The Sun, The Moon, The Dragon...

De AbraxosKit48

To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two g... Mai multe

Chapter 1: Skycrest
Chapter 2: Friarridge
Chapter 3: Dragon... not dragon?
Chapter 4: Fooooood
Chapter 5: The kill
Chapter 6: Surprise shooters
Chapter 7: Little Miss Dunce
Chapter 8: Drakon Academy
Chapter 9: Who are you really?
Chapter 10: Ambushes
Chapter 11: 200m sprint
Chapter 12: Flags and Ratatouille
Chapter 13: Testing
Chapter 14: Twinsies!
Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters
Chapter 16: 4 or 5 stories?
Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves
Chapter 18: The beginning
Chapter 19: The showdown
Chapter 20: The strangest Symbol
Chapter 21: Mysterious people
Chapter 22: Longlostcousins
Chapter 23: Her name is Juniper
Chapter 24: Barbie Britt
Chapter 25: Schedules
Chapter 26: Infatuation
Chapter 27: Fight! Fight! Fight!
Chapter 28: A crack and a Scream... or three
Chapter 29: The mysterious man... again
Chapter 30: Bye Bye Ej
Chapter 31: Prophecy 1; the last prophecy
Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts
Chapter 33: The...Delightful Date
Chapter 34: Dungeons
Chapter 35: Spilling the tea
Chapter 36: Ditched for a girl
Chapter 37: Daphne Drama
Chapter 38a: Skylar
Chapter 38b: MINI CHAPTER
Chapter 39: A day to remember
Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.
Chapter 41: Ranked Eggs
Chapter 42: The Other Halves

Chapter 43: Goodbye darkness. Hello Understanding.

39 1 3
De AbraxosKit48

Like everyday life continued, we partied, we danced, we sang, we drank... well I drank a little, it's not like wolves have a low alcohol tolerance. I've had like 8 and I'm only a little tipsy.

I chatted with everyone last night, people ranging from werewolves to humans to vampires, I even spoke to a few dragons, accidentally might I add. But everyone wanted to speak to the Luna-to-be and the Alpha-to-be, even the word spread surrounding King Alexander being our father.

Everyone had been given their ranking and despite some not being too happy no-one complained and everyone just chilled before the mess of Cadre Testing continues.

I went to bed that night without any second thoughts, after a very loud happy birthday from everyone I stumbled my way to my room followed by Zym and Lark. I can't say I heard anything from their rooms all night.

That night I dreamt about Ej, not exactly my best time, it makes me look a little desperate but it was my wolf she's in love.

That next morning I woke up... I'd say bright and early but it was not early and I was not bright.

'We get to see EJ!' Jay squealed with childish excitement.

'Great.' My voice dripped sarcasm as I mumbled back to my wolf.

I pulled on a white cropped singlet and black cargo pants followed by my black combat boots and a thin black windbreaker. Quickly I trudged downstairs into the near silent kitchen.

"Morning!" I grinned and walked into the pantry grabbing cereal and a bowl before pouring the cereal into the bowl and adding milk.

"Hello? Anyone?" I questioned after receiving no response to my morning. "Why are ya'll so unusually somber today?" I asked shoving a spoonful of cereal into my awaiting mouth.

"Uhm." I noticed Lark look around for support but no one would meet her gaze.

"Spit it out already." I growl, I could feel Jay near the surface as no one was being straight with me.

"Ah," Lark mumbles looking down not meeting my eyes.

"Get. It. Out." My good mood perished as I scowled at my twin, I have zero patience as it is and in the morning it's so much worse.

"EjhasagirlovernastheyreinhisroomandIthinkitsMelbourneorsomeone." Her words came out in a jumble and in a single breath.

"Again but slowly."

"Ej has a girl over and they are in his room and I think it's Melbourne or someone." She spoke slowly but deliberately.

"Good for fucking him." My voice came out rather aggressive as I feel Jay fighting for control.

'No. He wouldn't.' Jay whimpers hurt.

'Titan who is here with Ej?' I mind link my wolf and he scampers out the room quickly. 'He'll pay if he has Jay, I swear it.' I respond to my whimpering wolf and gently push her presence from my mind into her den.

"Why are her eyes doing that?" Clay asks leaning forward to get a better look at me.

"Fuck off!" I growl feeling Jay lash out.

"Leave us." Blaze's voice comes out commanding towards the room. Without hesitation they all leave except for Kyle and Lark who awkwardly shuffle their feet beside me.

"I'm alright." I whisper to the three of them. I mentally block Jay for a minute so I can speak to them without her overpowering me.

"I have almost 2 minutes before Jay can hear us again." I speak my voice stronger then before without Jay's emotions running havoc with my own.

"Are you ok?" Kyle asks looking at me hesitantly.

"I am pissed, he's meant to be my mate but Jay she's beyond pissed, if I so much as see him this morning there's no way I can stop her from reacting and it won't end well. Even for you three." I say, My voice even but serious and urgent.

"We have Cadre training this morning, we will try to keep him away and we can inform your father." Blake says.

"Ok we need to do that but I can't be there, don't even bring up Ej around me at least until Lunch." My voice wavers at I fight Jay internally.

'There is another girl in there, I recognise her smell she's one of the ones from earlier.' Titan growls through out mindlink.

'Thank-you, don't mention him to me and keep him away from me.' I tell Titan.

"She's coming back," I squeak and feel her pissed presence invade my mind again, her senses overpower mine as my eyes change from their usual maroon to silver.

'Jay calm down a moment, we need to get our bearings.' I wheeze, my breath coming fast from her vicious intrusion.

'But our mate!' Jay growls.

'Juniper! Fucking calm down. We need to sort this out without any violence.' I growl, my voice aggressive and asserting dominance. 'I know it fucking hurts, I am pissed and hurting too but we need to think this through.'

'B-but h-he... w-we are his mate not that- that blonde Barbie.' Show howls in pain.

Bad time to laugh but I do, I chuckle which turns crazy with tears in my eyes.

"What is going on?" I hear Kyle whisper to Blaze almost afraid of the sight in front of him. Me.

"I think she's talking to her wolf...?" Blaze responds just as scared.

'Ok-ok..." Jay calms down slowly but her emotions are still highly strung.

'We will deal with this, he ain't getting away with it.' I say with an exaggerated sigh.

"Ria? Are you and Jay ok?" Lark's voice breaks through my mind conversation with Jay.

"Yeah we're good now, Both still pissed as fuck but we have a plan of sorts." I look at my twin with sad eyes.

"Come on let's go to training or we'll be late. I'm just gonna grab my weapons, meet you out the front." I sigh and walk off to the girls private staircase, I can't risk seeing Ej when my emotions are still surfaced.

Without any hesitation I grab my bow, daggers, throwing stars, sword and knives and pack them in my person before walking into Whisp's den. Strolling over to the small but still growing dragon I grin.

'Whispy-Poo come on.' I mind link the dragon who's splayed out in front of me.

'Wha? Is it morning already?' She responds delirious.

'Yup we have cadre training to get to, and you can sit in the sun and sun-bake all day. Or at least some of the day.' I smile genuinely.

'I'm up. I'm up.' She chuffs sleepily.

Without a seconds thought I tug myself up onto her back and together we free fall out the window, she pulls up and we lightly skim the grass before touching down beside Cinder and Bullet who're both looking just as sleepy as Whisp.

My mind involuntarily replays the day I found them in the grassy field talking to Kyle's...my great grandfather.

Standing in front of them is an almost transparent person, his long beard is familiar to me and I recognise him as the man from the egg room... I growl but settle in the grass watching, listening, waiting.

"...the stones, they are the royal jewels. You three need to get them to see who they really are. For the sake of society." The old man speaks about a grave danger and the three hatchlings nod in understanding.

"...Pendants...bring them together." I catch different parts of their conversation, but can't understand what the old man wants. "Go. They are coming." He turns and stares directly at me before smiling and dissolving into thin air. The three hatchlings tumble off the boulders and lay in the grass, I hear the bushes rustle from behind me and turn to see all my roomies emerge from the trees 200m away.

My mind replays this over and over as I stare out over the lake.

I can hear the faint voices of everyone around me but I can't decipher any of them, then it clicks... the prophecy, the meaning...

The words of the two prophecies run through my head as I piece them all together.

Prophecy #1:
The dragon of the bestowed,
To lay the three eggs,
Each of the three will travel a road.
One will fall while the other heeds
Onto become the bearer of many but mainly three.
One for each. G, G, B.

Prophecy #2:
Twins to never know
Born from royalty and below
True mates they're bestowed.
A sibling to discover
When they meet one another.
Three for three
Wolf, Vampire, Human;
Moon, sun, star.
Pendants unite
Forge in the light.
A war to be cursed,
It all comes back to the bloodline of the first.

I finally see the meaning.

"Guys I did it. I figured it out." I mutter quietly.

"Guys! I figured it out! I figured out the prophecy!" I repeat my voice bouncing off the house and everyone spins to face me.

"What? What does it mean?" Lark asks, her voice soft nearly nervous.

"Lines 1 and 2: Of the first prophecy - The dragon of the bestowed, To lay the three eggs... it means our great grandfathers dragon will lay our three eggs, Whisp, Cinder and Bullet. Line 3 says how we each have a different fate and line 4 is about our great grandfathers fate, he will die while his dragon lives to fulfil her part of the prophecy. Lines 5 and 6 speak of how great grandfathers dragon will lay many eggs but our three are special and then it says GGB it means two girls and a boy, us three." I claim, my eyes wide with realisation, the group surrounding me all stand quietly as I take a breath to continue.

"The second prophecy is about us three in particular, Lark and Kyle. It states that me and Lark didn't know we were twins, and there's a hint saying born from royalty and below, meaning Our father is Royal and our mother wasn't. Line 3 says we each will have a true mate, soulmate even and line 4 says we have another sibling meaning Kyle. Then it claims we will meet and we are the three, one of each species. A wolf, me, a vampire, Lark and a human, Kyle. And we each have a certain element for our dragon. Moon, Sun and Star." I breath heavily, thinking how to word the next bit.

"How about the last part?" Zym asks quietly, she appears somewhat nervous...

"I'm not 100% but I think I have an idea." I lock eyes with Lark then Kyle.

"Do you guys remember the day the dragons escaped? I found them in the field? Anyway they were talking to our great grandfather. They spoke of pendants and they are the Royal stones." I glance around quickly and notice everyone staring at me, the only person missing is Ej. At this thought I feel Jay whimper and howl sadly.

'I'm sorry.' I mumble to her and she whines sadly.

"The last four lines I believe may prophesies a war, the only way to win is to forge our powers and pendants. Whether meaning literally or metaphorically though I don't know. I think we need to forge the pendants using each of our specified gifts but we don't know how to harness them yet. And the final line just says it is all coming from our Great Grandfather." The last part I speak quietly, no one likes to speak of war, especially when it's prophesised.

"A war... it-it makes sense... they tried to kill us, Grayhem and Leon, neither knew that Kyle is our brother but they have somehow figured out part of the prophecy." Lark says, her voice wavering.

"I doubt whoever is their boss will stop until either you two are dead or locked up somewhere." Kyle adds, "they'll know we are siblings by now, word spread fast about it."

"If they want any of you they have to go through me." Blaze growls, I don't miss how his eyes flicker to Kyle with somewhat of a longing but fierce protectiveness.

"That goes for me too." Zym nods grinning.

"And me." Clay smiles, his voice soft but I know he would be a terrifying enemy.

I smile softly when the three dragons all growl threateningly at the nonexistent threats.

"Thanks guys." I smile and give Lark and side hug and squeeze Kyle's shoulder.

I know that whatever comes we will be ready, or at least try to be ready. After all we are only 16, 17 and 18.

"Come on let's get to practise or we will definitely be late, then we won't get a cadre." Lark sighs and jumps onto Cinder, we all follow suit and race off to the cadre practise grounds. Upon landing I spot Callum talking to a group of Werewolves, somehow he notices us and turns around smiling, but the smile seems forced as he locks eyes with me.

He knows about Ej.

"Hey Callum." I grumble not at seeing him but just at life. What could possibly make things worse?

Seriously I jinxed it. From behind a nearby tree I spot Ej walking out with his arm around a blonde, I notice Titan trailing him and growling lowly from the bushes, around me my friends all growl or sneer at him. Even Callum joins us as we glare daggers at Ej.

With his swagger that most people find alluring he wanders over with his arm still slung over the Blondes shoulders.

"Everyone meet Skylar. Skylar the crew." Ej introduces us.

"Beat it Skylar." I growl, but honestly I think Jay pushed to the front because my voice sounded slightly animalistic.

"I-I sorry Luna-to-be..." Skylar whines fearfully.

"Whatever." I snarl my canines lengthening involuntarily.

'Fuck this shit.' I snarl mentally for all mindlinks to hear. It was honestly accidental but all nearby wolves come over, all dragons and wyverns stand around watching ready to defend me, and Titan stands alongside them as Jay and I face off against the werewolf I came to call my mate.

I notice all my friends standing behind me while only few students stand behind Ej to back him up. All of which he's slept with, all of which are jealous of my strength, strength and dominance I never asked for but was thrust on me at birth.

"Students!" I briefly hear Headmaster Semo's voice boom over the crowd but no one moved an inch. Humans to scared to start the fight, vampires to intrigued for violence and Werewolves under both my and Callum's control as we both fight for dominance.

"Stand down Ria!" Ejs Dad yells trying to dominate my power, however my wolf is at the surface ready to attack, we are currently too powerful for him to control, too powerful for Ej to control.

A werewolf, Blonde Barbie I believe steps forward and puts her hand on Ej's arm, both him and I tense as she does this. Without my permission Jay snaps at the same time Ej's wolf does. I lunge at him half shifted and he swipes at her claws extended.

My body locks and freezes along with his. What did he just do?

I look at him, my eyes definitely silver from Jay being practically in charge, as I stare at him I notice his usual ocean blue eyes are a black colour. His wolf is at the front, he's pushed back.

I see the pain and anger flash through his wolfs eyes as it gazes at me, I can feel the pain at what Ej did to me and the anger he holds against him. I watch as Ej's wolf turns and bolts, I feel Jay do the same, spinning and taking off into the woods in the opposite direction. Fully shifting Jay takes full control as she runs, the pure white fur of my wolf gleams against the dark forest but we don't stop. Together the two of us just run, neither with a destination neither wanting to stop.

The end.

***********

Okay! That's a wrap of book one. I hope y'all preferred this ending to the last, that's if there is any readers lol. I greatly appreciate all my readers so thanks to the few who have stuck around til the end, and for the feedback and votes.

I always love hearing from everyone so pleeeeaseeee either DM me or comment on my story! I'll try to always respond to feedback and questions even if it takes a few days.

I may write a sequel in my spare time about the Cadre and War so comment if you'd like that.

Love all my supporters and readers
- Brax Xx

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

5K 110 14
*Book 3 of the Born To Burn Series* ONLY CHAPTER 1-10 ARE OPEN WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON AMAZOM KINDLE! ❤️ PLZ CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME THERE. I ❤️EACH AND...
3.6K 171 7
The is now a SAMPLE ONLY. The story will continue EXCLUSIVELY on AnyStories. "Hello little one" came a booming voice, deep and sultry that made my s...
67.4K 2K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
355K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...