UNTOLD | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 3)

Per ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNVEIL) UNRAVEL book 3: Now, as things have started to change, the challenges Aine had... Mรฉs

[ 01 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]

[ 22 ]

42 2 0
Per ixfixite_

Everyone had soon gone back to their common rooms by the time the Yule Ball was coming to an end, much to their displeasure. Aine on the other hand was wandering about the quiet corridors of Hogwarts, her unsteady heels clacking as she walks through passageways, letting her feet take her wherever she want. It was nearly midnight but since the curfew was extended, she might as well give herself a tour around alone. 

In a few days, all these pretty decorations will be taken down and it was a pity that it lasted only for a short while. She didn't want Christmas to end since it was her favourite holiday and celebration of the year, it was when people come together to rejoice, to have fun, to be surrounded by not only gifts but happiness and the atmosphere was just so cosy and warm despite the brutal winter. It seemed that during this time of the year, Hogwarts was breathtakingly more astonishing and magical; Aine loved it, it was like walking around in a massive Christmassy castle, exploring and searching for tiny little pretty things that only happens in fairytales.

She hums a small tune, a Christmas carol as she walks, gazing at the icicles and bauble ornaments decorated around the school. Her fingers brushed through the dangling beaded garlands, feeling the various textures of the decorations and admiring them as she went by. It was such a waste not to roam around in the castle today, especially when it was the most beautiful. She felt the slight wind that tickles her bare shoulders and giggled to herself, it was cold but it felt so peaceful and lovely that she didn't mind the cold, and it was cooling her heated body too.

When she realized where she was, her feet took her up the spiral stairway of the Astronomy Tower and by the time she had reached the top, she was out of breath. Aine panted, holding onto the handles, she was alright when climbing up the stairs but today was different. Perhaps I'm too exhausted from all the dancing, she thought to herself. Chuckling slightly, she whispered, "Silly me~"

Her sight spiralled for a moment and she tightens her grip on the railings for support, groaning as she shook away the dizziness until she was feeling alright again. When her vision cleared up, she spotted a lone figure standing in front of her, his eyes staring right at hers, "Sorry, I didn't know someone was here," she blurted, giggling to herself again, "I will take my leave now!" she curtsied, tripping on her shoes, only to be caught by him.

"Please, stay," he spoke, and Aine looks at him, "Oh? Hello there, my lord!" she greeted happily and he snorted at her comment, "My my. Have you been drinking, my lady?" he asked and she nodded, stumbling to the ground as she sighs, "All I drank was water... Juice and some bubbled drink—" she counted with her fingers and he chuckles, watching her explain, "It was horrible though! Ugh... It was the worst drink I've ever drunk at Hogwarts and I only drank a little!" she complains, "Even the medicine I brewed was so much tastier."

Her words slurred as she talked, making him amused at the sight of her. It was a first since he has never seen her like this, and she was being adorable right now in his eyes. He lowers himself down so that he met eye and eye with Aine, taking a small sniff of the air around them, "Yeah, that's definitely alcohol. It's bad for you, you shouldn't have drunk it." he mumbles to her, watching her head nodding away.

"Really?" she beamed, "Did you drink it too?" she asks brightly, her pupils growing wide and sparkly at him.

"Oh, dear," he let out a sigh, his eyes staring tenderly at her, "What am I going to do with you, Aine?" he said softly, tucking her fringe behind her ears before her eyelids fluttered open at his touch, "Draco..?"

"Hi there, love," he smiled at her and her eyes widened, "Wha— Oh! Hi there!"

She didn't know what had just happened, all that she was now wide awake. It was so sudden, one moment she was feeling so sleepy and then she wasn't anymore. Then when she noticed that they were talking normally, she became conscious again and Draco caught on too. He looks away from her, and the mood around them tensed up. This was the first time they spoke to one another after a long time, ever since they fought— Ever since she got a panic attack and he carried her to the infirmary.

There was an uncountable amount of times she wanted to thank him, and apologize but there wasn't a perfect time to do it since he was always surrounded by a certain loyal chick. Even if she tried to confront him, he would always avoid her which made her frustrated. Their silence only increased and the crack of their friendship was deepening.

"I'm sorry—"

"I'm sorry!"

They turned to each other after apologising in unison, bursting into small laughter before Draco took the initiative to speak first. "I don't know how to even start but... I'm really sorry, Aine," he said bitterly, biting down on his lips as she relaxes her stiff shoulders.

"I just— I... I know you tried to, come up to me and talk and I pushed you away. I'm sorry. I wanted to speak with you too, but I just couldn't say it. I'm such a coward..." Draco mutters, he went on as Aine listened, "I should have apologized much sooner, it's my fault. I lashed out at you and about the badges—"

"I know. I know it wasn't you who made them. I figured them out." Aine interrupted, feeling guilty for accusing him of making them.

"No," he said, "I did wear them before but I've thrashed them all away and even the ones my friends were wearing, I've tossed them all into the bin," he confesses and Aine looks to him, relieved and also proud of him at the same time.

"You were right, I was a git. I hurt you even though you were helping me and I can't express how sorry I am..." He trails off, guilt in his eyes as he prepared for what she has to say, "So, you don't have to say anything or do anything. I respect your decision if you don't want to be friends anymore. I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry for saying all those spiteful words to you..." he tells her. His heart was aching, what if she didn't want to be friends with him? What if this was where they divide and move on with their lives without interacting anymore? What if... she hated him now? 

Draco waited, his furrowed gaze casting downwards to the wooden floorboards, whatever he was thinking earlier, he did not want any of that. The thought of it made his hands tremble, he feared that whatever he was thinking might come true and though he braced himself for the worst, he didn't want to hear it, he didn't want to hear how much she hated him from her words because he was sure he couldn't handle it.

Aine reaches to his cheeks, cupping it as she raises his face to meet hers. She smiled sadly, feeling a sharp pang on her chest, he was feeling all those guilt ever since then like her and knowing for a fact that it only plagued them both as they kept quiet. "You're not a coward, Draco. You're not," she repeated to him, making sure that the words stick into his mind. "You're brave and I'm so proud of you for standing against your friends about the badges. And I'm—" she hesitated, her voice was shaking and her touch faded away from his cheeks.

"I'm sorry too. I am. For accusing you, for not thinking about your feelings and neglecting them. I should have been more understanding. I—I was being selfish to only think about my feelings and myself that I neglected your views," she said in a gentle timid tone. He gazed at her, his lips curling, "It wasn't your fault," he caresses her cheeks.

"It is and I'm so sorry for misunderstanding you. And... Thank you for calming me down and bringing me to the infirmary the other time. I appreciate that."

"I did what I had to do. You were in pain and I wanted to help. I'm glad you're alright now," he smiles and she nodded. 

"It does feel a little embarrassing now when I think about it..." she light chuckles, referring to her panic attack and Draco exhales through his nose, "There's nothing to feel embarrassed about showing your vulnerable sight. It only makes us human, doesn't it?"

"You're right..."

"But I'm sorry for everything," he added.

"Stop. Stop apologising, you told me that before, didn't you?" she said, and his lips parted again, almost uttering another 'sorry' before clamping it back, "Thanks..." he replies in return.

"Now, shall we just move on now that we have apologized?" She asks him and his heart beat faster, "Move on?" he questions, fearing for the worst.

"As in, let bygones be bygones now that we're even," Aine explained and he gulped, "You mean we could still stay as friends?" he questions innocently like a child.

Aine chuckles, nodding, "Of course, Draco!"

His lips curled up into a bright smile and his eyes twinkled with gratitude, making her laugh even more, "If you want, I mean. I was in the wrong too and if you're burdened by my words then—"

"NOT AT ALL!" he shouted suddenly, making her flinch. He was glad that she had forgiven him, and that they decided to forgive and forget, but staying as friends made him happier than he ever was so far today.

"Right!" Aine nodded, before extending her hand to him, "It's good to have you back, Draco Malfoy!" she cheered and he took her hand, pulling her up, "It's great to be back like this, Aine," he jabbers.

He took the time to marvel at her, it was the first time he had seen her up-close since the Yule Ball as Pansy wouldn't let him look at her even for a second. Her dress suited her very well and even though the makeup had enhanced her eyes, even more, she was still pretty. More than that, she was ethereal. When Aine walked towards the edge of the tower, looking ahead on the snowy mountains and falling snowflakes, Draco saw the pin he had given her last Christmas clipped behind her hair. He blushed, delighted she was using the pin well and that she looked really good in it too. 

"So beautiful," he whispers under his breath.

"What?"

His eyes widened, and he covers his mouth with the back of his sleeves, adverting his eyes away, "You look beautiful today, and elegant..." he complimented shyly. 

Aine's heart pounded loudly, skipping a beat as she smiles sheepishly. She was told that quite a few times today but hearing one from him made her even more content. "You look stunning yourself too." 

"Thanks," he simpers, walking up to her as their eyes sank into one another, drawing them in deeper. His grey eyes reflected in her golden ones, and they both dilated together. He admired her from the side when she turned to the glowing moon. The light glimmered down at her light skin as she closes her eyes, feeling the breeze. It was getting colder now and she wished she had bought a blanket.

Draco removes his jacket, placing it over her shoulders without a word and he leaned towards the metal bars, "You wear too little. What if you caught a cold?" he exhales, she looked heavenly in the dress but a part of him wishes that she wore something thicker, worried that she may catch a cold in this chilly weather.

"Sorry," Aine whispered back and he quickly whipped his head to her, bewildered by her apology, "No, um... I wasn't scolding you or anything, I was just—"

"Worried," they both said together and Aine diverts her eyes away, a grin appearing on her face for a second before she swallowed and he cleared his throat. Silence filled the air once more, suffocating the two of them as they each thought of something to say.

Draco picked up his confidence and turned to her, "It's weird that we're meeting here again on Christmas, doesn't it?"

"Not really," Aine replied, "I like it actually. It's like our secret hiding spot," she confesses and he hums, agreeing with her, "It's nice when you put it that way."

"Well, I mean it feels like we owned this place. I often come here to see the scenery and stars, just to clear my mind for a bit, you know?" she mumbles, the skies were blurred with thick clouds and there were no stars today, only the snow and the moon remained.

"Me too," he chimed, "the stars here are beautiful when you come up here. It just washes away all your worries and your concerns seemed so small compared to the vast skies." 

"I supposed, that's why they chose here to be the Astronomy Tower," she shrugged and he chuckles, "I supposed so."

The two stood side by side, Aine stretching out with one arm to try and catch the snowflakes, it made Draco smile whenever it seemed to slip through her fingers and she would frown. He took the chance to lighten up the mood, gently nudging her with his body and she would sway like a leaf. Aine shot him a look before she bumps him back, and the two banter with their little pushing battle. 

"It's getting late, do you think we should go?" Aine asks and Draco kept quiet for a second, not wanting to leave, it seemed that time often passed so quickly whenever they were alone and when they weren't talking, it felt like an eternity. Thinking of a reason to stay longer, he tilted his head to her, "Shall we have one last dance before we go?" 

Aine blinked back her surprise, baffled by his sudden request, her feet were aching a little but since Christmas was coming to an end, why not? She watches as he reached a hand out to her, anxious whether she would accept the dance or not but Aine's heart simply pounded louder, taking it after debating, "Of course."

An ecstatic smile plastered on their faces, "But I got to remind you, I may step on your feet. Dancing is difficult for me," she warns, her eyes twinkling and his lips fell into a thin line, pulling her closer, "I don't mind," he smirked, almost as if daring her to do it, "It doesn't matter since you seem like a great dancer yourself when you danced with Luceras."

She raised a brow, "Oh? Have you seen me dancing?"

"Of course, it's hard to ignore such a pretty lady dancing," he said with admiration, bringing her to the centre of the floor.

"My my, what am I going to do with your flattery, Malfoy?" she lowered her gaze at him, "Dance with me?" he replies smoothly, causing her to scoff. "Come on, please?" he urges with a whiney voice and Aine tilted her head at his cute behaviour, feeling her heart sway a little.

"Alright," she accepted, it would be a lie to say she didn't want to dance with him under this magical evening. 

"One moment," he murmurs, tugging their intertwining hands to the side where he pulled out his wand, he waves it at the wreath nearby and a bauble ornament levitated towards them. "Watch this," he told her and she looks at the ornament land at the side of the stairs, with another wave, it started spinning and a faint music box melody echoed through the tower. The ball of ornament manoeuvred around them, spreading the tune across the place and tiny stars surrounded the both of them; it was the milky way in their grasp. They glistened and swirled softly like a wave of glitter, it was truly mesmerising. 

Aine pursed her lips, she beamed at the stars floating around them and clapped, "Show off," she sneers jokingly, "But impressive. I give you that."

"I'm glad you liked it," he winks, sending a wave of butterflies in her stomach as she playfully rolled her eyes.

He took the lead to start, moving along to the melody as their steps corresponded in sync. Their eyes sunk into each other, like the Moon and the Sun revolving around in a waltz. It was as if they were trapped in their world because even though the clock had rung, they couldn't hear it at all. With the music note falling, he spun her dramatically, making her burst out into a small fit of giggles, her smile was so infectious that he found himself smiling too. She was just beautiful in his eyes, and for all Godric know, he could say that a thousand times again and again because there were no other words to describe the girl in front of him.

They danced to the sweet music and twirled and swayed to the melody. Aine stared at him, his face was glowing like his platinum hair, like the snow, and like the moon. Their eyes never tore from each other and it felt like they were soon drowning in each other's orbs. Slowly, falling, falling

He feints a drop, making her gasp from almost falling before darting at him, her eyes narrowed into slits "Rude." 

Draco chortles, "Sorry, Ma'am," he twirls her again and her dress sprawled like a dancing petal, he gaped at her and she taps on his shoulder, "It isn't good manners to stare," she scolded and he looks away immediately, breaking the eye contact, "You were too beautiful today. I can't help it!" he raised and dropped his shoulders.

"Beautiful, beautiful, Aine."

"Handsome, handsome, Draco." she copies, and he chuckles at her comment, "Are we having a battle of compliments?"

"Maybe? We should probably stop, otherwise, my heart is going to burst." she blurted out and his eyebrows raised together, "What?"

Realizing what she just said, she quickly brushed it away but before she could speak, he interjected, "Mine too."

"It seems our hearts are full from this dance and compliment battle," Aine remarks and he nodded, "Definitely."

When the music box's melody came to a close, their steps halted perfectly and it was then they realize how closed they both were. Draco drew back a little, feeling enthralled by her faint perfume that smelled of flowers and parchment, and was it a little hint of tea? He thought to himself, but whatever it was, he liked it.

"Thank you for the dance," she curtsied to him and he bowed to her, returning the gesture, "It was fun."

Their faces flushed with pink, and Aine's face was redder because of the blush Hermione had applied on her cheeks. The magical waltz on the Astronomy tower ended with both Aine and Draco satisfied, happiness washed over them, visible on their smiling faces. After months of silence, they finally reconciled. Yet, there was a lingering feeling, Aine clenched onto her dress when his hands left hers, it felt empty all of the sudden and she yearned to be held again. Draco picks up the bauble and returned it to where it was when he took it before staring at his hand, and when he turned, Aine was right behind him, looking down.

"What is it?" he questions, his tone gentle as he gazed at her furtively.

Aine's lips quivered in the shadows, what is this feeling? she asked herself. It was new and different and she never felt like this before. Every time she saw him smile, how his eyes brightened up when he looked at her, the way her heart pounded excitedly whenever he spoke to her and how she could feel her chest bubbled with joy and warmth whenever she was with him. How it ached so much when they weren't on talking terms, and how she was driving crazy every time she thought of him. 

Happiness, excitement, affection, confusion, madness, longing. 

What is this feeling?

"Aine?"

It was strange. Whenever she was with him, all these feelings and emotions would cause a range of overpowering sensations surging in her heart. Was what she felt a crush? She didn't know since she has never developed a 'crush' on someone and she wondered, what does having a 'crush' on someone mean?

"Are you alright?"

"Huh?" she shot up, his face was inches away from hers, and his eyes hold concern in them. Aine swallowed, nodding, "I'm fine, just thinking."

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked and she stares at him, scanning his features, was it his face that she was enchanted by? Or was it his layered personality and attitude towards her that she was drawn into? 

"I don't understand," she spoke, her hand clasping together over her pendant, "What is this feeling?" she asks him boldly, her daring question made him flabbergasted. 

"What feeling?" he sat her down by the stairs, taking a seat next to her.

"How my heart races so quickly when I'm with you, it's unusual..." she said, Draco falling silent as he watches her ramble on, "Do I have an illness or some sort?" Aine asked and he snickers, and she pauses, "What?"

"No, nothing! It's just. You're quite clueless, aren't you?" he smirks, and she pouted, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"These feelings..." he stated, "Why don't we find out what are they?" he suggests and her brow raised, intrigued.

"How?"

"Who knows? But we can search for them, together."

Aine hums, getting interested, "Really? You want to look for it too?"

"Mmhm. I'm curious too," he looks to his shoes, before drifting to her hands, "What do you think?"

"I like it." 

He stood up, extending a hand to her which she took, and warmness radiated to Aine's palms, "Together," she said, and he repeated the word, mirroring her smile, "Together it is."

As they descended the flight of stairs, talking about other topics like Christmas desserts, Triwizard Tournament and which champions they were rooting for, and even little small chats like getting to know one another, what their favourite colour was and what their favourite animal was. It was goofy to ask such ridiculous questions, especially since they were close, but it wouldn't hurt to ask did it?

Draco decided to walk her back to the Gryffindor common room, it was late and there were barely any students left wandering around. Even though it was Hogwarts, he didn't feel at ease until he watched her enter the dormitories. He didn't know why he was being protective of her either but all for all he knows if she got hurt he was prepared to do anything to defend her. By the time they got to the Fat Lady's portrait, the painting was narrowing her eyes at the two, mumbling some words under her breath which caused Aine to raise a questioning brow.

"Thank you for walking me back," she said to Draco who fluttered his eyes, "It is my pleasure," he kisses the back of her hand, making her blush profusely again. 

"Do head back safely yourself too, alright?" 

"I will, Aine," he promised, turning his heels, "Have a goodnight rest, love." he bids with a smile, walking off coolly.

"Goodnight, Draco!" she whisper-shouted, waving her hands in the air as he turned, chuckling at the sight of her.

"Go in!" he instructed.

"After I see you leave."

He gave her a look, walking backwards as they both share a longing gaze before he turned down a corridor, peeping at the girl who was still watching him. "Go on!"

"Alright! See you soon~"

When the portrait door slammed shut and Aine entered the common room, she exhaled, cupping her cheeks as an exhilarated smile appeared on her lips. She skips back to her room, humming a tune, while her housemates eyeing at her with confusion, wondering what made her so happy. 

What a great night, she thought to herself, glancing at her reflection on the mirror for the last time before she returns to an ordinary student. She was still smiling from ear to ear. It was today, that she felt like she was deeply in love with the whole world for letting her experience such warm and fluffy happiness.

However, her smile faded like a flick of a switch when she saw a familiar lady staring back at her in her reflection. The long raven hair that was similar to hers had a couple of grey strands mixed in flowed down her hips, and the golden pupils that were like hers stared back with a twisted grin smiling back at the girl. Then she heard it, the same voice whom she heard during the Boggart lesson. It spoke with a gentle, bone-chilling, silvery voice.

Aine... Aine...

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

Writing this chapter made me all ticklish and fluffy inside and I really enjoyed writing it! I hope you guys like this chapter as much as I do and feel free to leave some comments and upvote! Really appreciate it and thank you for that~~

- Zeneria

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

297K 8K 63
Anna Green's life was going just fine before he came along. Her friendship with the golden trio and Ginny Weasley was family-like. She loved having f...
5.6K 204 20
๐˜/๐ง ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐“๐ก๐ž๐จ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ, ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค๐ฌ. ๐–๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๏ฟฝ...
22.9K 552 36
โ˜† second story in the sequel โ˜† โ€ข go read "Blood to Love | 3rd year" if you haven't! โœฐโ˜ฝโ™ก๐‘โœฏโ˜ผ He cursed under his breath. "I don't know what to do!" "...
305K 8.7K 35
~ Year one ~ Warning: this is a journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, over and done with, I don't believe this is fo...