Dead Beat ✔(Editing)[1]

由 Vanshika231

Formerly known as "Never Let Go - Trapped" Caitlyn King has a sweet, loving fiancé whom she is getting marrie... 更多

Prologue
Chapters
Male and female lead cast
Chapter 1 : Gift for fiancé (new)
Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)
Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)
Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)
Chapter 5 : The guest (new)
Chapter 6 : Feast by Beast (new)
Chapter 7 : Glorius heartbreak (new)
Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)
Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)
Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)
Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)
Chapter 12 : Fire & Ice (new)
Chapter 13 [Curly troubles]
Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]
Chapter 15 [Son of bettle]
Chapter 16 [Neck fetish]
Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]
Chapter 18 [Invitations]
Chapter 19 [Phone and red]
Chapter 20[Too easy]
Chapter 21 [Brother copy]
Chapter 22 [Royality check]
Chapter 23 [A sadist]
Chapter 24 [Crazy rambles]
Chapter 25 [Room details]
Chapter 26 [First mistake]
Chapter 27 [Make her care]
Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]
Explaination!
Chapter 29 [Running away]
Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]
Chapter 31 [In blood]
Chapter 32 [The threats]
Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]
Chapter 34 [Please no]
Chapter 35 [Girly talks]
Chapter 36 [Lock in room]
Chapter 37 [Handsome man]
Chapter 38 [The intimacy]
Chapter 39 [True face]
Chapter 40 [Lizard, pig]
Chapter 41 [The promise]
Chapter 42 [Wait, what]
Chapter 43 [Love kiss]
Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]
Chapter 45 [Short blouses]
Chapter 46 [Italy chase]
Chapter 47 [The handcuffs]
Review
Completed & Sequel!
Chased By Him
His Good Girl
covers for the book
Under the Bedsheets

Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)

492 18 0
由 Vanshika231

I shuffled on the bed, moaning as the strain in my waist increased. I blinked open my eyes and yawned, rubbing my hand over my face. For a moment I stilled, taking in my new surroundings. The breath stuck in my throat released slowly. 

Theodore Bradford. 

How could he sleep after snatching away mine? He had no sensitivity. Heartless person. Stupid dumb asshole with eyes that of lion.

Even dogs have warm eyes unlike him!

Clenching my jaw, I stood up from bed and picked up the pillow. He had his back to me. His posture was relaxed unlike usual stiff and rigid one. I scoffed under my breath and walked over to wide couch. It had good space for someone like me.

I walked to his side of bed and picked up the glass of water, tempted to throw it at his stupid face. I sipped few sips and clutched the glass tightly in my hands before taking his phone from side. I held my breath and clicked the side button.

Locked.

Ughhh... I resisted the urge to really slam the phone on his broad, hollow skull but kept the itch of my hands in control and put the phone back before sighing heavily. My eyes widened and I clamped my mouth shut with my hands.  

I padded over to closet and rumbled through almirahs for blanket. Finally getting one soft fur one, I silently shut the door before laying down on the couch. I covered myself and hugged the pillow before letting myself fall in deep slumber.

♤■■■♤

The sweet chirping of birds worked for me as lullaby while I worked on my PC to complete my client's demand. I wrapped my hand around my coffee mug and lifted it to my lips. I shuffled through the printouts of the elevation drawings while sipping my americano.

My office was in New Jersey, located between the hustle bustle of city life. It was one of the good work location in New York. We opened one more branch in Rochester lately. It was under construction. It was designed by one of the best architect of our firm, Noel Brielle.

I moved the pointer of mouse towards the corner section when someone barged into my cabin. I sighed and continued working. I needed my mind off the drama that took place in my life. It was a waste. I had nothing, & I mean nothing, to do with that person.

How buffaloes won't understand a word you say, he won't feel remorse or realization for any of his actions. Fuck. I didn't even know him beside his name in industry. Irony, he was my husband now. For little time.

"Where the fuck is your phone, Caitlyn?!" Jake thundered, making me wince slightly. 

I looked up nonchalantly and shrugged, "In my pocket?"

He sighed roughly, rubbing a hand across his tight jaw harshly as he pierced his glare at me.

"I'm not in the mood to fuck, Caitlyn. We were fucking tensed about you. Concerned over the fact that you married a whole stranger packet stupidly! How more stupid and dumb could you be?" 

"What did you want me to do then? Let him send my brother to prison over something he never did?" I snarled, gritting my teeth.

He slammed his hands on my table and bent forward.

"You could have consulted a fucking private detective! A lawyer! Heck, I would have done everything if you would have come to me earlier and given me time to solve things. But you think yourself sufficient for your problems," He scoffed, "You don't need anybody else."

With that he picked up the small glass cubicle on my table and threw it on the wall behind me and slammed the door shut of my cabin as he left without hearing me out.

I gulped and clenched my eyes shut. It was enough jesus. I rubbed my temple and put down the stack of drawings aside, taking a long and last sip from my cup.

I could not change anything that had happened. Everything happened in a rush. Neither did he give me time nor did I ask for. I lost my courage even before thinking to fight him. I wrapped my arms around myself and exhaled heavily.

What did I do?

I stared at the closed door and threw my head back at headrest of my chair. I looked down at my hand and stared at the ring. It was a proof of his win. I chuckled and puffed the air out of my mouth.

It was a win that I gave to him. 

What he doesn't know is he is already trapped. Trapped in his own game but my clutches.

"Theodore Bradford," I read out his name from the screen of my tabloid. The news of our wedding was everywhere.

I tapped onto my gallery and zoomed in on a picture of me and Ashton. I brought it to my lips and kissed him over the screen. I missed his presence beside me. I missed his warmth, his soothing talks. I missed everything about him.

I looked at the screen where I was with Ashton in one picture and Theodore Bradford in another. I was being trolled heavily. I sighed and closed my eyes. I needed Ashton. But I didn't know my way back to him.

As if on the cue the landline of my cabin rang, taking my mind off the tabloids and their critism over how I chose the rich guy. I sniggered, as if I needed a man in my life to support my finances. In fact, no women did. It is every one's own responsibilty to look for themselves and earn for themselves. The man of the house should not be burdened with the responsibilty of managing house alone.

These rich guy themes of the society were very shallow and thin standard.

"Yeah Jake?" I picked up the call. I bet this man lived the life of a satan.

"Now, now, here we finally hear from Caitlyn fucking Bradford, no?" My heart almost dropped to my stomach as I heard the voice of the person who was in no senses of the world Jake.

I released the breath I was holding along with a cold shudder that ran through my body. The dead beat of my heart came alive and I let myself dissolve in that feel of giddiness.

"As-ash?" My voice faltered and I straightened up, all the hairs on my body raised and bells ringing in my blank head.

"Oh wait wait," He cut me, "Before you start your pretense on how you didn't want to marry and all the bullshit, Caitlyn Bradford, spare me the crap and come to the point."

I could do nothing, absolutely nothing as tears filled my vison, making it foggy. He had never ever talked to me liked that. Not even when I had spilled water on his one of the project drawings in college, on which he worked for weeks.

"How much money did you get for marrying him?" He sneered, then halted, before speaking oh as some realization fawned upon him, "No no no, wait, now I get the matter. Were you sleeping with him while you were with me?"

My voice got dissolved halfway in my throat as I felt a sudden heaviness rising all the way up and straining against my throat. I felt my eyesight getting blurred with the unexpected amount of hurt. 

I scoffed in my mind, slapping my head as I remained silent. What else did I expect from him? To beg me to say truth that I loved him? Or to have him not believe what the tabloids were saying?

"Yes, thats whaaat you did I-I think." His voice slurred  as the sound of a glass crashing thundered from the other side of the call.

He was drunk.

I heard him wince and cursed loudly, making me aware of his condition.

"Ash, are you hurt?" I panicked, "Ash? Speak up!"

"Ash?!"

I pushed on my feet and stood up, clutching my phone tightly in my hand. My hands were sweating as I heard a commotion going on the other side.  Was he fine?

"Love?"

"Hello?"

I picked up my car keys and switched off the system hurriedly. I could feel my hands turning cold at a rapid pace.

"Oh god Ashton, you're scaring me for heaven's sake! Please speak up, are you fine?"

"Hold up for me, I'm coming for you, Ash." I whispered softly, ending the call and swiftly opening the family tracking app.

My heart shattered as I looked at the screen and tracked him down. He had installed this for my safety long ago. He loved me so much and all I gave him was anguish and betrayal.

I shook my head and wiped off the tears, exhaling heavily.

♤■■■♤

I threw my keys to the valet and sprinted inside the club. Ashton rarely preferred going to clubs and bars. He wasn't this kind of a person, a person to drain off his pain with alcohol. I pushed past the profusely sweating heavily bodies and looked up for him.

I looked down at my phone and roamed my gaze around. He had to be somewhere near. I yelped and stumbled over my steps as someone pushed me from back. 

"What th—" I stopped in between as the person raised his hands and muttered an apology. 

I nodded and walked past him towards the VIP lounge. I scrunched my eyes and focused on the man sitting just on the stairs which made way to the private area.

"Ash!" I yelled, dashing towards him. I seemed to have gained his attention since he turned his head in my direction. He looked up and chuckled, chucking a sip of vodka from the bottle that he had in his hand.

He didn't like vodka a bit.

I squatted down to his level and snatched the bottle from his hand. He looked broken-hearted more than I had imagined.

"Yoouuu he-re, babe?" He slurred, putting his hand on my cheek.

As if something clogged my throat, I just nodded, unable to neither speak nor look away from his eyes.

"Oh Ashton! What have you made of yourself?" I mumbled softly, shaking my head.

If anyone was responsible for destroying his happening, it was me. Just fucking me.

"I-I knoww they're allll wrong. They spit bullshit abo-ut you. They-they don't know my Caitlyn." The look in his eyes could not be deciphered. His glossy reflected everything he felt about me. "Sweehezrt, just goo and tell them the truth."

"Ash—" 

"No lemme speazaak." He tried to stand up but fell back down. "I love you so much then why did I-you leave me?"

I bit my lip to hold myself from sobbing and spewing everything out. He did not deserve this pain. He deserved the truth. Even after so many things, he did not hate me. 

"But what about what you said on the call?"

He looked down in guilt, making me feel more shitty. 

"I wanted to hurt you. Maybe then you would have finally told me the truth." 

He shrugged and gazed at me with longing in his eyes. It looked as if he wanted to gather every piece of this moment and store them away in a glass case. I wanted nothing different.

His eyes and lips were red. His hairs were disheveled, buttons of his shirt were open and shirt folded at his arms. Even now when he was drunk, he looked sexy. I gulped and whisked my gaze down to his nose.

I couldn't bear the intensity of his eyes. They reminded me of everything we had and could have had, if not for me.

"C'mon, we should go home, Ashton." 

"It's empty there. I don't waaaant to." He shook his head like a child and clutched onto the railing of the staircase.

"Ash, it's very late. Please, get up." I sighed, holding out my hand for him. 

He stared at my hand and before I knew, he had pulled me down beside him.

"Stay with me." He whispered and my heart broke all over again.

I didn't want to leave him alone too.

And you shouldn't. It's your will, babe. 

I pondered over the thought before agreeing. This marriage was fake anyways and I didn't matter to him. He might as well not notice I was away for a night. Even if he does, it shouldn't matter. I agreed for marriage, not for living in his house.

"Okay, I'll stay but first let's get home." I held his shoulders to support him and tried to force him up.

"Really?" His eyes held a different sparkle, just like old times.

I nodded my head and helped him getting up. I felt a cold gush of air sweep past my body and I looked around myself skeptically. I could feel something different in the air.  I inhaled deeply before frisking my gaze away.

I might just be overthinking again.

"Let's go, babe." I muttered, wrapping my arm around Ashton's waist.

I felt this insecure feeling crawling up my ass as we walked in the direction of exit. Ashton seemed to be struggling remaining conscious and walking. Our car drive to my penthouse passed in a daze. I had probably lost the ability to think rationally and figure my life out.

Ashton's body swung forward against the seat-belt as I halted the car in front of the gates. I sighed and took him inside, punching in  my thumb on the lock. I felt like the most horrible person in the world as we moved past our hall, the place where Ashton and I had danced and kissed, not so long ago.

I struggled to lay Ash on my bed and removed his shoes, heaving heavily. He was way too heavy for me to handle. I chuckled in achievement and brought the comforter up until his chin, switching on the AC. I sighed, yet again.

I should freshen up.

I removed my heels and changed into my shorts, washing my face off. I picked up a towel and wiped off the dripping the water. Switching off the lights, I went in the room and sat beside Ashton on the bed, staring at his face. He atleast was not frowning in hia sleep. I felt nervous for the first time around him and I didn't know why.

I had no idea if it was because of my deeds or someone's constant thought that ringed in my mind like a bell.

As if on a cue to my thoughts, the bell rung louly. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked up at the watch.

Who would be here at this time?

Vote, comment and share please!

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

4.9M 217K 80
❝Hollywood is scary. She is scarier.❞ • • • The night before their marriage, Emily Pinault catches her fiancé in the act of cheating. Completely deva...
203K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
10.7M 74.9K 22
(Sample. Watch out for the official book release on January 31, 2015!) The women in Brianne Montgomery's family have a curse. And she isn't going t...