๐†๐”๐€๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐ ๐€๐๐†๐„๐‹ ;...

-lonulite รกltal

Everybody has a guardian angel. And every guardian angel has someone...or some people to protect. No matter w... Tรถbb

โš˜
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ. ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ฃ๐ข๐ซ๐จ ๐ค๐š๐ฆ๐š๐๐จ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ. ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ 

๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ. ๐š ๐ ๐ฎ๐š๐ซ๐๐ข๐š๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ

82 3 0
-lonulite รกltal

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

A WOMAN SAT AT THE TABLE, GENTLY FOLDING SMALL SLIPS OF PAPER. She appeared to be practicing the art of origami, all by herself. That is, until a young boy had waddled over to her, placing his little hands on the edge of the table. He'd try to pull himself up higher, wanting to see what she was doing.

"Mama, what are you doing?" He asked, using one of his hands to tug at his mother's sleeves. She smiled, putting down the paper and pulled him onto her lap. Once he was settled in, she resumed her paper folding.

"I'm making a little something," She'd reply in a soft voice, chuckling when the child tried to help her fold the paper. "But it'll take a bit to finish. Would you like to hear a story in the meantime?"

The boy nodded excitedly. He always loved her stories. He'd ask her to tell him stories before bed, and even during mealtimes!

"Yes! Yes please!"

"Are you sure? It may be a little scary."

The boy shook his head, placing both hands on his hips with a proud huff. "I can handle it! I'm a man! And when I grow up, I have to protect you! So I can't get scared!"

She chuckled, ruffling his hair affectionately. "Alright, alright. Listen closely."

𓆩♡𓆪

In this world, there are monsters. They are called demons; man-eating, and cruel creatures. They retain none of their humanity, and are physically strong.

["Ooh...t-that does sound really scary..."]
["If you want, I can stop here."]
["No, no! I can do it! Continue please!"]

Wounds heal in the blink of an eye. Their limbs can be regenerated. Sometimes, they can have otherworldly abilities. And they can only die by sunlight, or by decapitation with a special sword.

Nobody knows when or where they first appeared, but have continued to terrorize humanity ever since.

["But...mama, does that mean demons hunt us everywhere? Doesn't that mean they can just come in our house?"]
["...Mm. However, there are those who protect us from the demons."]
["Really?! Who?"]

The Demon Slayer Corps. Unrecognized by the government, and has several hundred members within it. Despite this, they continue to protect humanity and slay these demons.

They fight the demons with their mortal bodies, not possessing the same regeneration abilities or otherworldly abilities - yet they continue to battle them for years!

But in the recent years, there have been sightings of something that may just turn the tide in this long-lasting war...

And they are known as a guardian angel.

["Guardian angel? Like the pretty people with wings?"]
["Yes. They're very strong, as well."]

There is only known to be one in existence, at least in this world. Quite like the demon race, nobody knows when they first appeared.

Their name is unknown, and their physical features are said to be forgotten by those who have had the opportunity to witness them. The only memory they have of the angelic creature were it's pure, white wings. It appears that the angel only allows certain people to remember their face - to protect themselves, maybe?

Nobody knew, but it didn't stop them from appreciating their efforts.

The angel was said to be compassionate, and caring to those they protect. Though they do not falter against a demon, they hold sympathy for the demon's past, human life.

As an angel, they could not accept the cruel and unjust murders they committed. However, they would never trample over them, nor disrespect them in any way. All they'd do is send them off, gracing them with a final, melancholic smile before they disappear.

Even if some people disagreed with their overwhelmingly kind and sympathetic nature towards these creatures, they still protected humanity and did not hesitate to slay demons. People held feasts, lit candles, and some even went as far to host annual events for their dearest guardian—in hopes they answer their own wishes and requests for protection.

During this event, the citizens would light lanterns and release them into the sky at midnight. Along with the lanterns, they mutter prayers, appreciation, or wishes of their own. It is said that the lanterns reach the heavens, where the guardian angel resides and reads every single one of them.

["Ah, is that why we make our own lanterns...and let them go every year with big sister? That's really cool!"]

Though the Demon Slayer Corps and the Guardian Angel have worked towards the same cause, it is said that they have not worked in collaboration as of now.

But there is no doubt that with a heavenly being by their side, they shall be guided...whether they be physically present or not.

["...Mama, I wanna know more about the angel. Have you seen them before?"]
[A smile graces the mother's lips.]
["Yes."]

The angel radiated with pure energy.

They had beautiful, sparkling eyes—and they were clothed in white robes. Upon their head was a crown—no, it was a laurel wreath, its leaves being a shiny gold. It symbolized their countless victories against evil.

They had large, white wings on their back. They were soft to the touch, each and every feather carefully looked after by the angel. Not a speck of dirt or dust would be on them.

They wielded a long, thin, and white blade. It had a golden hilt, it's cross-guards resembling angel wings. Though it seemed like a normal sword, it was quite pretty...and every time they'd use it, the blade would glow gold.

It is said their blade glows with power, and works along the Divine. One would even call it, Divine Judgement.

As a protector, they are constantly using this blessed weapon to fend off evil and misfortune to befall the human. But fate is prewritten, and so if a person is destined to die a certain way...

When the sword refuses to glow in moments of crisis, it is like a message from above—

It is their time.

The angel is left to watch them...die.

All they can do is watch, and cradle their dying, mortal body...and let the hands of death reap their souls. People thought it was cruel, and quite painful for the angel to hold this responsibility...but it is their job.

["Oh no...I feel really bad for the guardian angel, ma. Can they really do nothing?]

When the Divine send a message through the sword, that is all they do. One may think, they are the Divine; the beings that are above even time and existence. But just like the mortals, they are given free will.

They do not physically stop the angel from moving. From protecting them anyways.

From defying the Divine. The beauty and the curse of free will that has been not only bestowed to humans, but to those within their own ranks. After all; why must they enforce such an act, when they put their faith into their own kind?

But when an angel defies the divine, they can face heavy consequences. As the acts of disobedience builds, so does the consequences.

It may even end in the voiding of their guardian role, or...death.

["...Death? But, isn't the guardian angel already dead? They're a...a spirit, right?"]

When an angel 'dies,' their spirit is not sent to either Heaven...or Hell.

When a guardian angel—or any spiritual being in general—defies the Divine, they are not instantly stripped of their role. It starts out slow, like the loss of their abilities or physical/mental pain. But it can soon become bigger. And they can't always just let them off.

As punishment for their actions, they are sent to—

"Are you...sleeping?" She chuckled at her sons sleeping form, his head laying against her chest with quiet snores.

Upon receiving no response (she didn't expect one, anyways), she shook her head and brought him to his room. Laying him onto the futon mattress, she tucked him in and planted a small kiss on his forehead.

"I..." She closed her eyes, sitting on her knees next to her now sleeping son. "I hope you didn't mind me telling him about you, huh?"

A white glow manifested in the corner of the room, the outline of a human being seen within it. The aura dissipated, revealing—

"...y/n," She breathed out, turning to her and bowing in respect. Her head was lowered, and she didn't dare raise it. "I—I wasn't aware you were listening—"

"Like I said..." They smiled, waving her off dismissively. "There's no need to be so formal. Raise your head."

And so she did, a smile subconsciously appearing on her face at the sight of the angel. "I truly cannot thank you enough for what you have done for my family. If it weren't for you..." Tears filled her eyes, her hands shaking. "I—I wouldn't have...we wouldn't have..."

She shook her head, bowing her head once more. "What I'm trying to say, y/n...is thank you. I still don't understand why you've trusted me with retaining memories of you...but thank you."

The angel stepped forward, kneeling down and raising her head. They brought their hands up to her eyes, wiping away her tears with gentle movements.

Their hands are warm.

"Don't trouble yourself with such little things, my dear..." They muttered, their voice now hushed with the sleeping boy in mind. "Focus on the present. Focus on your beautiful children..."

"If anything...I should apologize. For...for being unable to..." They trailed off, emotion evident in their tone. Sadness? Melancholy? Anger?

"Please don't, y/n." She had a small smile on her face, though it was clear to see the grief still in her heart. "My husband wouldn't have wanted you to be angry at yourself."

"After all, you've defied the Divine to save my child's life."

They let out a small sigh, letting their hands drop from her face to grasp their hands. It was silent for a moment—but a very comfortable one. "I understand."

"Now," She had been the one to let go of them first, making a gesture with her hands. "Off you go. It's night time, and I don't want to hold you back."

"...Mm. You do understand that once I leave...you may not be able to see me again. At least...not unless you find yourself in danger once more. But even so—"

"y/n," She almost seemed like a stern mother to them. It was amusing.

They laughed, standing from their kneeling position and would hold their hands up in surrender. "...Alright, alright. I yield."

Their body began to glow, spreading around the entire room. She squinted, trying to catch sight of them before they'd disappear—and would make out the face of the angel amidst the light.

"Farewell, Minori. May the Divine watch over you."

They vanished.

𓆩♡𓆪

— end of chapter 00.

AUTHORS NOTE !!
time to post a single chapter and then never touch this fic again—

Olvasรกs folytatรกsa

You'll Also Like

177K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
564K 34.5K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
929K 35.2K 83
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...