Re:Zero A racer starts life i...

Από Mach-77

Being successful in life is nice. But when that success is overshadowed by a feeling of emptiness, no matter... Περισσότερα

OC Introduction:
Chapter 1: Crashing in a new world
Chapter 3: The cutting edge of the Loot house
Chapter 4: Have you booked a maid?
Chapter 5: Dinner Request
Chapter 6: Dress code
Chapter 7: Teasing
Chapter 8: First helping day
Chapter 9: A million volt smile
Chapter 10: Mysterious time travel
Chapter 11: Plan of action
Chapter 12: Irritated
Chapter 13: It stings
Chapter 14: NEETS
Chapter 15: Training and story
Chapter 16: Departure
Chapter 17: Interrogation
Chapter 18: Nightmare
Chapter 19: New beginning
Chapter 20: Helping hand
Chapter 21: Transformation
Chapter 22: Magical discussions
Chapter 23: Wet floor
Chapter 24: Lap pillow
Chapter 25: The village that bites
Chapter 26: Curse and disparition
Chapter 27: The search
Chapter 28: Steaming hot
Chapter 29: Blood, dirt and tears
Chapter 30: Hornless Oni
Chapter 31: Watch out. Minefield
Chapter 32: Rely on me
Chapter 33: Surprise breakfast
Chapter 34: Sisterly confidence
Chapter 35: From eggs to mush
Chapter 36: Heating up
Chapter 37: I'm tasting it
Author note

Chapter 2: Slow pace chase

959 34 7
Από Mach-77

???: "What the hell is THAT thing doing here?! How did it come here?!"

The person sitting on Christophe's car hood looks back in shock at the rather unusual and unexpected sight of a yellow and black sports car. Inside, Christophe looks at the person, being a boy with black spiky hair, definitely Japanese, probably in his 17 years and wearing a black and white tracksuit with yellow/orange accents. In his right hand, a convenience store bag is held.

Lowering the driver side window, Christophe looks out of it, towards the boy.

Christophe: "Are... Are you ok?"

Strangely enough, the boy looks back at him and nods.

???: "Uuh... Y-Yeah, I'm ok. I think."

Ch/???: "Wait, he can understand me and I can understand him?"

Putting his feet back on the ground, the boy walks towards Christophe, still with a surprised look on his face.

???: "Please tell me this is an illusion."

Raising his brows, Christophe replies to the boy.

Christophe: "I'm as shocked as you are..."

Ch/???: "Are you from..."

Christophe: "...Earth?"

Nodding, the boy replies.

???: "Yeah. 21st century?"

Nodding back, Christophe asks a question.

Christophe: "What are you doing here? I mean, are you just randomly searching your way or do you have something in mind?"

???: "Well, yeah, I'm searching for someone, actually. Also, you don't seem Japanese. Have you learned how to speak it?"

Christophe: "Well, to me, you seem to speak French rather fluently. I don't know how we can understand each other that well. Anyway, what's your name?"

(A/N): I know that the world of Re:zero has its language being very close to Japanese, but I think it works well like that. And yes, my main language is French. And no, I'm not French, I'm from Belgium :P

Striking a rather weird pose with a finger up in the air, the boy announces himself.

Subaru: "I am Natsuki Subaru! Not only am I clueless, I'm also broke beyond compare! Nice to meet you!"

Christophe: "Oh boy... I've fallen onto a special case apparently..."

Mentally facepalming on Subaru's weird pose and announcement, Christophe stares at him for a rather long moment.

Stopping his weird pose and putting his hand to the back of his head, Subaru starts to get a bit uncomfortable.

Subaru: "Uhm... I would rather not have you stare at me like that. It's rather uncomfortable..."

Snapping back out of his thoughts and mental facepalming, Christophe replies.

Christophe: "Oh, sorry. My name is Christophe Schelfthout. You can forget trying to pronounce my name and immediately call me either Christophe or Chris. No need for honorifics either."

Subaru: "Wow... He casually closed the distance between us."

Christophe: "So, you said you were looking for someone, right?"

Subaru: "Yes, I'm looking for a blonde girl who is rather acrobatic. She stole something important and I want her to give it back."

Staring deadpanned at Subaru, Christophe is being suspicious.

Christophe: "What? She stole your heart or something?"

Subaru: "I'm not saying it like that! I'm not a pervert!"

Putting his fist in front of him, Subaru replies back, visibly offended by what Christophe said. His reaction was typically what you would see in an anime when someone tries to defend themselves.

Christophe: "Heh, whatever rocks your boat, I guess. Anyway, here, hop in. I'm in a good enough mood to help someone."

Christophe opens the passenger door as he says that. Subaru looks a bit confused and asks a question.

Subaru: "You're gonna trust me just like that?"

Christophe: "What? I mean, we are two people from Earth in an unknown world. Wouldn't that be enough to help each other?"

Walking around the front of the car, Subaru climbs in the passenger seat and closes the door.

Subaru: "I guess you're right. Well, that girl seems to have headed this way. It would have been rather difficult for me to find her on foot. Besides- Oh, wait! There she is! On the rooftops!"

Pointing in a direction in front of the car, Christophe tries to follow where Subaru has pointed. Seeing a girl running on the rooftops and jumping with high agility, one thing strikes Christophe.

Christophe: "Really?! You're chasing a child?!"

Subaru: "I told you, it's not like that! She really stole something important! And it's not my heart! I'm not a lolimancer!"

Not wanting to argue further with Subaru, Christophe sighs.

Christophe: "I hope I won't regret my actions..."

Christophe: "Well, if you want me to catch her, I suggest you cover your ears for a couple of seconds."

Subaru: "Huh? Why?"

Suddenly mashing the throttle, the engine revs up to the redline, 7500rpm, suddenly screaming, enough to make all ground dragons stop in fear for a short moment.

Subaru: "HOLY CRAP THAT THING IS LOUD!"

Surprised, startled and having his ears hurt, Subaru shouts to be able to hear himself, even though the engine sound quickly returned back to a more reasonable level.

Christophe: "No need to shout, I heard you loud and clear."

Slowly moving to avoid causing a panic with the dragons, Christophe finally is able to rejoin the road and follows the traffic that resumes normally, not counting the stressed dragon that follows his car. Poor beast.

____________________________________________________________

While driving, Christophe and Subaru were chatting a little bit, mostly to get to know each other a bit better.

Subaru: "Say, Chris, how did you come here?"

Christophe: "Well, I got literally harassed by a woman asking me to "help and save her beloved". She almost killed us and I finally accepted."

Subaru looks a bit confused. Letting his curiosity get the better of him, he asks his question.

Subaru: "Almost killed you? What happened?"

Christophe: "I was headed to a hospital to have me examined. I thought I was going crazy when I heard her voice while taking a pick-me-up. Turned out that I was not crazy at all."

Subaru: "A "pick-me-up"? What did you do to need one?"

Hesitating, Christophe takes a slight pause before answering.

Christophe: "Should I really tell him? I don't want people to befriend me because I'm a professional racer..."

Seeing Christophe not answering and rather deep in thought, Subaru speaks up.

Subaru: "Hey, if you don't want to say it, then I won't-"

Interrupting him, Subaru did not expect what Christophe's answer was.

Christophe: "I'm a racing driver. My team and I were racing at the 24h of Le Mans. We were starting the night part of the race. I just woke up from a nap and I needed that pick-me-up to be able to race. Turned out that some random magical elf woman chose me to be an adventurer in a foreign world and took my car along with me."

Subaru is literally shocked to hear that.

Subaru: "Y-You're a race driver?! Holy crap! That explains why you have that kind of car!"

Shrugging Subaru's reaction off, Christophe replies.

Christophe: "Enough talk about me. How about you? How did you enter this world? And how much longer were you here? You seem to be more knowledgeable than me about this location."

Looking down, Subaru stares at his grocery bag, containing some kind of Japanese snacks and noodle cup.

Subaru: "I was at a grocery store, getting something to eat. When I headed out, I was starting to feel sleepy and rubbed my eyes. When I opened them, I saw a bright light blocking my view. When I was able to see again, I was in the middle of this city. As for how long I was here..."

Hesitant, Subaru first thinks to himself before replying.

Subaru: "I don't think he'll believe me if I said that I was here a good moment ago and I died a couple of times... I'd rather avoid saying that to him. He already suspected me for being a pervert... I don't want any more misunderstandings like that."

Subaru: "I would guess an hour or two before you came in. When I was searching for that girl, I suddenly heard a strange sound. Looks like you and your car were the source of it."

Nodding, Christophe starts to ask a bit more.

Christophe: "Tell me about this girl. Do you know her? Or where she lives? Maybe we could head there if you want her to give back whatever she stole."

Subaru then starts to explain how this girl, named Felt, stole an insignia from a silver haired girl. He "quickly" learned where she lived and wanted to go over there until his encounter with Christophe after an encounter with thugs in a dark alley and his subsequent encounter with a knight called Reinhard. All the while losing sight of the girl and stopping in a less crowded area of the city to gather their thoughts.

Confused about one thing, Christophe asks a question.

Christophe: "Wait, something seems weird here. You said that that Felt girl stole an insignia from a silver haired girl, right?"

Subaru: "Yeah, why do you ask?"

Christophe: "Did this girl have amethyst eyes and elf ears?"

Subaru: "Wait, you've seen her? Where?!"

Christophe: "Well, right where you're sitting right now. Back on Earth."

Shocked to hear that, Subaru inquires more.

Subaru: "Hold on. You've seen her back on Earth? Are you sure it's the same person?"

Raising a brow at Subaru's question, Christophe states the obvious on his part.

Christophe: "I mean, when the shadow around her magically dissipated, I could briefly see her face, but long enough to notice the sad look she had and her facial features."

Putting his hand on his chin, Subaru starts to think.

Subaru: "Hmm... The sad look and shadow part does seem a bit off... Are you sure it was the same person? Really?"

Sighing, Christophe doesn't want to argue with his newly found wayward traveler. Instead, he decided to close the topic and resume the search.

Christophe: "Look, I really don't know what's going on. Maybe she has a twin sister or something, but I know very well what I've seen. Anyway, shouldn't we resume the search for this Felt girl?"

Nodding, Subaru replies.

Subaru: "Sure. We'll head directly to the slums and we'll ask directions from there."

As they head towards the slums, Christophe notices Subaru frantically looking around, as if looking for someone, but with a distraught look on his face. His good side getting the best of it and wanting to tease Subaru a little bit, Christophe speaks up.

Christophe: "Alright, we're gonna find your little girl back. Don't worry about it."

Getting a little bit annoyed by his remark, Subaru replies.

Subaru: "It's not that at all! I'm trying to see if there's someone else- Oh! We've arrived! Park somewhere and I'll ask for directions."

Nodding and finding a decent spot to park, Subaru steps out of the car. Before standing up, he turns back and looks at Christophe.

Subaru: "You're coming or what?"

Christophe: "Are you really gonna force me to step out of an expensive modern machinery in the middle of the slums where people never saw something like that? No thank you. I'll stay here and keep anyone away from my car. I don't want to have it damaged."

Subaru. "Alright, whatever you want. I'll be right back."

With that, Subaru fully steps out of the car and goes to ask directions about where Felt lives.

After a short while, he comes back and enters the car once again.

Subaru: "Good. I have a rough location of where she lives. I'll guide you."

Nodding, Christophe starts his car once again and, following Subaru's directions, they head towards the location of Felt's "house".

____________________________________________________________

(A/N): a bit of a shorter chapter this week, but the next one will compensate. As for the update frequency, I'm planning on adding a chapter once every week. It might be a bit longer if I don't have much inspiration, but I'll keep it at once per week most of the time.

I hope you've enjoyed that chapter.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

211K 11.6K 99
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains mature and explicit content. Reader's discretion is advised. ~~~~~~~~ "Father!!!" Asha woke up with her eyes wide a...
341 18 6
Some there be that shadow kiss; Such have but a shadow's bliss. When you give your all for this, when it arrives, will your heart not be amiss? Natsu...
13.9K 306 9
You were just normal person with a normal life and you were just suddenly teleported to one of the most dangerous anime worlds with the original body...
75.7K 947 12
A re:zero male reader insert To begin with, no you are not an edgy prick like Sauske, nor are you an uchiha. You just get the power mysteriously. Sub...