You Are My Spring

De E__lizz_a

"You are my spring",she whispered against my lips, forcing me to smile as I leaned in again for a passionate... Mais

YOU ARE MY SPRING
BOOK COVER
CHARACTERS
MEETING THE SPRING BOY
THE HOSPITAL
THE DATE
AM I FALLING IN LOVE?
Author's Note
A SLEEPOVER
CRUSH!!
Mr. ANNOYANCE
THE KISS
OBSESSIONS
THE PROPOSAL
YOU ARE MY SPRING
THE END

THE CRASH

19 4 0
De E__lizz_a

I stared at the fallen leaves on the ground as I waited for Rachel.Like any other time this spring will also be over soon.But I wasn't ready to say farewell.I never had been.Yet,I had bid farewell when the time came. It's something I can't stop from happening. Just like beautiful things coming into our life unexpectedly and disappearing without a warning, seasons were also something that came and disappeared in a hurry from my life.

I looked up at the afternoon sky and smiled.

Beautiful
Like him.

Oh yeah,Something else had been bothering me recently.Something that made me think about him all day and night;in the bath and bed;at school and home. Especially those kisses.One from 10 years ago and one from the last day. Even if they were on my hands,I felt its effect through the electric sparks and fireworks in my body. The same heated feeling from years ago.

I didn't know if it was love or like or lust. I couldn't believe that I,Elaina Johnson, who rarely had a thing for boys, was falling head over heels for some guy with ocean blue eyes.
Yeah,his eyes drove me crazy everytime it met with mine.

I should avoid them next time.

What I wanted was to discuss my problem with someone, someone who could understand me.
That's how I ended up calling Rachel,who was tons experienced in such stuff.
Rita was busy on her date with Mr Johns.
I will kill her next time.
It was Tuesday evening and I was sitting at the park near my aunt's home waiting for Rachel to come.I had came here despite my tiring day at the school.

"Hey"
I turned left and saw Rachel running towards me. Even if she was only two years younger than me,she behaved like a 10 year old around me. We had been pretty close since I moved into Aunt's.

"What's up?" She asked as she sat down next to me on the bench.
"Sky."
"Oh really? I thought the ocean"
"Nothing's up"
"Of course not. You never call me simply.Tell me what it is? Any problem at work?"
"Oh no, school is all fine." I muttered.
"Then what?"
"Well...." I stammered.I was feeling beyond the word embarrassed to confess that I was confused with my own feelings.

"Some guys hitting on you?" She asked, showing off her vampire fangs.
"Nopppppppppp!!!!!!!!!" I blurted out.
"That's it!!!,tell me who it is! Now!"
She whispered,coming close and staring closely at my face.
All my willpower I gathered to talk about it vapourised that moment.
"Well,you know... there is this guy who keeps on making my heart beat fast whenever I am with him."
"Wow,do I know him?"
"Well,Yeah!"
"Ok,tell me the rest"
"Nothing more"
"Come on,tell me."
I sighed.
"Last day he kissed my hand and I felt electric sparks and fireworks throughout my body and now I am confused."
"Wow, that's a good news"
" Do you think that...."
"Think what?".
" That I like that person?"
"Are you a fool or something?" Rachel pinched my ear .

" Why?" I asked her in my puppy-like voice.
" Of course!! We get that feeling when we like someone! I can't believe that I am cousins with someone like you!"
" But you know,I hardly know him!!!"
" Oh, it's ok. If you hang out with him more you will get to know him."
"Aah!!" I scoffed.
"Now,can you tell me who that person is.."
"No way,I don't even know if he likes me back!."
"Tell me his name please...."
"Stop nagging, will tell you later"
"Oh God,I can't wait to meet him."

You already met him, girl.

"Whatever."
"Had tea?"
"Yeah,drank on the way"
"Ok then,if you have nothing else to say,I am leaving."
" Everything okay with you? Aunty alright?"
"Yep, I am getting a promotion next month. Mom is ok as well."
"Glad to hear" I said, standing up.
"I am walking home then"She said, waving at me.
"See you later" I waved back.
"Is it Edward,the guy from last week?"
"What?" I felt my heart skipping a beat at the mere mention of his name.
"So it is! I will tell mom" She shouted back at me like a little kid and ran before I could tell her no.

I am freaking shy.
I sighed.
I knelt down and picked up a maple leaf from the ground. Even if its orange shade was close to fading,it looked beautiful enough for my eyes.

I'm in a good mood!:)

I plugged in my earphones and began walking towards the nearby bus stop.
The sun was going to set soon and the surroundings were giving off a dull vibe.I was so immersed in my thoughts that I didn't see the bus stopping at the stop and people getting off. I only noticed it when the bus was about to take off .Without thinking twice I began running to reach the stop without even taking off my earphones.I just wanted to reach home as fast as possible.

But God didn't want me to go home I guess.I crashed right into someone who came running from the left and fell down.I didn't know whom to get angry at that moment. At myself for not noticing the bus or at that person who crashed onto me.Anyway I chose to vent my anger at the second option.

But the second I locked my eyes with those blue oceans and it's owner who was kneeling beside his broken sunglasses, I couldn't even think of any curse word let alone open my mouth to shout.

Why am I like this?

My knees were burning with pain.
I tried to stand up but I felt my ankles twisting in pain.
Did I just run into an iron wall or something?
The song 'let me love you' by Justin Bieber was still playing in my one earphone which hadn't fallen out when I fell down.

                ********************

"Hey man, where are you?" I whisper yelled at Jason through the phone.
What a nice friend.
"I am almost there", He answered me back in his always-calm voice.
I cursed him in my mind before ending the call.

I had been sitting inside this damn cafe waiting for him for almost 15 minutes. Jason was the only Italian friend I had in the US and now here in Italy as well.We hung out with each other once in a while. He was working as a legal advisor for some company.

Right now I didn't want anything but to discuss about Elaina with him. Thoughts about her had been driving me crazy since last Saturday. But I wasn't ready to be in a relationship or whatever it was.I didn't want the history to repeat. I didn't know whether she would be the same as that woman.

From time to time I felt women in the cafe eyeing me hungrily. But I felt nothing but pure anger and annoyance building inside me.They reminded me of that bitch who cared about nothing but good looks.

Thalia Jordan.

I didn't even want to remember her name. It disgusted me. I thought I would forget her eventually but right now my past was affecting me in a serious way.
I sighed, glancing down at my chocolate tea.
Through the glass walls I saw Jason crossing the road and walking into the cafe I was in.

"DID YOU ERUPT?" He asked, right after sitting across from me and taking off his coat.
"Wanna DIE?"
"No thanks,is it that hard to wait?"He laughed, showing off his perfectly arranged teeth.
"Nop, it's not at all hard"
I ran my hands through my hair out of frustration.
"Stop frowning" I heard him say.
"Aren't you not going to order anything?"
"Of course"
                           ********
"What was that you wanted to talk about?"
Jason asked, sipping his coffee.
"Well that!, Remember me talking about a girl I knew in France? Elaina?" I asked him.

Jason knew everything about me. He was the close thing I had for a best friend ever since I came here.

"The one who named you spring boy?"
"Exactly!"
"Mm..what about her?"
"I met her here a few weeks ago,coincidentally."
"Isn't she dead?Are you sure it isn't a ghost?"I knew Jason would be surprised. Even I was freaking shocked to see her.
"She isn't,she somehow survived" I told him.
"Wonderful"
"After that I hung out with her a couple of times"
"Nice"
"I think I like her," I blurted out, covering my face.
"Didn't you like her back then as well?" I sensed the sarcasm in his words.

Man..

"Nah! That was just an attraction or maybe...,I am not sure."
"Believe whatever you want!!! What is the problem here?"
"But I don't want to like her! What if she also turns out to be like that bitch?" I whisper-yelled at him.
"Oh God! Not everyone is like her!,it wasn't your fault that she was two timing behind your back." He groaned in frustration.

"But still,I don't want to be in a relationship right now!" I said.

"Then you shouldn't"

"But you know,I can't stop myself from messaging her or thinking about her."
"That's pretty funny though" He smirked.

"It isn't, whenever our eyes meet,I can't look away... I am helpless. She is really pretty.It's like she is a magnet and I am a helpless piece of iron"

"Then go for it,Dude!" He said.
"I don't know what to do," I groaned.
"You have plenty of time,take it easy."

I leaned against my chair and sighed.
Life isn't easy. I stared out of the cafe and noticed that the sun was going to set soon.The trees were covered in the evening glow of the sun..
As I glanced outside I spotted a familiar brown car being towed away by the police.

Wait what!!!

"JASON!!!" I shouted.
"What!!!!??" He shouted back.
"Isn't that your car??!!!!" I asked, pointing my finger.
He looked out and realised it was his.
"Wait what!! Did I park it in the non-parking area?" He shouted out loud and the whole cafe turned their attention towards us .

Shit!!

"I gotta go" He stood up and stormed out of the cafe.
"Oh shit!! Bring my mobile to me"
I saw his coat and phone lying on the table.
Why are you so careless?

I hoped that he would get his car back after paying the fine.
He was such a careless guy. Well, I couldn't expect anything more from a guy who studied language on the day of political science exam.

After paying the bill I grabbed his coat and phone and stormed out of the cafe. I saw a bus which was about to leave the stop as I ran and planned to cross the road before it took off. As I ran I felt my sunglasses threatening to fall off my pants pocket.

In a hurry I glanced down at my pocket and reached onto the glasses. At that moment I crashed onto someone running in a hurry and fell back. My mission to save my sunglasses officially failed. I heard it shatter as I fell.

damn.

I hoped none of my bones broke as I tried to get on my knees. I wanted to see the one who crashed onto me. I glanced at that person who was trying to stand up and the first thing I noticed was her long brown hair and then my eyes met hers. They looked confused with anger and frustration but I saw it all melting away slowly. One of her knees was bleeding and her knuckles looked pretty bruised. In addition,she was finding it difficult to stand up.

Elaina!

What the hell have I done!?damn it.

______
Y'all how's this...
Don't forget to vote
❤️

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

169 48 34
(under editing, interested ones may reach out to me) In the symphony of love, their melodies intertwined, yet fate's chorus whispered no promise of f...
263K 10.8K 25
"I knew if I wanted a relationship, I should find someone else. But I didn't want anyone else and I still don't." I managed to take his arm from arou...
951 0 41
⚠️ Warning: angst, tragedy, major character's death --- Elli returns the kiss passionately. Their very first and last official kiss. Everything i...
4.5K 80 26
[Warning.May contain] Bad language (Doesn't really appear a lot) A boyxboy love story. This story goes about the life of a Filipino boy named Blake R...