a very forced one, as she walks and hugs Blake who completely drops it. From the door, Ozpin walked in seeing his condition.

Ozpin: It got to him.

Athena: Huh?

Ozpin: The Nightmare. The black veins, a Nightmare Grimm is inside of him.

Athena: How come we've never heard of it?

Ozpin: Cause no one else knows about it. You don't fight it face to face... you fight mentally. But there is a way to get it out.

Blake: How?

???: Me.

They see Shion walk inside as both girls are confused.

Ozpin: Girls, I want you to meet Shion Zaiden, she is the key to getting the Grimm out of him. The same way Grimm hunt humanity, she does the same to the Grimm.

Athena: Like some kind of Grimm Hunter?

Ozpin: Nightmare Hunter more exact.

From the side, Team RW*Y and Team C**E as well with Sun.

Shion: Your friend is in a dream, we have to get him out.

Blake: You can't. You take the Grimm away, he dies here, is the only thing keeping him alive.

Ozpin: Then we're at a disadvantage.

Shion: Agree. We get the Grimm out, he dies right now. We need someone compatible to fill the missing blood. Does he have someone left? A family?

Blake gulps and nods, everyone but Athena looking at her

Blake: There is one...

Scene shows Adam killing a Grimm and later walks away to the next.

Blake: Seems I need to call him... we need Adam Taurus.

Scene turns black... ending the chapter.

Final chapter of Vol 1 is here everyone. Hope you enjoyed cause I did. For everyone who sees this, you should watch Ice Queendom to have an idea about what is this. Also read this arc cause it will determine many of these characters future, not in death but mentally. Again hope you enjoyed it and later.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

190K 3.1K 24
After your parents were killed at a young age, you were raised by your brother Adam Taurus. Under his guiding, you became a skilled swordsman, and to...
366K 4.7K 44
A story about a boy that joined the white fang but was left for dead. Thought his friends would help him but didn't. Only feels certain emotions. Be...
10K 268 23
It was now time for the Vytal Festival to begin. You and your teammates were all eager to begin fighting in the tournament. But even though you were...
2.1K 98 5
Jaune Arc, weak, scraggly, and overall unimpressive these sorts of views weren't new not by any means all his life he'd heard this being one of the w...