Tightrope | All Of Us Are Dead

由 PersephoneNyx28

Started: 24.02.2022 Ended: 10.04.2022 NOT EDITED!! WRITTEN BEFORE MY WRITING GOT BETTER! Choi Mi-Ra, the gir... 更多

𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕕𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟
ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖
Chapter 1: No Comment
Chapter 2: Hyosan Is Ground Zero
Chapter 3: Let The Chaos Begin
Chapter 4: Let's Stay Alive And Meet Again
Chapter 5: The Palm Of A Tiny Hand
Chapter 6: Existence
Chapter 7: Two Ghosts
Chapter 8: I Wish I Hadn't Known
Chapter 9: Roaring Tides II
Chapter 10: The Invisible Life Of Addie LaRue
Chapter 11: A Heart That Dissappeared
Chapter 12: As The World Caves In
Chapter 13: Don't Let Go.
Chapter 14: A Song Written Easily
Chapter 15: Smells Like Teen Spirit
Chapter 16: Begin Again
Chapter 17: Blind
Chapter 18: It's Nice To Have A Friend
Chapter 19: Tell Me A Lie.
Chapter 20: Hope For The Underrated Youth.
Chapter 21: Run Rabbit, Run, Run, Run.
Chapter 22: Op. 71a, Waltz Of The Flowers.
Chapter 25: Life Hates Us Now.
Chapter 26: I've Dug Two Graves For Us, My Dear.
Chapter 23: Let's Go Home.
Chapter 27: City Of The Dead.
Chapter 28: Two Birds On A Wire.
Chapter 29: Town, Flow Of Time, People.
Chapter 30: Runaway.
y'all I have a question
Chapter 31: Evermore.
𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖
AUTHOR'S NOTE: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH (plz read)
I'm SORRY BUT PLEASE READ PLEASE PLEASEEEEE

Chapter 24: I Think I've Seen This Film Before, And I Didn't Like The Ending.

774 35 8
由 PersephoneNyx28

♤ "𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠,
𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞,
𝐒𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐦 𝐈 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐰?
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧,"

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧' 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐮𝐭,
𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞,
𝐒𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭,

𝐎𝐟 𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮,
𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞,
𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞,"

- 𝐓𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐭, 𝐄𝐱𝐢𝐥𝐞. ♤

11:30am
May 18th
Hyosan high-school
Tennis court/forest

"Are you okay? Are you hurt, On-Jo?" On-Jo's dad, Mr. Nam, asked.

"What took you so long?" On-Jo asked, broken and shaken up. "I kept waiting for you."

The group on the side was getting their breaths back, panting and trying to rest a little. Some where sitting down and some were standing. Mi-Ra was part of the ones standing as Suhyeok had her in a hug, telling her how worried he was when she blacked out for a moment back inside and Mi-Ra didn't have the heart to tell him what actually happened. She just let him hug her, enjoying the comfort she was receiving.

Mr. Nam looked around just as Suhyeok let go of the hug, tears in his eyes.

"And you kids, are you okay?" Mr. Nam asked.

Few nodded slowly.

"Yeah," replied Dae-Su.

"Good." Mr. Nam said and walked towards Cheong-San. "Cheong-San,"

"Mr. Nam." Replied Cheong-San, slowly walking towards the man and breaking down in his arms as Mr. Nam hugged him.

"Guys, are you able to run?" Mr. Nam asked, turning to face the group again.

"Fuck yes." Mi-Ra replied.

Okay, maybe not too much. She thought to herself. The fight inside the gym had tired her out and she felt a bit weak. Her highened hearing was returning as well, the smell was getting stronger in her nose and her sight, that was once red, was clear again although she was sure her eyes were still red because Nam-Ra and Suhyeok kept looking at her face. Nam-Ra's eye was red as well, the side where she was bitten.

"Good," Mr. Nam nodded and then looked at Mi-Ra. "Are you hurt? There's a lot of blood on you."

Mi-Ra looked down at herself. Suhyeok's jacket was covered in blood, part of her jeans were torn at the bottom and her green vest along with her jeans were also with blood. There was droplets of blood on her hair too and she didn't have to look at her face to know it had blood as well. Mi-Ra wasn't sure how there was so much blood on her but at the same time, half of the battle that happened back at the gym was a blur to her.

"That's Mi-Ra's nature." Mi-Jin replied. "Nothing too odd."

"She isn't hurt," added Suhyeok. "Just um..."

"I went crazy in the fight back inside." Mi-Ra finished off, not wanting to tell Mr. Nam that she was basically covered with zombies and she was a halfzombie.

Mr. Nam frowned in confusion but nodded anyway.

"Okay, if you go straight through the tennis courts and pass the construction site, you'll hit the mountain." Mr. Nam said, pointing towards the far away tennis courts. "If you cross the mountain... and get to Yangdong-"

"Mr. Nam!" Cheong-San shouted, eyes wide.

He was looking behind Mi-Ra so when the girl turned to look, she saw a zombie running towards them.

"Dad no!"

But Mr. Nam already began to run towards the zombie, catching it by its legs and throwing it to the ground, breaking its leg.

"Kids, run!" Mr. Nam shouted.

"Shit," cursed Mi-Jin.

The group scrambled on their feet and began to run past the zombie Mr. Nam tackled. On-Jo took her father's hand and the two followed the group, running towards the tennis courts, leaving everything behind them. Suhyeok was holding Nam-Ra's metallic bat in one hand and Mi-Ra's hand in the other while Nam-Ra ran in between Dae-Su and Mi-Jin.

"Hurry up!" Gyeong-Su shouted.

The group ran and ran until they finally arrived at the tennis courts, the people that were first yanked the door open and everyone ran inside as Ha-Ri began to shot arrows at the zombies but a zombie tackeld her down so Mr. Nam yanked it away, fighting with it and him and Mi-Jin pulled Ha-Ri inside, Mr. Nam closing the door and locking it just as the zombies jumped at it.

"Run!" Mr. Nam shouted.

"Ya, ya, hold on!" Dae-Su suddenly said, pulling Wu-Jin to a halt as the boy slipped.

Zombies surrounded the whole tennis court and the group stood in the middle, turning in circles and running out of ideas, not knowing what to do.

"We can't go out there. We can't go anywhere!" Gyeong-Su panicked.

"What should we do?" Asked Wu-Jin.

"Damn it!"

"I should distract again-"

"Mi-Ra no!" Suhyeok shouted. "You are way too tired right now."

"But we are trapped Suhyeok!" Mi-Ra said, looking around.

"You can barely run, Mi-Ra." Suhyeok stated and Mi-Ra knew he was right. He was pulling her when they ran and Mi-Ra's body was burning, her throat itching to eat and feed herself.

"What do we do?" Wu-Jin asked again.

The zombies growled around the court, their hands, legs and heads banging onto the metallic doors and walls. They were all looking around, panting, wondering what to do and it wasn't until the door from the way the came from got torn down and the zombies began to run towards them that the group stumbled backwards, screaming and asking what to do.

Suhyeok, Cheong-San and Mi-Ra were the first to start fighting.

Suhyeok swung the metallic bat, Cheong-San the wooden stick he found and Mi-Ra her knife, all of then pushing the zombies away and fighting them. Mi-Ra took two by the hair and threw them towards the zombies, few of them falling like dminos. Mi-Jin and Gyeong-Su joined them as well and the five kept fighting and fighting; Mi-Jin using a wooden stick she took from the storage room while Gyeong-Su used a broken metal he took from outside the gym when they were catching their breaths.

"I seriously hate all of you!" Mi-Ra grumbled, kicking a zombie in the stomach and sending it back.

Just then, Mr. Nam lighted up a firework and began to wave it to one side, moving the zombies a little back and then throwing it to one side as all of the zombies followed there, growling and sneering at the sound. Even the ones that were around the court, the ones that weren't able to get in, rushed to that side of the court and banged their hands and heads on the metal, trying to get to the firework.

"Step back," Suhyeok slowly said.

The group followed, taking steps back and then running towards the cleared door that was on the forest' side. On-Jo pulled her dad with her just as Dae-Su and Hyo-Ryung opened the door, checking the sides and walking out. Ha-Ri pulled Mi-Jin out of the court, Nam-Ra helped Wu-Jin and Gyeong-Su and Suhyeok pulled Mi-Ra.

"Hurry!" Mi-Ra shouted.

"Cheong-San, take On-Jo with you." Mr. Nam said.

"But why?" Asked On-Jo, voice full of worry. "Dad, where are you going?!"

Cheong-San grabbed On-Jo's arm just as Mr. Nam put a whislte in his mouth and began to run away from the group. He took the bag he left on the ground as On-Jo shouted at him but Cheong-San and Suhyeok pulled her back, moving her towards the exit.

"Go," Mi-Ra said to the rest.

But they were all frozen, watching as Mr. Nam lightened another firework and threw it to the furthest side of the court and the zombies followed the noise immediately. Suhyeok and Cheong-San dragged On-Jo, her screams loud enough to trigger the other zombies but Mi-Ra didn't even want to tell her to keep quiet, she could see how worried and scared she was for her father.

"Run!" Mr. Nam shouted, throwing another firework before he began to run towards the group. "Get out! Get out now!" A zombie charged at him but he pushed it away just as Cheong-San and Suhyeok managed to pull On-Jo out of the tennis court.

"Mr. Nam!" Cheong-San shouted, him and Suhyeok running to help the man on his feet when another zombie tackled him.

"Go, go! Get out!" Mr. Nam screamed, pushing the two boys towards the door.

"Hurry!" Ha-Ri shouted.

"Suhyeok!" Mi-Ra reached, pulling Suhyeok out of the court.

The door closing behind them made the group freeze, all of them turning around to look, only to find Mr. Nam locking the door with him inside the court.

Fuck.

No.

No.

No.

Not again.

On-Jo ran towards the door, wide eyes and tear strained cheeks.

"Dad... why- why are you..." On-Jo trembled as Mr. Nam kept tying the door. His own eyes were with tears and he was shaking. "Dad...?"

"On-Jo, look at me," Mr. Nam softly said. "Go." On-Jo kept sobbing, trying to untie the door. "Run! Go!" Mr. Nam's face went pale when he saw the zombies reaching the group from the other side.

"Mi-Ra!" Nam-Ra shouted as Mi-Ra ran towards the zombies.

She began to fight them off, stabbing them and pulling them away, throwing them everywhere she could.

"Go!" Mr. Nam screamed.

"Dad!" On-Jo cried, trembling and shaking her head.

"Go!" Mr. Nam shouted back, his voice broken and trembling.

Mi-Ra stabbed a zombie when it neared the group and pulled it with the rest further away, trying to keep them as away as possible but many more were coming and they needed to go. It was really heartbreaking watching On-Jo's dad sacrifice himself, especially right in front of his daughter and for a moment, Mi-Ra realised that both Cheong-San and On-Jo saw one of their parents get torn away from them because of the zombies.

Mi-Ra heard Mr. Nam scream when zombies began to bite him, whispering On-Jo's name but Mi-Ra couldn't turn and look, it was too heartbreaking, too sad and she didn't even know how she had tears left as they slid down her cheeks.

Just then, Nam-Ra pulled Mi-Ra away, running towards the group that was running inside the forest, On-Jo's screams and sobs breaking everyone's hearts as Mr. Nam screamed at them to go. Suhyeok and Cheong-San were pulling On-Jo as the girl kept looking back, crying and crying, grieving her father and stumbling few times.

Mi-Ra cursed everyone that was involved in the apocalypse.

Their professor.

The first human that was bitten.

The authority that left them.

The zombies that kept attacking them.

Gwi-Nam that bit her and Nam-Ra.

She cursed everyone, her rage raising and raising.

She promised that if she ever got near the adults that left them, she'll slice them up. She promised herself that if the science teacher was still alive she'd torture him to death and if he was dead, she'll find him in the after life and torture him there. She promised herself, and her friends and everyone they lost that she'll get her revenge. She'll revenge everyone that died.

12:15pm
May 18th
Hyosan
Construction site

The group managed to get to the building fast enough, Nam-Ra and Mi-Ra stopping them as soon as they were inside because they heard zombies and shouted at them to go upstairs so the group, scared and terrified, changed paths and ran up the stairs.

"Hurry! To the second floor!" Dae-Su shouted.

They were pulling onto each other, pushing one another and trying to keep into a huddle and not lose anyone. Few times Suhyeok had to pull Mi-Jin while other times Mi-Ra had to push Ha-Ri and Wu-Jin together. Hyo-Ryung was helping Gyeong-Su and Dae-Su, Nam-Ra helping Cheong-San and On-Jo as the group made their way to the second floor, few of the zombies falling down the side of the stairs and few onto the stairs.

"Fuck where do we go?!" Gyeong-Su shouted.

The group froze, looking around the empty floor. It had some sand, working tools and what not. Everyone was looking around, trying to find where to go. Mi-Ra and Mi-Jin went to a room but found nothing, it was a dead end until Nam-Ra shouted from near the windows, yanking a plastic curtain to the side as everyone rushed next to her.

They found a cemented ledge all around the wall and few moved a bench towards the window, helping each other climb it as Nam-Ra held the curtain and Mi-Ra stood in a fighting position, ready to fight when the zombies arrived at the door. First went Suhyeok who helped Hyo-Ryung, then On-Jo, Ha-Ri, Mi-Jin, Gyeong-Su, Cheong-San, Wu-Jin, Dae-Su and Nam-Ra until Mi-Ra was last. Suhyeok reached out to help her and the girl accepted his hand and with his help, she jumped down the ledge and moved to sit next to Nam-Ra.

The ledge wasn't too long but it was enough to fit all of them and enough for them to stand huddled or even fight if needed.

"Stay away from the edge," Cheong-San told Hyo-Ryung.

"Mhmm, okay," nodded the girl.

"Come here," Suhyeok waved, beckoning the girl to come to the safer side.

"Quiet." Both Nam-Ra and Mi-Ra said.

"Don't make noise," added Nam-Ra.

Mi-Ra heard the zombies growling. Some were walking aimlessly towards a table and the table along with them fell, some were kicking the sand and some were walking in different rooms. There were around eight or so zombies, Mi-Ra counted, keeping track of how many stayed on the same floor and how many left.

On-Jo trembled to the side, taking a metal stick but Ha-Ri and Cheong-San immediately surrounded her. Cheong-San took ahold of her wrist and On-Jo began to wiggle herself out of it but the boy didn't let go so when Cheong-San took the stick out of her hand, On-Jo fell on her knees and began to cry. Ha-Ri sat down and covered her mouth with her hands, hugging the girl and letting her cry on her shoulder. Cheong-San knelt down too and hugged On-Jo, keeping her close to himself.

Mi-Ra couldn't blame her. It must be so hard, seeing your father get bitten right in front of you. The group was all sad, Ha-Ri had a tear down her cheek, Dae-Su and Gyeong-Su looked like they were close to crying too and few were shaking.

Mi-Ra leaned back onto the wall, closing her eyes and sighing. Suhyeok reached out and held her hand, pulling her head so that she was now leaning onto his shoulder. To die was better, it was easier to forget someone who had died, but it was hard to forget someone who had changed. To think that the very last image of the people you love, got to love and even started getting familiar with would be a human-eating, blood thirsty monster was such a sickening image, such a horrifying and traumising existence.

Mi-Ra knew the group would never recover from what had happened these past few days, especially On-Jo or Cheong-San. And not just them, of course. All of them had seen so much, it would haunt them and eat them alive.

"Damn it, nothing is working out." Mi-Jin commented after an hour or so of silence. "We keep hitting dead ends."

"Would you just be quiet?" Dae-Su mumbled. "It's your fault Joon-Yeong died."

At that, Mi-Ra opened her eyes. Sure, Mi-Jin and Joon-Yeong argued before the battle but Mi-Ra wouldn't blame Mi-Jin for that, she saw how sad and broken her friend was when Joon-Yeong died.

"Dae-Su. Don't." Wu-Jin said.

"If you hadn't bitched at him and just shut up, he would have never jumped out there." Dae-Su continued.

Mi-Jin looked at him blankly. "Okay. It's my fault. Happy?"

"Mi-Jin-"

"Are you happy, asshole?" Mi-Jin asked again, interrupting Mi-Ra.

To be fair, Mi-Ra blamed herself instead. If she didn't listen to her hunger and thirst, she would have been able to tear the zombies away in time and Joon-Yeong wouldn't have gotten himself bit.

"You give it a rest too." Wu-Jin said, looking at Mi-Jin. "Ya, Dae-Su." He added, turning to look at his friend. "What does it matter who's responsible for someone's death? What does living and dying even mean? I don't know! If we make it out, will it really be living?" Dae-Su looked down, Mi-Jin turned to look at Wu-Jin. "Ya, you know our friends died. And our parents too. What's the point?"

"Do you wanna die?" Mi-Jin asked. "Then will you die? Try being a senior. Then you'll really wanna die."

"Yeah, big deal, you're a senior." Dae-Su snickered.

"You try being one. You'll see what it's like!" Mi-Jin shot back. "You kids, you better survive till next year and see what it's like being seniors. Survive until next your and tell me which is harder, zombies or senior year."

Mi-Ra smiled and shook her head, knowing that that was Mi-Jin's way of begging them to survive and not die in this hellhole. Mi-Jin wasn't very good with words so just hearing her say that, Mi-Ra knew she just wanted everyone to survive but she knew the group didn't really know that Mi-Jin meant them good with that. Either way, they'll know soon enough, as soon as they get to know Mi-Jin better.

"Hey," Ha-Ri softly said to On-Jo. Mi-Ra was pretty sure no one could hear her because she was whispering but Mi-Ra found herself not caring that she was overhearing. "Your father. He... he saved all of our lives, you know. I'll never forget what he did. None of us ever will." On-Jo nodded and Mi-Ra smiled, playing with Suhyeok's hand as she listened. "If many people remembered someone, that person is sure to go to heaven."

On-Jo hummed and looked away.

"Hey, Mi-Ra," Suhyeok whispered.

"Hm?"

"Let's go on a date when we get out of here." Suhyeok suggested.

"What?" Mi-Ra asked, shocked and actually wondering if she heard him correctly.

"I'd like to take you out on a date, what? I can't do that?" Suhyeok asked, frowning.

"No, no, that's not what I meant." Mi-Ra shook her head. "I'm just- well it was all of a sudden, that's all."

Suhyeok smiled and nodded. "Where would you want to go?" He asked.

"I don't know," admited Mi-Ra. "Maybe stargaze? Or a bookstore date?"

"Bookstore?" Wondered Suhyeok.

"Yeah, like we can check out books and buy them and read them together with some snacks." Mi-Ra explained. "Or we can watch Happiness?"

"What's that?"

Mi-Ra gasped, dramatically rolling her eyes and slapping Suhyeok on the shoulder.

"One of the best shows? With Hyung-Sik and Han Hyo-Joo!" She replied, making a dramatic pause and then adding, "yep, that's part of a date we will do. You need to watch it!"

Suhyeok chuckled and nodded, pulling Mi-Ra in his embrace once again. "Sure, anything you want."

Mi-Ra smiled and nodded, snuggling closer. It was nice, talking about normal things instead of worrying about dying or planning an escape route to save their lives. Sure, Mi-Ra still couldn't accept the fact that Suhyeok liked her back, it was still awkward for her and she was still shy but that didn't stop her in accepting any type of comfort Suhyeok provided.

"Mi-Jin." Ha-Ri then said, standing up and taking a metal stick. "Let's go."

"Eh? Where? Why?" Mi-Jin asked.

"Let's look for a good spot where we can jump off." Ha-Ri replied. "We're the oldest."

"Sure. Whatever." Mi-Jin grumbled. "It's not like we get any respect."

"I'll go this way," Ha-Ri pointed to the right side. "You go that way." She pointed to the left side and began to walk to the right, stepping on the added wooden planks and walking near the wall.

"Ah... she's so cool." Mumbled Mi-Jin, sighing and getting up.

"Whipped." Mi-Ra commented.

Mi-Jin sent her a glare.

"Says you?" Mi-Jin questioned, nodding towards the way Mi-Ra was snuggled in Suhyeok's arms.

"Shut up." Grumbled Mi-Ra.

Mi-Jin laughed and walked towards the other side but Suhyeok stood up and blocked her path.

"I'll go." He offered.

Such a gentlemen. Thought Mi-Ra. Won't last though, Mi-Jin is stubborn and has short temper.

"Stay down, kid." Mi-Jin ordered.

"It's okay." Insisted Suhyeok.

Mi-Jin tried to push Suhyeok but he stood his ground.

"You little..!" The girl threatened to punch him and Suhyeok flinched back, watching with wide eyes as Mi-Jin walked past him. "Get away."

Suhyeok stood there blankly, confused at what happened and Mi-Ra laughed, patting the ground next to her as Suhyeok sat down. She laughed some more, enjoying the look on Suhyeok's face that even Nam-Ra laughed on the other side of Suhyeok.

"Don't mess with Mi-Jin," Mi-Ra told him. "You will lose."

"Noticed." Snickered Suhyeok.

Mi-Ra laughed some more before her laugh died down and snuggled back into Suhyeok's arms.

"I hope no one steps up anymore." Mi-Ra heard On-Jo whisper. "Whatever ends up happening... I hope no one sacrifices themselves."

After that, Mi-Ra blocked On-Jo's voice, not wanting to cry again or even hear how broken On-Jo was. Instead, she played with the sleeves of Suhyeok's jacket which was big on her but somehow it wasn't effecting her running or fighting. She didn't plan on giving it back to him, never thought of that but it wasn't like Suhyeok asked for the jacket back anyway so it was a win-win situation.

Mi-Ra could hear distant voices. Far, far away from where she was. They were muffed, like gibberish at first and she wasn't sure from where they came from but there was one voice that she recognised and it was the commander's voice she heard back when they were supposed to be rescued. That brought the question on how could she hear so far away? But at the same time, the voices dulled again and then after few minutes, they highened and so on. It went up and down for minutes and minutes.

It was also hurting her ears and that caused her hunger to raise. Everytime she was annoyed or the smell was too strong or even a noise was too loud, it triggered her hunger but she managed to push it back, bitting the inside of her cheek.

Then Suhyeok whispered Nam-Ra's name and Mi-Ra's attention shot up.

She looked towards Nam-Ra to find the girl starting at a fresh bite on her hand, her left eye bloodshot red, purple and red veins all around it and the downside of the eye somewhat looking melted. There was blood on her mouth too and she looked shaken up and scared.

"Nam-ra," Mi-Ra panicked, scooting towards the girl and taking her bitten hand in hers. "Did you just bite yourself?"

Nam-Ra trembled.

"I think she leaned in to bite me but then bit herself to stop." Suhyeok slowly explained.

"It's okay," Mi-Ra reassured, brushing the tear that slipped from Nam-Ra's eye.

"It's not okay." Mumbled Nam-Ra, shaking and visibly twitching.

"Yes it is," Mi-Ra insisted. "You promised you will find me something to eat, yeah? So I'll find you something to eat as well. We will eat together, okay? We will deal with everything together."

"Mi-Ra..."

"No, you can't protest or deny anything I'll say or do." Mi-Ra said. "You go, I go. You stay, I stay. You suffer... I suffer. Got it?"

Nam-Ra nodded and began to cry, reaching to hug Mi-Ra as the said girl hugged her sister back, tightly holding her to herself and making sure to reassure Nam-Ra as much as possible. She made eye contact with Suhyeok, nodding towards one of the bandages as the boy confusedly nodded and untangled one pair of it, handing it to Mi-Ra.

"Mi-Ra?" Asked Nam-Ra confusedly and with a small voice when the girl broke the hug.

"I'll cover your zombie eye, okay?" Mi-Ra asked. "If you don't look from it, you won't feel as hungry as now."

Nam-Ra nodded and let Mi-Ra cover her eye, tying the end behind her head and making sure it was well rolled around so that it wouldn't fall off. She then pulled the sleeve of Suhyeok's jacket and brushed the blood off of Nam-Ra's mouth, sending the girl a smile.

"Are- are you feeling okay?" Asked Nam-Ra.

"Mhmm," hummed Mi-Ra. "I'm really hungry but I can hold it off."

Nam-Ra nodded. "If you don't feel okay, please tell me?"

"Of course I will, you are my lifeline, aren't you?" Mi-Ra smiled.

Nam-Ra smiled back and nodded.

Ha-Ri and Mi-Jin returned from the side Mi-Jin went at. The two came in front of the group, kneeling down and looking at everyone. They quickly explained that the wooden planks go all around the building and that there's no way to go because the planks drop at the basement on the side Mi-Jin went and there were exposed steels bars, no way they could jump there. Ha-Ri then said that the side she was on faces the school so there's no way of trying there either.

"The ground is filled with zombies, we'll die if we go down." Mi-Jin commented.

"There's a door on the first floor that leads to the mountain." Ha-Ri said. "We have to go that way."

"But it's full of zombies in there." Dae-Su reminded her.

Cheong-San looked up and pointed towards the higher metal planks. "Can't we reach the roof if we use that and the windows?" He asked. "If someone goes to the roof and screams, the zombies will follow them. Then I'm pretty sure it'll empty out in there, and the rest can escape."

"I think it can work." Suhyeok nodded.

"No." On-Jo sternly said.

"If that's the only way-"

"I said no." On-Jo coldly interrupted. "Please stop sacficing yourselves."

"Yeah, I agree with you." Hyo-Ryung added. "We said we'll all survive together."

"Me too. I feel the same." Dae-Su chipped in.

"I'm with you guys too." Wu-Jin agreed.

"Same here," commented Gyeong-Su.

Mi-Jin sighed. "Then we should just wait for now."

"And then what?" Asked Ha-Ri. "Do you have a plan?"

"Maybe if it rains again, they won't be able to hear us." Mi-Jin suggested.

"Who knows when it's gonna rain?" Asked Ha-Ri.

Mi-Jin sat down on her butt and stretched her legs a little, sighing and groaning. "Don't worry. My knees are throbbing. It's gonna rain soon." Mi-Jin confidently said. "You'll see." She added and looked up.

The group all looked up as well, seeing few white clouds and birds flying around and chipping happily.

"It's way too clear." Dae-Su commented.

The group looked back at Mi-Jin.

Said girl hummed and frowned in a pouty way.

"Ah, don't trust Mi-Jin and her witchy ass prophecies." Mi-Ra laughed. "They've never worked."

"Ya! It worked when I told you that you'll get an F on your math test!" Mi-Jin argued back.

"That's because I told you I didn't study and even I knew I was gonna get an F!" Mi-Ra shot back. "And plus-"

Mi-Ra stopped abruptly, looking up at the sky.

What was that?

She heard buzzing and then a man talking.

"Hear that?" Asked Nam-Ra.

"Yeah, what the fuck?" Replied Mi-Ra.

"What?" Asked Suhyeok.

"They're saying to take cover." Replied Nam-Ra.

"Who is?" Gyeong-Su asked.

"This is a public announcement.
Explosives will be detonated at the sports complex," Mi-Ra recitated. "Hyosan high-school, Future Collage, and Hyosan Intersction."

"If you hear this, take shelter in subways and underground garages." Nam-ra added, also recitating what the man was saying.

Mi-Ra was pretty sure he was in a helicopter because she heard the buzzing of the engine and it sounded like he was talking on a microphone, trying to warn everyone that were still humans.

"What do you mean explosions?!" Panicky asked Hyo-Ryung, eyes wide.

"Are you sure about that?" Asked Suhyeok.

"Ya! Are those fucking soilders gonna shoot missiles at us?!" Wu-Jin asked, furious.

"When is it gonna happen?" Asked Dae-Su.

"I can't hear, you?" Asked Mi-Ra, looking at her sister.

"I can't really tell, either." Nam-ra replied. "They're just saying to evacuate right now."

"Shit." Cursed Mi-Jin. "Where do they expect us to go, huh?!"

"When are they gonna bomb this place?" Pressed Dae-Su, stuttering and panicking.

"We said we don't know- ah fuck!" Screamed Mi-Ra, covering her eyes at the same time as Nam-Ra.

"What? What happened? Are you okay?" Suhyeok panicked, moving to hold Mi-Ra.

"They- they are fucking sending drones everywhere!" Mi-Ra shouted. "They are playing a disturbing noise, fucking assholes, Lord hold me or else I'll fucking kill all of them-"

"Calm down, hey," Suhyeok whispered, rubbing the skin under her eyes and pulling her in a hug. "Don't get angry, your eyes are getting redder than usual."

"Huh? Are they always red?" Mi-Ra asked, hearing bones twitching inside her.

"They have been somewhat red since the fight inside the gym." Replied Suhyeok.

"Won't we all die if we just stay here?" Asked Hyo-Ryung.

Nam-Ra gulped and looked up at the sky as if trying to hear more but Mi-Ra's ears were blocked by the annoying sound that she couldn't hear. She hoped her sister could gather some more information though.

"Do they say where to flee to?" Asked On-Jo, looking at the two sisters.

"Yes, didn't you hear when they recicated? They said to hide underground." Gyeong-Su replied.

"What if they drop a nuclear bomb?" Asked Hyo-Ryung.

"Korea doesn't have Nukes! What are you saying?!" Dae-Su snickered.

"Whatever!" Hyo-Ryung said. "They're gonna blow up our school."

"Where are we supposed to take cover? There's nowhere to hide!" Wu-Jin angrily said.

"Mi-Ra?!" A very disturbing and raging voice screamed from inside the building. "Cheong-San?!"

Mi-Ra gulped.

Cheong-San and Mi-Ra made eye contact.

Gwi-Nam.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Author's note:

Hiya! Here's chapter 24!! The story is slowly coming to an end ahhh I'm so sad! But if there's season two, I'm definitely gonna write book two hehehe

So... Good luck with the next chapter?

Anyway,

Have a nice day/night <3

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

178K 12.2K 70
🐥🐰 : Pure Fiction 🖤 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : "Don't look at me like that" Jungkook whispers panic...
359K 10.6K 46
A girl named Y/n L/n who's cold towards anyone and everyone no matter who you are or what you've done for her She's incredibly smart and has extremel...
278K 13.2K 72
"Jungkook : I told you I will make you feel how hell look like" "YN : Well congratulations Mr jeon jungkook I feel there's no difference between hell...
205K 5.6K 42
" Our hearts closed off and stubbornly set in stone Refusing to acknowledge it all " Chan-mi could never imagine that her normal school day would end...