Moose and Goose

Por CrazyKatiexox

Moose and Goose (2021) follows the befallen tragedies of Judith Jefferson, a melancholic yet altruistic ninet... Más

Copyright, Disclaimer, Covers, and Main Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-one
Chapter Sixty-two
Chapter Sixty-three
Chapter Sixty-four
Chapter Sixty-five
Chapter Sixty-six
Chapter Sixty-seven
Chapter Sixty-eight
Chapter Sixty-nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-one
Chapter Seventy-two
Chapter Seventy-three
Chapter Seventy-four
Chapter Seventy-five
Chapter Seventy-six
Chapter Seventy-seven
Chapter Seventy-eight
Chapter Seventy-nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-one
Chapter Eighty-two
Chapter Eighty-three
Chapter Eighty-four
Chapter Eighty-five
Chapter Eighty-six
Chapter Eighty-seven
Chapter Eighty-eight
Chapter Eighty-nine
Chapter Ninety - Epilogue

Chapter Six

57 22 7
Por CrazyKatiexox

The group is riding in the camper with Mary seated next to Judith; La'Shawna and Kacey across from them. Anthony and William are playing cards on the bottom bunk between the wall separating the table from the beds and the bathroom.

"I know this is your first day, so I'll cut you some slack this once. In my group, I expect everyone to not only fall in line but show respect to each other," she explains, then turns her head to Kacey who does the same. "Kassandra, I understand your frustration, but calling her simple was not only uncalled for but childish. Apologize."

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before returning her attention to Mary who's now looking at her.

"I'm so very sorry for calling you out of your name, Mary. Could you ever see it in your heart to forgive me," Kacey sarcastically asks.

"Yeah, I guess it's, like, fine," she mumbles to her. Judith glances at Mary then La'Shawna.

"Monday morning, we're doing a few trust exercises," La'Shawna announces. "If we're gonna be an outreach program with a mission to spread love and peace, then we'll have to start within our group."

"Excuse me," Kacey says under her breath, her face filled with sorrow. Her leader slides out of the booth with her close behind, then she returns to her seat when Kacey walks to the bathroom.

"Thank you for helping me," Mary tells them, alternating her gaze between the two women. Judith has her attention on the bathroom door, but when she hears Mary speak, she glances at her.

"It's no problem. I consider myself the older sister of the group so if there's ever an issue, feel free to let me know so we can keep this a safe place." Mary nods her head. La'Shawna slides out of the booth then walks to the front of the camper.

Mary takes a deep breath then turns her head to her distracted friend.

"Judy," she calls for her, then smiles when their eyes meet. "Thanks for sticking up for me back there."

"It's whatever." Judith looks over her shoulder again to stare at the bathroom door.

"Penny for your thoughts?" She returns her attention to Mary. Forcing a smile, she shakes her head. "Okay, well, do you want to hang out with me later? I have a lecture that I'll need to be in as soon as we reach the campus, so you can, like, chill in my dorm room until I'm done."

"I would rather not," Judith says and she watches her furrow her brows with confusion. "I'm still mad at you for what you said earlier?"

"What'd I say," she asks with a scoff. Kacey thrusts the door open, her face flushed and moistened by her tears.

"You compared my grief to your dead dog," she reminds her and Mary rolls her eyes, then folds her arms. "You can be as pissed as you want to be, but that's not the same thing; you can buy another dog, but I can't buy another sister."

"That could be arranged," she mumbles, staring at the exit door. Kacey approaches their table and her eyes light up along with Judith's at Mary's comment.

"What'd you just say," Judy asks with a peeved tone.

"It was a joke, Judy," she tells her in a louder voice. "God, you're so sensitive today. I'm sorry about your sister and I'm sorry for making a joke to lighten the mood. Can we please not fight right now? I'm dealing with a lot too."

Kacey and Judith lock eyes. Her eyes warn her not to accept the apology, but with a sigh, she turns to Mary and says with a forced smile, "It's fine. Yeah, we can hang out in your dorm."

"Thank you!" Mary throws her arms around her for a hug. Kacey rolls her eyes, shakes her head then proceeds to walk toward the front of the caravan.

Judy's face relaxes once out of Mary's line of sight and she watches Kacey depart from hers.

***

Side by side, Mary and Judith stroll through the cobblestone building of Zeta Kappa Delta with their bags slung over their shoulders. Other blondes and brunettes pass them in the main entrance, some heading upstairs and others strolling towards the living room to their left.

Mary guides her up the flight of mahogany stairs to their right and Judy glances behind them at the chattering women in the living room.

"My room is just down the hall to the left," she tells her as they continue down the floor. Each door is open but only a few are inhabited. They stop at the only closed door and Judy notices the necktie around the knob. "I don't have time to change. I should've done it before we left. Could you put my bag away for me?"

"Uh, sure thing." She drops her luggage into Judith's arms. "How long is your lecture?"

"It's supposed to be an hour but sometimes my professor eats a sandwich before our class starts and with his cheese intolerance, it's always shortened to half an hour," she informs her with an annoyed huff. "I'll see you later."

Judith watches her walk away and when she reaches the stairs, she turns her head to the door in front of her. She holds the baggage under her left arm, then turns the marble knob in her right hand.

The door creaks open but the panicked voices behind it are louder. Her eyes widen at the sight of a pale, shirtless man with a blanket over his bottom half. He draws his toned body off of the woman underneath him.

"Who are you," she yells, tugging at the comforter to shield her exposed chest. Their ivy green eyes are locked on her.

"Close the door," he also shouts with narrowed eyes. Hurriedly, she drops the duffle bag and her backpack against the wall to the right of the arch.

"I'm so sorry," she rushes the words from her mouth and quickly pulls the doors shut, inevitably slamming it. With the knob in hand, she takes a deep breath to calm her nerves, then returns to the first floor.

"I'll just go take a walk around campus," she mumbles to herself. Judith exits the sorority and the short breeze caresses her face, eliciting a smile.

She continues down the path and makes her way to the activity center next to the main building. A group of towheads is handing out flyers and buttons for a campus presidential campaign, but when Judy approaches their stand, the leader stares at her with contempt in her baby blues.

"What're you doing," she asks, looking at Judy from her afro to her dolphin shorts.

"I was planning on supporting your campaign but something tells me that you don't want my help." She glances at her friends, then at Judith.

"Why don't you and Godzilla walk away before you drive away votes that actually matter." She fans her away, then quickly smiles at a balding man in a grey plaid blazer on Judith's right.

With knitted brows, she turns around and flinches when she notices Jerome towering over her. He's wearing a grey university sweatshirt and matching sweatpants.

"God, you're – you're gonna spring up on someone and give them a heart attack." He chuckles at her remark. She walks past him and he follows behind her.

"I'm sorry," he tells her. "I didn't recognize you, but I was intrigued and decided I should come and introduce myself."

"You were intrigued by a girl who you couldn't recognize out of a sea of other people?" She narrows her eyes at him, a slight smile appearing on her face. She stops walking, then stands in front of him. "So where were you seated when you saw me?"

"Over there with the guys." With his head, he signals to a tall table toward the right side of the building. She meets the gaze of the three guys from the bus stop, but her eyes lock on Manuel's, and her smile gradually fades.

"I should go," she mumbles then turns away from him, but before she can take a step he takes her left hand in his right.

"Wait." She veers her head to look at his hand, then his eyes. "I wanted to apologize for earlier."

"What're you apologizing for," she asks him and he returns his arm to his side. She faces him.

"Well, the guys were making jokes at the bus stop and I don't know if you have thick skin or not, so I'm sorry for them if they hurt your feelings." She silently stares at him with her eyes narrowed and when she opens her mouth to admit that she's vexed, a familiar voice interrupts her.

"Judy," David calls for her. She glances over her shoulder and when she spots him at the exit, she heaves a sigh.

"Who's that," Jerome asks with his eyes on the lanky man approaching them. He's wearing dark jeans and a crimson red turtleneck.

"That's my boyfriend," she answers while shaking her head. "My mom played matchmaker before we enrolled here."

"I would ask how long you've had that problem," he says, referring to David. "But you answered that question." He chuckles and she lets out a weak laugh. David stands to her right and he looks Jerome from head to toe, tossing his left arm around Judith.

"Jude, who's this," he asks her.

"She and her friend game with me at the seven eleven down the road," he answers before she can.

"Really? How often," David questions. He lowers his arm and Judith can feel her stomach drop when she remembers the promise that she broke; she was supposed to eat with him during their break.

"It was just that once. Mary and I went to get hotdogs and we lost track of time," she quickly speaks. Jerome pulls his lips into a straight line, then slowly backs away from them.

"I'll see you around, Judy," he tells her. When she nods her head, he returns to his table of friends.

"I'm sorry I didn't eat with you, Davie. I was so caught up in everything that I forgot. Please forgive me?" She flashes her doe eyes at him and he shakes his head.

"Are you falling out of love with me," he asks her in a lower voice, folding his arms.

"No, of course not!" He stands in front of her where Jerome was, his arms crossed over his chest. "I would tell you if I ever did. Okay?"

"You promise?" He raises his eyebrows and tilts his head slightly to show his seriousness.

"Yes, I promise," she assures him and he takes a deep breath. He glances at the exit just as Mary enters. "You mean a lot to me and I wouldn't waste your time or hurt your feelings by lying about mine."

"I believe you, but we'll discuss this more later," he says with his attention on Mary. She's standing at the campaign table, staring at the two of them. "Don't look now, but I think someone's watching us."

Judith follows his gaze after a few seconds of silently staring at each other, then she shakes her head. "That's the girl that Jerome was talking about. Her name is Mary."

When she fans her over, Mary rushes to her side with a wide grin that Judy's never seen on her before. David tightens his grip around her, licking his lips with his head lowered.

"Who's got you smiling," Judy asks her once she reaches her right.

"Derek Oliver. You probably don't know him but he's the hottest guy in the mechanics building," Mary answers, then emits a lovelorn sigh as her eyes briefly land on David. "He invited me to a party tonight and you have to come with."

"I don't know who that is and parties aren't my thing. Besides, my boyfriend and I have plans for tonight." David looks at Judith, and Mary's eyes light up.

"Boyfriend," she repeats, glancing at David who does the same. "When did this happen and why wasn't I informed? Who is he? Is it that tall guy with the dreads? You know, the one we played Space Jungle with?"

"I'm going to my dorm," he softly informs them, lowering his arms and shaking his head in disbelief. "Have fun at the party, Judith."

"David," she sorrowfully calls for him when he removes himself from the conversation. He strolls toward the double doors and she turns to Mary who's watching him leave. "That was my boyfriend; not Jerome."

"Really," she asks sarcastically, then meets Judith's gaze. "Well, that's unfortunate. I honestly think Jerome is much better arm candy."

"Stop. I'm with David and I love him, and Jerome probably has a girlfriend too," she asserts. The ends of Mary's mouth twitch and she clears her throat to stop it. "Back to this party situation. When did you get an invite? I thought you were in class."

"Oh, my Professor ate a slice of pecan pie from the culinary class so the lecture is canceled for the rest of the day since he's at the hospital," she informs her, and Judith's eyes briefly widen. "I'm convinced that he's trying to kill himself before the semester is over." Judith licks, then bites her lips as she lowers her gaze. "Anyway, I was walking to my dorm room and this blond-haired and blue-eyed hunk runs up to me from behind. He walked me to my dorm and on the way there we talked, then when he got me to my door, he asked me to come to the party at Alpha Psi Delta. I said that I would bring my drop-dead gorgeous friend so if you don't want me to seem like a liar, then you have to come."

The corners of Judith's lips curl into a smile despite her futile attempts to avoid it. With a playful eye roll, she looks at her and says, "Alright, I'll go."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

747K 21K 39
Three kids, a fat baby, and a dog. That's what her mother left her. Kaliya Jefferson's mother has passed, and it seems her whole world has turned ups...
Beneath It All Por mali

Novela Juvenil

22.8K 1.7K 110
And then he stopped. Shane leaned his forehead against mine, breathing heavily, our eyes still closed, and he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear...
191K 9.9K 62
**Highest Ranks**: #1 in BodyPositive #40 in ChickLit "Beauty has no weight limit." Standing at a height of 5'9 and weighing 220lbs, Lennon Jennings...
Red Cave Por Macabre

Ficción histórica

158 27 7
"I don't wanna go back to..." In December of nineteen seventy-eight, around Christmas, eighteen-year-old Judith Jefferson attempted suicide. Her pa...