Twisted Wonderland Book 1: Th...

Par PinkiePieSweets

Briar and her friends are beginning their first day at Night Raven College, but Ace shows up unexpectedly wit... Plus

Chapter 1: The Desperate Heart
Chapter 2: A Misappropriated Tart
Chapter 3: Garden Decoration
Chapter 4: Student Multiplication
Chapter 5: A Class Escape
Chapter 6: A Carbonara Scrape
Chapter 7: A Traditional Lesson
Chapter 8: The Legendary Seven
Chapter 10: A Garden Spat
Chapter 11: Secret in the Oysters
Chapter 12: Egg Destroyers
Chapter 13: Past Improprieties
Chapter 14: Delicious Varieties
Chapter 15: An Army of One
Chapter 16: Hard Work Undone
Chapter 17: A Rule Slip
Chapter 18: A Surprise Tip
Chapter 19: Punishment Escalation
Chapter 20: Rookie Frustration
Chapter 21: A Duel Ill-Advised
Chapter 22: Soundly Chastised
Chapter 23: Magic Unchecked
Chapter 24: An Unhinged Prefect
Chapter 25: A Sad Little Child
Chapter 26: Feelings Reconciled
Chapter 27: Five Second Rule
Chapter 28: Finale for Heartslabyul

Chapter 9: A Mealtime Chat

82 2 0
Par PinkiePieSweets

Seeing the housewarden, Riddle Rosehearts, leave Ace in shock, "Bwah?! Housewarden!"

Cater nervously smiles and waves to him, "Hey, Riddle! What's shakin', pal? You're lookin' adorbs, as always!"

"Hmph," Riddle replies, "Cater, keep running that mouth and you'll lose it - along with the rest of your head."

"Sorry, sorry! My bad!" Cater apologizes.

Seeing the Hearthslabyul housewarden, Grim becomes angry, "Myah?! You're the guy who put that stupid collar on me at the orientation ceremony!"

"After the fiasco you've caused," Briar says in thought.

Riddle turns to see Briar and Grim, "And you're the new students who were nearly expelled yesterday. I'll ask that you not refer to my signature spell as a stupid collar. The headmage's habit of tolerating rulebreakers like you is going to send this entire campus spiraling into chaos one day. Those who break the rules should have their heads removed immediately, without exception."

"Don't you think that sounded a little too harsh?" Briar questions.

"Dude, seriously? This guy looks like a wimp, but talks like a monster!" Ace softly says to himself.

But Riddle says to the group, "The headmage may have forgiven you, but if you break any further rules, I assure you I will not."

He then notices Sereia, Jasper, Tanzanite, and Trinket.

"Hmm, and it appears that you have required more students into your dorm," Riddle replies.

Briar nods her head, "Yes. They become fellow students and roommates at the Ramshackle Dorm. The doll girl is Sereia. The little fairy is Trinket, and these two are the twins, Jasper and Tanzanite. Headmage Crowley gave them all permission to come to the school, and as their housewarden, I need to watch over them."

Then sternly turns to Grim, "And to keep them from getting into trouble."

"What are you looking at me?" Grim questions.

"Because we almost got in trouble because of the trouble you caused," Sereia sternly says.

"What do you say you puny little doll?!" Grim angrily says.

Then Sereia whines, "I'm not puny."

"Alright you two, that's enough. We agreed to not argue or get ourselves into trouble," Briar calmly says.

"Okay," Sereia says with a smile.

Grim groans and says, "Fine."

Ace rubs the back of his head and asks, "So, uh, listen, housewarden, sir... Any chance I could get you to remove this collar?

"I had intended to remove it once you'd taken an opportunity to reflect upon your crimes. But I've not detected so much as a hint of remorse in the foolishness I've heard you spout today. So I think I'll let you keep that for a while. Don't worry. The freshman curriculum is more focused on magical theory than practice. And your inability to use magic will help prevent incidents along the lines of what happened yesterday. Now, if you've finished your meal, you should quit gossiping and prepare for your next class. Rule 271 is quite clear: 'One must leave the table within fifteen minutes of completing their lunch.' You DO understand what happens to rulebreakers, I trust?

Ace sighs and says, "More insane rules..."

"I believe you mean to say, 'Yes, Housewarden!'" Riddle sternly says.

Deuce and Ace answer, "Yes, Housewarden!"

Briar says in thought, "Is he supposed to be a housewarden or a general?"

"Very well, then," Riddle replies.

Then Trey says, "Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on them.

Hmm. As vice housewarden, I trust you'll avoid any further indiscreet conversation," Riddle says to Trey, "Now, as per rule 339... 'The post-meal beverage is to be lemon tea with two sugar cubes.' Thus, I must go to acquire my sugar cubes. Farewell."

He then mutters, "Don't even get me started on their violation of running out of sugar cubes...!"

Then Riddle leaves the group as everyone stares at him. He then stops and turns his head, and looks at Briar.

He then calmly says, "A word of advice Ms. Briar Hawthorne, from one perfect to another, it would be best for you to keep the residents of your dorm in line, especially the cat who has been unruly and disrespectful from causing any more trouble." Then continues to walk away

Suddenly, Briar begins to hear dripping sounds, causing her to softly gasp. She suddenly has a weird vision in her mind. Two drops of some black ooze fall to the floor and pool together to become one. She looks around to hear the dripping sounds and to have this feeling that makes her a little uneasy.

Tanzanite notices it and asks, "Briar, are you okay?"

Briar shakes her head and says, "Oh, I'm okay. I guess I must have spaced out for a minute there."

"You sure? You're looking a bit pale," Tanzanite says.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine," Briar replies.

Just then, she hears Cater say, "Yeesh! That was terrifying."

"That guy... has some serious issues," Grim replies.

And Deuce scolds Grim, "Hey, don't disrespect him!"

Sereia then hugs Briar's arm as she says, "He is kind of scary."

"And takes the rules really seriously," Briar replies.

Suddenly, Briar and the others hear, "Is the housewarden gone?"

The group turn their heads to see two Heartslabyul students talking and they have lunch, and look nervous.

The second student nervously says, "I totally just broke rule 186, 'Never eat a hamburger on Tuesday.' I don't know what I would have done if he'd caught me!" He sighs and says, "... I wish he wouldn't come here so we could at least eat lunch in peace."

Cater and Trey look a bit uneasy after hearing it."

Then notices the Ramshackle Dorm group look deeply concerned.

Then Trey says, "Riddle managed to secure the housewarden title before the end of his very first week at school. I know he can come off a bit harsh, but he's not a bad guy. Everything he does, he does because he thinks it'll improve the dorm."

"Would a good guy go around putting collars on strangers' necks?" Grim says, bitterly.

"Heh heh..." Cater and Trey nervously reply.

Briar sighs and calmly says, "Grim, in case you forgot, it was your fault for going crazy during the ceremony."

Grim growls and says, "Grrrrr... But that collar really hurt, and it shut off all my magic! That's just rude!"

Ignoring Grim's anger, Briar turns to Cater and asks, "And seconds: what's this 'signature spell' he mentioned?"

"Hm? You're curious about Riddle's signature spell?" Cater replies.

"Signature spell? What does that mean?" Sereia asks.

Decue then replies, "That means, like... It's a spell that only he can cast, right?"

"I doubt he's the only person in the whole world..." Trey says, adjusting his glasses.

Then says, "But yes, a signature spell is a magical ability that is, generally speaking, unique to its user. You'll learn about them in class soon enough.

"Riddle's signature spell allows him to temporarily seal away the magic of another. The spell is named..." Cater explains.

He then remembers Riddle saying, "Off With Your Head!"

That brings shivers to Grim's spine as he freaks out, "Even the name is completely psycho!"

"To a mage, losing the ability to use magic is about as painful as losing your head completely. Which is why all of us at Heartslabyul House try hard not to violate Riddle's rules," Cater adds.

Then Trey says, "And as long as you are following the rules, Riddle isn't so scary."

The group listen to Cater and Trey's explanation, and look at each other in concern. They are deeply concerned about how Riddle runs his dorm.

That's when Ace remembers, and asks, "Speaking of which - are you still not gonna let me into the dorm until I buy a tart, Cater?"

"Don't me, but... yeah. That's rule 53, so my hands are tied." Cater answers, "Also, Riddle always looks forward to having the first slice of a tart. So if you want him to forgive you, you had better bring a whole tart!"

Briar giggles and says, "I didn't know Riddle has a bit of a sweet tooth."

"Yeah. I guess he likes sweets," Tanzanite says.

Trey and Cater begin laughing a bit.

"What happened to 'We're all from the same dorm, let's try to get along?' Throw me a bone here!" Ace questions.

"That's one thing. This is another," Cater replies.

Then Deuce says, "A whole tart has gotta be pretty expensive."

"You're right, sweets can get expensive depending on who made it, what ingredients they used, and to have it brought here," Briar says.

Ace is in shock, "Seriously? I don't have that much money!"

Then Briar has an idea, "I know, maybe we can make a tart instead."

"How am I supposed to do that? I don't know how to make one," Ace asks.

Then Cater says, "Actually, Briar has a pretty good idea. You should make one yourself. Trey made those three tarts by hand, after all."

"Wow, that's amazing! " Sereia says.

"It certainly is," Briar adds.

"You made those tarts, Trey?" Ace asks in surprise.

And says in amazement, " That's incredible! That was like something you'd find at a bakery!"

"Heh. I appreciate that," Trey replies.

Then says, "We do have most of the stuff you'd need, but... I'm afraid I'll need something from you in return.

"You're gonna charge me to make it?! What kinda racket...?!" Ace asks.

But Trey says, "Nah, I wouldn't take money from a freshman! But Riddle wants a chestnut tart next, so I'm gonna need you to gather a ton of chestnuts."

"Like that's any less of a hassle. But... fine," Ace says, rubbing the back of his head.

He then asks, "How many do you need?""

"Well, it's for the unbirthday party, so... Probably two or three hundred?" Trey says.

Deuce, Grim, and Jasper say in shock, "Did you say HUNDRED?!"

"That's an awful lot of chestnuts for tarts," Tanzanite replies.

"Yeah. How many tarts are you making?" Jasper questions.

"Well if it's going to be for a party, I suspect quite a few," Briar says.

"You are correct, Briar. And they're all gonna need to be boiled, shelled, and pureed," Trey replies.

Suddenly, Grim says, "Alright, I'm gonna head out."

"I'm leaving too," Deuce replies.

"Yeah. I'm gonna leave," Jasper adds.

Hearing them planning to leave, Ace angrily shouts, "You heartless cowards!"

Before anyone can leave, Cater says, "Hold up! Haven't you ever heard that food tastes better if you make it with your friends? This'll be a memory to treasure! It could even be your chance to make a splash as a cooking blogger!"

"Don't tell Riddle, but chestnut tarts are at their tastiest when eaten right out of the oven. And the only people who get to experience that culinary privilege are the ones who make it," Trey says.

Then Grim says, "Well, when you put it that way... Come on, gang, let's do this!"

"You sure change your tune quickly," Sereia says, giggling.

"But I have to admit, making a tart can be fun and I can also use that camera Crowly gave me," Briar says.

"Yeah. it sounds like fun," Tanzanite says.

Jasper nods his head, "I suppose if Jasper is going to do it, I should too."

Trinket twinkles and rings in reply as she nods her head.

"So it's settled, we're all going to help Ace and Trey make some chestnut tarts," Briar says.

Then Jasper asks, "Where can we find chestnuts, anyway?"

"I heard there's a whole bunch of chestnut trees in the woods behind the campus's botanical garden," Trey answers.

"Cool. Plan made. Let's meet at the botanical garden after last period," Ace says.

"Sounds like a plan," Briar says.

"We're gonna be up to our ears in chestnuts!" Grim cheers.

Briar giggles and says, "Okay Grim, but remember to behave yourself."

"Yeah yea," Grim says with a smile on his face.

And with that, the group begins to leave the table and head to the garden together. As the group leave, a few of the students pay close attention to the group, especially Briar, some like Azul and Lilla are also interested with Briar, and notice the medallion she has around her neck.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.7K 41 39
(Black Butler x Twisted Wonderland) Some time after the events of the Spelldrive, the time has arrived for Ciel and his friends to take their final e...
2.8K 105 6
Another year at Night Raven College, trying to keep to yourself as to not cause any problems goes horribly wrong when a magicless student shows up. Y...
2.1K 53 5
A new year begins at Night Raven College. Among the freshmen, a peculiar young man stands out: Kalyan Vishvaas, a charming and benevolent snake beast...
2.3K 91 6
"Often times I find myself just vanishing into the air..." When a girl with a vanishing act finally gets to seen by her peers after tasked to babysit...