Life Must Go On | Ran TAKAHAS...

By serenadelight

I know the past isn't just a memories.. I know everyone can't forgot their first love, But even when you were... More

LIFE MUST GO ON [PART 1]
HEALER [PART 2]
Best Friend [PART 3]
Yukiko [PART 4]
A Precious Thing [PART 5]
Build a Dream in Padova [PART 6]
(imaginary cast introduction)
Olympics [PART 7]

HAPPINESS [EPILOGUE]

266 9 0
By serenadelight

Desclaimer :

This is the last part of "Life Must Go On"

TT.TT

***

Ai's POV

"Wake up..wake up"

It was 2027 spring in Japan. I don't know why from all the seasons in this country I love spring. There are many beautiful stories in the spring that I love so much. The day when I see Ran for my first time, the time when I registered my marriage with him, also another miracle that I got in April 2025.

A man who still closes his eyes even when I try to wake up him many times. Okay, it's Sunday, but he shouldn't forget that we will go someplace today. I try another way to wake up him. I put something on top of him who is sleeping on his back.

"Wake up, papa", Ran squirmed when I touched her face with the tiny hands of a 23-month-old baby. And less than 2 minutes, he woke up.

"Hiroki, you try annoy papa", Ran sat up while he try to tickle the little baby called Hiroki by him. The baby laughs while saying the words using his unclear language and I smile watching this beautiful moment that I got almost every morning.

We back to Japan after the Olympics in Paris, and at the beginning of September, I was got pregnant. Ran must be back in Italy in December but I don't want to take risks at a young gestational age to fly with him there so I decided to stay in Japan.

Don't you think it was hard for me? Yeah, of course, I'm really scared if I give birth when Ran hasn't returned to Japan even when all of his family is around me. I just want to do it with him. Felt my pain and happiness for my 1st birth alone? I didn't want it.

Fortunately, it didn't happen. Ran back to Japan in the middle of April 2025, and a week after that my baby was born. Ran give him the name Hiroki. It sounds like 'hero' in English, Ran want his son to be a hero for peoples around him. Parents, family, friends, even his partner in the future.

Sometimes I was thinking is he really my son? He has my eyes, but furthermore that I can see is Ran. All about Hiroki is Ran. Feels like he's copying from his papa. But, more than that I just feel my happiness. Hiroki is another miracle in my life, completed my happiness which I built with Ran. He's our everything now, our love.

At the time Ran lived alone in Italy, I never worried cause of how amazing he's can speak Italian now. Maybe it wasn't like a pro but at least he knew how to speak with the team, coach, and communicated with people around him. He still plays in Padova till today, I think he just enjoys playing with the whole team.

"We've many itineraries today, papa. Let's wake up", he smiles while playing with Hiroki in his lap.

"Hiroki can you say to your mama, don't nag like a grandma", Ran pretended to whisper to Hiroki as if he knew what his papa was saying.

"You two..", and I join them on the bed. Tickle Hiroki and Ran till their laugh fulfills this room.

---

According to the plan, today I visited my parent's cemetery in Fukushima. I came here yesterday and stay in an old house where my aunt lived. I came here at least two times a year since I lived in Tokyo and it must take 3 hours by train.

Hiroki is big enough to travel with. So I don't worried about it. Even Ran requested I and Hiroki go to Italy with him at the next season Superlega. And maybe I will do it, cause I already miss Italian pizza which is very big as one portion.

"Hello, mom, dad. I'm here" when we reach my parent's cemetery, suddenly I am about to cry. I think they'll be happier if know how's her daughter lives now. How's she grow alone without a dream but try to live with all of her ability. And how's her daughter being a mom since 2 years ago.

Ran stays beside me while he carries Hiroki who doesn't understand what his mama is doing. I put a lily next to the tombstones of my parents when I feel Ran's right hand try to pat my shoulder. Before Hiroki was born, he was the one who'll hug me during my visit to my parents, but after Hiroki was here, he was the one who'll carry his son, although he still try to calm me down.

"Happy birthday mom", and I can't handle my tears. That's right, I come here twice a year when my mom and dad's birthday. I just want to celebrate with them even I just sit beside their cemetery, It's okay as long as I'm near them.

After long prayer and keeping their cemetery clean, I leave. Today my aunt will treat us to his homemade dishes before we leave to go to Kyoto. My aunt has a local restaurant near my house and as always her cook is my medicine about Fukushima. The best ever.

"So, when your train departure to Kyoto?", as we reach my aunt's restaurant, all the food is ready. I can see how's Ran has sparkling eyes to see it since he recently returned from Italy. He should miss that.

"6 am tomorrow morning, right?", I tried to confirm with Ran and he nodded. We will sleepover till tomorrow before heading going to Kyoto. Okaasan call us many times since Ran's back in Japan. She asked me if they miss Hiroki so much. I can't go to Kyoto alone when Ran is still in Italy cause I also did some work in Tokyo. So after Ran's back in Tokyo, I decided to take time off from work and go to our parent's home.

"Ah, can you just let Hiroki stay here?", my cousin replied. She's 20 years old but very close with Hiroki, she's the one who always calls me every weekend just to chat with Hiroki. No, just to see what's my son doing.

"Are you kidding me? Of course no", I replied jokingly while tightly hugging Hiroki who was on my lap. "My love Hiroki must be with me always", once again I hug my son tightly like a doll while he tries to escape from me cause feel uncomfortable.

"Hey, what do you do to my son, he can't move", I saw Ran try to release Hiroki from me while all of people in that room laughed watch our joke. And that was our nice holiday in Fukushima with my family, tomorrow we'll continue our journey to Kyoto to meet Ran's family.

---

Ran's POV

"Hirokiiii..."

I know it's a long time since I went to Kyoto because I'm already back from Italy. I'm 2nd son of my family, but I think everyone found another precious one than me now. Even when I scream "tadaima" everyone didn't care about me, just on eyes to my son. Ah, I have forgotten by them now.

"Hey, I'm already back from Italy guys", but everyone still doesn't care. I can see Ai-chan laugh watching them carrying Hiroki without greeting me first.

"You're completely forgotten by your family, papa", she said to me before join with my family who enthusiastic to play with my son.

Today is our family gathering. I mean just my parents, Riri, Rui's family, and my family. Rui got married a year ago, to her high school friend. It seems very special they are back in a relationship after break up for years. My parents decided to held a wedding party since he's the oldest brother, and Rui accepted it.

Rui's wife is a sociable person, she works at LINE's corporate. Did you think it was amazing? Me too, I didn't expect to have a sister-in-law who works in a huge corporation like that. She's also close with Ai-chan. Every free time she will come to my apartment in Tokyo to accompany Ai-chan when I'm in Italy.

"How's your perform in Italy?", when everyone enjoy their time with Hiroki in the living room, it was my Otousan who was interested sit beside me. Ask me how am I in Italy. As always he's my role model in the family. He teach me since I was young how to live.

"Yeah, it was great as always", I smile and realized how my Otousan always cares for me, teaches me, and sometimes worries me. That was because he love me so much. Like what I did to Hiroki since he was born. Feels like didn't want anything to hurt him. I'm the one who wants to protect him like how's my Otousan did it to me.

"Sometimes we feel forgotten when our family pays more attention to our children, right? Even when we miss our mothers, want to hug them but they prefer to do it first to our children. I also felt it Ran, when you're young", my Otousan felt like read my feeling. But I'm not mad, believe me. I just want to make a joke, even when I'm also want to hug my Okaasan first.

"I know, Otousan. It's just fun, Isn't it funny when I'm jealous of my own son?", he laughed till Ai-chan suddenly come and sit beside me.

"He did it, Otousan. He jealous with Hiroki almost every night", she asked and make Otousan more laugh. I pouted. Man oh man, how can you didn't jealous when she just hug Hiroki at night, how about me? I'm already back from overseas and I miss how she hugs me when we're asleep. Actually, I never got it now, poor me.

"Okay then let Hiroki stay here for several days, I think you must do your husband private wish, right?", my Otousan wink to Ai-chan. I know he teases me, even Ai just laughs and shakes her head. I think it was a good idea, I need my time just with her, and I will let Hiroki stay with his grandparents for a moment (smirk).

A night comes when we're doing a dinner routine with my family. Okaasan cooked a lot of Japanese food and it was very amazing for me. How I miss that during my travel to Italy. Even last day in Fukushima, Ai's aunt cooked us a similar menu but Japanese food never disappointed me.

Riri will graduate from her college next month since we're can't back to Kyoto, Ai decided to give her a present today. Riri always said to Ai that she want limited edition sneakers from a brand. She never enough to get money even when she did part-time job. So, Ai and I decided to buy her that sneakers.

"Ai-nee", she about to cry when opened a box that Ai gave to her.

"That's from your nii-san not me", she lies.

She's the one who buy it for Riri even when we bought it together. But she can read my feeling today when everyone does not ever pay attention to me than Hiroki, especially Riri. Even Riri hasn't greeted me yet since we come.

"Don't you wanna thank him?", Ai add more words to Riri when the next minutes I saw Riri get up from her chair and come to me. She hugs me. My little sister hugs me while crying.

"Thank you, Ran-nii", she's still crying.

I didn't know how's precious those sneakers for Riri, but the most precious for me is she's never forgotten me. It's just my bad prejudice. I reply her hug while patting her back when I hear she continue her talk;

"I'm sorry, I haven't greeted you since morning. But, welcome back to Japan", when she pull up from me and said it. I can't handle how're my tears suddenly fall.

"I'm the one who must say sorry. Happy graduation, Riri", I caress her hair then my eyes look at Ai who smiles at me while carrying Hiroki on her lap. She always got a way to make me happy.

"PA-PA"

Everyone just pays attention to me and Riri, when suddenly we turn around from the source of that sound. I still can't believe that little one who sits beside me on his mama's lap saying a word. My Okaasan more than curious to hear him reply it.

"Hiroki-chan.. what did you say?", everyone looks at Hiroki, so do I. We wait for a minute till a word comes from his lips again.

"PA-PA"

That was Hiroki first word. I can see Ai's eyes get puffy. She's the one who always teaches Hiroki when I'm not in Japan and I didn't expect Hiroki's first word is saying to greet me. Everyone starts to make noise to celebrate Hiroki's first word. While I take Hiroki from Ai, carry him and kiss his cheeks.

"Yes, papa is here", I was about to cry. I don't know why today is more emotional for me. Every part of this family just makes them more precious to me. Especially Hiroki.........and his mama. I promise never to be jealous again with him. Because all of that is just my prejudice, I know everyone loves me. We love each other because we're family.

---

We spend two days in Kyoto to do family gatherings. Just spend our time at home and walk to the park nearest with my okaasan and Hiroki when Ai, Riri, and Asahi (Rui's wife) spend their time doing baking time at home. At that time I went to the park with my Okaasan, she just advised me how to be the best parent for my son.

And as always even when we grow, parents never let us go with our life, sometimes still worried. And the last word for my okaasan that never forgotten is when she said "Don't think it hard to be a parent, cause when we see our children smile and happy is enough for us". She is right, even when I heard Hiroki spell PAPA for the first time, all of the burdens in my heart just fly away.

"Let's go, prince", we back to Tokyo yesterday, cause Ai must do some urgent work and come to JVA today, but since she had just collected some work, we decided to drive to Chiba. We want to go to Amusement Park with Hiroki for the first time, and Disney is the best choice for it.

I got my driver's license so do Ai-chan. Even when she loves to ride general transportation, in any condition when I'm far away in Italy, Ai should be the one who can ride a car. Especially we've Hiroki. I never let my baby get uncomfortable around crowded people on the subway.

I am grateful because it's not a weekend so there are not too many visitors here. Ai take out Hiroki's stroller and places him sitting there. We bought some snacks for my baby just in case we didn't find them and of course, food prices inside tourist attractions are always more expensive.

"Are you ready?", I face Ai who looks so excited so does Hiroki who just plays Anpanman toys in his stroller.

"Yes, papa", Ai-chan replied as we step to enter Disney Land.

We stopped by the accessory shop first and buy a character band for the three of us. I choose mickey and mini for me and Ai-chan has always been the famous one. And give Hiroki Donald duck even when he just plays it.

We strolled Disney while talking, stop at the ice cream shop and buy it. On the main street, we saw a parade of Disney characters. But, suddenly Hiroki cries when Mickey's character comes to him and touches his cheek.

"Daijobu, Hiroki. Diajobu", and ended with Ai carrying him.

I watch how Ai try to calm him down, then she pointed to many Disney characters that passed one by one in front of us. She tries to talk with him even he still can't answer her mama's words. But Hiroki also pointed to them and speak with his unclear word. I laugh and feel so happy to see this two-person.

After walking for a long time we decided to stop our vacation till there. We just won't Hiroki to feel tired after strolling Disney for almost 4 hours. But before that, we don't want to waste the moment and catch a photo in front of Disney's huge castle.

I carry Hiroki and place him be in our midst with Disney castle as our background, like what I did with Ai in Paris during the Olympics. I ask a boy with a high school uniform to capture us. When he tried to count down one..two..three. Ai and I accidentally kissed Hiroki's left and right cheeks together, my baby laughed while grinning. We laugh, and after I check the result it was very beautiful.

"It was very beautiful", Ai said enthusiasm. Then I thank that boy before I post that photo to my media social, I mean in public. Since everyone knows about my family of course Hiroki. In the beginning, I just worry if my fans doing nagging things to Ai and Hiroki, but I relief when they didn't. They support me also my small family.

I almost post it when suddenly I want Ai who gives a caption for our photo. I give my phone to her while she smiles and writes a caption to my post. It is just a simple word but full of meaning, and I don't know why it was also a caption that I want to write before.

DAISUKIYO

"You read my think, again?", my word when she returns my phone. She smile while tiptoed to give me a quick kiss on my lips.

"Very readable from your eyes", I smile, she smiles then I give Hiroki a kiss on his cheek.

"I love you", the last before we back, I confess her, for any time in our life. She was never bored answering it even I did it at least three times a day and more.

"I know, we love you too, papa", she answered while playing with Hiroki's hand to pat my cheek make me smile widely.

That was enough for my life. Found Ai-chan and Hiroki to spend my life with. Years ago I've had a time when I didn't know how to survive anymore after the person I love passed away. Till I met Ai who bring happiness to my life. One by one we reach our dream together and build our own world.

Then Hiroki was born, and it was my other happiness in this world. Completed my beautiful life with Ai. I never want to waste my time, I just want to spend the rest of my life making them happy. For Ai that I love also for Hiroki.

Till today finally, I know the mean of life must go on that Ai ever said to me. It means we must catch our happiness with a person that we love. And I did it with Ai and Hiroki. I will be the person who'll protect my family, a man who love Ai as my wife, and Papa for Hiroki to teach and always bring him happiness. Because I love them, my precious thing, my diamond, my love.

---END---

THIS IS REALLY END..

First, I say many thank you to all who read my fiction story,

Actually I write many stories before at my personal blog, but this is my first English story.

I'm not a pro to write in English, so I think there're many mistake during my write, I feel sorry for that..

But more that that, I appreciate for my readers and once again say thank you.

FYI, I ALREADY MAKE A DRAFT FOR MY NEXT STORY ABOUT RAN TAKAHASHI.

So next week I will come with new story, I hope everyone still following and read my story, that was my happiness.. xixixi

Okay than see you next week with my new story..

Kiss and hug from Ran, Ai, and Hiroki <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 622 37
This story will make you think you are that woman :)
239K 7.4K 28
It all started in that small enclosed area known as the classroom. Ever since you paired up with him, your life start to change. Volleyball. That was...
4.5K 179 22
*inspired by the song "from the start" by laufey. a young girl that, unfortunately, fell head over heels on her brother's best friend. what's more un...
30.7K 1.2K 35
Sometimes, the road that other people pathed for you, is better than the road that you choose yourself. - it's more like a slice of life story :D