Adelia ✎

Da thevibexz

[ONGOING] "What would you do if I die?" "Die." "Oh you would die?" I mumble and he nods giving me a small s... Altro

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
epilogue

16

9.1K 272 186
Da thevibexz

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
adelia

I'm barely getting by.

I miss Zeke and my friends.

Ever since I came home a week ago, my body has been sore.

Yes, from my hip.

And from the fists of my own mother and stepfather.

Not mention the bottles of beers and when I've got thrown around by Ryan.

I tried explaining, I really did. But it was no use, she told me I asked for it, that I always craved for that attention. I don't remember anything else after that, except for the fact that I passed out. I woke up on the kitchen floor past midnight and the house was a disaster. I heard mum throwing dishware in the room we kept locked up but thankfully, I don't remember anything else.

I haven't texted anyone either, no matter how much I missed them.

Not Zeke.

Not Ajax.

Not The Smiths.

I was too afraid of even walking out my own door, but I was petrified of staying in the closed walls of something I was supposed to call home.

So today, a week after everything happened, I had the guts to walk out the door.

I wore tight black leggings to hide away the awful bruises and scratches that was made by my own family, and something to cover my arms where glass bottles of beer dug into my skin, leaving marks. And with some makeup, I was able to cover a decent amount of cuts from my face. I must admit, I've gone pretty good at it.

Not something I should be proud of but I am.

"Hi Ajax!" I put on a smile on my face as I walk into the cafe, a smile spreading across his lips as he walks towards me.

"How you holding up?" he asked, checking my face for injuries. I feel awful knowing he knows about what happened in the alley, now I know he must pity me.

I don't want anyone to pity me.

"I'm doing great!" I say proudly, even though I can barely walk straight.

He nodded, but he knows I'm not telling the truth."Ezekiel came in here a few times,"

"Oh," I whisper, "did he need anything?"

"No. He sat on the counter staring at me for thirty-five minutes before finally deciding he wanted to leave. It was honestly creepy,"

"Cool."

He raises a brow, "Are you sure you're okay? You can take the day off, and I didn't give you your paycheck," he mumbles, running a hand through his hair.

I shake my head, "No, don't worry about it! How's your wife?"

He smiles sheepishly, "She's pregnant, again,"

My eyes widened, "I know what yall did," I shake my head in disbelief, "Unbelievable Ajax! Couldn't keep it in your pant-" he cuts me off.

"Shut up,"

I laugh lightly, knowing my stomach and chest would ache if I laugh any harder.

"Congratulations, Ajax," I pat his shoulder.

"I'm going to go to the Smiths, I'll come back later," I also need a rest and the only place I'll get that is the library.

"See you around, kid. Take care," he nodded toward the door where I saw Zeke enter.

"Oh great freakin' heavens," I mumble, not ready to face him. What would I say? I haven't answered his texts and-

"Hello Adelia,"

I spin awkwardly, facing the guy that looked absolutely gorgeous. Snap out of it you loser. "Hello!"

"How are you doing?" His lips formed a tight line as he shoved his hands in his pocket awkwardly.

"Fantastic!" Horrible. "You?"

"I've been well,"

"Cool," I nod.

"So-"

"Why do you do it?" I blurt unintentionally.

"Pardon?"

"You know like..." I look down at the floor, hoping he'll know what I mean.

"Oh," he mumbles, "I don't have a choice,"

I look up, "You always have a choice, Zeke,"

He shakes his head, "I don't, really. If I could change it, I would. But I can't because I was born into it and there's nothing I can do about that,"

Okay, but what if he and I have children? Ain't no way I'm going to be allowing them to see this kind of reality or the one I have at home.

And then thirty-seven years later Zeke and I are happily married, if may I add, he's not dead, with 321 kids.

Okay, maybe not that much.

Duh.

"What if you like- die," I suggest, "Fake your death!" I say a little bit too loudly when the cafe goes quiet.

"Awkward," I mumble when I feel the gaze of unknown people at the back of my head.

"Let's get cookies," I smile sheepishly while resisting the urge to grab his hand and skip out of here, hoping that nobody would remember that.

"We should do a staring competition, or whoever eats the most cookies wins 100 bucks," I smile knowing I would beat the crap out of anyone who tried versing me.

"Lovely idea, Darling,"

"Does that mean you'll do it with me?"

"No," he deadpanned.

I frown. "Why not? Scared you'll lose?"

He looks at me, his lips twitching. "That's exactly why. How'd you know?"

"Mind reader, if you know you know," I shrug, "Not everyone has it. I have it because I'm cool. Isn't that funny because I'm the only person that has that power. Get it? Because I'm the only cool person," I'm dying of laughter, ignoring the amount of pain I felt.

"You're wearing makeup," He blurts, his cheeks glowing red.

"Oh," I laugh awkwardly, "yeah, I am. How'd you know?"

"Your freckles," he points to my cheeks and nose, "they look faded and aren't very visible. You have 33 freckles altogether, that's if I counted correctly,"

"You counted how many freckles I have?"

He nodded, "Yes. I think it was at the cafe when we met, if I'm correct. They're very pretty and it suits you,"

"Thank you," I smile looking away from him so he can't see how flushed I am. Zeke has one dimple, and a few freckles on the bridge of his nose. I admired him closely because he was just very captivating.

"What?"

"Nothing, I'm just very happy," And in an incredible amount of pain, thanks for asking.

"Me too, darling," he whispers, "me too,"

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Mrs Smith!" I do not run to her, I would if it was an option but I feel blood on my leg so I walk slowly hoping it'll help it stop, though I know it won't.

"Adelia, sweetie! Hi," she squeezes her arms around me, I hold in the hiss that threatens to leave my lips.

"Where is Mr Smith?"

She shrugs, grabbing her newsletter that rested on the counter. "I think he went to buy us some coffee and pastries,"

I roll my eyes playfully, "Always those darn pastries,"

"Yes, indeed. Good to see you, Ezekiel,"

He nods in response.

I point to the bathroom, "I'm just going to be in the bathroom,"

"Of course! Go right ahead,"

As I make my way to the bathroom, I notice the blood leaking through my leggings. This is bad, it looks bad. How'd it get bad? I have no clue!

I lock the door and quickly make my way to where the paper towel is, grabbing some and wetting it with the tapping. I sat on the floor like an idiot. I'm not worried, knowing many people don't come here, and when they do, the Smiths clean it right after.

I let out a sigh of relief when I see the smudged blood that has taken colour on my leggings. It isn't too bad. I wipe away the blood with the wet paper and then get some more to wipe the stain from my tights.

I flush all that down the toilet, wash my hands and walk out with a smile on my face so no one suspects that scars are being stained on my body from people I was supposed to feel safe with.

"I hope you know how to defend yourself," Mrs Smith eyes Zeke carefully.

"I do," he nodded.

"Good. Because if you hurt her," she narrows her eyes at him. "I will end you. Respectfully sweetie, of course," she beams.

Zeke turns to me, eyes wide. His dark hair was slightly messy, resting on top of his forehead as he nodded once to Mrs Smith, eyes still trained on me.

"And I swear-" Mrs Smith cuts herself off when she notices me, "Adelia, sweetie, hi! Your friend and I were just talking,"

I smile, "Oh so I've heard," my cheeks warmed.

"Shall we get going now, Adelia?" Zeke cleared his throat, nodding toward the door.

"Cookie competition?"

He shrugs, lips quirking up. "What else?"

"Adelia, your face is burning up," Mrs Smith presses the back of her hand to my forehead, "You're hot," 

"She knows,"

"I know," Zeke and I replied in sync.

"Ah, indeed. I see," She nodded, "Do you have a fever Darling?" I shake my head. "Well in that case, you better get going before Mr Smith scares yall away,"

"RIghtio," I chuckle lowly, "I'll come back soon,"

She waved us goodbye, a huge grin on her face as she watched us.

"So," I mumble, "how's MIlo? And Kayden. And your dad?"

He looks at me for a moment then looks away. "They're alright. Tomorrow would be the anniversary of my mother's death so Dad would lock himself in his room for the day. I'm running out of excuses to tell Kayden,"

I frown, "I'm sorry. You guys honestly didn't deserve that, you're a great family and I hope you guys can get past tomorrow with a bit of positivity," Kayden doesn't know?

He nods. "Thank you,"

"Kayden doesn't know about his mother?" I ask.

"Kayden was a baby when she passed, he doesn't remember much about her. He doesn't know anything really. Dad told him they separated to cause less of a heartache,"

I grab his hand reassuringly, "I'm sure your mother was a beautiful woman and I'm sorry. I could always keep you and Kayden company. You know, for tomorrow. You said your dad won't be out much and you don't have anything to tell Kayden. If he's busy the whole day and out of the house, he wouldn't realise where his dad is," My heart hurts for Atlas. And the rest of the family, of course.

I can't imagine how much pain they've gone through, how hard it must been for them.

"That would be nice," he mumbles, his fingers tightening around mine. "Thank you,"

"Of course,"

He opens the door of Cookie Man for me and I walk toward the back, smiling at Atlas. He nodded once, his lips pursed into a tight frown.

I wish him the best.

"I'll go get you cookies," Zeke fiddles with the end of his shirt and I can tell he is nervous. He isn't moving.

"What's wrong?" I whisper, head tilted. 

His eyes widen, "Oh- oh, nothing," he smiles softly before rushing away.

I watch as he talks to his dad, his fingers fiddling with one another as he waits patiently for the plate of cookies. He turns to me, and I see him sigh, smiling. Did he think I would've left?

A minute passed and he walked toward me with the plate. I eyed the delicious looking snack, the cookies, not Zeke, as he placed it on the table.

"I'm scared if I'm going to mess this up again," he admits, looking down at the cookies.

"Why would you mess up?" I question.

"What if I'm a bad friend? You got hurt and then you got kidnapped, which your handling so well and I'm so proud- but I already hurt you so many times and that isn't my intention. It never has been and never will,"

"Zeke you are not a bad friend. You had a bad day, we all have those. We control it differently and you're being a lot nicer and holding your temper very well," I smile, "from what I saw,"

He blinked.

And then he blinked again.

I speak up again, "I want to be your friend. I'll try getting used to it; everything,"

He looks at me, flabbergasted. "Are you sure?"

No.

But I will be eventually.

"Yes,"

He moves his chair closer to me, humming with a slightly lopsided smile. "May I have a hug?"

I nodded, "Yes, Zeke. You may have a hug,"

He gently wrapped his arm around me and I stiffen, his arms pressing against my bruised back. "I missed hugging you,"

My eyes widen, realising he was talking to me. I clear my throat, "Well, I freaking missed you,"

He pulls away from me, the tip of his ears red. "You've gotten softer," He gets nervous easily now and blushes quite more than he used to.

"I'm hard,"

My eyes widen. "Zeke!"

"Sorry, let's start this competition thing now,"

I nodded, "Yes we should start. And this is all free, correct?"

He stares at me.

Then blinks.

"Yeah. Duh,"

I roll my eyes. I missed talking to him.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Short chapter :)

I hope you have/had a good day/night ❤️

I'm so bored right now and i need to go toilet but im not bothered.

Please vote and comment, it helps me out a lot <3

With love xx <3

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

4.8K 658 21
"I'm a messed up girl." Sigh, peek through lashes, then "Most of the time I either overreact, or I don't react at all. There's a numb spot where my h...
237K 4.6K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
Language Da LyEr7107

Storie d'amore

13.8K 251 46
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...
Delicate Love Da 🌻

Storie d'amore

89K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...