The Wrong Address | COMPLETED

Από Axela_16

A boy mailing a Suicide Letter to his mom, accidentally sends it to her neighbors. Which causes the upbeat As... Περισσότερα

| Important |
01- The Letter Arrives
02. The Letter is Read
03. Journey To Strenderville
04. Stranger To The Rescue
05. A Stranger To Confide In
06. Goodbye For Now
07. The Raid
08. Texting, Calling
09. When Friends Fight
10. Raid Day
11. Headlines
12. Headlines pt2
13. The Price of Principle
14. The Barbeque Begins
15. Plot Twist
16. Thank You
17. Brother's Advice
18. Party & Penelope
19. 16 Missed Calls
20. A Huge Risk
21. A Surprise
22. A small world
23. A Fair Fight
24. The Game
25. The Results of the Game
26. Haunted
27. His Distance
28. The Big Brawl
29. For You I Will
30. Finally Over
32. Prom Night
33. The Right Thing
34. Good News, Bad News
35. Closure
♥ Epilogue ♥
♥ Author's Note ♥

31. Graduation

1.3K 83 22
Από Axela_16

Ashlin

"Keep still!" Aunt Merlene ordered, as she repositioned my head to her desired angle.

She was giving me box braids for graduation and she had been at it for hours. She had started at 7 in the morning and it was now 10am. Which is why I had been moving around in the chair because my legs were cramped.

"Why is it taking so long?" I asked her and she hissed at my question.

"I haven't done this in a while child, so stop asking questions, plus I'm almost done" was her vague answer.

To which I rolled my eyes, forgetting she could see me from the mirror.

Big mistake...

Instantly I felt a burning pain from my shoulder. She had given me a good pinch for my actions. Regret was evident in my face as I tried to suppress tears from the burning.

"Don't roll those eyes at me, you think you're grown now!" She spat at me in a serious tone.

I did feel grown but I couldn't tell her that.

"No Aunt Merlene" I grumbled and she blew out an angry sigh then went back to doing my hair.

I tried to focus on everything but the pain and decided scrolling through my Instagram would be best. I watched a few stories and replied to my friends' messages. Then I caught up on whatever Zendaya was up to for the past month.

A few photos deep into Shawn Mendes' account, my mother entered the room.

"Oh my baby, it's been forever since you got braids, it looks great!" She spoke excitedly as she observed me.

Aunt Merlene only had two left to do, so I was grateful the torture was near it's end.

"Thanks mom" I replied to her and she smiled at me and found a nearby seat.

She kept looking at me in awe, as if I was the most precious thing on earth. Which was nice but also a bit unnerving. I couldn't stand having people stare at me.

"Hasn't she grown so fast Merlene?" My mom asked her eyes welling up with tears.

Aunt Merlene agreed with a head nod, that I was able to see thanks to the mirror. There was only one left for her to do now. I internally rejoiced at that, finally it would end.

" Daphne she is big now. I'm so proud of how you raised her. Big valedictorian!" Aunt Merlene spoke and I smiled at their words and happiness.

It was good making them proud, It felt good.

"Correction, Co-Valedictorian" I reminded them and my aunt scoffed.

She started on the last braid while my mom replied to my reminder.

"It doesn't matter, you're still Valedictorian and graduating at the top of your class. I couldn't be more proud! Plus my baby is going to Harvard in the next 2 months!" Mom rambled and I couldn't help but understand her excitement.

After all I was excited too.

After Claire had won the votes for Valedictorian, she spoke to the school board. She pitched the idea of having two Valedictorians, which they initially declined. Yet Claire didn't give up and somehow managed to convince them.

So now we were both going to give the Valedictorian speech.

Graduation was now upon us, so the time for the speech was drawing closer and closer. Which was making me nervous and jittery. Yet also elated and determined.

Around an hour later, mom and I were back at home. Where a heavily pregnant Gabriella was making cookies and cupcakes for me and my friends. She said it would be good to eat them after graduation as a taste of the sweet things ahead. Very nice of her although it was the first I was hearing something like that.

"Did her dress arrive?" Mom asked Ryan, who was loitering in the kitchen doorway.

Since prom was after graduation (as in the next day), my mom had asked her designer friend to make me a prom dress. I had drawn my own little draft of what I wanted and he would bring it to life with a few special touches. It was scheduled to arrive today.

"Oh yeah, it came while you were at the hair salon" Ryan confirmed and mom sighed in relief .

She then went to look at it, while I sat and watched Gabriella.

"You actually look decent today" Ryan spoke from where he stood.

It wasn't exactly a compliment but it was the best I'd get from him.

"Thanks" I replied and he smiled at me.

Gabriella laughed at our little exchange, then she placed the cookies into the oven to bake.

"You look really beautiful" She added, as she turned to face me.

Her belly was past a little bump now. It was prominently showing. Although she had been wearing baggier clothes nothing could hide it. However she was rocking the pregnant look pretty well.

"Thank you Gabriella, you're the most beautiful though" I replied and she gave me a heart stopping smile before she sat beside me.

At that moment, Ryan left us alone to have our girl talk.

"I know it's scary closing this chapter of your life. Yet trust me when I say Harvard is going to be the experience of a lifetime. Even though you're heartbroken now... Your heart will heal. So just grab life by the hand gracefully follow" Gabriella told me, encouraging me as if she knew everything I was going through.

Yet one thing was odd.

"How did you know I was heartbroken?" I asked her, with thinking.

Her face held a confused expression, then it immediately switched to one of concern.

"Wait, I was talking about leaving everyone behind... Did you- did you have a break up recently?" She asked in a mini panic and I quickly got to work on covering up my mistake.

"No, no... I don't know why I asked that silly question, hahaha" I replied, laughing nervously at the end.

She was not buying it.

Yet she sighed and decided not to press me about it. Thank God it was her that I slipped up around. If it were Daphne King she wouldn't stop without answers.

"I think it's time to go get your makeup done" Gabriella spoke, getting up to check on what she was baking.

At her words I slipped my phone out of my pocket and checked the time.

11:37 a.m.

It was far from my makeup appointment time. So I just slipped the phone back into my pocket. Avoiding the countless messages from friends and family. I'd reply to them all later. I didn't have the patience in that moment to go through all the messages.

Around 2 hours later, I was in my room. Getting the finishing touching of my makeup done. While the others were busy getting dressed and running around trying to find car keys, money, jewelry etc. We we're only 2 hours away from the start of the graduation ceremony. So the pressure was real.

Mom, Dad, Ryan and Gabriella were coming to my graduation. Although we were only allowed to bring 2 guests. Ryan and Gabriella insisted they'd be willing to sit outside until it was over.

As Gabriella volunteered to be the photographer and Ryan would be her bodyguard. Incase of an emergency where the baby was concerned. They were so excited, I just gave in.

So while Mom and Dad would get to watch my speech. Gabriella and Ryan would have to wait outside in the car for hours. Which I thought would surely be uncomfortable but they did not care.

"And we're done" the makeup artist informed, as he moved out of my line of vision.

Allowing me to look straight in the mirror.

He had done a flawless job. The tones were earthy and soft. Giving me a natural glow. It wasn't a glam look, it was simple and classy and I absolutely loved it.

"Is that really me?" I jokingly laughed.

"Oh honey, that has always been you" he replied, a proud smile now on his face.

He was so nice, I'd be sure to recommend his services to anyone who needed their makeup done in the future.

"Thank you so much Gary, It looks stunning" I praised and he fanned his face dramatically.

"Girl, don't make a grown man cry" he joked and we both burst out laughing.

After Gary packed up his palettes, brushes, curlers etc. He gave me a congratulations hug and went on his way. Then I was left alone to look at myself in the mirror.

Wow!

I thought, as I saw my reflection staring back at me.

I looked so grown, classy and confident. If this was a glimpse into the woman I was becoming I surely didn't mind. I felt like I could take on the world.

I was wearing a fitted black bodycon dress. That hugged my body in all the right ways. It had thin straps and stopped right below my knee.

My friends and I were going to dinner after the ceremony. So we all decided dressing up beforehand would be best. After all the gown would cover everything until it was time to give them back.

The sound of heels clicking down the passage way, alerted me of someone's approach. So I turned my attention from the mirror to my doorway. Where my mom soon appeared all decked out in beautiful jewelry and her fancy Blue dress. She was also wearing her signature stilettos but they were white instead of black.

She was trying to stick to our school colors.

Blue and White.

"Omg! Ashlin you looking amazing!" She screamed when her eyes landed on me.

Why was she screaming?

"I can't wait to see you give your speech honey" she spoke, her voice cracking slightly at the end.

I was about to reply to her when someone else appeared beside her.

It was Dad.

"Is everything alright in here? I heard a scream" he asked, looking at me then my mother next.

Daphne King rolled her eyes, as if she was annoyed at Dad.

"I was just excited to see our baby so grown up" she tried to explain and my Dad looked down at her with a smile.

"Still, there was no reason to cause us to think someone got hurt Daph" he teased and my mom huffed like a child and looked away from him.

"I didn't know I sounded that bad, my apologies for the scare Vincent" mom retorted.

They were so cute, I had to laugh.

At my outburst, they snapped their attention to me.

"What's so funny?" They asked in unison and I just shuck my head.

They were too cute.

"Oh nothing, just wondering when you'll realize it's time to get back together" I answered, causing them both to stand up straight and take a step away from each other.

Mom tried to hide her blush, while Dad tried to play it cool and cleared his throat.

.......................................

As I sat beside Claire, she turned to give me hug. The march had ended and everyone was sitting alphabetically. Except for us, we were in the front row as it would be easier to get on stage when it was time for our speech.

"Omg Claire, I'm so nervous" I whisper yelled at her.

To which she shuck her head and leaned in to whisper back.

"It's normal, just breathe" she advised and I tried to listen to her suggestion.

Breathe in

Breathe out

Breathe in

Breathe out

I kept repeating in until I finally got my nerves under control.

Soon the ceremony began and we all sat quietly, listening to each person that came on stage to speak. It was a bit boring if I was being honest but Claire and I would surely spice things up when it was turn.

Our speech was going to be the bomb.

So I endured the torture for 2 hours, until it finally time for the Valedictorian speech.

When they called Claire Miller and Ashlin King to the stage. The whole auditorium erupted into cheers and claps. My mom and Liz being the loudest.

Ashlin! Ashlin! Ashlin!

Claire! Claire! Claire!

Were the most common shouts amongst others. Dang I was more popular than I had thought. While Claire seemed unaffected, my nervousness was starting to resurface.

Just breathe...

Then next thing I knew, Claire and I were on stage.

"It is such a privilege to be up here to give the Valedictorian speech for the class of 20XX, alongside my best friend Ashlin King" Claire began confidently.

"To think just a few weeks ago we avoided each other like the plaque" I added with a smile.

(Crowd laughs lowly)

"Well I guess the same goes for this moment. As some of us avoided thinking about it like the plague. Then woke up to the reality of graduation being inevitable. Yes, our highschool journey is at it's end." Claire followed, her voice filled with passion.

"It's hard to know we might be seeing some teachers and our dear friends for the last time. It's scary even, to imagine starting the new chapter after being in this one for the longest while. Yet life is all about experiences and memories." I added, looking out boldly at the crowd.

"Yes, It's the time to grow, to have fun, to work hard. To go after your dreams because reaching them is possible. Don't you dare give up now. If you made it this far, you can go even further." Claire followed, sounding like a motivational speaker.

"As for the Jocks, I know it's hard to say goodbye to the fame you gained from sports and ragers. Yet you have a chance to see life for more than shacking up in the Janitors closet or attending every party around town to be respected. " I added, looking into the crowd to find some faces I knew it would apply to.

(Crowd laughs in unison)

"As for the so called 'nerds'. This is an opportunity to try to live a little. Still chase those good grades but don't let your youth pass you by. University is a pool of possibilities. " Claire spoke, looking straight at Gilda Hanover.

The biggest closed off nerd in our school.

"Although we'll miss all the hallway fights (crowd snorts), losing to Cidshore high each year (Girls laugh) and me personally having a certain someone obsess over me" I spoke, looking directly at Morris Clarke at the end.

"We'll learn to eventually adjust. It's time to let go. To let go of a great principal, good teachers, great cooks and friendly janitors. To let go of meeting with our friends at lunch to talk about everything and nothing. It's time to say goodbye." Claire spoke up, her voice cracking at the end.

"In the words of Miley Cyrus, I'm moving on, Letting go, Holding on to tomorrow. " I helped her and she gave me a smile of thanks.

"I'll always have the memories, while I'm finding out who I'm gonna be. We might be apart but I hope you'll always know... You'll be with me wherever I go!" Claire continued, holding back the tears as best as possible.

"Future Engineers, Tech tycoons, Entrepreneurs, Lawyers, Doctors, Astronauts, Artists and Celebs. We did that ! We made it through! We came, We saw and we conquered! Congratulations class of 20XX!" I cheered, ending the Valedictorian speech.

Everyone stood up and applauded.

It wasn't a long speech, It wasn't the best speech, It didn't have big words... Yet it was enough to cause a standing ovation.

As Claire and I hugged each other tightly, It finally hit me that highschool was really over.

We did it !

Omg! Our girl graduated!🎉🎉 I know the speech wasn't the best but I wrote what felt right.😅This was a very long chapter, I hope you liked it !👀 We're 5 chapters away from the end!!! 🎊✨

Thank you guys for the continued support! Please remember to vote, comment and share.
I love you all ❤️
See ya in the next bit;)
~Axela💕

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

519 4 47
Sometimes the past attempts to repeat itself. And sometimes, it refuses to let go. We were two people who couldn't have been more different. She was...
Letters through the dark night Από WinterLE

Γενικό Φαντασίας

64 3 11
"Books and words are all I have left..." This world is filled with horror, fear, anger, hatred, wonder, awe, happiness, appreciation... Outside, the...
Dear Bully Από ari

Εφηβική Φαντασία

22.7K 279 44
*A TWO PART SERIES* **************** The new transfer student can't catch a break almost immediately arriving on her first day at a new school. She i...
Saving The Broken Από The Devil

Εφηβική Φαντασία

37.3K 941 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...