Mr. Corporate Law

SevenDeadlyBodies द्वारा

Lawler & Walsh. Corporate Law firm that specializes in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Dispute Resoluti... अधिक

1.0: Lawler & Walsh
1.1: L&W Lawyer - Nathaniel Walsh
1.2: L&W Lawyer - Adrian Lawler
1.3: L&W Lawyer - Dominic Walsh
1.4: L&W Lawyer - Erika Barnett
1.5: L&W Lawyer - Hamish Schwartz
1.6: L&W Lawyer - Marianne Lawler
1.7: Welcome to Our World
1.8: Welcome to My Office
1.9: Welcome Mrs Lawler Number Three
2.0: Welcome Mrs Walsh Number Three
2.1: Rules, Regulations and Responsibilities in Lawler & Walsh
2.2: L&W Rules - Office Romance is Prohibited
2.3: L&W Rules - Partners have Priority and Superiority
2.4: L&W Rules - Some Things are Better Left Unsaid
2.5: L&W Rules - Meetings must be kept Professional
2.6: L&W Rules - Use your Networks Wisely
2.7: L&W Rules - Recreational Activities Happen on Your Own Time
2.8: L&W Rules - Respect the Chain of Command
2.9: L&W Rules - Victory is Rewarded
3.0: L&W Rules - You Belong to Us
3.1: New York City
3.2: NYC - Reputation
3.3: NYC - Celebration
3.4: NYC - Deception
3.5: NYC - Secrets
3.6: NYC - Truth
3.7: NYC - Plastic
3.8: NYC - Manipulation
3.9: NYC - Breakdown
4.0: NYC to LA
4.1: The Ex-Lover
4.2: The Daddy's Girl
4.3: The Resident Bad Boy
4.4: The Girl's Best Friend
4.5: The Worst Nightmare
4.6: The Man She Loved
4.7: The Sly Man
4.9: The Pleasant Reminder
5.0: The Plan Starts Now
5.1: Day One - Father Knows Best
5.2: Day Two - The Awkward Approach
5.3: Day Three - Art of Seduction
5.4: Day Four - Final Toast
5.5: Day Five - The Night Before
5.6: Day Six - Confessions
5.7: Day Seven - Back to Business
5.8: Day Eight - Old Dominic
5.9: Day Nine - Old Marianne
6.0: Day Ten - Goodbye Mr Walsh
6.1: All Over
Dirty Little Secret
PREVIEW: Mrs Corporate Law
Mrs Corporate Law is out!

4.8: The Crazy Couple

5.3K 160 16
SevenDeadlyBodies द्वारा

I don't know what got into me.

I couldn't sleep last night. I stayed up for a couple of hours, getting nervous over a date with a guy I've been with for seven years and broke up with a week ago, and honestly, it drove me crazy. It wasn't even our first date, but how could he make me feel like it is?

Why couldn't I stop thinking about Dominic all of a sudden?

I lasted a week not missing him, or thinking about him and his kissable lips, alluring and pretty hazel eyes that made my knees weak, and his gentle caress at every inch of my body- Ugh! Look! I'm doing it again. It shouldn't really make me nervous, I had to breath, stay calm, stay sane and conscious. I already made a promise with Erika that if I ended up having sex with Dominic, I'd owe her some sort of favour, and owing her a favour wasn't something that I wanted weighing on my shoulder, I've already got enough on my plate already.

At around eight o'clock in the morning, my phone buzzed and on the other end of the line was one deep, sexy voice that surprised me. I only just woken up, so answering the phone in a daze and not being able to recognize the voice surely did a number for me. I croaked and groaned and tried to find the right words to respond to such a seductive 'hello', but failed, and only managed to mumble nonsense under my breath from the frustration.

"Do I have the right number? This is Annie, right?"

"Yes-" I tiredly responded. "Why so early? It's Saturday."

"Didn't I tell you to clear your schedule?"

"Yes, you did- Why? Don't tell me you're outside?"

"Then I won't."

My head jolted up and my eyes narrowed as I checked and clarified who the person was on the other line, his face and smile lit up my screen that I nearly dropped my phone and quickly apologized. "Oh God, I'm sorry! Humm- Mmph- Just- Five minutes, Dom-" I struggled to speak while trying to get ready with only one hand.

"I'll give you fifteen before I get towed." He replied with a chuckle. There was no denying that this was definitely the old Dominic I was talking to. "Please hurry."

Cold shower. Check.

Blow dried hair and simple make up. Check.

White summer-like dress with a nude snake patterned belt to hold it together. Check.

Nude flats. Check.

Bag, Wallet and Phone. Check.

Okay, so, in ten minutes, I managed to get ready. Phew.

Erika was still snoring, since we stayed up last night watching disney movies, and I would've liked to sleep in some more for a Saturday morning, but because someone waited for me downstairs, I snuck out of her apartment without saying goodbye and dashed downstairs. And right at the lobby of her apartment building, I stopped to catch my breath and put my hair back in order through the reflection on one of the elevator doors.

"You don't have to do that for me."

Through the reflection, I was surprised at the sight of Dominic. His hands tucked away at the pocket of his jeans and the sleeves of his light tan cardigan were rolled up to his elbows, he kept his brown hair combed, wide smile that made his right dimple more prominent. He looked good. So good, I wanted to jump him.

"Hey!" I greeted with a smile too, slowly turning around to face him. "I thought you were outside."

"Yeah, but you were taking too long." He replied and approached me, closing the gap between us, his arms slithered naturally around my body and mine wrapped around his neck. It was a natural instinct for the both of us.

"Wait, we can't do this on a first date."

"What? You're going to hold out on me?"

I attempted to step away from him, it took a bit of pushing off his toned chest to slip out of his grasp. He gave a little pout as I straightened my dress and teasingly asked, "You can do that, right?"

"One week," He sighed and muttered under his breath, he probably thought I couldn't hear him. "I used to get it a lot more than that."

"Come on, Dom. It's the least you can do for me." I chuckled and held his hand, just to tease him more. He responded by giving the back of my hand a light peck and tried to convince me to change my mind, he said, "This is all I get after being such a good boy for a week, helped you out and saved you from my Uncle. This is it?"

"Is that really what you just want to do? Just have sex? Is that why you want to-"

Dominic quickly tugged me close to him, our bodies bumped back into each other like magnets and the tips of our noses barely touched as he stared right into my eyes, my cheeks began to feel so warm from the sudden spark that lit up as soon as our gazes locked and connected. He smirked and whispered, "Don't say stuff like that."

"Fine."

"So, on this first date, I can't kiss you?"

"No." I shook my head.

"But I did it last time. Don't you remember?" Dominic tried to seduce me all over again, the way he spoke made my lips tingle and the urge to kiss him became hell of a lot stronger than before.

It was hard.

But I had to control myself. So, I tapped at my lips, keeping them blocked with my fingers - just in case he'd kiss me like how he did the first time, when he said that he couldn't handle the tension between us. I - honestly - just want to kiss him.

"Stop it and let's go, please." I pleaded.

"Fine," He sighed in defeat as he began to lead me out of the building and meet with the beautiful, sunny weather. Ahead of us was an unfamiliar black convertible, pretty cliché for a lawyer to drive one if you asked me.

"No Mick?"

He shook his head and lead me closer to the car. "I want alone time."

"So you bought a new car?"

"Hell no," He laughed. "But I wanted to impress you, so I borrowed Patrick's car for the day."

"Patrick's the banker friend, right?"

"Yeah, that's the one."

The man who held my hand at that exact moment was the old Dominic Walsh, the one I fell in love with and longed for since his Uncle tainted his innocent and beautiful heart. From the way he spoke to the way he acted with me made me so happy - inside and out - and I truly wouldn't want it any other way. I loved this Dominic Walsh, though the new version of himself seeped through via his stylish exterior and dominant stature, but I didn't mind it that time, because it was only mild.

Oh Dominic.

Our first location, he drove to Echo Park, where he surprised me with a picnic basket and blanket already packed at the boot of the convertible. We found a quiet spot with a nice view of the lake and the skyline of the downtown skyscrapers. A faint view of the building where the Lawler & Walsh office could be seen from where we sat.

But I shouldn't think of work right now.

My concentration should be placed on the guy sitting opposite me on the checkered blue and green blanket. Dominic didn't pay attention to me for a bit, he was busy unpacking things, even though the basket was already opened and the grapes were already picked on by me and my snappy fingers. He took out prepackaged food and drinks, like ham and cheese sandwiches, peanuts, breadsticks, bottled water and bottled juice amongst other things.

"Wow, Dom. Are you feeding someone else too? Don't tell me there's someone else joining us?" I joked.

He only glared at me as he closed the basket and asked, "Why are you such a bully and teasing me? Do you really think you can hold out on me without a fight?"

"No, I'm saying that you're not strong enough to keep yourself together."

"Is that a bet?"

"I'll win." I snorted and took another grape, tossing into my mouth.

"You owe me one night if I can hold out longer than you can," He proposed as he mimicked what I had just done before he slid down to his back and casually used my lap as his pillow. I stared down at him as he stared up at me, well, maybe, he had his sunglasses on and so did I, so it was pretty hard to tell.

"That's not-"

"It's a win-win, Annie. Either way, we'll enjoy that one night." Now he was teasing me, his teeth flashed before me as he knew he hit me at the right spot to make me turn away from him, blushing like a tomato and embarrassed by his remark. He knew me so well.

I guess seven years has been a long time.

Then again, even though it's been seven years later, I still manage to find myself blushing and feel flustered when he talked dirty to me. I think I might be still be immature or whatever. Dominic's probably the only one who matured between the two of us throughout our relationship, but then again, if he hadn't changed and hadn't gotten promoted, I think he'd be just as immature as I was. I kept quiet, thinking back to all those times we were together as I combed my fingers through his brown locks, taking them out from the prim and proper comb over to a messy version of it, at least so he could look a bit more loosened up - a bit more like his old self.

"Do you still have those superhero boxers?" I blurted out thanks to my train of thoughts.

"P-Pardon?"

"The ones you wore when you asked me- Well- Told me to marry you."

"Yes. Why would I throw them away?"

See what I mean? The man lying on my lap was the old Dominic, and this Dominic Walsh was as immature as I am. He'd also be the type to blush when I talked dirty to him when I wanted him - even though he'd always deny it.

"Just wondering. Since you don't wear them anymore."

The smile on his face faded. "Please don't bring up that version of myself, Annie," He slightly begged. "He's not me, and I'm fighting to stay like this for you."

"Why, though?"

"Because."

"Because?"

"I don't need to spell it out, do I?"

"Yes, please."

Dominic pushed himself up, going to his side and used one arm as balance against the blanket. He gave me one of his 'are you serious' expressions, where his left eyebrow was cocked up and his bit on his lower lip - as though he chewed on it - and his prominent right dimple made another appearance. I only nodded to his expression, he was easier to read compared to his new persona. Dominic then extended his other arm, his fingers grazed gently passed my cheek and to the slightly behind my neck before he leaned forward while also pulling me towards him.

Was he going to kiss me?

His face came closer and closer, his nose brushed passed mine, and in that last inch or two, he teasingly turned his head to let his lips go near my ear and whispered, "Hah, I got you."

I furrowed my brows and pushed him to his back and mumbled, "You really are the old you."

"Who else would I be?"

"Shut up- Ahh!" I hissed before he pulled me down to lie next to him, his arms wrapped around me as we stared up into the clear, blue sky.

It felt nice being in his arms again. Being able to cuddle up next to him and enjoy each other's company amongst the other drama we have in our lives. This felt nostalgic too, with the memory of our third date, a week after our first date, when we both agreed to be an exclusive couple. It was a pretty quick notion from Dominic as one of his close friends bluntly asked him my number, and he reacted by telling that friend I was his girlfriend.

Sweet, right?

It was cute to see him get defensive and jealous, especially when I joked about wanting his friend's number too. That was also the first time I realized that I wanted to be his girlfriend, be the one he'd be with forever, and that still hasn't changed ever since. Even now.

We spent all morning at that little spot at Echo park, being ourselves, reminiscing and getting a good tan. As great as it was, we moved on to eat ice cream in Hollywood. And no matter how old we both were, ice cream was always going to be the best treat for a stressed out soul. Even though that date made me feel like a youngster all over again, the love I have for ice cream reminded me of that little me at the beach with my Father. The two scoops of cookies and cream with a bit of whipped cream on top made me feel all better.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

I caught Dominic staring at me, his own two scoops on a cone in one hand and a goofy smile on the other. He had such a soft, loving gaze from his pretty hazel eyes. I didn't understand it at first, but as he wiped off something from the tip of my nose, I felt that same jolt of energy as when he'd kiss me. His thumb purposely - well it felt like it was on purpose - over my lower lip before he placed his thumb into his mouth and sucked on it. My body shivered and the blush on my cheeks certainly showed my inner need for him, he noticed too as he only chuckled and went back to his ice cream.

You would've thought from the first half of the day that Dominic and I were all daisies and butterflies, but we weren't anymore, and honestly, I wasn't surprised.

"What are you so damn afraid of, Annie?"

Then there we were, arguing on the sidewalk with hardly anyone walking by, it was nearly midnight and it felt like the sidewalk was purposely cleared so that Dominic and I could have an argument. So staged and so obvious, right?

"That you'll get talked into cheating on me again, or maybe get manipulated to a point that you'll be your Uncle, or worst. I don't know, fuck!" I answered with flailing arms, my back faced him as I continued to keep walking away from him.

"We're better than all that."

"I can't do it, Dom. I know we won't get back to normal, it's just going to continue!" I argued, stopping dead on my tracks and turned to him as my palm slapped at my chest while holding back my tears. "My heart, Dom, you broke it and I don't know if I can trust you with it again."

"And you broke mine, but I won't lie that I still trust you more than anyone else," He argued back. "Annie, don't tell me you didn't miss me or haven't once thought about me, because you're just lying to yourself."

"I didn't miss you or think about you," I whimpered, my chest ached just saying those words to his face.

"You're lying. I thought about you every night I lie in bed. Our bed, Annie. I fucking miss you like crazy, every time I see you walk by, I wanted to stop you and kiss you."

"Stop it, Dom, just stop!" I waved him away, trying to dismiss him and this argument and his attempts to get me back. I couldn't be with him, no matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't get him involved.

This wasn't how I wanted my date to end, especially with him, but I should have expected it though. The topic was always going to come out sooner or later, unfortunately, it was sooner indeed. It only started because we saw Rebecca James's Father walk pass, even though he didn't acknowledge our presence, his presence slapped me in the face and reminded me from the start that I was angry at Dominic, why I wasn't forgiving him and not forgetting the fact he slept with someone else behind my back.

Then again, I slept with Hamish.

"Annie-"

"Just stop, please-"

"No, listen. I'm begging you to please not push me anymore. I am trying, Annie. I really am. Yes, I fucked up because I didn't see how bad my Uncle was, and yes, he changed me to someone I wasn't to push you away from me, but I can't not have you in my life," He continued to explain himself, slowly coming closer and closer to me standing beneath the light from the street lamp, his face becoming more visible and showed that tears formed at the corners of his eyes. "I'm going to try harder if you let me, Annie. I promise."

How was he able to do that? How was he able to grab my broken heart and pump it back to life again? How was he so capable of making me love him no matter how much I tried not to? How?

"Dominic, shut up." I whimpered as I took that last step towards him, grasped both sides of his face and tiptoed to meet him halfway to slam my lips right onto his, giving him that longing kiss that he's wanted since the start of our date.

The kiss that I wanted.

I could feel the spark, the fireworks and the explosions of emotions surge through my body. I lied when I said I didn't miss me. I lied when I said I didn't think about him.

"I fucking love you, Annie."

I think I know how he does it now.

"I fucking love you too."

Because he's my soulmate.

▁▁▁▁

Author's Note:

Hello my dears,

SPOILER ALERT-

There's a sex scene in the next chapter. Like a legit one. Not like the one I wrote the other time. Haha.
May or may not be this crazy couple.
Or will it?

Dun, dun, dunnnn~

(That's the only spoiler, promise!)

And, well, is it weird if I told you that I wrote this chapter backwards? From end to beginning? Haha! I'm so weird.

x

SDB

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

257K 10.7K 26
Alora and Ronan has been together since high school. They're engaged to be married but they have envious enemies lurking in the shadows. On one of Al...
The Arrangement ☆ द्वारा

रहस्य / थ्रिलर

474K 10.3K 48
𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how much I've had to refrain myself from fuckin...
57.3K 1.5K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...
84.7K 6.4K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...