subside. // haylor au

Od SwiftandShums

in which curiosity led to one thing and love led to another. // alternate universe // [lower case intended] ... Více

subside. // haylor au
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six + thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty / end.

twenty six

1.8K 108 25
Od SwiftandShums

"No - that's not happening - are you fucking serious, who the fuck do you think you are anyway, I swear - I'm gonna fucking-" I start to shout at the phone that no longer holds the signal as tears break out of my eyes.

"Calm down, babe-"

"He's in my dad's company!" I scream, "Fuck what everyone thinks, if someone were to kill a person you truly care for, what the hell would you do?! Huh?" I question them using all the power my vocal chords can produce.

Right then and there, tears start streaming down my face and the words that Harry whispered into my ears were inaudible anymore. All I saw was the one color - and that was the color of red. It portrayed so many of my emotions, sadness, worry, concern, uncertainty and the main obvious factor - anger. I was mad, insane, driven and all those synonyms resonated with me.

Before knowing what my mind was doing to my body, it trembled down and I broke down right into the man who instantly wrapped his arms around me. My tears seeped through his shirt and his hands caressed my back slowly as I sobbed and let my mind flow into something that seemed like a never ending cry.

His lips move to my forehead and pressed spongy kisses that calmed me down slightly.

"I don't know what to do anymore," I breathed as emotion consumed me little by little.

My legs trembled as if the cement, solid ground would suck me up any moment - I wouldn't mind that. I want this to be a dream. I want this to end and I want this to make me wake up trembling and crying, but in a sweet cozy bed where I belong. Not a rotten building with an owner that plans to kill my father. That's not how I want my life to be. It's impossibly unbelievable. Just utterly, confusingly unbelievable.

"Please," I plead with the small amount of voice that I have left, "I will do absolutely anything - just anything, to make my dad safe, Harry. Please."

I looked up to him and in that moment, I swear, I saw a glimpse of genuine, sincere sympathy. It wasn't the Harry Styles I met at the first day he moved in the apartment next to me. It wasn't the same man who summoned his demons when he panicked in the elevator. It wasn't the man who glared at me with such a dangerous stare that I swear could've killed me. It's just not the same man. This is the man who actually cares. His eyes were watery and it was like I was looking into a telescope that exposed the whole universe that consisted of the most beautiful galaxies and the most precious stars that this world can possess. And just by looking at that small shine in his eyes gave me hope.

It sounds weird, but to me, it makes perfect sense. Love doesn't apply to me - it never does and I never get to actually feel it. I think this is one of those things that it's hard to explain, but I know what it is. It's love.

He slowly nods and breaks eye contact with me.

This is when I notice how many stares were focusing and glancing at our disconnecting bodies as his arms unwrap themselves around me.

"Shit man, that was deep stuff right there," Liam says suddenly, breaking the silence and the boys laugh.

"Zayn get the car, we're heading to her company."

-

The silence in the car made the air outside much more louder and audible. The loud gush of wind that hit the car as we drove made me miss New York. The air was crisp and rare, thats for sure, but theres something about New York that made me love how alive it was.

The car pulled into a sudden stop and Harry looked at me with reassurance.

"I'm not staying in the car," I shake my head as I nudge him to get out, seemingly reading his mind.

"Okay, okay," He laughs slightly, "But keep your head low, alright?"

I nod as he rubs the small of my back.

Before I can process the situation, I was already in my Dad's company. It felt so eery and weird, I couldn't even swallow the fact that this is the company I work for. Cold nostalgia kicks me in the guts and I feel sick just by the thought of dead father laying in his office after hours of silence and blank responses.

"We're in the enemies territory, don't let your guard down boys," Liam warns us and we all seem to absorb that thought by now.

My breathing seems to echo and bounce around the walls and empty hallways. I walk past the room I used to have coffee in - daydreaming about stupid little things that I never thought would occur. It's funny how even my numerous daydreams or nightmares didn't lead to this at all. It never does and it just shows how unreal and sudden this is.

All of a sudden, we heard a noise.

A small screech of shoes that made my heart rate increase drastically.

"What was that," Zayn whispers.

"Louis, did you hear that," He says again but we found no response.

As soon as he looked back, Louis and Niall was no where to be found and there were no traces of the two.

Harrys eyes widen and he grabs out a gun.

I wanted to scream and shout and screech for dear life but all I know is that bravery is something that I have to prioritize. It needs to come first in terms of emotion and that's what I'm trying to remind myself. Being fearless is the main factor.

"Good evening, Mr. Styles, Mr. Malik, Mr. Payne and of course, how can I forget, Ms. Swift, as you noticed, your mates are with me and unless you give us the money, they won't be alive. Have fun," Caleb's obnoxious, nasty voice signals through the speakers and panic strikes me.

I quickly rush to a room - combing my way through every desk, finding every ounce of money I can find.

"Oh my god, this isn't happening," I whisper to myself.

"Okay, calm down, where is the financial department?" Liam asks, trying to slow down his breathing pace as well.

Without thinking, I take Harry's hand, with the hope that the other boys will follow as I rush to the room that I've known as "The Vault" in which I've never been in, but dad never possesses items with complex password.

We abruptly stop in front of a metallic door with a code screen.

It's a fingerscan.

"Um," I think and comb through my thoughts, picking up any source of knowledge I can.

"Harry," I recall a thought, "I have an idea," My brain rushes itself as the thought speeds through my mind.

"Do you guys have a needle or a knife?" I ask the three boys in front of me, my heart racing as fast as my life ran mentally.

"What for-" Harry tries to cut in, but Zayn hands me a flip knife. Good enough to cut spill the blood out of my skin.

I suck in a breath and drag the knife on my skin, creating a small line as blood poured out slowly, surprisingly not feeling anything but a numb sense of panic.

Harry gives me a concern look but his actions shout his trust.

Using the same knife, I unscrew the base of the finger print scanner and splattered my blood onto the bottom.

"What are you doing?" Liam questions with a perplexed expression. Sweat sliding down his cheeks.

"My dad uses samples of DNA in order to determine the person going in and out of this vault, I have the share of his and the chances of him having his DNA sample in this machine is high. I pasted a small drip of my blood on the base so that when I put my finger on, the print might not be the same, but the blood will. It's like tricking the machine," I shrug and they look at me with amazement.

"You're a lucky lad, Harry," Liam looks at Harry and he smiles at me in response.

After unscrewing it back on, I lay my index finger on and my heart skips a beat.

If this thing doesn't read and this becomes an incorrect print. Something is definitely going to go wrong and make this worse.

Thankfully, the green light shows up and I thank god for that. I slowly head inside, making sure to catch any fishy signs in here.

"Guys," I here Harry's voice in the corner and my eyes snap to his direction.

His fingers point to a stack of cash, all lined up neatly. Labelled as different amounts.

We hurriedly take three of the pockets labelled with 'one million', hoping it's enough.

"Quick, guys," Zayn says heading out the door. But as soon as we turn and head to the entrance, a voice booms.

"Not so fast."

—————

SPRING BREAK IS OVER SO I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN USE THIS STORY AS STRESS RELIEF LMAO ILY <3

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

50.2K 1.5K 11
❝ I let myself believe he still loves me even when he is in love deeply with someone else ❞
3M 74.9K 97
"And your eyes... irresistible." Starting your life over is hard enough on your own. But what happens when the world is suddenly watching when you be...
20.1K 879 39
What if seeing each other again changed everything? -Sequel to Broken-
24.3K 1.7K 33
Two depressed teens, Harry and Taylor, find each other on a suicide support website and make a pact to be suicide partners. Eighteen -year-old physic...