Endless Love

Από Somesunshine1

This is the third and final book of my Gelphie series Endless Love. Elphaba has regained her memories, and no... Περισσότερα

A New Beginning
Glinda's Garden
What Happened at the Gazebo
Fallout
Alone
An Unexpected Trip
The Emerald Palace
A Visit From Jake
A Run in with an Ex
Caught in the Act
An Explanation for Lerena
Admitting Mistakes and Asking Forgiveness
A Surprise for Elphaba
Reunited
Highmuster
Good News!
Waking Glinda
A Night on the Town
Glinda's Request
Shopping and Lunch
Panicked!
An Anonymous Letter
Misunderstanding and Confusion
Are We Still Together?
The Last Straw
Regretting What Was Said
Never Gonna Let You Go
Forkroot
Tea Time
Seeking Permission
Persistent
Masquerade Preparations
Masquerade
Secret Meetings
Surprise Proposal
Witness to Love
Blast From the Past
Discussing the Party
Telling the Parents
Embarrassed
Choosing a Season
Let the Planning Begin
Like a Daughter
Finding the Perfect Gown
Dressage and Dresses
Uncomfortable Experiences
Dodging Glinda
A Restless Night
Changed Plan
Unexpected Guests and a Gift
A Father's Memories

Bridal Shower.... No!

135 7 14
Από Somesunshine1

(Glinda's POV)

I have been looking for Elphie all day, and I haven't been able to find her! It's like she has just vanished because nobody else has seen her either. I am beginning to wonder if she is avoiding me. Though I can't imagine why.

After tromping through the woods to that stupid clearing Elphie loves only to find that she was not there irritates me to no end, but as I get closer to the house I notice a carriage parked in front and realize it's Momsie. Feeling frustrated and wanting someone I can spill my woes to, I start over towards her. When I get closer however I slow when I see none other than Elphie coming around from the other side carrying some bags. "Why in Oz does she have bags?"

Momsie and Elphie look up as I draw closer to them. "Hello Glinda, dear." Momsie says with a smile. "How was your day?"

"Hello Momsie!" I smile in return and then give Elphie a pointed look ignoring Momsie's question. "Hello to you too, you mean green thing!"

Elphie quirks her brow in surprise. "Hello, my sweet. May I inquire as to why you seem perturbed with me?"

"Why am I perturbed with you? You have the audacity to ask me that?" I angrily said glaring at Elphie.

She glances at Momsie and nods a little when she looks back at me. "Well, yes."

Tossing my hair over I give a huff. "I have been looking for you all day concerning something to do with our wedding, which is at the end of the week in case you have forgotten!"

"No, I haven't forgotten," she says calmly, and takes a step towards me, and I glare at her, crossing my arms. "If you haven't forgotten, and haven't been avoiding me, then tell me just where you have been."

"Where have I been?" Elphie repeats, and I nod. "Yes, where you have been."

"Glinda, dear," Momsie says, coming over to me. "Elphaba has been with me."

"With you, but you went to town." I'm surprised and then upset as I whirl around to Elphie again. "You went to town, but didn't let me know or accompany you?" Elphie takes a step back. "How could you be so selfish as to not let me go with you?"

"I'm sorry, my sweet, but it was a last minute decision, and you were still asleep. I didn't want to disturb you as you seemed so peaceful. I see now I should have at least left you a note." Elphie says shifting the bags she was holding so they were all in one hand, and takes one of my hands in hers. "As for not taking you with me, I felt it would be hard to purchase a special gift for you if you were with me."

I blink at her dumbfounded. "You went to town to get me a gift?" She nodded with a shy smile. "Yes I did, but I also had a couple of books to pick up as well, so it wasn't solely to get a gift for you."

"I wish you would have told me you were leaving at least, so I didn't worry. I'm afraid I caused quite a stir looking for you." I admit, embarrassed at the memory of bursting in on Popsicle and Master Oakwood.

"Dare I ask?" Elphie says quirking a brow.

"No," I shake my head, "but I will tell you anyway."

"Perhaps, my girls," Momsie says walking towards the house, "we can hear what has happened over some tea in the conservatory after we take care of our purchases." She smiles at Elphie and I.

"I think that is a splendiferous idea, Momsie! Then you and Elphie can tell me all about your trip to town." I grin, looping my arm through Elphie's, and kiss her cheek.

Elphie smiles at me. "It would be nice to have a bite to eat while we hear you tell of your day." She then gives Momsie a look with a half smirk. "Then you will hear about the trip to town, but you are not allowed to ask any questions about your gift or where it came from." She looks back at me and gives that wicked grin of hers when I pout. "But that's not fair! Besides, I wasn't going to ask anything about it anyways!" I huff crossing my arms over my chest.

(Lerena's POV)

"So let me get this straight, you barged into your father's office searching for Elphie while he was in the middle of a meeting?" I chuckle in disbelief.

"Well, I didn't know he had a meeting!" Glinda counters and takes a sip of her tea. "Besides, it was a logical place to look as Elphie and Popcicle often sit there and play chess and talk about boring, stuffy things."

"Our talks are hardly stuffy, my sweet." Elphie chuckles with a half smirk. "We have educated conversations about the economic state of the Upper Lands, as well as discuss various business strategies to help improve your father's business."

"Like I said stuffy things." Glinda makes a face. "That was always something I detested doing when I was the ruler. It is all so boring!" She yawns for emphasis, and Elphie and I chuckle.

"All that boring stuffy work that your father does is what has provided this family with the comfortable life we have now." I remind her.

Sighing, Glinda leans against Elphie. "I know, but it's still boring." She shrugs, and then tells about how she went tramping through the woods to find the clearing that Elphie often goes to. "By the time I got to the clearing, my feet were so sore, and I was very hot and sweaty only to discover you weren't there!' She takes Elphie's hand and begins to trace circles on her palm and gets a look on her face like she is pouting.

Elphie looks at Glinda amused. "Well, I am so sorry I wasn't there when you got there." Says still watching her before she gently pulls Glinda's entwined hand to her lips and kisses it. "I will try to be there next time."

This causes Glinda to pull her hand away and smack Elphie's shoulder. "You horrid, mean green thing! I have no intention of tramping through the woods for you or anyone else! I'll have you know I ruined a perfectly good pair of shoes on that little trek!"

"I will buy you a new pair." Elphie smiles a little and chuckles when Glinda shoves her and glares at her trying to look angry with her. "Speaking of buying me things, how was your trip to town?" Glinda asks both of us.

"I am sure your Mother's trip was more eventful than mine." Elphie says, and when Glinda gives her a questioning look she explains. "I spent the day in the back room of Dr. Bek's practice. I had to use his apothecary table, and some of his supplies to mix my oils and some ointments as my supply is getting low."

"You said you had to pick something up for me though!" Glinda whines at her. Elphie gives a chuckle and boops her nose. "I did, but I got held up at Dr. Bek's so I had your mother get it for me."

Glinda narrows her eyes at Elphie with an unsure look that crosses her features. "Show me what you mixed up." I was taking a sip of tea and paused slightly, my gaze flickering between the two, thankfully unnoticed by Glinda, and slightly surprised that Elphie didn't drop her composure.

"Alright," Elphie says as she rises. "Give me a moment, and I shall go get them." As she heads out the door she gives me a quick glance, and I give a slight nod.

"Momsie?" I hear Glinda say less than five minutes after Elphie leaves the room, and look over at her. "Yes, dear?" I ask, giving her my full attention.

"I know the wedding is less than a week away, but I was wondering if we could have a bridal shower?"

"A bridal shower?" I am slightly surprised she asked, but then again, I am more surprised she didn't ask sooner.

"Well, yes," she nods, and goes on quickly, "I got one when I married Chuffery, and Elphie has never had the chance to experience that." I go to say something, but Glinda continues on. "I know we won't be able to have a huge bridal shower like I had before, but a small one with the staff, and some close family friends should be sufficient enough for a decent bridal shower. Don't you think, Momsie? It will be so much fun! Games, gifts, food, and festivities!" She giggles, looking at me as she tilts her head and grins.

I am quiet for a moment thinking about how I want to word my response. "Glinda, darling," I say looking at her, "while I think a bridal shower is a lovely idea, and I am sure everyone would like that, but…"

"But what? You just said it was a good idea!" Glinda's eyes go wide a little, then she looks confused, and I smile a little at her. "Glinda, think of who you are marrying."

"I am thinking of Elphie, and the fact she hasn't ever had a bridal shower!" Glinda rolls her eyes as she responds.

"I know you are, but think some more as you tell me about Elphaba, and her personality." I coax.

"Well, Elphie is smart, very kind and caring. She doesn't really like confrontations, but doesn't have an issue informing you if she disagrees with you. She isn't one that likes to be the center of attention, and is mostly an introvert …." Glinda drug out introvert and realization showed in her eyes as it dawned on her what I was trying to tell her. "Oh, Momsie! How could I ever think that a Bridal Shower would be something my Elphie would enjoy? She will be positively embarrassed and so uncomfortable!" She began to sob. "I am the worst fiance ever!"

Moving to sit beside her I place an arm around her. "Now, Glinda, you are not-"

"Yes I am! I wanted to throw her a party!" She wails loudly.

"Glinda, darling, that still does not make you the worst fiance ever. Look at me!" I say, tilting her face to look at me. "You got over excited, and wanted to share with her the joy you had, but in your excitement you forgot that Elphaba isn't into parties, least of all the surprise ones." I give her a smile. "Now dry your tears, Elphaba should be back any moment now."  No sooner did I say that then Elphaba walked back carrying a small wooden box with six vials inside. "Sorry it took me so long. I had to-" Elphaba sees Glinda, still leaning into me, and suddenly looks alarmed. "Glinda! What's wrong?" She asks quickly moving towards us, taking a seat beside Glinda as she sets the box down.

Glinda turns slightly and then throws herself against Elphaba. "I'm sorry, Elphie! I am so sorry! I wasn't thinking, and I know now that you wouldn't actually enjoy it." Glinda continues to sob, clinging to Elphaba.

"Glinda, what wouldn't I enjoy?" Elphie tries again, and this time Glinda responds, "A bridal shower! I wanted to give you one, and in my excitement I didn't stop to think that you wouldn't enjoy having one!" She cries harder. Elphaba furrows her brow in confusion. "Why would you think I would want, let alone enjoy, a bridal shower? Especially since you know I am allergic to water?" I chuckle, and so does Glinda.

"Oh, Elphie!" Glinda says after a moment. "I love you, and you are so very smart, but sometimes your lack of knowledge when it comes to some things is amusing."

"I'm so glad I could humor you. Now mind telling me what is so amusing?" Elphaba looked slightly annoyed, and Glinda burst out laughing even more when she saw the look Elphaba had on her face.

"Elphaba, darling, Glinda, was not referring to an actual." I told her.

"She wasn't?"

"No." I give her a smile. "A bridal shower is a party often thrown in honor of a bride before she gets married."

"Oh… I see…" She says slowly, and looks down at Glinda. "You wanted to throw a party for me?"

"Uh huh." Glinda nods and smiles. "I realize though after thinking about it that it wouldn't be practical."

"Not in the least." Elphaba smiles a little, and kisses Glinda's forehead.

I sit and listen for a few  minutes before excusing myself. "You two ladies, have a good rest of the evening." With that I exit leaving the two to chat quietly.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

19.7K 368 23
STARTED: August 31, 2018 FINISHED: January 19, 2019 BOOK ONE: If I'm Lucky BOOK TWO: Think About You BOOK THREE: Endlessly BOOK FOUR: ROLLERCOASTER R...
220 0 29
Everyone has a soulmate, but what happens when she has three. unfortunately I am unable to think of what else to write so it ends abruptly.
15.5K 728 38
This is a Sequal to Memories of a Witch. This is Elphaba's struggle to remember who she is. I do not own any of the charactors. They belong to Gregor...
48.5K 2.4K 84
This story takes place a year after the amazing musical Wicked. Elphaba decides to go back and see Glinda. But trouble arises. New friends are made. ...