๐†๐€๐Œ๐„ ๐Ž๐… ๐’๐”๐‘๐•๐ˆ๐•๐€๏ฟฝ...

Door carme1awrites

๐™‚๐˜ผ๐™ˆ๐™€ ๐™Š๐™ ๐™Ž๐™๐™๐™‘๐™„๐™‘๐˜ผ๐™‡ โœ โซ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค'๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™๐™–๐™™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ โž ' ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ... Meer

game of survival
extra casting
00
01
02
03
04
05
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
thank you.
THAT WONT SAVE US

06

1.5K 63 11
Door carme1awrites

.* ゚

G    A    M    E         O    F
S    U     R     V     I     V     A     L

· 。゚

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐮𝐩
'𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

chapter six
liar, liar

.·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·.

       ROSIE SAT between Newt and Frypan as she had all of the gladers divided attention. Newt and Minho knew to some extent what was happening to her but doubted her. Especially when her memories have not always been exact. The two friends took it with a grain of salt, just the way Kai told Rosie they would.

         "I know it's a lot." Rosie explained playing with her food with the fork she had in hand. "But, maybe you're right." Rosie turned to look over at Thomas who was surprised at Rosie being on his side.

       "How did you get to this conclusion, Rosie?" Newt asked finishing his plate. "You couldn't have come to it yourself and I know the last time you talked to him was that one time."

        Rosie bit the inside of her cheek turning her head to the three girls that sat at a corner a few tables away. Samadhi and Jess were holding a conversation while Mara sat at the edge of the table playing with the butter knife. The boys followed Rosie's gaze landing on the three girls.

       Mara was in the midst of playing the knife game. Her palm was placed down with her fingers apart stabbing back and forth between her fingers doing her best to not hit her fingers. Every time she moved the knife quicker giving it a bigger chance for her to stab herself.

       Samadhi glanced to her friend wanting to do the same as she grabbed her butter knife as well. The difference between Mara and Samadhi was the speed they were going at and the distance between the fingers. Mara had hers as spread as she could while Samadhi intentionally had hers quite close to each finger.

       The boys all watched the girl start slow mapping out the space and how she should land the knife. In a matter of seconds, Samadhi moved her knife rapidly shocking the boys at the speed of it.

"Them?" Minho asked after taking a notice of Jessie who had catched his eye. The Asian boy felt a little flutter in his stomach and shifted nervously on his seat once Jessie had spotted him looking at her.

Rosie nodded, "they're my roommates and also the girls who want to leave, well not want to—that are going to leave tonight."

"Tonight?" Newt questioned turning back to look at his girlfriend, "and you want us to go with them?"

Thomas ran his fingers through his hair explaining to them, "I know what I saw, guys. I'm with Rosie on this one. This place isn't what they say it is."

          "I can call them over if you guys want." Rosie responded getting all the boys to shift in their seats since they were all intimidated by the girls. Her eyebrow shot up as none of them spoke, "what? Y'all scared or somethin'?"

      None of the boys were able to reply as Janson entered the cafeteria gaining everyone's attention. Thomas turned his head not moving his sight from the older man who walked to the front of the cafeteria.

      "Hello! How is everyone doing?" Janson greeted the survivors as he received a few replies back. "Well, you all know how this works. If I call your name please come stand over here."

       "You guys need to trust me on this," Rosie explained as Janson continued to talk about how the arrangement was going to be. "Something bad is going on."

       Everyone shifted their attention as Janson started calling out names, "Alice."

      "Berry." Rosie grabbed a hold of Newt's hand gaining his attention as he could notice her nervousness. The girl fumbled with his fingers to distract herself from the possibility of any of them being called. "Walt."

     "Edgar. Samantha."

      "I want to know what's through that door." Thomas muttered gaining the attention of the gladers who turned their heads to him.

      Janson kept calling names, "Erin."

      Newt shook his head rubbing Rosie's hand for comfort as he replied back to Thomas, "no, we've been over this. You said they were covered up. You don't know what you saw. It could be anything in there."

      Thomas turned to him, "I know exactly what I saw. They were bodies. Aris said they bring a new batch every night."

      Minho furrowed his eyebrows staring intently at Thomas, "who the hell is Aris?" Everyone turned their heads to where Thomas pointed at. A boy with a hood over his head played with a bagel in his hand staring at it. "Wow, I'm sold."

       "And last but not least, David." The boys turned their heads to the boy who they met the day before. He stood up smiling and walking towards the front. "Thank you for your attention. Enjoy the rest of your evening."

       Rosie fidgeted with her fingers as every second in this place made her want to leave. She knew this wasn't a safe place but barely any of the boys believed her. The only real chance she had was with Thomas.

      "Till we know anything for certain we just keep our heads down and try to not bring any attention to ourselves. Alright?"

      Rosie rolled her eyes at her boyfriend's solution knowing it wouldn't go well with Thomas. Thomas banged on the table standing up and heading towards the front of the cafeteria to try and blend in with the group.

       "What is he doing?" Newt asked as Rosie stood up turning her head to the three girls who also watched his actions.

       Frypan responded, "I think he's drawing attention to himself."

        "Sit down, Rosie." Winston spoke grabbing her attention so people wouldn't look over at them too.

       The girl shook her head, "he's going to do something. I know it."

       Newt and Minho stood up as well once they saw the soldier press his finger on Thomas' chest knowing he'd triggered him. Rosie caught Thomas' glance as he turned around making a scene.

       The Gladers rushed over running to stop Thomas who tried to get through but was pushed back. "What the hell is wrong with you man!?" Thomas yelled pushing the soldier.

       "Watch it!" Rosie yelled as she pulled Thomas back as everyone tried doing the same.

"Control your friend!" The soldier yelled

Rosie took a step back as Newt pulled her towards him when Janson showed up to interviene. "What's happening here!?" He looked around at the group of friends, back to his soldiers, and back to the group. "Thomas, I thought we could trust each other?" Janson put his left hand on Thomas' left shoulder before glancing at Rosie for a good few second before returning to Thomas, "you know, we're all on the same team here."

Rosie glanced behind her to meet Newt who glanced her way too. Newt took a step forward standing behind her and placing his right hand on her right hip. The couple understood that physical touch was the securest form of safety from each other.

"Are we?" Thomas questioned

Janson took another spare glance towards Rosie already having the idea that she was the one making her friends doubt. "Grab the girl, take the rest to their bunks."

The three girls looked at one another wanting to help the group of friends but stayed put knowing they'd help eventually. The soldier that had pushed Thomas away took a few steps forward towards Rosie who kept taking steps back.

"You're not taking her anywhere." Newt intervened blocking the soldiers way as the rest of the boys circled around her arguing as well.

"Move out of the way kid!"

"I'm not moving, you're not taking her away." Newt demanded holding on to Rosie's hand who didn't dare let go. "She didn't do anything wrong."

The soldier glanced at a few other soldiers who each started pulling the gladers away from the circle. "You touch me I swear to god I will kill you." Rosie threatened the soldier who had pushed Newt away and caused their hands to let go. Another soldier grabbed a hold of Rosie's arm but quickly let go once, he felt his arm twist around almost popping the shoulder to dislocate it.

"Rosie," Janson spoke up walking over to her, "let's not cause a scene and scare the rest." The soldiers kept pushing the boys away as they all struggled to help Rosie.

        Rosie shook her head realizing the girls were right and so was Malakai. They were in a bad situation and Rosie realized at that moment who he was. Her vivid memory of him came flooding in as she remembered him being present when they injected her before entering the maze trials.

        "Why are you separating me?" Rosie asked trying to keep her façade of not knowing what was going on in the facility. "It doesn't make sense."

       "I just want to talk. There's no harm in that, right?" Janson spoke a little smile on his lips as he looked down at the girl and whispered, "come with me and nothing happens to your friends."

       The girl could hear the distant protests from the boys who struggled to get out of many soldiers grip. "If anyone lays a hand on them, I will hurt you." Rosie threatened as Janson nodded waving his hand to take the Gladers back to their dorm.

      She knew it wasn't going to be a civil conversation like he said it'd be. They were going to do something to her and she had to be prepared. "Follow me."

       Rosie spared a glance to the three girls as Jess gave her a single nod reassuring her that they'd help her. Janson walked ahead as Rosie followed suit noticing the four soldiers following them right behind her. It didn't take long for them to turn a corner and be out of the cafeteria's sight. Before she knew it, Rosie was grabbed from behind with a hand over her mouth to shush her while another soldier grabbed a hold of  her legs as another soldier started to tie her hands.

      "WHAT THE hell was that about?" Minho asked as they had been pushed inside their designated bunks giving them no time to ask about Rosie.

        "They took Rosie!" Newt raised his voice at Thomas as he kept going, "you didn't really think that they were just going to let you through?"

        Thomas shook his head looking for the tag he'd been able to grab, "no, of course i didn't. I'm going to find out what's on the other side of that door."

       All of the boys sighed in disbelief once Thomas showed them the card he had stolen from the soldier. "Newt, they're hiding something! Okay? Newt, these people are not who they say they are—" Thomas took a few steps back as Newt started to argue with him.

        "No, Thomas, you don't know that! Rosie doesn't know that either!" He argued motioning with his hands, "the only thing that we do know is that they helped us get rescued from WICKED. They gave us new clothes, they gave us food, they gave us a proper bed. Some of us haven't had that in a long time. Some of us a lot longer than others. Because of you, they took Rosie who was just trying to defend you!"

        "I—" Thomas was interrupted by a noise coming from under the bed as the boy named Aris came crawling out.

       "Hey, Thomas."

        "What, the—"

        "You got it, didn't you?" Aris asked

       Thomas nodded as the other boys started to question who the boy was. "Yeah, okay, let's go. Alright maybe you guys are right. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I gotta find out for sure. I'll try to find Rosie. Just cover for me. I'll be back as soon as I can."

       The boys watched Thomas go through the air vent unsure of what to believe. None of the four boys wanted to believe that this place was against them. Newt started doubting himself especially the moment they had taken Rosie away from him. The couple were rarely given time to see one another and that was during the times they'd eat at the cafeteria.

       "What if he's right?" Newt asked, "what if Rosie is in danger right now?"

THE GIRL struggled to get out of the grasp of the soldiers who carried her to an interrogation room. Janson had led the way demanding the girl to be tied up to a chair in case of any acts of violence from her. "Let me go! What the hell is wrong with you people!" Rosie yelled trying to wiggle out of the grasps as they tied her hands behind the chair. "I didn't do anything!"

Janson motioned his hand for the soldiers to leave the room. The man waited for them to evacuate the small room to start his interrogation. He had the greatest doubt that Rosie was lying to them. She knew more than what she was admitting.

"How old are you?" Janson asked running his chin as Rosie tilted her head at him.

The girl shrugged her shoulders pursing her lips annoyed, "how would I know?"

        The man shook his head pacing back and forth before slamming his hands on the table across from her. "What do you know!?"

        "I don't know shit!" Rosie yelled as he had raised his voice at her. "I didn't do anything! What the hell is wrong with you people!?"

         "You don't?" Janson asked sarcastically, "then tell me where you got this." The man invaded Rosie's personal space as he dug his hand inside her pocket of her pants as she struggled to stop him. Janson pulled out the pocket knife with a name carved in, "who's is this?"

      The girl shook her head replying nonchalantly, "I found it."

       Janson breathed in tapping his foot, "if it means I have to hurt you to get answers, I will."

       "I didn't do anything wrong," Rosie spoke with tears forming in her eyes as she tried to put a show for them. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"I know you remember, Rosie." Janson stated, "I know you have your memory back."

The girl shook her head once again, "who are you guys? Why do you want to hurt me so bad?"

Janson maintained himself as he started to doubt himself. Is Rosie really telling the truth or is she lying just like she used to? The man watched the girl as she started to bounce her leg.

"I need you to tell me what you know." Janson responded, "if you tell me I won't hurt you."

Rosie shook her head once again not thinking about what was going to happen, "I don't know anything! Just let me go back to my friends! Please!"

A laugh left his lips before grabbing the metal clipboard from the table and without Rosie expecting it he hit Rosie across the face with it. The hit was so hard Rosie fell to the floor with the chair. Rosie's first instinct was to spit as she felt a weird consistency in her mouth. Her mind battled to figure out how she could get out of this situation.

       "I want you to understand Rosie that I don't believe anything that comes out of your mouth. You know why?" Janson asked looking down at the side of her noticing the smudged blood on her lips as she shook her head. "Because I've been studying and following you for a very long time. You're going to tell me everything you know or I'll keep hurting you."

       Rosie fell silent. She wasn't going to speak a single word about what she remembered. "Give me a break!" Janson raised his voice before kicking her in the stomach igniting a loud yelp in pain.

"How are you not dead yet?" Janson walked up pulling the chair back up lifting her sleeve up to reveal the healing wound. The girl tightened her jaw not knowing what to say as he traced the outlines of the fading purple veins. "You weren't suppose to survive it. Someone helped you. Who?"

The man grabbed Rosie by her throat lifting her head up to make her look at him as his fingers tightened on the carotid arteries in her neck, "answer me!"

        Rosie struggled feeling hopeless as she couldn't move anywhere as Janson cut off the airflow in the neck, preventing oxygen from reaching her brain. The automatic door opened stopping Janson from finishing the strangulation as his hand moved away.

"Chancellor, you have a meeting starting in five." A soldier informed as he waited for Janson's response.

       Janson nodded turning back to look at Rosie, "we're not done," he informed her. The man grabbed the metal clipboard practicing a smile. "Keep watch on her."

      The soldier nodded as he followed Janson out of the room leaving Rosie alone to her thoughts. Tears immediately ran down her face as she had trouble breathing correctly. Her eyes widen as she heard a thump on the ceiling.

       Rosie looked around the room trying to figure out what was happening. Before she knew it, the air vent was opened up and a body jumped out. The person landed crouching to the ground as they flipped their hair to reveal who they were.

       "Do you know what it means to lay low?" Mara questioned giving Rosie a breath of relief as she pushed the table to block the door. "I don't think you do because if you did we wouldn't be in this mess!"

       The tall girl used whatever else was in the room to block the door as she focused on Rosie who struggled to speak, "I didn't do anything wrong."

       Mara stopped as she heard her raspy voice. The girl analyzed Rosie's body realizing they had tried to strangle her. Rosie's face was flushed and had red spots scattered around her face. There were forming bruises around her neck and face. Bloody lips and cuts scattered around. Mara grabbed her pocket knife cutting the ropes freeing the girl from the restraints.

        "It's okay, but we have to go. He's caught onto you and we have to figure out what else he knows." Mara explained wishing she had arrived earlier to help Rosie. Mara grabbed the chair making sure to hold it tight as Rosie stood on it. "I would say to take your time but we really don't have time for that."

      Rosie nodded jumping able to grab onto the air vent and climbing inside. Mara flipped her attention to the door that someone was trying to get into but couldn't. "Hurry!" Rosie spoke clearing her throat as her voice continued to sound raspy.

       The two girls crawled through the air vents as Mara led the way. The two girls climbed out an air vent and inside a room filled with blue lighting somewhat dark. The pair walked in silence as they heard talking which they headed towards to. Rosie doing her best to avoid looking at the bodies connected by wires on each lane.

        She didn't want to see a familiar face.

        Mara grabbed a hold of Rosie's hand hiding themselves behind a pillar as they noticed who was talking. "I think you'll be pleased with the progress we have made." Janson announced to a woman Rosie recognized from the maze, she was suppose to be dead. "As you can see the results are promising. Whatever it is you've been doing to them in there, it's working."

        Ava Paige shook her head slowly speaking, "not well enough. I just received board approval. I want all the remaining subjects sedated and prepped for harvest by the time I arrive."

        Rosie and Mara turn to each other in fear as they needed to go back and tell everyone. "Doctor Paige, we are going as fast as we can. We are still running tests—"

        "Try something faster." She cut him off, "until I can guarantee their security. This is the best plan."

       "Ma'am, security is my job. We're on 24hr lockdown here. I am assuring you, the assets are secure." Janson explained motioning with his hands.

       The woman smiled as she asked, "have you found the Right Arm?"

        "Not yet. We tracked them as far as the mountains—"

        "So they're still out there!" Ava raised her voice, "and they've already hit two of our installations. They want these kids as badly as we do and I cannot afford another loss, not now that we are so close to a cure! If you are not up to the task then I will find someone who is."

        Ava Paige turned around to sit back down to her chair. "That won't be necessary. I might suggest we start with the most recent arrivals."

        "Just get it done." Ava demanded. Janson turned around taking a few steps to walk out of the room before she called again, "Janson, I don't want them to feel any pain."

        Janson smiled, "they won't feel a thing."

        "Oh, and start with Rosie Adams. Terminate her for once and for all."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

185K 4K 35
~ ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š’๐š›๐šœ๐š ๐š‹๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š–๐šŠ๐šฃ๐šŽ ๐š›๐šž๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š› ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ. ~ ๐š‚๐š‘๐šŽ'๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š’๐š–๐š™๐š˜๐šœ๐šœ๐š’๐š‹๐š•๐šŽ ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š• ๐™ถ๐š’๐š›๐š• ๐š’๐š–๐š™๐š˜๐šœ๐šœ๐š’...
6.6K 110 49
๐š๐š‘๐š’๐šœ ๐š‹๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐š’๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š–๐šข ๐š•๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š‹๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šš๐šž๐šŽ๐š•๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š–๐š› + ๐š–๐šŠ๐š›๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š” ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐š’๐šŒ ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐šœ ๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๏ฟฝ...
310K 7.2K 23
'Sometimes it is the silent observer who sees the most.' || Maze Runner || || Scorch Trials - The Death Cure || || Newt x oc || || COMPLETED ||
53.5K 1.2K 20
Sequel to Dance in the Dark Newt x reader -๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐šŠ๐šข ๐š ๐šŽ ๐š ๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š•๐š™๐š•๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ. ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š— ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š”๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š™ ๐š–๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐š•๐š˜๐šœ๐šŽ? ๏ฟฝ...