Filthy ; DM + LB ; 2024 Rewri...

Von -babynaomi

Oh, man. Here we go. This is Filthy rewritten. Lucille is way smarter... it's not as rushed.... uhhh...and Na... Mehr

N O R T H E R N L I G H T S
S U M M O N E D
A M O R T E N T I A
A D M I R E D
S N O T T Y
L O N G N I G H T

L E S S O N L E A R N E D

27.3K 605 1.6K
Von -babynaomi

Woop Woop-

My sophomore year of Uni is just around the corner, I will be twenty in October, and my apartment has been finalized. Yet, I am STILL writing about a blonde wit. I apologize for the delay, though I do know you all understand. Thank you for your patience. 

Without further adieu, I present to you...

L E S S O N  L E A R N E D 

lucille granger

"Chew with your mouth closed, thank you very much," Onyx groaned as she threw a napkin at Lorenzo. "You have a stain in the corner of your mouth. Bloody hell, are you always that daft?"

"Rude," Lorenzo replied, aggressively grabbing the napkin and wiping his mouth. "I'm not daft. Just a little dim, is all."

Onyx shot me an exhausted look—as if she were over this interaction. I softly chuckled as I continued eating.

I noticed there was one more lamb chop at the center of the table. Reaching for the lamb chop, my hand brushes against Malfoy's, who is also reaching for the last piece.

We both pull away from the plate, gesturing defeat. "Go on," Draco grumbled. "You've already touched the bone."

Shrugging, I take the last piece. As I partake in my win, I side-eye Draco and observe his defeated self.

Did my plead for respect work? Usually, he couldn't care less if I had touched the bone by a smidge. The Draco I know would have taken it with no remorse. It's nice knowing that I can finally put my foot down on him without the help of anyone.

But, help would've been nice.

Finishing up my meal, I gaze over to the Gryffindors and notice Hermione with her eyes already looking right at me. I widen my eyes out of mere surprise and confusion.

She tilts her head towards the large exit multiple times to try and get me to understand that she wants us to meet in the hallway.

I mouth, "Why?"

"Just go!" she mouths back.

I groan as I stand up from the bench. Climbing out from the bench, I place my serviette on the table. "Have to use the loo. I'll be back," I told the group.

They nodded as I strode away from the table heading towards the hallway. I turn my head to the left to see Hermione walking at the same pace.

The both of us reach the outside of the Great Hall and we walk alongside one another down the corridor without a precise destination.

"I heard about the altercation between you and Malfoy," said Hermione as she locked her arm with mine. "They're saying you told him off."

"I did," I responded flatly with my head held high. "Before I got violent though, Onyx pulled me away. A bit unsatisfactory, but I did get my point across."

"How is he acting towards you now?" she queried. We ended up taking a seat on a stone bench that was positioned between two large pillars. "Do you think your message was heard loud and clear?"

"Sort of," I replied. "He's not aggressive, nor is he being nice. It's neutral right now. Besides, it's only been a day since my interaction with him. I can't know for sure unless we interact with one another again."

"When do you think that'll be, Luce?"

"The next get-together, I guess. I plan on keeping to myself. If he, too, keeps to himself and pays no attention to me, then it shows that my message was heard. He likes to pick on me for breathing. Hopefully, it's different next time."

Hermione shook her head. "That dense blonde. I feel that he just has it out for the both of us."

"Because we're muddy, isn't it?" I cocked a brow. Hermione shook her head and scoffed.

"Would you rather be inbred and be related to half of the school in a way?" Hermione teased. With exaggeration, I groan and disagree. "Exactly. I'm fine with being... regular."

Soon after catching up, Hermione decided to head back to the Great Hall. I chose to stay on the bench for a little while until my senses calmed down. Sometimes, the Great Hall can get pretty overstimulating.

Sitting on the bench, I scope my surroundings and see people walk in and out of the Hall, chatting with their friends and amongst themselves.

From afar, I can't help but notice Malfoy leave the dining hall in such a rush. He appears to be looking around frantically, hoping that no one sees him. All but one. After his frantic look-around, he makes a sharp turn down a hall where there's hardly any livelihood.

Is Draco overstimulated, too? Maybe if I offered him my support, he'd know that I'm not just some mudblood with no superiority. I'm human, too. Lending a hand could potentially strengthen our bridge of neutrality.

I force myself to stand up and follow him. He's at a far distance, yell still in sight. It's no surprise that my heart is jumping out of my bloody chest. Am I making the right decision? A smart one, at that?

Malfoy makes another sharp turn down an abandoned corridor that consists of abandoned bathrooms, a few rickety closets, and an old classroom. If I'm corrected, then he really must be overwhelmed if he's trying to avoid any noise.

I reach the cross-section and take a deep breath before turning. My thoughts run wild as I think of the many outcomes for this upcoming interaction—good or bad.

Am I doing the right thing? It'd be weird if I just... invaded his privacy like this. But, I do think that if we both shared something like this, then we might have a shot at strengthening our friendship.

I decide to turn, and I have yet to know which door he entered. First, I try the Boy's Restroom. I crack the door slightly and call out his name.

"Malfoy?" I say. No response. "Malfoy? It's Lucille."

No response again.

I retract from the Boy's Restroom and make way towards the abandoned classroom. Creaking the door half-open, I notice Malfoy sitting on a stool with his hands intertwined forming a fist, and his chin resting upon it. He's looking out into the abyss, which makes it hard to even make a noise.

"Malfoy?" I speak, trying not to startle him. In the end, Malfoy was indeed startled. He turned his head towards me with an abrupt motion as his face grew with disgust.

"Piss off, Granger," he seethed. "Stop ending up in places you don't belong."

I sighed. "I was going to ask if you were all right—."

"I don't have time to play therapy session right now," he remarked. "It's best that you leave me be."

I stood by the door in silence, thinking of the right words to say. "You look overwhelmed."

No response. Instead, he scoffed and shook his head as if I said something idiotic.

"I, too, often flee somewhere quiet and calm. It's okay to admit something like that—."

"Granger, you know nothing. Leave me be or else."

Taken aback, I slam the door shut. "Or what? Am I supposed to feel afraid? Threatened, even? I came to offer comfort because I know what it's like to feel overwhelmed! I was seeking a strengthening of our friendship, but I suppose not considering your unruly threats!"

Malfoy ran his hand over his face out of desperation. "Would you just... shut your fucking mouth?"

Mouth ajar, I clench my fists. "You will not tell me what to do, Malfoy."

With sudden movements, Malfoy stands up from his seat, causing it to topple over onto the ground. He rushes towards me as I find myself absently backing against a wall.

As my back meets the wall, Malfoy keeps a distance, yet his warm presence rushes against my body. I try to catch a breath, but all I have are eyes meeting his.

He looks down, watching my every reaction—my every move. Our mouths are ajar, breathing the same air, the world tightening around us, yet we stay still. "You can't possibly fix what's wrong with me, Granger," he speaks softly, eyeing me intensely. "You could give me all the comfort in the world," he gently pushes a strand of my hair behind my ear, "But it wouldn't be enough. Nothing could ever be enough."

I couldn't find the right words to say, but as I snapped back to reality, I shove him far from my body. "You won't need my bloody comfort," I snarl. "Nor does it seem like you need my pity, either."

"I wasn't asking for anything, Granger. You followed me. You bothered me."

"It wasn't out of malicious intent, Draco! I found it strange for you to wander off into abandoned parts of the castle, until I realized that I do the same, too. I assumed you were overwhelmed and overstimulated, and I thought maybe you could use a hand or—or someone to talk to," I quickly spoke. "Forgive me if I was too much, but don't ever approach me like that again."

Malfoy stood there with a blank expression until a smirk crept across his face.

"Does that make you nervous, Lucille?" queried Draco.

My face flushed with blood as I swallowed my tightening throat. "It was rather overbearing."

"Oh? And you, following me, was not?"

"Like I said," I gritted, "It was not with malicious intent."

"And who is to say that my approach was?"

"You've always had it out for me."

He softly chuckles. "Just find yourself out, Granger."

I push fallen strands of hair out of my face completely behind my ears and huff. Before I make my way out of the classroom, he calls out for me once more. I turn my head to see him leaning against the table with his hands in his pockets and a sly smirk.

"I see to it that you've learned your lesson, yes, Granger?"

"What lesson might that be, Malfoy? That you're always going to be bitter and cold? That you'll always make it difficult for people to make your acquaintance?"

He shook his head. "Your lesson learned today is to mind your business and not roam where you shouldn't be if you can't handle what lingers in the dark." Another sly smirk is plastered across his face as I grumble out of sheer disappointment.

I storm out of the classroom and flatten my clothing free of wrinkles, and free my hands of sweat. How inconsiderate!

Stomping down the corridor towards the Hall, I frustratingly fiddle with my fingers and play with a stray thread on my blouse. How could he be so cold? How could I be so gullible to think he would speak to me about his problems?

What is there to even fix? My mind is certainly telling me to leave it alone. I've already crossed over a line I never would've thought I'd cross, so there's no way in hell I could back out of it now after experiencing what I've seen.

How could I not want to know more? What is there to fix? I wouldn't have to fix it, of course. I just want to know... how dark can Malfoy be?

***

Short Short Short, but I'm aiming for angst. I might update sooner than expected. I think I found my muse (Like Julia Fox & Josh Safdie, duh). 

D I S C U S S I ON 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

25K 612 38
"You're a good friend, Hermione." She narrowed her eyes at him. "So we're on a first-name basis now?" He shrugged. "I feel it's only fair after spend...
20.1K 484 26
-------------------------------------------- His breathing was even as he whispered to her, "Run. Get away from me. Run before I break you too. Pleas...
312 0 32
This book is year 3 on. From Meeting Cedric Diggory who becomes my character, Evelyn's best friend to how her emotions towards Draco Malfoy changes...
22.6M 493K 54
Toxic Draco. Dumb Lucille. The book with a messy plot full of smut. You might fall in love with Lorenzo Berkshire. Oh, and I wrote this in under a mo...