Uncovering the Camouflaged Da...

Von wabirae

What would you feel if you are a hidden daughter? How would you cope up in the dark? What if you are on her s... Mehr

Uncovering the Camouflaged Daughter
PROLOGUE
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
Anniversary Chapter
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
37
I and G
38
39
40
EPILOGUE
writer's note
Special Chapter
Special Chapter
Special Chapter
Special Chapter

36

1.4K 51 21
Von wabirae

To: Kuya Si
Kuyaaa, are you going to come to the Araneta fam reunion?

I waited for a couple of minutes for him to reply.

From: Kuya Si
Not eh, Ells. I'm with mom, we are attending an event

I typed my reply.

To: Kuya Si
aww :((( how about kuya sands and kuya vin?

From: Kuya Si
Sands is at Ilocos, working and vinny is at la union, having his vacay

To: Kuya Si
too bad, akala ko you guys would attend

From: Kuya Si
sorry :) aren't kuya alfy and kuya lu with you?

To: Kuya Si
they are naman, they're having a drink. but am not in the mood for drink

From: Kuya Si
gotta go, ells, the program's starting. enjoy there and ingat

I was about to type my reply when Mommy suddenly pat my legs multiple times. Gulat ko siyang nilingon.

"What, 'mmy?"

"Your Tita Pat was talking to you but you weren't giving any attention," she briefly smiled.

Nilingon ko si Tita Pat. I smiled and said, "What was it again, Tita?"

"You're too busy with your phone, anything wrong?" sabi ni Tita.

I shook my head. "Wala po. I just messaged Kuya Si, I asked if they would come but he said he's with Tita Liza." Tumango si Tita.

"I just asked if what's your plan with your upcoming birthday, malapit na iyon hindi ba?" aniya.

I nodded. "Yes po. But I don't have any plans yet. I was busy these days regarding my clinic and public works."

"You help your Tito... like in public works?" naguguluhang tanong noong isa kong tiyahin.

"Uhm... yeah. Sometimes lang if it's not too dangerous. I help with the relief packings and like asking for updates from his people if there's calamity," I answered.

"That's great! Might want to join politics some time soon?" sabi ng tiyuhin ko na kakarating lang.

I smiled and shook my head. "Been busy with my clinic, Tito. I would love to focus on my chosen field first. But if politics really is for me? I would love to,"

Lumingon yung Tito ko kay Mommy. "She's really got it from your family side! Our brave little girl. Would you want her to join, Irene?"

Ngumiti si Mommy at iniligay ang braso nya sa likod ng balikat ko, resting it at the ibabaw ng chair ko. "As long as she's happy and feeling fulfilled, I'm totally okay with it. But you'll focus on your career first, love right?" malambing na tumingin sa akin si Mommy.

"Yeah. Don't worry, Mommy." I smiled widely.

"She'd be the girl version of your Dad then, Irene." compliment ni Tita Pat.

"She would make a good leader, Irene. Fearless and brave," sabi noong isa kong tiyahin. Mommy chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess so too. Mahirap 'tong kalaban dahil hindi nagpapatalo itong Irenielle ko." humalakhak si Mommy.

"Got that from Tita Imee," I proudly smirked.

Mommy pouted as she looked at me. "Why? You don't think that it's from me?"

"You're shy, Mommy! I got my sensitivity and looks from you!" I said, pouting. She chuckled and kissed my temple.

"Don't you think you got something from your father too?" tanong noong atribida kong tiyahin.

Hindi naman siya kasali sa usapan, ba't ba 'to nakikialam? Why can't she just talk with that Ria? Nakikisali pa talaga.

"Well, I only got Dad's surname and height... maybe his nose too. Don't you think, Mom?" I glanced at Mommy.

"Yeah, you do." I saw Dad smiled.

"But like in career? I don't think that I take after him about those such business things. I'll leave that to my Manongs." I said and glanced at my Dad.

Nanatili lang ang kanyang tingin sa akin. He looks like he was so astonished while I was talking. Umiwas ako ng tingin. Kahit na gaano ako kagalit kay Daddy, hindi ko pa rin maiwasan na gustuhin na tumakbo patungo sa kanya at maglambing.

I used to be very malambing to Dad. I want to bring the old us. The sweet Dad and daughter bond, like no one else could ruin it. But his one mistake ruined it all.

Kahit mahirap para sa akin na tanggapin na mayroon siyang nagawang kasalanan, he's still my rest. He still make me feel at ease whenever I feel down. He makes me feel safe whenever I feel like I'm horrified. Kasi kahit anong gawin kong paghahanap ng ganoon na security from other men I have liked, si Daddy lang ang nakakagawa noon.

"Back to what we're talking nga, where do you plan on spending your birthday?" tuloy ni Tita Pat sa usapan.

"I'm still not sure, Tita. But maybe in Ilocos," sabi ko.

"Ayaw mo sa palasyo?" biro ng Tito ko. Natawa kaming lahat, he was referring to Malacañang.

"No po. I don't want anything grand. I want to have a party with just close family and friends. And I would want to try a Coachella beach themed party, like drinks and such." I smiled as I imagined how it looked like.

"But why Ilocos though? Ayaw mo ba sa iba?" tanong noong atribida kong Tita.

I shook my head. "Nope. Ilocos have great beaches to go. And Ilocos is my home. I'm an Ilocana through and through." I proudly uttered.

"Ilocana but doesn't know how to speak the language fluently, hmm?" Mommy teased. I softly glared at Mommy and pouted. "Biro lang! Of course, my baby's an Ilocana."

"And an Ilongga." Daddy interrupted.

"Yeah, of course. Mom's from Ilocos, Dad's from Iloilo. I'm an Ilocana-Ilongga." I said.

"How old are you na nga, Ellie?" tanong noong Tito ko.

"Uhm... I'm turning twenty three, Tito." I answered.

"Greggy, your darling's reaching adolescence life na pala. Kinakabahan ka na ba?" biro ng Tito kay Daddy.

Daddy laughed. "Noon pa naman ako kinakabahan. But wala tayong magagawa, she really has to reach that stage. But husband isn't allowed yet! My heart will surely get torn to pieces,"

They were talking and joking around about me slowly getting older when my atribidang Tita interrupted their conversation.

"How old are you na nga, hija?" tanong niya kay Ria. Nangunot ang noo ko, Mommy held my hand.

"I'm turning twenty po, next month." She answered.

"Oh! That's great. Any plans on joining your father's company?" Nangunot ang noo ko nang marinig ang sinabi niya. What the hell is she talking about?

Natigilan ang lahat nang nakarinig nang sinabi niya iyon. Nagtinginan ang lahat. Maybe they find it ridiculous too, like I do. Mommy remained poised and she just listened to whatever ridiculousness she was talking about.

"What? She's an heir of Greggy too!" giit pa niya.

"But... she doesn't have an 'Araneta' on her surname. She can't be an heir to Greggy's assets without it," Tito sounded like he find what that Tita said, hilarious.

May point naman si Tita eh... pointless nga lang. I glanced at Ria and she rolled her eyes at me. What the hell? Wala nga akong sinasabi, bakit parang nagagalit siya sa akin? Siraulo ba 'to?

Tumingin yung tiyahin ko na yon sa tatay ko. "You do have plans on changing her surname, right?"

Nakita kong sumulyap si Daddy kay Mommy na ngayo'y walang ekspresyon ang kanyang mukha. Mommy was just looking at him plainly, waiting for his answer. Nilingon ni Daddy si Tita.

"I have to talk with my wife and my children about it. I can't just make decisions on my own, knowing that they will be affected with my acts again." dire-diretsong sagot ni Daddy.

Mommy looked shocked with his answer. We did not expect that. Akala ko magpapaka-hero na naman itong si Daddy. Thank heavens na maayos ang pag-iisip niya ngayon, and hindi na masyadong reckless.

Nakita kong gumalit ang ekspresyon ni Ria at noong Tita ko.

"How dare you, Dad?! Hindi mo ba ako ipaglalaban diyan sa pamilya mo? Gosh! Wala naman pala akong mapapala!" Ria was hysterical.

I was about to answer her when I noticed that Mommy was looking at me. I glanced at her and she shook her head, a subtle way for me to not say anything. I forced myself to calm down.

"Greggy! Nahihibang ka na ba? Ria's your daughter too!" Nanggagalaiti na sabi ni Tita.

"Irene is my wife. Alfonso, Luis and Ellie is my children. Shouldn't I think about their feelings first?" Sagot ni Daddy.

"Ellie doesn't even like to join the business race! For pete's sake! Mag-isip ka nga, Greggy! Our business will be at stake—"

Pinutol ni Daddy ang sentence nya. "I don't care about the business. And what do you mean by 'our', hindi naman maapektuhan ang negosyo mo sa kung ano man ang desisyon ko. Mag hunos dili ka nga. And even though Irenielle doesn't want to join the business world, she is my heiress." Matapang na sabi ni Daddy.

"Gosh! Dad, paano mo mas mapapalago ang negosyo mo?! How long are you going to be your wife's pet?! Eh wala namang kwenta yang asawa mo!" That Ria said.

Fuck it. Don't she dare say things about my Mom or else she'll see the evil in me.

"You shut up. What do you mean by Dad is my Mom's pet? And don't you fucking dare speak ill about my mother. Shut the fuck up. If you're just mad because you can't be an heir, spare us from your bullshit thinking. If my Mom can't say anything to you because she respects you as my Dad's mistake, then I fucking will. You don't know anything, woman." I attacked.

She looked at Dad na parang nagpapakampi pa. For all I care. Kahit magkampihan pa kayong lahat, wala akong pakialam. Lick my feet.

"See, Dad?! She called me as your mistake! Ipagtanggol mo naman ako! Tangina naman!" she exclaimed.

"If you think na natatakot ako pag kinampihan o ipagtanggol ka ni Daddy, nagkakamali ka. Kahit sino pa ang kakampi mo, wala akong pakialam. One more word against my Mom that comes from your filthy mouth, you'll regret that you showed up here today." My jaw clenched in anger.

Padabog na tumayo yung atribida kong tiyahin. "Gosh, Irenielle! Yan ba ang natutunan mo sa other family mo!? Gosh! You're getting worse! Wala ka na talagang respeto! Hindi talaga tama ang pagpapalaki sayo ng nanay mo!"

"And you think na tama yang pagkukunsinti mo diyan sa pagkakamali ni Daddy?! Huh? What more should I learn here?! And if you think na natatakot pa rin ako na kalabanin ka, think twice. Wag mong pagsalitaan ng ganyan ang Marcos side ko. You don't know anything... And if you think I'm getting worse? Yes! Lalo na't pag pinagsasalitaan mo nang masama ang Mommy ko, ang mga kapatid ko, at ang pamilya ko sa Marcos." I spatted.

The people around here were starting to gather to our table now. Tita Pat was trying to calm us down, but I just can't. No ill words should be spoken to my family. Kahit na sino ka pa.

"Ellie, respect naman. She's still your aunt—" pagpipigil sa akin noong isa kong pinsan.

"I don't care on who the hell you are! Once you speak against my Marcos side, especially my mother, you'll see the devil in me. And what do you mean, respect?! Did she ever respect my mother being my father's wife? Didn't she tolerate my father's wrong doings? At siya pa talaga ang nagreto, huh? Don't ask me for respect knowing that you didn't give it to us, in the first place." nanginginig na ako sa sobrang galit.

Naramdaman kong hinawakan na ako ng mga kapatid ko, para huminahon. I saw Kuya Alfonso darkly glared at them.

"Ang taas na ng tingin mo sa sarili mo ah! Without your father, you are nothing! Eh hindi ka nga makakatulong sa negosyo ng tatay mo! Wala kang kwenta! Your brothers doesn't even a little bit of help! Kahit na doon sila nagtratrabaho, parang wala pa rin!" sagot niya ulit.

Nagulat ako ng biglang tumayo si Mommy at pinantayan siya ng tingin. She's raging mad.

"Matitiis ko pa pag pinagsalitaan mo ako ng masama. But not my children. I don't care if you speak ill to me, wag mo lang subukang pagsalitaan ng masama ang mga anak ko, dahil ako ang makakalaban mo. Is it my daughter who is nothing without her father? Or is it you who is nothing without my husband? You wouldn't be where you are now without Greggy's help, and yet you still dare to say something mean to his children? What a thick-faced woman you became," Mommy said, anger is evident in her voice.

Pilit silang inaawat ng mga tao na naroon. Mommy remained glaring at her. Habang yung tiyahin ko ay mukhang na offend sa sinabi ni Mommy. Mommy spoke again.

"I know you didn't like me, since then. I would like you to know that, I don't like you too, ever since. You tolerated Greggy's wrong doings cause you want our marriage to fail, and you did do it. It didn't fail, it just had cracks. So you somehow failed. Wag na wag mong iinsultuhin ang mga anak ko. Their net worth is worth your whole life. Wag kang magmagaling. I don't really care on what your up to. My only concern here is my children. I do not care with whatever problems in your life that you're currently facing. Tigilan mo yang kahibangan mo, dahil napupuno na ako." The way that Mommy delivered that screams danger.

She's raging mad. Madilim ang paraan sa pagtingin, nakaigting ang panga, at galit ang ekspresyon sa mukha. Bihira ko lang makita si Mommy na ganito. And she just get usually like this when someone attacks us, her children and our Marcos family.

"See, Greggy! You didn't marry well! You married a low class woman! Hindi ka ba nagsisisi?! Greggy, gumising ka nga! At ikaw, Irene! Ang kapal ng mukha mo, parang kung sino ka para magsalita!" galit na sabi niya.

Dad stood up and pointed at that atribida. "You stop saying things against my wife! You're now out of my corporation and I'm stopping from investing in your goddamn company!"

Bumilog ang mata niya noong narinig ang sinabi ni Daddy. "What?! No way! Nababaliw ka na ba, Greggy?!"

"You don't know what I'm capable of doing for my wife. I am trying my best to make it up to my wife, so stop ruining it now. That's final. I'm gonna stop investing in your company, bahala ka na sa buhay mo." Galit na sabi ni Daddy. He looks dangerous.

Nilingon niya yung mga taong nandoon at sinabing, "See this everyone! Nagiging tuta na ni Irene si Greggy! She's clearly controlling him! This is why I prefer Lani over her! She has no class at all!"

I saw Mommy scoffed. "Kung kino-control ko 'tong pinsan mo, matagal ka na sana niyang pinabayaan. I do not care if you prefer that woman. Wala akong pakialam. I shouldn't be compared to anyone, nag-iisa ako."

Ria spoke, "Dad, just end things with her! Mas gusto naman pala ni Tita yung Mommy ko! Gosh, Dad! Choose your own blood!"

"Maghunos dili ka. Wag sasabat-sabat kung hindi naman alam kung ano ba talaga ang dapat isagot. If you think that Daddy would choose your mother over my mother, matulog ka na lang ulit. Stop speaking so low." Sinagot siya ni Kuya Alfonso.

"Gosh! Pati ba naman ikaw, Alfonso?! Ganyan na rin magsalita!? Hindi talaga tama na sumasama pa kayo sa mga Marcos na iyon!" sabi ulit ni atribida.

"Isang salita mo pa laban sa pamilya namin sa mga Marcos, kakalimutan ko talagang tinuruan kami na rumespeto ng babae, at galangin ang mas nakatatanda." Kuya Luis said in anger.

Galit na lumingon sa akin yung atribida. "Ikaw! Hindi ka na nga makakatulong sa negosyo ng Daddy mo. Wala ka pang respeto! Nagmana ka lang sa Mommy mo!"

Anong connect non? Nahihibang na ba siya? Tumayo ako.

"Kanino ba dapat ako magmamana? Sayo?" I laughed, hysterically. "No thanks. Ayoko rin." Sarkastiko kong sagot.

"You know what? If you're too angry that my children is Greggy's heir, and your bet cannot be an heir. Itago mo na lang yan sa sarili mo at wag na magsalita nang kung ano-ano. And pwede namang hindi maging heiress si Ellie, kung ganyan ka kagalit."

What does Mommy mean? Halos lahat kami naguguluhan. We were too puzzled with what she said.

"What do you mean?" tanong noong atribida.

Humarap si Mommy kay Daddy. "I'll just change my daughter's surname to Marcos at hindi na niya dadalhin ang apilido mo. Alfonso and Luis too, pwede ko naman gawan ng paraan. But let's make a deal, wala ka naring anak sa akin. They'll be just MY children. And we can get annulment pagkatapos." Mommy said firmly. Dad's forehead creased.

"No! I won't let it, Irene. Hindi mangyayari iyon! Not in this lifetime, not even in the next! You will remain as my wife and they will remain as my children. Wala akong pake sa kung ano man ang sinasabi nila! You'll carry my surname forever!" Dad said. His voice was nanggigigil but because it was Mommy he was talking to, parang lumalambing ito ng kaunti.

Humarap ulit si Mommy kay atribida at sinabing, "Oh... Wala na akong magagawa diyan huh? Sorry ka na lang. Narinig mo naman ang sinabi ni Greggy diba? Sapat na siguro iyon." Nang-iinsulto niyang sabi.

Nilingon ako ni Mommy at hinawakan ang pulsuhan ko. "Let's go na, love. Alfonso, Luis, Xandra, tara na. Call your children, aalis na tayo." sabi ni Mommy. She was raging mad earlier, pero napakalambing ng pagkakasabi niya sa amin noon.

Tumango sila at nagtungo kung saan ang mga pamangkin ko. Bumalik rin sila kaagad.

Nilingon ulit ni Mommy si Daddy habang nakahawak pa rin sa pulsuhan ko. "You can stay, if you want."

"No. I'm coming with you. Let's go home, dear." sabi ni Daddy at hinawakan ang beywang ni Mommy.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

73.2K 3.6K 32
(n): someone who hides pain behind a smile.
30.4K 726 15
Have you ever had those moments? When you are sitting under the tree, when you are sipping your morning coffee or you are driving your car and sud...
9.3K 681 12
When Greggy had an accident, Saoirse Maryella Vivianne Louise Araneta is forced to stay with her mother, Irene, who she hasn't seen in years. The ten...
105K 6.6K 52
A daughter's hatred and disappointment to her mom, nevertheless, she still cares and loves her mom unconditionally. A mother's unconditional love tow...