The Night Walkers

Autorstwa Bookworm177

In the world of darkness, there truly is no one to trust... Sixteen-year-old Kit Stone has lived out her life... Więcej

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Epilogue: Shadow's Call
All Rights Reserved
Author's Notes

Chapter Nine

2K 119 29
Autorstwa Bookworm177

NINE

                                      She stared at the open cave where barely any light filtered through. She couldn't keep her mouth from opening up and exploding with gasps and little whimpers, it was too much for them; it was too much for kit to handle. She kept her eyes on the blood, watching is it trailed over the walls, over the ground were some oak leaves had fluttered down from  where they originally gleamed in the sun.

                                       She covered her mouth with her shaking hand and sunk to her knees. "Debra." She sobbed, Levi stood there, his face was shaken and pale; he looked freaked out, angry and dumbstruck all at the same time. She sunk to his knees moments after.

                                           There was a slight pause as Levi draped his arms over Kit's slender shoulders. "Are we going down there?"

                                              Levi just stared, not being able to answer. They both new the answer though, he began to nod, exchanging insane looks between Kit and the cave. They both breathed, watching as it created fog in the cool air and began to drift away along the wind.

                                             "How will this end for us though?" They both new it was the question that they kept on asking themselves in the back of their minds. Never did they want to actually acknowledge it as a possibility that they could quite possibly die doing these missions.

                                              Levi shrugged, Kit new he didn't think it was an easy task to complete. This was life or death because after all, at the end of the day, haunting memories will have awakened them.

                                             "We better get back to the academy and get our gear then." Kit said, beginning to walk back to the academy. Levi stood there still, staring blankly at the open cave. It was burred with oak leaves and dirt, but a little opening stuck out with a black background at the back.

                                                   "Come on Levi, please," She took one last look at the cave. "Never think about the possibilities." And she walked away, pulling him along towards the academy once more.

                                                                   * * * * * * 

                                As they reached the academy's entrance, where the familiar cold metal door stuck out against fog. Very gently Kit came and tapped on the door, kit expected the same man to have opened the peephole. She expected that same man she had seen many time before, except this time, the eyes showing weren't blue, they were purple.

                                   Her eyes opened wide, for she knew who those purple eyes belonged to, they were Syria's. Only Syria's eyes had sharp effect towards them. Her eyes found Kit's, showing off a very disappointed look. 

                                 "Kit! Levi!" She almost shouted at them, "Get inside right now and if I have to chain you in here, I will." She opened the door, her arms folded in an angry way. Kit and Levi just stood there in the fog; Kit would rather freeze than come in.

                                    After a few minutes though, it became unbearable Kit in her blouse, so she stepped in, cursing beneath her breath as she did so. Levi also stepped in, having no choice because Syria hauled him in after Kit.

                                   "Kit! You promised me not to get into danger!" The look on Syria's face showed pure white concern and anger that Kit shied back, almost bumping into Levi as she did.

                                 "Okay...I'm really sorry, it was all my idea." Kit couldn't meet her eyes as she said it.

                              "Is that true Levi?" She asked Levi, raising her eyebrows at him. Kit turned around, mouthing 'yes' and 'Say yes.' But Levi was more truthful than that.

                                   "No, it was my idea." His face fell, "If I would have known, I wouldn't have let Kit go."

                                 Syria eyes them both, not knowing who was telling the truth. "Knowing Kit, I think it was her idea,  since it's not the first time she has disobeyed my, or another teachers, orders. So come along Kit, Levi, get back to your dorm and don't come out." She gestured for Kit to come and Kit willingly did.

                                  Levi opened his mouth to speak, but he couldn't utter any words, he just stared after them, watching as Kit was virtually pulled away by Syria.

                             Kit couldn't speak, she just watched as Syria through ice shards at her with her blue eyes. "I am not happy at all Kit!" She spat. They were in Syria's office and Kit was sitting in a chair, her fingers digging into her palms.

                            "It took Debra, what was I meant to do?!" Kit erupted, standing up from her chair. Her words didn't get Syria off guard; it was like she already knew Debra was taken. How could she of though?

                           "That's the thing, you don't do anything Kit." She continued pacing, holding a thin dagger as sharp as a needles point. Kit watched as it gleamed in the light. "Sit down."

                           Kit sat, biting her lip, "I wasn't about to let my best friend be killed by a vicious unknown beast!" It was almost the same words she had said to Levi only hours before. She would get away, bringing Levi with her and together they would take down the beast. 

                            Imagination works in strange ways, sometimes it makes you think you can do anything; everything seems so easy in your imagination. That's because you can control that, but in reality, everyone is capable of anything as long as they know how to. Kit didn't know how to though, she was as incapable as a mouse when it came to fighting the beast on her own.

                               "You have to wake up Kit! You need to be aware of reality. Your reality at the moment is an easy way out of everything, but in actual reality, everything is hard unless you make it not be." Syria said.

                              "Well maybe I'm not making it be hard." Kit shot back.

                              Syria said nothing for the moment; she just stared at the ground. "Okay, how do you not make it hard?" 

                             Kit focused on Syria's cold eyes, forming an answer in her head. "All I need to do is not let anyone make my own decisions. In this academy though, all I do is follow orders and listen and be controlled."

                             "So you’re saying you don't want to be in the Academy?" Syria was trying to make Kit give in and say that Syria was right and that she was right all along, but Kit was never a person to give in.

                          "Believe me, I want to be in the academy, in fact I have to be in the academy because I'm a freak along with the rest of our kind!" And Kit stormed out of the room, not waiting to see whether Syria followed.

                                 She marched into the corridor, wanting to curl into a ball and sit alone. She didn't want to be judged on anything anymore. She just sat on the ground, tucking her legs up and sitting her chin on her knees, sighing a very deep, sad sigh.

                                 Kit wanted something that she knew she would never have...A normal life, she would often watch the humans on the streets, talking to each other, living days upon days on end. They got to live and have fun and smile instead of constantly worrying about failing every single day.

                               What was Kit to do? Her best friend was being held captive by a beast! Her life at the academy was probably being decided to come to an end because she never went with whatever anyone says!

                              For once she wished she had an actual life that felt like it needed to be lived. Every time she had ever been on a mission, she didn't really care whether she didn't come back or not, her whole life she needed to impress everyone, it may have worked, but she didn't need anyone's impression. She had a very great expectation, just like in the book by Charles Dickens that she read by the window at her old house. 

                               Every minute that ticked by, her friends came closer and closer o dying. Every hour that ticked by, she got closer and closer to dying because she wasn't immortal, no one lives forever, and nothing does.

                               One day, she had asked herself whether anything was immortal; the answer she got was a solid 'No.' The idea of a chair s immortal because humans will never go back to sitting on the ground.

                               Living things however, always had an ending, happy or sad, it didn't really matter. Not to Kit Stone it didn't anyway. She was figuring out her plan, she only hoped it worked out in the end.

                                    She set a mental note to find Levi and ask whether he would help her. She wasn't sure why she always asked Levi, she didn't want to really think about why, even though deep down, or even less than that, she knew why.

__________________________________________

This chapter is dedicated to all my fans/ Followers I should say, SO thank you all SO much for helping my book reach over 1,000 reads! I have officially achieved my goal. Now I need to reach my goal of one million, a bit of a way to go, but I'm pretty sure I can succeed!!

Whoever is reading this now should know just how much it means to me that my book is doing really well as it has been my dream to fulfil!! Xx

With much appreciation,

~Ness <3

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

205 31 20
In the shadowed alleys of Avaloria, where humans and werewolves teeter on the brink of war, Detective Luna Marquez stands as a beacon of hope. She's...
1.3K 394 46
"I turned to look all around me as I finished singing. The ghosts around me started to smile. And after that, I too, slowly began to smile. Then, the...
866K 45.9K 49
You know her name. You know her story. You know her secret. She isn't like any other girl, not anymore. Jared Walker complicated everything; he told...
1.7K 46 30
Marigold never expected her sixteenth birthday to be a turning point in her life, a sharp departure from everything she thought she knew. The betraya...