Flamed Out (Roy Mustang X Oc)

Av Bohannon_

An au Follows the 09 anime, with swears and heavy topics, but not too heavy. I try to be sensitive to the peo... Mer

Authors note
Chapter 1 (revised)
Chapter 2 (revised)
Chapter 3 (revised)
Chapter 4 (revised)
Chapter 5 (revised)
Chapter 6 (revised)
Chapter 7 (revised)
Chapter 9 (revised)
Chapter 10 (revised)
Chapter 11 (revised)
Chapter 12 (revised)
Chapter 13 (revised)
Chapter 14 (revised)
Chapter 15 (revised)
Chapter 16 (revised)
Chapter 17 (revised)
Chapter 18 (revised)
Chapter 19 (revised)
Chapter 20 (revised)
Chapter 21 (revised)
Chapter 22 (revised)
Chapter 23 (revised)
Chapter 24 (revised)
Chapter 25 (revised)
Chapter 26 (revised)
Chapter 27 (revised)
Chapter 28 (revised)
Chapter 29 (revised)
Chapter 30 (revised)
Chapter 31 (revised)
Chapter 32 (revised)
Chapter 33 (revised)
Chapter 34 (revised)
Chapter 35 (revised)
Chapter 36 (edited)
Chapter 37 (edited)
Chapter 38 (edited)
Chapter 39 (edited)
Chapter 40 (edited)
Chapter 41 (edited)
Chapter 42 (edited)
Chapter 43 (edited)
Chapter 44 (edited)
Chapter 45 (edited)
Chapter 46 (edited)
Chapter 47 (edited)
Chapter 48 (edited)
Chapter 49 (edited)
Chapter 50 (edited)
Chapter 51 (edited)
Chapter 52 (edited)
Chapter 53 (edited)
Chapter 54 (edited)
Chapter 55 (edited)
Chapter 56 (edited)
Chapter 57 (edited)
Chapter 58 (edited)
Chapter 59 (edited)
Chapter 60 (edited)
Chapter 61 (edited)
Chapter 62 (edited)
Chapter 63 (edited)
Chapter 64 (edited)
Chapter 65 (edited)
Chapter 66 (edited)
Chapter 67 (edited)
Chapter 68
Epiloge
Last author's note

Chapter 8 (revised)

657 16 1
Av Bohannon_

(Roy's POV)

I walked, no,

I wasn't walking, I was running, back to my office. You dumbass, you dumbass. Why would you do that!

Once I was far away enough from her office, I slowed to a walking pace. My heart was racing, I couldn't believe I'd just done that. What the hell? She was having a panic attack and you tried to-

I sighed. I can't believe Bradley demoted her. I can't believe she set the Furher's office door on fire! The door was black and burnt when I got there, and when I opened it, it fell off the hinges.

She's working with us now.

I stopped walking when I remembered that detail.

She's working with us now..

Words cannot describe the amount of panic and conflict I felt. I mean yeah I was thrilled that she'd be working with us and I'd get to see her everyday, but we hadn't worked everything out yet.

What if we fight again?..

I walked into my office, dreading having to break the news to my team. After their first interaction they were on the fence about her.

"What did the Furher want?" Havoc asked.

"He put General Devlin on our team." I looked at them.

"But, you're our commanding officer." Fuery spoke.

I rubbed my neck. "She was demoted to Major, I'm her commanding officer now."

"What?" Hawkeye spoke.

"Can he do that?" Havoc looked at me.

I shrugged. "Apparently. He's the Furher."

I pointed to the empty desk in front of Fuery's desk. "Clean that out and prepare it." He got up.

"Wait! She's really coming to work with us?" Falman looked shocked.

I stood up straight. "Yes! That's what I said."

"What did she do to get demoted?" Hawkeye looked concerned.

I sat down with a sigh. "He said that she wasn't suited for the senior staff."

"So he just demoted her!" Havoc spoke. "That's gotta be humiliating for her."

I nodded. It probably is.. "Apparently, her medical skills will benefit us."

"This is going to be an adjustment.." I said under my breath.

"Of course it's going to be!" Falman heard me. "You seem to know absolutely nothing about her! How is this a good idea?"

I shot a glare at him. He caught on and quickly shut up. "It's best not to say anything like that to me."

He nodded. "Of course sir."

(Hunter's POV)

I carried my box out of my office and walked down the hall.

My stomach dropped when I saw Major Armstrong, Ross and Brosh following him. Well, they'd find out sooner or later.

I crossed paths with them.

"Hello General Devlin." Armstrong sounded delighted.

"Hello Major, Ross, Brosh. And it's Major now." I sighed.

They looked confused.

"You were demoted? Why?" Ross sounded confused.

I shrugged. "Apparently I'm not suited for the rank of General."

"What! That's nonsense!" Armstrong hollered.

"Yep." I gripped my box, trying to stop it from slipping out of my hands. "I work under Mustang now. It's humiliating." It wasn't that big of a box but the things inside made it heavy.

"Working with Mustang is humiliating?" Brosh took the box from me.

"What?" I was out of breath from holding the heavy weight of it. "No, I mean being demoted, for virtually nothing." I started walking and Brosh followed me.

"Sorry Major, I'll send him back." I waved at Armstrong.

He waved back. "No worries Devlin! See you later."

I opened the door for Brosh, he put the small box on the empty desk. "Thank you Brosh." I dismissed him.

He smiled and left.

I turned back to the group, the air quickly turning awkward.

Roy cleared his throat. "Welcome to my unit."

"Thaaanks.." I sounded sarcastic.

Havoc turned to me. "Oh don't be so petty, you'll love working with us."

I chuckled, looking down at the empty desk. "I'm sure I will."

"That's your desk." Fuery made it clear.

I nodded before taking the few things out of my desk.

Roy laughed. "Why are you being so awkward?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."

"You're pretty stiff." Riza looked up at me. Her desk was right next to mine. Lucky I'm sitting next to her.

"Not so high and mighty now huh?" Breda smirked at me. He was right to be a little pissy with me, but why rub it in now?

"Welcome to the gang of misfits." Havoc added.

I took a breath. "Yeah, my ego was knocked down a peg." I admitted. "Sorry for being an asshole when we met." I could feel their eyes on me. "I hadn't expected to sound so condescending."

I glanced up and they looked less angry, still annoyed, but less angry. I guess they hadn't expected me to apologize.

"So.. I'd like to get along."

———

I sat hunched over the Tupperware of breakfast I had brought with me.

I was midchew when a paper cup was placed on my desk. It was slid from the edge all the way across the surface until it gently hit my wrist.

My eyes followed the hand that had put it there and I was met with Roy's face. He held his own coffee cup.

I raised a brow at him, waiting for an answer.

He shook his head nonchalantly. "Just coffee."

"Uh huh." I sipped from the cup as he walked away, he seemed delighted by the little interaction with me.

"You never get any of us coffee!" Falman pointed out and Roy froze.

I almost spat out the liquid in my mouth as laughs almost escaped my mouth. It's true, he's been nice. Too nice. It's weird.

Why's he being nice? I don't know.

"She's new."

"So she gets special treatment?" Falman continued.

"Oh come on, you know that's not why she gets special treatment." Havoc nudged Falman.

I raised an eyebrow at them. Huh?

I took another sip and laughed. "I'm surprised you didn't put salt in this." I glanced at Roy.

He chuckled. "Just being nice."

There it is again. But why though?

The group continued working on reports, I focused on the tasks I was given. But stopped when I heard Fuery mention something about Eastern HQ.

"You guys worked at Eastern HQ too?" I looked at him.

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Then how is it that we never met?" I looked at the rest of the group. "Like, all of you guys worked there?"

Havoc laughed. "Yeah, we did. I guess we worked in different branches?"

"Huh, I guess so." I found it weird that I didn't know them while I was there. Though, I didn't work there for long so, maybe that's why.

I looked at my reports, I was finished. This type of work wasn't hard but it was tedious, I didn't get much satisfaction in it. I handed them off to Riza.

I glanced at Roy's desk, it was empty. I nudged Riza catching her attention. I cocked my head at his desk.

"Bathroom." She whispered.

"Oooh. Okay." I smiled at her before standing up.

I opened the door to the men's room, finding Roy at a urinal; he didn't notice me.

I cleared my throat. "Ah, Colonel Mustang."

He shot his eyes at me. "Ah! Major Devlin! This is the men's room!"

I smirked, holding eye contact with him, knowing that it would make him even more uncomfortable. "I know sir. I just wanted permission to leave early today."

Holding eye contact with him made him even more nervous, he avoided my gaze. "You could've waited until I was done-"

"Is that a yes or no sir?"

"No!"

I frowned, keeping my spot at the door.

He sighed. "This is the men's room Inferno. Either pull one out or leave."

"Why are you embarrassed? I've seen it before." I glanced down and then back up, making sure he watched me glance down.

His face turned red and anger made his expression. "Highly unprofessional!" He finished and walked to the sinks. "I should have you written up."

My smirk only grew. "Go ahead."

He paused, looking disheartened.

"One more write up and I'm sent back North. Have me written under the command of General Armstrong while you're at it. Do me that favour." I slipped out, letting the door slam shut.

(Roy's POV)

I flinched as the door slammed. Sighing at how horrible that went. Shes just looking for an excuse to leave again.

I walked back to the office and paused at the doorway. There she sat at her desk doing whatever paper she had to do.

My watch read 1 pm. Most of the day has gone by... I guess it would be alright if she left.

I walked up to her desk, her piercing and intimidating eyes catching me off guard. Did she always look this scary?

"What Colonel?" She sneered.

I breathed slowly, trying very very hard not to get annoyed with her. "Fine. Go home."

Her face lightened up and her eyes softened, slightly shocked what I was saying. For a moment I saw the same girl I knew and my heart melted.

Clearing my throat, I walked back to my desk and sat. I looked up but she still sat her desk. "Aren't you leaving?"

She looked at me. "Oh. No. I just wanted to see if you'd let me go."

I sighed.

"What? You'd just let her? In the middle of the day?" Havoc looked at me.

"She gets the day off because I actually like her." I smirked at me.

Havoc cocked his head back. "Oh she's the favourite? I thought I was!"

I smiled with amusement. It was fun watching Havoc get worked up. I looked at Hunter's desk but it was empty.

I thought she wasn't leaving?

"I sent her to deliver reports to Sheska." Hawkeye spoke, like she knew exactly what I thinking.

(Hunter's POV)

It took a while but I finally found the right branch. I walked up to the desk. "Are you miss Sheska?"

She turned to me. "Oh yes."

"I was told to hand these to you. Colonel Mustang's orders." I handed her the reports.

"Thank you. I'll get on them."

I smiled before walking away.

"You're the lady who was transferred from Briggs right?"

I stopped and sighed at her question; I turned around. "Yes, I am."

"Oh! So you're Lady Inferno?"

I was baffled at that dumb nickname. But instead of being rude, I smiled. "Yes, I suppose that's me."

Her eyes gleamed. "I've read so much about you!"

"You have?.." I wanted to get out of here.

"Yes! I've read all about yours and the Colonels work in Ishval! The hero and reaper of Ishval. Oh! And they call you the blue flame too!" And she just kept going and going and going. "You were friends with Hughes right?"

I snapped back to reality at the sound of his name. "Yes, I was. Did you know him?"

"Uh yes, he gave me this job." She looked sad.

That sounds like him.

I smiled. "Well, it was lovely meeting you. Major Devlin, by the way."

"Nice to meet you Major."

But I was already on my way. I didn't want to exchange pleasantries anymore. That woman just left a bad mark with me.

It occurred to me that I hadn't really thought about Maes since I got here. It was just easier that way. To avoid it.

I hadn't seen Gracia since the funeral. They had been kind enough to let me stay with them, and now I ignore them. It's just easier. The guilt is too great.

I looked up and found Riza and Roy walking in the same direction. I picked up my pace to catch up with them but then..

"We can't let the Elrics know that Hughes was murdered." Roy spoke.

My pace slowed and my blood ran cold. Murdered?

"They'll blame themselves if they find out he was killed helping them." He hummed. "I always got on Armstrong's case for being soft. I guess I'm just as soft as him."

"I don't think there's anything soft about what you're doing sir." Riza spoke.

I caught up to them. "He was murdered...?" My heart broke hearing that.

They both turned around and Roy's expression dropped when we made eye contact. He walked towards me, knowing that he fucked up bad. "Devlin." He held his arms out.

I stopped him. "He was murdered, and you didn't think to tell me?" I could feel my face heat up with emotion.

"Colonel." Riza walked up behind him, knowing that it wouldn't be a good idea to try standing close to me.

He was at a loss for words, as if he didn't know how to handle the situation. "You.. didn't know?.."

I pushed him away. "No! I didn't know!" I stepped back. "Did it occur to that maybe, just maybe, I'd like to know this bit of information?"

He didn't have anything to say.

I scoffed. "Of course." I looked at Riza. "You too Riri?"

I shook my head, walking back to the office.

"Devlin!" Riza called after me, but I kept walking.

I composed myself before walking into the office. I didn't want people asking me what was wrong. I walked in and sat down. Though they probably caught on because of how my bad mood was radiating off me.

Roy and Riza walked into the office a few minutes after me.

I laughed. "Maybe I should've just taken that day off after all."

Roy sighed very loudly at my comment.

They didn't bother trying to explain to me. They knew I wouldn't listen anyways.

Havoc walked by and placed a cookie on my desk. I smiled at the gesture.

He sat at the edge of my desk. "Feel better now?"

"Eh."

"Oh!" He grabbed my wrist. He compared the size of my hand with his. "Look at our hands."

I eyed him. "Hahaha yeah..." Is this how he flirts?

Or, TRIES to flirt. Ha, I'm not impressed.

"Someone's angry." Riza whispered into my ear. I glanced at Roy and he was in fact, staring at us. Well, not at me, more at Havoc. He had this dark aura around him and his eye? His eyes had murder in them.

Why so mad??

I took my hand away. "Please get off my desk."

"Oh." He got up and went back to his desk.

It was dark by the time I left Central command. I walked alone and I could hear someone following me. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest.

Part of me worried it was General Raven again.

I reached into my coat and pulled out the gun in my holster. I stood with the muzzle pointed at the person following me.

"Lower your weapon!" Roy stood with his hands up.

"Mustang?" Though, I was relieved it was only him.

"Are you trying to kill me?" He walked closer. "You don't have to address me as Mustang when we're out of work."

"Mmhmm." I reholstered my gun.

"Why'd you pull a gun?" He gestured to me. "You have your gloves on, why would you pick the gun?"

Huh? I hadn't thought of that. My first instinct was to pull my gun, not to use alchemy.

I shrugged. "Something I picked up in Briggs." I stared at him. "Why are you following me?"

"I wanted to explain." He started following me again.

I stayed silent and listened.

"I thought you knew."

I glanced at him. "Well obviously I didn't."

"I know you hate when people don't tell you things. I never wanted to do that to you." He sounded genuine.

I glanced at the ground. I knew he wouldn't do that, yet I was so quick to jump to the conclusion that he avoided telling me.

I started walking. "Walk me home."

He quickly ran after me. He walked me to my door and watched as I unlocked it.

"Well... goodnight." He started down the steps.

I watched him get further away. Something inside me didn't want him to go, not yet anyways.

"Mustang."

He stopped and turned around. "Roy."

I rolled my eyes. "Roy."

"Yes?"

"Want to come in?"

———————————————————————————————————————————————————Bohannon

I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist or any of its characters

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

49.6K 1.5K 18
Roy Mustang is getting married to another person, which breaks Riza Hawkeye's heart. What will happen between the Colonel and his subordinate?
234K 8.2K 93
Of love I will scream, echoing eternally. No one knows you more than I. Like two planets we collide But at last we found a light to guide us Never wa...
160K 5.4K 29
From the moment you were born, you were loved unconditionally. Your mother - the one who loved you and stood by you since day one. Your father - a st...
11.3K 204 24
˜"*°• An unfortunate encounter with the Homonculi left Luna shattered, her time in their fortress could never be forgotten, they were the ones who ha...