to have forever | scarlizzie

Da KitKathy520

❝and I'm single in Septemeber when i didn't want to be❞ ━━ A tragic night on Septe... Altro

𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 10

952 48 47
Da KitKathy520

The bike ride to the cafe was quiet. Her school has a late start for two days a week, and on those days, Katelyn would go in for work in the morning. But on the other three days, she works the afternoon shifts. Afternoon shifts are usually boring, not as many people get coffee later in the evening, so most of the time Katelyn spent her time at the counter catching up with homework. She doesn't work Friday or Saturday, and the cafe only opens in the morning on Sunday.

Plus she knew she couldn't exceed her work limit of eight hours per week, or else her boss would definitely force her home, or Kevin would do it for him. She parked her bike outside the backlot, locking it, before walking into the kitchen using the backdoor, where Tammy greeted her with a small smile.

"You're free to go," Katelyn laughed jokingly as she grabbed her apron and signed her name in the sheet, proving that she was not late. Tammy laughed at the joke, shaking their head before getting up from the stool.

"Have a good shift, Kate," Tammy called over their shoulder as they signed themself out and waved Katelyn goodbye before Katelyn found herself alone with three customers when the backdoor slammed shut.

Opening her backpack, Katelyn dug up her history textbook, deciding that reading history textbooks should definitely be the first thing she crossed out. Her notebook was beside her as she wrote down notes in cursive-like handwriting. Everyone had jokingly told her that she would definitely not be a doctor when she grew up, not that Katelyn minded. She didn't really want to be a doctor when she grew up, maybe an actress, but that dream also seems impossible.

When she was done with her history homework, only one customer left, and Katelyn placed her stuff aside as she got up, picking up the plates and cup and going into the back, placing it in the sink for later.

When Katelyn got back on the counter, she opened up math. Better get it over with then doing it later...

She was halfway through her biology homework when the bell rang, signaling the arrival of customers. Katelyn glanced up, a smile subconsciously appearing on her face when she saw Scarlett and Lizzie walking through the door. She closed her textbook with her pencil still in it to mark her spot, before placing her notebook on top of that. She stood up, walking towards the register. "Hey! What can I get you guys today?"

"Just the usual," Scarlett smiled, and Katelyn nodded, typing it in as she took the card handed to her by Scarlett, swiping it and handing it back to the actress. She quickly grabbed two cups, watching as another customer left, followed by the other one, leaving Katelyn alone in the store with the two actresses.

She made their drinks quietly, glancing up occasionally. "Isn't it too late to be having caffeine?"

"Isn't it too late for you to be working," Lizzie shot back jokingly, and Katelyn laughed.

"Good point. But this is my last shift of the week so... doesn't really matter."

Katelyn worked quickly, and when the coffees were done, she placed it on the counter, handing it to both Scarlett and Lizzie.

"Enjoy your drink," she smiled, and watched as Lizzie took a sip, looking satisfied. Scarlett leaned casually against the counter, fidgeting with her fingers. Katelyn raised her eyebrow at her. "Penny of your thoughts?"

Scarlett snapped out of whatever trace she was in, and Lizzie seemed to give her an encouraged look. Katelyn glanced between them, wondering what the hell would they want to tell her that would make them that nervous.

"We saw your tiktok," Scarlett blurted out instead, and Katelyn wanted to laugh at that. They want to tell her they've seen her tiktok? What's so scary about that fact?

"Okay?" Katelyn leaned slightly over the counter.

Scarlett glanced at Lizzie again, before speaking up again. "I just want to say that those cosplays are amazing. Like I would definitely believe you if you say that I was staring at myself performing those."

A blush formed on Katelyn's cheeks at those compliments she is receiving. "Thank you. I mean I honestly just started that for fun. The most recent series is the one I've actually been trying to establish a plot and make it movie-like."

"Whoever films that is amazing," Lizzie commented. Katelyn beamed up, nodding along.

"I know, I've been telling James that. But he wouldn't believe me! He is definitely downplaying his skills too much, I mean I know he wants to go to film school, but he doesn't believe the fact that he could get in," Katelyn rolled her eyes at that thought.

Lizzie let out a small chuckle, taking another sip of her coffee. "I think he just needs the right push." There was a pause, before Lizzie glanced up again. "Have you considered becoming an actress?"

"Definitely," Katelyn laughed. "But I don't really think it's a possibility at the moment. I think Heather and Leo want me to finish at least my high school diploma before I run off to an unstable job that might not get me the monthly money I will need in the real world, as they called it. I think they want me to take their spot in their company, which I do not want to do, and now I'm definitely talking too much. Sorry, I tend to spill my life stories to random people the later in the night it gets."

Scarlett nodded in understanding, and Katelyn felt a surge of warmth when Lizzie placed her hand on top of hers on the counter. "Don't worry about it! Would love to hear your dreams for the future. I mean, there aren't really any other places we're supposed to be."

"Plus you could definitely use the company," Scarlett added teasingly, gesturing to the empty cafe. "Don't want you all alone at night."

"Used to it," Katelyn shrugged. "But I enjoy your company. And we'll be closing in a few more minutes so you guys can stay. Make yourself comfortable while I clean up those plates first."

Scarlett and Lizzie nodded, and they sat at the table nearest to the counter. Katelyn worked quietly, picking up the cups and plates and going into the kitchen, turning on the water in the sink and washing the dirty dishes. She found herself glancing out of the kitchen every now and then, wondering why the hell would the two actresses want to even talk to her, or even wait for her. Her own adoptive parents don't show her that much care, and now came two complete strangers in her life that worried more about safety than her parents? It just seems too good to be true.

On her way out, Katelyn found herself shoving her notebook and textbooks back into her backpack before she walked towards Lizzie and Scarlett, who seemed to be talking in quiet whispers.

"All done?" Scarlett questioned. Katelyn nodded, and thanked Lizzie when she pulled out a chair for her to sit in. "Who's Heather and Leo? I mean you mentioned them, and they seem like your parents, but I don't want to assume..."

Katelyn shifted uncomfortably in her seat, and she shrugged. Lizzie placed her hand on top of hers again, and Katelyn didn't hesitate to let her. "You don't have to tell us if you're not comfortable. We're just wondering why your parents want you to work at such an early age."

"Well, technically they're my adoptive parents. And calling them mom and dad sounds too permanent and real, and they're more like guardians than parents, so it doesn't really matter," Katelyn played it off, ignoring the other part of Lizzie's sentence. They don't need to know that work is the only thing that takes her mind off unnecessary thoughts, that work is better than being stuck in her head.

What they don't know won't hurt them. Plus people leave, it's just a matter of fact before Scarlett and Lizzie move back to LA or move on to other places to continue filming. People leave. It's just a fact.

"You're adoptive?" Scarlett questioned, the same time Lizzie whispered sincerely. "I'm sorry". The latter shot Scarlett a look, who for once looked sheepish.

"Sorry, that was a stupid question," Scarlett muttered.

"I mean yeah, I am adoptive. If our face features don't say anything, our skills set definitely does," Katelyn joked, before turning to the two actresses. "So what brings the two of you to New York? Filming? Visiting? Traveling?"

Lizzie glanced around.

"I swear I don't have Kevin Feige hidden in the kitchen," Katelyn blurted out. Lizzie froze, and Scarlett laughed, causing Lizzie to laugh as well. And before long, Katelyn was laughing too, and she managed to say between laughter. "I mean, it was a joke, and we do have a Kevin working here. But you can check if you want."

Lizzie shook her head, chuckling. "No need. I trust you. And yeah, we're here for filming."

"Multiverse of madness?" Katelyn questioned, glancing between the two of them.

"I neither confirm nor deny," Lizzie held up her hands, before turning to Scarlett. "I mean if she guessed everything but I neither confirm nor deny, will I get fired?"

Scarlett rolled her eyes, leaning forward to peck her girlfriend's lips. Katelyn watched them, wondering what it would be like for someone to look at her the way Scarlett is looking at Lizzie. "Stop overthinking. And if you don't confirm anything, no one can fire you. And like Katelyn here said, Kevin Feige is not hidden in her fridge."

"Kitchen," Katelyn corrected, Lizzie giggled.

"Fine, you can take a guess."

Katelyn glanced between the two of them. "Okay, so you're both here filming for Multiverse of Madness. But since Natasha went Splatasha-" Scarlett coughed, and Katelyn glanced over. "-non offense. But based on the recent trailer, Wanda is going all Scarlet witchy and stuff to find her children, so she'll probably be the villain, a hot one at least-" Katelyn chose to ignore Lizzie's blush at that. She was simply stating facts. "-and since Natasha is dead, maybe they'll see some sort of variant of Natasha in another universe and that's why Scarlett is here. Or you might just be here cause you're like the supportive girlfriend."

Scarlett and Lizzie glanced between each other, but Katelyn couldn't really tell what messages were going on between the two of them as she continued, getting more and more excited as she continued to talk about it.

"So then, Wanda gave up on the thoughts of her children after like something happened, and she forgets all about Vision, because fuck that toaster-" Scarlett coughed again, muttering a 'you stole my line', Katelyn simply laughed before she continued. "And decided that she's absolutely in love with Natasha and the two of them kiss, and Wandanat forever."

Katelyn grinned, glancing between Scarlett and Lizzie again, who refused to say anything. "What do you think?"

"I get that you're a huge Wandanat fan," Scarlett laughed. "And yes, as Natasha would say, fuck that toaster."

Lizzie pouted, rolling her eyes. "You two are siding together over your bound hatred for Vision, who is the love of Wanda's life?"

Katelyn shared a look with Scarlett, before the two of them both nodded. "Yes."

"This is betrayal, Scar. Betrayal," Lizzie crossed her arms.

"I personally believe Vision minds wipe Wanda, because he's jealous that Natasha was actually the love of Wanda's life, and he wants to be the only one," Katelyn piped up. "And that's why WandaVision was created instead of WandaNat."

Scarlett high fived her, and Katelyn giggled when Lizzie pouted again. "Okay, you have no proof of that."

"Natasha and Vision are probably fighting over Wanda in the afterworld," Scarlett added, giving Lizzie a pointed look. "And Natasha is definitely kicking Vision's ass."

"Language in the presence of children," Lizzie glanced at Katelyn, who in turn rolled her eyes, purposely saying a "fuck yeah!" in response to Scarlett's statement.

Lizzie gave her a look that Katelyn would almost describe as motherly. "Language, Katelyn."

"Yes, mom," Katelyn dragged out the word. She failed to see the look that passed between Scarlett and Lizzie again, like a secret message only the tw of them understood. Katelyn suddenly glanced at her watch, seeing it strike eight. "And I should definitely close up. See you guys next week?"

Katelyn stood up, pushing the chair in. Lizzie frowned, glancing at the sky. "Are you sure it isn't too dark for you to walk home?"

"I bike," Katelyn stated simply.

Lizzie raised an eyebrow. "Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"I mean I can't exactly drive so..."

"We can get you home," Scarlett suggested, after seeing the look Lizzie was throwing her way. Katelyn glanced between them.

"Are you sure?" She questioned. "Because you really don't need to trouble yourself. I bike home like this almost every night, and it's fine. Plus I need my bike, so I can't leave it here."

Lizzie shrugged. "Seriously, it's fine. We can put it in the truck."

Katelyn glanced at Lizzie again, seeing the look of determination in her eyes, and knowing she probably wouldn't drop it anytime soon. "Okay, fine. You guys can drive me home. I just need to lock up first."

Going to the counter, Katelyn grabbed the key to the front door, locking the main entrance between getting her backpack, gesturing for Lizzie and Scarlett to follow her out through the backdoor. After they were both out, Katelyn locked it behind them, finding the key to her bike and unlocking that as well.

The walk to the car was pretty quiet, but it wasn't as awkward as Katelyn would've thought it would be. It was a good quiet. When they made it to the car, Scarlett helped her with the bike while Lizzie went to the front to start up the car.

When they were sure it was secure, Scarlett closed the truck and Katelyn got into the backseat, glancing around in curiosity. She could cross out "ride in a celebrity's car" off her non-existence list of life goals.

"I can't believe Elizabeth Olsen is driving me to my house," Katelyn muttered, and she heard Lizzie's chuckle in the front seat. She had quickly driven off after Katelyn gave her the address. Scarlett glanced back.

"Are you doing okay back there?"

"Great!" Katelyn exclaimed, looking around again. "Just trying to get over the fact that I'm sittin in the car of Scarlett Johansson and Elizabeth Olsen. And that Rose and Cosmo have probably been in this car, and that would be super cool, because they are super cool."

Scarlett laughed, glancing back to the front. "Yeah, Rose reminds me of you."

Katelyn raised an eyebrow, even though she knew Scalrett would probably not see it. "Yeah? In what ways?"

"The way your eyes would light up when you talk about something you like," Scarlett shrugged. Katelyn glanced out of the window, watching the familiar streets pass by as the rest of the ride was in silence. Before long, Lizzie was taking the familiar turn and Katelyn found herself wishing the ride was never over. It was peaceful, something she actually enjoys for once, allowing Scarlett and Lizzie's easy conversations to put her at ease.

Before Katelyn got out of the car, someone's phone rang, and Lizzie pulled into a parking spot. Katelyn looked for her phone. "Not mine."

"It's mine," Scarlett muttered, her eyes seeming to be glued to the screen. A look was exchanged between Scarlett and Lizzie. "I need to take this."

"I'll help you with your bike," Lizzie smiled at Katelyn, but even her smile looked a little forced now. Katelyn wondered who was on the other line of that call that seemed to dull the easy feeling atmosphere. She got off the car, thanking Lizzie as she grabbed her bike, waving goodbye to the actress. But before she could go, Katelyn found herself being pulled into Lizzie's embrace, which was definitely the best hug she had ever gotten in her life so far...

"Stay safe," Lizzie stated. And Katelyn let out a joking laugh.

"I'm always safe."

Lizzie rolled her eyes, before giving Katelyn a gentle nudge towards her apartment complex. She gave Lizzie a small wave before walking into the lobby, leaving the two actresses behind.

A smile lingered on her face all the way until the elevator reached her floor, and she noticed light coming out from under her apartment. Through the chaos that was her day, she forgot about Heather and Leo coming home.

Oh gosh...

Her bedroom was definitely not as clean as she would have liked it, and Katelyn was sure that she cleaned up after the whole thing with James... She didn't change the sheets in Heather and Leo's room though, and there definitely wasn't any groceries in her fridge...

Fuck.

Ground, now would be a good time to swallow me up...

But of course Katelyn never got what she wanted, because she slowly unlocked her door, opening it slowly and slipping it, putting her bike by the door and taking off her shoes. The shower was on in the master bedroom, and Leo was the only one in the living room. The TV was on... and he doesn't look too happy.

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

Scarlett glanced at the number on her phone, a number she had long memorized in case there was any new lead on her daughter. And now almost fifteen years later, the number was ringing again. She was almost scared to pick it up. "This better not be a fucking prank because I swear to god if it is-"

"It's not," the private investigator she had hired, Leanna, was definitely not one for jokes. "I believe I've found a lead. Do you think we can schedule a meeting soon? I don't want to go over anything on the phone."

Scarlett was still in shock when Lizzie got back into the car, staring at her with her mouth agape. "Yeah, yeah. I'll text you. Thanks for calling."

"Of course," Leanna sounded sincere. "And for both of our sakes, I hope this lead is real this time."

Then she hung up. Lizzie glanced at her. "What did she say?"

"They have a lead," Scarlett whispered. "She said she has a lead on our daughter's whereabouts, or like a kidnapper, or you know, our daughter. We might find her again."

"We might find her," Lizzie mumbled the word, hoping with all of her heart that it was true. Because she doesn't think she'll survive if Scarlett pulls away once more. 

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

sorry for the wait... but shit is about to get serious- 

I guess in a way this is where the real plot starts. also, updates would probably be once or twice a week from now on, but the chapter will be longer than they were before!

would love to hear your thoughts on the story so far! <3

- Kathy

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
269K 8.7K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
142K 4.4K 47
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
993K 17.8K 80
"ᴵ'ᵐ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵍᵘʸ ˢⁱᵉⁿⁿᵃ, ʳᵉᵐᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ. ᴵ ᵈᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ, ᴵ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ. ᴬⁿᵈ ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ʸᵒᵘ." 𝘚𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢...