Back To You

De HollyHanson5

Two weeks. Two weeks is all it took for them to fall hopelessly in love with each other. Unfortunately when e... Mais

****
1- Confused
2- He wouldn't do that to me
3- Find her
4- Am I a bad person?
5- Actually, there is
6- Drake
8- Catching Up
9- Rapunzel
10- Something much better
11- The bonfire
12- Swimming
13- Fishing trip
14- Getting closer
15- Seven days
16- Can't Help Falling
17- Unwanted Phone Call
18- Scared
19- Numbers
20- All's fun in games and dancing
21- Date night
22- Leaving
23- Plane ride
24- The Safehouse
25- One phone call
26- Hope and a miracle
27- A decision to make
28- Court
29- Welcome to Michigan
30-Reunited
31- You're it for me
32- I'm not going anywhere
33- Of course I will
34- Skittles
35- A few surprises
36- The end
🚨Aaron's book🚨

7- The Cabin

1K 72 22
De HollyHanson5

Hailey's P.O.V.

"Are you going to be okay and do you understand everything you need to do?" Justin asked.

"Yes and I know what to do. Once I get to where I'm going, stay put and don't go out. Blah, blah, blah. Got it."

"I have a call out to one of my contacts. I'll get a hold of you when he reaches me." Justin said.

"Here." Amy handed me a gun, already loaded with a clip. "There's extra clips in your bag. Do you know how to use one of these?"

I smiled. "Actually, I do. My Dad taught me." I took it from her and paused for a moment... "Do you think he'll find me?"

This was a very important question.

"No, as long as you aren't stupid. We'll get a hold of you once we find a better location to hide you. Right now I think this is our best chance at keeping you alive. Even though I think this is a really, really stupid idea. Justin's right, Carlos knows you're with Justin and I so if you're not he has no other leads. Plus you refused any other agents. If you want me to, I can come with you though?"

"No, I'll be okay. What if Carlos kills the both of you when I'm gone though?"

"I've already thought of that, my contact will get a hold of you. You're going to have to trust me on this one, okay." Justin tried reassuring me.

I wasn't so reassured but I nodded anyway. "How will I know who it is?"

"Alright, let's say something does happen to Amy and I. When my contact gets a hold of you, our code word so you know you can trust him will be... skittles."

"Skittles?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Skittles it is." I let out a breath. I needed to calm down.

"You're one of the strongest people I know. What you're doing is very brave, just so we can put away a dangerous man. Remember that. Also, whatever you do, stay off of social media." Amy warned.

"I will."

"Here's your phone. Our numbers are already programmed in it, only call if it's in an absolute emergency and don't call anyone else."

I started laughing, "A flip phone? Yikes."

"You don't need a smartphone, it's too high-tech and much more traceable."

"What is this?" I questioned, pointing to a weird button on the side of the phone.

"It's a scrambler so nobody can track your location, not even us. It's very important and if for some reason it falls off or breaks, don't use the phone anymore."

"Got it."

"Your bags are packed with everything you asked for. Keep the gun and phone close to you at all times. For some reason if we get word Carlos knows your location, get out. Don't pack, the only thing you need is your phone and your gun, oh and there's another gun and phone in your trunk with a few other outfits. Also, if you have to run," She pointed to a switch in my car. "Flip that red lever up, there is a little red light that will flash. This is a tracking device so we can get your location if things go sideways. Once you turn that on, our phones will beep letting us know you're in danger."

"Christ! He's not going to find me though, I promise."

"We'll be in contact with you shortly." Justin said as he handed me an envelope full of cash. "There's three grand in there, use it wisely." He opened my car door for me. I placed the envelope inside the bag that Amy packed for me. I gave them one last look before taking off.

****
I was finally in Michigan but according to the GPS I bought off an older couple at a gas station, I still had another hour to drive before I got to the cabin. I was tired and ready for bed.

I started having second thoughts the closer I got to Michigan, so I turned around. I kept going over all the reasons why I shouldn't be going. I was putting all these people's lives in possible danger, so what the hell was I thinking coming here?

But then talked myself back into it and turned back around. I realized I was going to be okay and I needed to say goodbye to Jessica, just in case everything went badly before Carlos' trial.

When I found the file in Carlos' office, there was no information on Jessica or her family. Plus I only ever called her on a pay phone since I met Carlos. That's the only reason I knew I'd be safe here.

I let out a breath, putting my hair up in a baseball cap. I stopped off at the gas station in town and filled up, keeping my head down so no cameras could see my face. I still wasn't worried he'd find me but I was still going to be cautious, no matter what.

I grabbed five hundred dollars out of my bag and went inside. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and cleaned up a little before buying my gas and alcohol... lots and lots of alcohol.

I got back in the car and took off again. Fifteen minutes later when I was out of town, I pulled over alongside the road and took my baseball cap off. I put some makeup on so I didn't look tired and worn out and sprayed myself with perfume until I could take a nice warm shower. I felt a little better and hoped Jess wouldn't notice how stressed I was.

A little while later, I was pulling up to the cabin. By cabin I meant log mansion. This place was freaking huge and I was in awe of this place. When Jess told me it was secluded she wasn't kidding. It was miles out of town and the view of the lake was just as beautiful as she had described on the phone.

"HAILEY!" Jessica screamed as she ran out of the cabin.

I started laughing as she got closer. "Jessie!" We wrapped our arms around each other as she jumped on top of me, "I missed you, Jess." I cried.

"I missed you too, Hails. I'm so glad you came."

Pulling away we wipes the tears from our eyes. "Come on, let's get you inside. I want to introduce you to everyone."

"Okay."

"Hails, you okay?"

"Yep. It was a long drive, I'm just tired."

She smiled and grabbed my big duffle bag for me, while I grabbed the paper bags with the alcohol and locked the car doors.

We walked into the cabin laughing, teasing each other for how gitty we were that we were together again when I noticed a bunch of people all over the cabin, smiling our way.

"Hailey!" I turned towards the voice.

"Sara!" I squealed, happily as she ran over to me. I gently put the paper bags down on the floor, before giving each other a hug.

I opened my eyes, about to say something to her when my eyes locked with the most gorgeous blue eyed man I'd ever seen. The mystery man gave me a slight smirk as we continued to stare at each other.

I suddenly looked away, hoping to God that wasn't Drew. The man I've heard so much about and the man who Jessica was head over heels in love with.

Sara and I hugged for a moment longer before pulling away.

"Girl, how are you? It's been a while. Shit, look at that tan. The Texas sun agrees with you."

"Thank you. I've been good. How have you been? God the last time I talked to Jess you finished up school... doctor." I nudged her shoulder.

"I did. Finally, I never thought I'd finish. I'm a pediatric doctor at the clinic in Detroit."

"That's awesome, I'm proud of you."

Jess wrapped her arms around my waist, "You girlys can continue chit chatting in a bit, I'm going to do introductions real quick." She spun me so I was facing everyone, "Everyone, this is Hailey."

"Hi Hailey." They all said simultaneously.

I waved shyly. "Hello."

Her arm was still wrapped around my waist as she started walking me forward, "This is Ian, Sara's man."

"Nice to meet you Hailey."

"You too."

Jess led me over to the living room where there were three guys and a girl sitting down. "Then we have Greg and Shane who are single by the way."

I looked over at her, smiling but secretly wanting to kill her right now.

"And then Owen and his girlfriend, Kayla."

I nodded their way. "Hello."

"It's very nice to meet you, sweetheart." Shane said, winking my way.

"Can she be here more than five minutes before you hit on the poor woman?" Kayla jokes. "It's nice to meet you Hailey, we've heard a lot about you."

I smiled, "I can't even begin to guess what she's told you."

"All good things of course. I would never willingly tell them the bad-"

"You mean, fun." I corrected.

"Fun... stuff because we are extremely crazy when we get together." Jess admitted.

"That's why I'm here. To tell them the fun stuff." I teased her.

"For the love, please don't."

I started laughing as she walked me over to the other two guys. Shit the hottie was Drew, I just knew it was him and I totally checked him out in front of everyone, including Jess. Don't get me wrong, they were both good looking guys, actually everyone here was but there was something about this blue eyed man that pulled me to him.

"And then this is my Drew." She said, pointing at the brown eyed man.

Yay!

He reached out and pulled me into a hug, which I happily accepted, especially now knowing I didn't check out Jessica's guy. "Hi Hailey. It's nice to put a face to the voice I've talked to."

I smiled. "Agreed. It's nice to finally meet you, Drew."

We pulled away and Jess spun me towards the last guy. "and this guy is Drake, Drew's cousin. Who's also... very single." She smiled, nudging me closer.

"Jess." I mumbled, shaking my head at her, biting my lip trying to hide my smile.

I turned back to Drake, "It's nice to meet you, Drake. Thank you for letting me join you guys, I really appreciate it."

He held out his hand. He still had that smirk, it was just bigger now. He inhaled sharply, as he took his hand into mine. He shook off whatever that was and smiled again. "It's no problem at all, I'm glad you could join us."

The tingling sensation from his touch shot through my body, making my heart beat faster and I'm almost positive I could hear it beating. I didn't realize our hands were still locked together and he was making no effort to pull away either as we continued to stare into each other's eyes.

His eyes were mesmerizing.

I cleared my throat, realizing there were others in the room and let go of his hand, reluctantly pulling away from this man. I swallowed hard as he continued to stare at me.

I looked over at Jessica and Drew who were both looking between us with smiles on their faces.

I started walking towards the bags I brought in, "Anyways, I'm sure you're wondering why I have all these bags with me. Jess told me you all split the food and I didn't want to come empty handed today so I brought alcohol."

I lifted the four paper bags with a smile, walked over to the table and placed them down.

Jess leaned in, whispering as she pointed over to Drake. "What was that?"

"Nothing!"

Drew, Greg, Drake and Shane started taking out all the bottles. "Holy shit, Jessica. I'm in love with your cousin." Greg beamed as he looked at the whiskey bottle in his hand.

"How much did you spend?" Drake asked as he kept pulling out the bottles with an amused look on his face.

"Maybe like... four hundred and fifty-ish?" I mumbled.

"Four hundred and fifty?" Shane choked out.

"Ish!" I corrected. "I'm thirsty."

Shane laughed, "And a possible alcoholic."

Everyone came over, scoping out all the delicious bottles I brought.

"Well it's for everyone and I'm not, usually."

"You have some very good taste, Hailey." Drake said, looking at the tequila next.

"This wouldn't be because of a certain ex-fiancé would it?" Jessica asked.

"It most certainly is and I don't want to talk about him."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.3M 83.2K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
559K 23.4K 44
"Choose. Her or the club." Briac demanded thrusting the gun in my hand as I looked back at her. The Riders are my family but she is the love of my li...
266K 8K 40
Mahogany is a young innocent 17 year old girl who is in her final year of school. She's got her best friends around her so nothing could possibly go...
404K 8.8K 84
(currently editing) When Isabella has finally had enough of the abuse, she decides to leave. She finally has the strength to run from the monster she...