𝑀𝒮. 𝒞𝒜𝑅𝐸 𝒯𝒜𝒦𝐸𝑅

WereGonnaDieAnyWays által

I needed money so I accepted the job. It was going great, the kid was loving me. Until I found out who the fa... Több

Disclamier
Aesthetic
1 | Job
2 | Mystery
3 | Dinner
4 | Drunken
6 | Games
7 | Tension
8 | Awkward
9 | Dress
10 | Unprofessional
11 | Freya
12 | Incident
13 | Argument

5 | Money

1.5K 36 21
WereGonnaDieAnyWays által

Isabelle's POV:

For the first time in a while, I woke up with a smile on my face. No stress about Christian texting me, and having to ride my bike. I didn't have to worry about food hopefully. The only issue seems to be my clothes.

I'm still wearing the clothes from yesterday and I feel disgusting. Just as different thoughts fill my brain, there's a subtle knock at the door. I sit up in the bed, covering me clothes and saying for them to come in.

The door opens and in comes Mr. Knight wearing a tux ready for any possible event. Not a single hair is out of place, and there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind that he was even out last night.

He looks like he had gotten a perfect 12 hours of sleep, and at least 4 hours to get ready. No under eye bags. Nothing shows even a slight hangover. 

"Mr. Knight." I swallowed a breath.

"Change into these." He hands he a pair of shorts and a large t-shirt.

"I don't have any other clothing, so try and make do of what I've provided for you. If you need to freshen up, the bathroom should have everything you could need. Breakfast has already been made, and text or call me if there are any issues. I'll be back home by 3, so you'll be able to return home in a short period of time." He didn't wait of listen for me to reply. Just simply left the room.

That also the most words I ever heard him speak. He always sounds so professional. I wonder if he even remember anything from last night. He must, considering he knew I was be here. I got off the most comfortable bed I've laid on in ages, and held the clothes in my hand to my chest.

I walked to the bathroom and saw the most beautiful restroom I've ever seen in my life. There was a unattached tub right by the large window. But basing off the darken window, it was only a one way window. There was a shower with the most perfect tiles alining the bottom, with even more gorgeous stones on the one wall with the shower head.

In the shower there were so many settings I don't even know how to use them already. There were 2 stainless white sinks with perfectly silver handles.

And just as Christian had said, there was everything I could need in the cabinets and drawers. Different types of hair creams, hands creams, and even body creams. Different types of soap for different skin types, different toothpaste from organic ones to beneficial ones.

I didn't even know boys, knew about things like this.

Everything was so perfect, I was so afraid to touch any of it.

Soon enough, I learnt to work everything in the shower and was able to have a simple and peaceful 15 minute shower alone in the warm and fresh water. I brushes my teeth with the most soft and light brush. I put the clothes on, and they smelt just like Christian. I have no idea why I even knew what he smelt like, but I did, or at least this is what I imagine him to smell like.

Expensive and rich perfume, merged with the musky and deep men smell. I know it makes no sense, but to me. It sounds perfect. It was the perfect way to describe such a person.

I left the room and saw Julian at the top staircase. He looked so adorable with his nice clothes on.

"Julian?" He turned around and smiled, then looked a little confused.

"What are you wearing?" He wasn't being rude, he looked like he was genuinely curious.

"Your dad gave me these, and I don't have anything else."

"You can wear some of my mom's old stuff? Dad used to show me them all the time."

And that's when my mind opened up to so many more questions. I didn't even take it in, but considering the similarities between both Julian and Christian this was his biologic son. Meaning Christian had a child with someone else. This person could have either been a past wife or girlfriend, or simply just a one night stand accident.

But the only thing that doesn't quite make sense, is why he's never with her. And if Christian had full custody, why? Christian clearly doesn't spend anytime with Julian, since I spend more time with Julian than Christian has probably in his entire life.

I shove all the questions and maybe answers away from my mind. It was none of my business. Plus, I have to tell Christian that I can't have this job anymore. So I'm just gonna spend this last day with Julian and when Christian finally comes, I'll have a word with him.

"No, that's alright. Did you already eat?"

"No. I was waiting for you." I smiled grabbing one of his tiny fingers and walking down the stairs.

~~~

Christian's POV:

The words he said to me echoed through the walls of our once tiny home.

"Father please, I'll do better!" I tried to cover my face, but he was always stronger than me. He grabbed both my arms pinning them to my side.

"You'll learn. You'll learn real soon." With those words, his stiff leather belt whipped my sensitive flesh on my back.

"Ah!" I screamed in agony. My mother tried grabbing my father, but he simply pushed her body away from us and continue to hit me. I couldn't feel anything but the tears drenching my red face.

"When will you stop being a disappointment." He was angry, and I couldn't do anything but lay there crying.

"Stop crying! Only pathetic girls cry. Are you pathetic, are you a girl!" His scream slapped my face as his alcohol breath fanned my face.

"No father."

"Exactly! Back to your room. You have homework that has yet to be completed." He walked away from my fragile body as I tried to stop breathing so that my cries couldn't be heard.

My mother was crying and she helped me up. She was kind, and deserved more than my father. But he had already traumatized her beyond repair.

The same story replayed in my head as I looked at my scarred back. It looked terrible. I got tattoo's to cover it up, but I could still see it. I could see every little bruise on my body as I changed out of my clothes from yesterday.

I tried not to look at them, but I catch myself in my old habits. I was once happy, but now there is nothing left for me. Julian is a constant reminder of the life I once had, and the life I once enjoyed living.

This world and life, now holds no meaning. I will continue to try and help Julian but there is nothing left for me.

I knock at one of the guest bedroom doors. I wait for her to reply before I walk in. Her hair was messy, she lips were puffed out from the nights sleep, and her nipples were perking out of her sweater because of the cool air.

I strain my eyes away from her chest and concentrate on her brown eyes. Very basic, yet so perfect. I quite like brown eyes. They're very simple, but they allow you to decorate yourself. Though, I like my eyes.

"Mr. Knight." That name.

"Change into these." I had her a pair of newly bought shorts, and a cleaned shirt from my closet.

"I don't have any other clothing, so try and make do of what I've provided for you. If you need to freshen up, the bathroom should have everything you could need. Breakfast has already been made, and text or call me if there are any issues. I'll be back home by 3, so you'll be able to return home in a short period of time." I leave the room without more being said after handing her the clothes. I shut the door and look over, watching my son playing with his fingers and waiting for whom I assume is Isabelle.

"Julian?"

"Dad!" I like how excited he gets when he sees me. I like the joy of being someones' favourite person.

"I'll be back in a little bit ok. I promise." He stuck his pinky out smiling like a little child.

"What's this?"

"Pinky promise! We have to lock pinkies and then we've made a promise." He was so excited holding his finger out with his cute sweet grin.

"And what's our promise."

"That you'll be home soon." I truly do love how excited he gets when he knows I'm home.

"You got it. I love you." I kiss his cheek, and he returns the gesture. I don't quite remember the last time I had gotten a kiss on the cheek.

I say bye to Julian for the last time and drive myself to my warehouse. It's in a location nobody can just spot with a naked eye. Is hidden well, and can barely be found for some of my workers at times.

I enter my office doors with the same bare and unimpressed look.

I walk into my office, and just as expected Stefano had one of the women I was with last night, on his lap.

"If you're done with my seconds, get her out." I didn't care how rude I sounded. It was well deserved. This is the millionth time I was telling him about getting a girl out of my office.

"Rude." She waved her bare tits in my chest, barely able to even be seen if I looked straight.

"Out." She rolled her eyes and left with her tiny pieces if clothing.

"You lost the deal brother."

"Isabelle was at the house. I didn't even know she was still there. So technically I didn't lose."

"So. Because of Julian's little babysitter, you're gonna stop all your fun?"

"Last night wasn't fun. I was practically forced to have sex with those girls because of you. I'm quite glad Isabelle was there, so I stopped myself."

"Whatever. Tell me why the fuck you look like you aren't hung over like I am." The dark circles under Stefano eyes gave him a old eerie look.

"Because I know how to put myself together." I rolled my eyes taking my laptop out of my arms and placing it on my desk.

Stefano eyed me up and down, starring like an old uncle.

"What?"

"Did Belle stay the night?" Belle? The other day he hated her, now he's calling her nicknames.

"Yeah, it was 3 in the morning. And she lost her bike." Which reminded me I had to give her the money and rent her one of my drivers every time she needed to get here.

"Where'd she sleep?" I rolled my eyes, taking my view from my laptop to Stefano.

"She slept in the guest bedroom. She woke up about an hour ago in that same bedroom. Happy?" For someone who claims to not like her, he sure cares a lot about her whereabouts.

"Yup. I was thinking about stopping by. You know, for Julian." He winked smirking.

"No, I don't know. And if you're going there for Isabelle, don't even think about it. She's there for one reason and you're gonna distract."

"So you agree. I'm amazing."

"The fuck?"

"Clearly you think I'm gonna be a distraction. Why's that?" He loved being cocky and I hated it.

"I'm saying that, because I know girls. They're all the same. They get distracted by guys, even if she has a boyfriend of her own." Part of this rage was from somewhere else.

"It's like you're speaking from experience. Oh shit, you are." He starts laughing at his own stupid joke.

I shook my head typing an email to my father about some work that needed to be done. I don't talk to my father, like parent. I talk to him as a business partner.

As much as I hate my father, he's the reason I'm so strong now. But that also comes with the insecurities of my body. I have muscles, abs, healthy body what any guy would die for. But those stupid scars ruin everything.

I hate the way I look and I wish I could change it.

I receive a email back from him within 2 minutes of sending it. He's always sitting his office, reading emails, and working all the time.

Albert Knight,

I hate having to do all the work for you son. I thought giving you the Mafia meant your old man got a break. Clearly not. Do it yourself, or I have someone more capable and responsible that can take over. Just let me know.

I groaned shutting the fucking computer off, and slamming it shut.

"What's wrong?"

"Shut up."

"Dude, just fucking tell me."

"It's fucking Albert. He still thinks after being emancipation for 7 fucking years, that he still has some control over me, or this Mafia. He fucking said, 'I have someone better to give the Mafia to if you're incapable'."

"I fucking hate that guy."

"Yeah, but imagine being raised for 18 years by the fucker." And having the deal with him without my mother for 11 years.

"Why don't you just completely cut contact with him?"

"I can't. He always finds a way back. And he always finds a way to ruin my life, if he doesn't get what he wants." Pulling a paper out of my drawer, I slam my laptop shut looking over at the picture of me and my son.

He's the only thing in this world that gets me by.

"I need a breathing, I'll come back in a bit. No girls." I said strictly

After 45 minutes of training, beating multiple punching bags, I look down at my sweaty body.

My knuckles covered in a mixture of dry and new wet blood, I wipe it on my shirt now being white with the stain of red.

"You done?" I turn around to see Stefano with a smirk and red lipstick smeared over his face.

"The fuck is on your face?"

"Girls." He licks his lips holding a bra in his hands.

"Get out, I'm trying to calm down."

"This is what you need to calm down." He grabbed something from the other side of the door.

He brought in a girl by her neck. She stood there naked, with bruises on her bare breast, and her lip stick blending to the side.

I looked away, unable to look at the woman degrading herself.

"Both of you, out."

"Dude, this is what you need. Show my friend a good time will you?" I looked back up and she swayed her hips, bitting her lip. She walked up to me and ran her warm hand over my shoulder.

"Let me help you, calm down." Stefano had already left, probably thinking I'd take up on her offer.

"Can you leave?"

"Let me help you." She whispered softly into my ear.

"Out." I pushed her away, walking right past her. She was left alone in the room naked.

~~~

I drive slowly back to my house.

Yet another day I've let my helpless mind get the better of me.

I let the migraine my father brings get the better of what could have a been a successful day of work.

Up till now, never has a interaction with my father gone right. It has always ended with me being furiously angry and I'm sure he knows it too.

Which is why he always seems to make a way back to me.

I cross the final light until my house and sigh lowering the music. I pull into the gate showing the camera my face allowing it to recognize my face and opening the door.

I pull into the driveway parking closest to the house.

It's gonna rain later tonight.

I can't have my cars getting wet.

I shall have one of my men move them for me.

I turn the music off completely, taking the keys with me.

I open the door getting out and shutting it.

I look into the slightly clear glass to two figures running around.

My mind can only make one possible assumption.

Isabelle.

I put my thumb into the machine and watch the double doors open at their own accord.

Both their faces shift to me and Julian smiles.

"You promised!" Julian came running straight into my arms and everything felt just right.

Every nasty thought about my father went right out the door.

"Good Afternoon Mr, Knight." After lifting Julian into my arms I look up seeing her smiling at us.

"Afternoon." I turn back around to hopefully be able to send her home early.

Yet the rain had already began pouring and some of my men were currently taking the last two cars into the underground garage.

"I would send you home, but it's raining." She bit her lip and nodded.

"What happened?" She pointed down at my bloody knuckles and blood stained shirt. 

"Oh this," I didn't know what to say. "I was hitting something, don't worry about it."

Looking behind her I see a beautifully prepared lunch.

"What's that?"

"Julian thought it would be a good idea if we made you some lunch." I stare at her and her smile fades. "And I was hoping I could maybe talk to you?" I placed Julian down and nodded.

"Julian, go play. We'll be right back." I motioned her to follow me.

Her hands locked behind her back she followed behind me wearing my clothing.

I was gonna give her Freya's clothing, but my heart wasn't ready to give it up.

So I went to the only other thing that made sense.

I lead her into my home office allowing her to enter first.

She sat at the chairs in front of my desk and crossed one leg over the other.

I sat in front of her with the same intimidating look I held at work.

But I realize this isn't work. So I allow my face to soften.

"Before I begin. I just want to say, I was so glad to have gotten to take care of Julian these past couple weeks." She was pinching her hand hard  trying to get the words out. "I'm sorry Mr, Knight. But I don't believe I can continue with this job." Her answer was surprisingly straight forward.

"Can I know, why?"

"The pay sir. I just need... I can't live off $50."

$50?

"I don't understand what you're talking about?"

"The other day. You said you wanted to speak to me about my pay. Then you gave me $50 and left. Im grateful, it's just that... I can't live with the income of $50 for 2 weeks."

Who said anything about me paying $50?

"Isabelle. I have yet to give you your money for the job. That was the money for the food." She still looked a bit confused.

"Do you recall the $50 for the sushi dinner I got?" She nodded her head, allowing me to speak. "I was giving you that money back. I have yet to pay you for your work." She looked as if she felt stupid. Good, because she was.

She palmed her forehead.

"I apologize for sounding ungrateful. I also apologize for the misunderstanding." She had quite a bad habit of apologizing to me.

"Don't apologize. If anything, that was my fault. I was meant to come home yesterday and talk to you about the money. But you know what happened." She nodded understandingly.

"Yes of course." She was about to get up before I quickly stopped her.

"Don't you want to hear your pay?" She turned her attention back to the seat and sat down again.

I took my check book out and began writing.

She looked distressed but I kept writing. I wrote the amount of money I was giving her.

Truly, I never really thought about pay. I'm just making this off how much she's helped Julian.

She's done a good job taking care of Julian, and even yesterday. She didn't leave me hanging. She had made sure I got safely to my bedroom.

I handed her the check and watched her eyes widen a couple of times as she kept re reading the check.

"Sir, I believe you wrote the wrong thing." She handed me back the check, thus I handed it right back.

"Everything on the check is written correctly Isabelle."

"$5000. For two weeks of babysitting. This can't possibly right. I used to babysit and I got maybe 2 dollars for the hour. How can you possibly give me $5000!" $5000 isn't much, but I can't be expected to give like 10, 000 to her.

I just believe this money will help her. My son also loves her, so that's why she got that amount.

"I can hold it off for you until you go home, since it's raining." She nodded giving it back to me.

"Guys!" Julian ran into the room.

"Come on, the food I made is gonna go cold!"

"We're coming." I got off my seat and went for the door.

"After you." I held the door open before she left and locked it shut.

Julian had already plated 3 plates of pasta and two garlic bread pieces in each.

"You guys made this?"

"Yup, me and assistant." Julian snickered.

I sat at the head of the table. Isabelle sat at my right and Julian at my left.

~~~

I know it's been a minute, but I like making this books chapters long.

Sincerely, A

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

288K 9.7K 59
Valarie, Her life was almost perfect with her 3 year old son, Leonard. life is hard, but she need to stay strong for Leonard as he is all she have a...
271K 9K 42
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Claire is in trouble. More specifically, her family is. Or the lack th...
23.1K 466 29
Arranged marriage, sworn enemies and a secret that could change the paths of their lives forever. What could possibly go wrong?
3.9K 171 7
He loved her from a far, he disired her, craved her but he let her go and waited for the right time to cage her in his dark world. Like a predator. T...