LABYRINTH | แดœษดแด›ษชสŸ แด…แด€แดกษด. โœ”๏ธŽ

By braeium

(๐‰๐Ž๐’๐‡ ๐–๐€๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐๐†๐“๐Ž๐ ๐— ๐…. ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘) โWhat the hell was that?โž๏ธŽ THE LO... More

LABYRINTH
PLAYLIST โ”๏ธŽโ”๏ธŽ secrets below the surface.
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
EPILOGUE

TWELVE

611 26 2
By braeium

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚 :
DON'T MOVE A MUSCLE

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

SAM WAS POUNDING her fist on the glass door leading to the lodge, screaming her lungs off as the creature lurked behind her. "Guys, are you in there? Let me in!"

     "Sam—"

     Sam turned around with a scream at the new voice, having not seen the trio creeping up on her, "Shit, Mike!" She looked at his appearance, then at her friends who stood behind him, "Oh gosh, you guys look terrible—"

It was true, the three looked rough. Running away from the vicious creature had not done them good. Their clothes had more tears and even more dirt. And they all looked cold, as the water had probably just dried.

"Thanks, Sam." (F/N) sighed, looking behind them to make sure she couldn't see one of the creatures. She couldn't spot anything out of the ordinary for now.

     "Gonna look worse if we stay out here... " Mike urged them all towards the door, "Come on!" Sam then picked up a rock and broke the window, reaching carefully through the broken glass to unlock and open the door. They shut the door behind them, locking it as well. Sam reached forward, turning on the lights to the cabin, only for Mike to immediately switch them off, scolding, "Not good."

     "What do you think we should do?" Sam asked no one in particular. Sam's eyes moved over to Josh, who still looked scattered. But he was tense as all hell, his hand still holding onto the back of (F/N)'s jacket. He couldn't be taken far from the lodge in this state.

     "Did the others make it back safe?" (F/N) inquired, her eyes scanning the interior of the lodge. She couldn't see anyone but them.

     "We should check the basement..." Mike suggested.

     The group made their way to the theater room. Mike and Sam talked while (F/N) told Josh about listening to her. Finally, she noticed Josh's hand which stayed glued to her jacket. She sighed, reaching up and intertwining their hands, "You did good."

     Josh stared down at their joint hands, "I did?"

"Yeah." They entered the theater room after Sam and Mike, "But I might need you to do that again. Just like that."

Josh nodded his head, "...Okay."

     "How do you rate our chances of survival?" (F/N) suddenly heard Sam's question.

     "How morbid." (F/N) joined into the conversation from behind them.

     "I'm trying not to think about it." Mike sighed, only a few steps away from the door leading to the basement where the others were supposed to be hiding.

     But as soon as they made it to the door to the basement hallway, Chris came sprinting out of the hallway, "Go, go, go!"

     "Get outta here, go!" Emily came screaming down the hallway next, rushing them but not stopping to look.

     "Run!" Mike shouted, rushing to follow the group.

     "Josh, come on!" (F/N) reached forward, grabbing the almost catatonic man and dragging him quickly up the stairs.

     Josh looked around the room as he watched Chris stiffen and stand still, then Emily, "Quiet again?" He connected quietly, his body tensing in instinct.

"Yeah!" (F/N) whispered. The two stopped on the bottom floor, kind of near the door of the lodge. The room was silent and tense.

     In the center of the room, hanging on the circular decoration was none other than one of the creatures, that wasn't alone. Two more were walking around the room, searching for any movement.

     Sam came rushing into the room, only to freeze hearing Mike's warning, "Don't... move... don't fucking move a muscle..." His lips barely moved as he said it.

     Suddenly, another of the creatures came leaping onto the stairs, moving quicker than she could blink. It jumped to the bottom, right next to Mike.

     In the center of the room, two of the creatures crouched and stared each other down challengingly. (F/N) wondered if they could tell that they were the same thing and it was some sort of territory thing, or if they had no clue that they were one and the same.

     When they started to jump on each other and claw at the other's tough skin, she figured it was the latter. The two began a vicious fight, one slamming the other into the stairs, breaking them with unbelievable strength, then tossing it across the room, to the fireplace.

     It had broken a gas pipe, and gas started to fly out of it, barely seeable through the disformed pattern of the bricks behind it. The survivors began to find clues in the building, the broken gas pipe, a lightbulb, and light switches.

     Mike and Sam cautiously looked towards (F/N), more specifically Josh. Through Mike's eyes that flickered between her and the door, she understood her new mission: Get Josh outside so that they could try to blow up the house.

     Slowly, Mike began to move. Since the creatures were too distracted with each other, they didn't focus on him. But the creature's fight hastily ended with one of them on top, the other decapitated.

     (F/N) tapped Josh's arm lightly, causing him to cautiously turn to where he could look at her. She looked towards the door, and he caught on after a few seconds.

     Sam took a step on the wrong board, causing a creak to come out. But she managed to still herself when the creature tried to investigate. While the creature was distracted, Mike broke the glass around the lightbulb as quietly as he could.

     Chris rushed out the door, seeing as he was right across from them. Emily slowly crept to the door and then rushed out as well.

     One of the creatures was getting close to Mike, so Sam shouted, "Hey!" To distract it.

     The creature stomped over to Sam, and (F/N) and Josh used the noise of the creature's roar to slowly begin to shuffle their way to the door. And to their luck, they weren't caught. They made it outside into the snow without a further issue.

     (F/N)'s boots crushed the snow beneath it, and she couldn't think of a more perfect sound. She was safe from the creatures, at least, for now. If Mike and Sam's plan failed and the creatures were able to escape, then it would be an entirely new problem of its own.

     Ashley came running out a few seconds later, joining the group in their quiet huddle. Mike was next, he didn't move too close to them, watching inside the lodge to see what would happen. He got a front view of when Sam flicked the switch by the door, and an explosion erupted behind her. She was tossed forward by the blast, landing in the snow with a huff.

     The lodge was burning fast, fire showing through all of its windows and boards. Dark black smoke rose out from it, quickly puddling in the light blue and pink sky. There was a sunrise. It was dawn.

     In the distance, there was a helicopter. It came over and flew above them. They had rescue. They were saved.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

AUTHORS NOTE !

Last chapter is up next.

Posted: January 1, 2024
Words: 1204
Edited: ✘︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 644 17
During the winter of 2014, Gwendolyn Winchester lost her best friend, Beth Washington, and her twin sister, Hannah Washington. Since then, months hav...
4.1K 86 18
2 years after the awful quote-on-quote "PRANK" that Josh had pulled on the group everyone split up. They still talk, but they never meet up with each...
107K 3.2K 15
Kara Swan was devastated when the Washington twins disappeared. She comforted her boyfriend, Josh, as best as she could, but it wasn't enough. Now th...
1.2K 41 20
In which Mercedes Ambrose returns to the mountain where her friends disappeared a year ago Or Where Mercedes Ambrose tries desperately to survive unt...