Aunt Rose

naerysa által

Lily Evans, a very important figure from the first wizard of war, mother of the chosen one, Harry Potter. Tra... Több

C A S T
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.

26.

836 37 0
naerysa által

Lily and Rose hardly slept the first night. They didn't eat or drink, didn't even get out of bed.

Rose's hair changed from blue to ginger.

Marlene and James returned to their aid and helped them at least take care of themselves before having to go back to school.

On the second day without their parents, Petunia stopped by the house. The arrival of their sister forced the twins to at least stand up and see her.

She had obviously been crying, her eyes were red and puffy. It cut deeper into Rose that Petunia didn't hug her, hardly even looked at her. Even through the death of their parents, Petunia couldn't put her own biases aside.

The three girls were forced to spend the day calling different places to plan the funeral. Thankfully, their parents had a full will written out that detailed funeral and inheritance proceedings.

Petunia stayed the night in her old room. As the girls were still struggling to comprehend the death. Marlene and James reappeared, being careful to stay out of Petunia's way.

The funeral was one of the hardest things any of the girls had to show up to. They had to see their parents buried, say goodbye one last time. It physically ripped Rose's heart into a million pieces when she watched the coffins go into the ground.

After the funeral, the crying finally began.

Rose walked inside the house and placed her jacket down. And for some reason, she felt called to her parent's room.

For the first time since they died, Rose opened the door slowly. She walked in and closed it behind her, taking a deep breath before she faced it.

The sight nearly made her drop to her knees.

Anne's jewelry was still sitting out on the dresser, her father's pyjama drawer open.

All of it welled up inside Rose and in an irrational fit of anger, she ripped the clothes out of the closet and threw a vase. She was seething, her bottled-up emotions coming out in one burst.

And when she was finished and looked at the destruction around her, Rose sunk to the floor, letting all of her tears out for the first time.

She cried and she cried, the salty tears mixing with the snot from her nose as she wailed. She was too young, she still needed her parents.

They didn't deserve to die, not that way. Not at a festival for god's sake.

That night when Marlene and James stopped by, Marlene looked at Rose like she never had before. "Oh Rose," she said simply, pulling her girlfriend into a hug.

"Why did it have to be them?" Rose choked out, burying her face into Marlene's shoulder, the first words she had said to the girl in days.

"It shouldn't have been. It's not fair that it was. But they loved you, both of you. And even I could tell they were proud. Come on, why don't you go to your room," Marlene offered, returning the hug and pulling Rose up and off of the floor.

Rose was grateful for Marlene, for all that she had done for her. It was a struggle to even function but Marlene was there. She didn't complain or whine, she simply helped.

And as the weeks went by, both Rose and Lily slowly began functioning on their own. The tears were reserved for small moments throughout the day, Marlene and James came less often, as coming every day wasn't sustainable.

It was months before the girls felt even slightly okay. The two partners didn't tell them anything of what happened at school but Rose knew that quidditch was gone.

Every night, Marlene would send a vibration with the ring. It was all Rose could do to send one back, letting Marlene know she was okay.

And four months later, with only three weeks left in the term, the twins agreed that they would try and go back to school, just for the sake of it.

But through the whole four months, Rose's hair hadn't changed at all. She had even attempted to turn it lavender but the colour remained the same. Rose thought she was losing the magic altogether.

They sent an owl to the headmaster asking if they could come back to school and take their N.E.W.T. examinations, that they were ready.

Almost immediately they received a reply, welcoming them to return to school whenever they liked. Though he would ask that they come to see him first.

So on a Friday, the two girls got back into their school uniform for the first time in months. Together, they walked out of the empty Evans residence, held hands, and apparated into Hogsmeade.

They wobbled when they appeared but even the familiar smell caused warmth to pool in Rose's stomach. She smiled and looked at the small village.

And as they walked to the castle, it felt good. A place where they fit in, where they were cared about. Their friends were there for them, it was a place that made them feel safe.

Fortunately, the girls arrive at the castle while the last classes of the day were being f conducted. They walked to Dumbledore's office and used the coded message in the letter for the password. It was chocolate frog.

Dumbledore was sitting in the same spot he was when he told them that their parents had died. It made Rose nervous, her palms began swearing as she sat.

"Lovely to see you again, ladies. How are you both?" the headmaster asked the girls with a kind smile.

"We're okay. Getting there," Rose replied for both of them.

"I assure you there's no hurry to come back. Your N.E.W.T. examinations can be scrubbed if you two aren't ready. Your academic history is a clear insight to your capabilities," Dumbledore assured the two that they didn't need to come back if they were worried about their grades.

"We're ready. Hogwarts has always felt like a home to us, headmaster. And I think we need that right now," Lily said softly. With that, the wizard nodded.

"Then I'll be quick, I'm sure your friends will be delighted to see you. When I informed your... friends," Dumbledore said knowingly, "about the tragedy, I also asked them something else, something I'd like to ask the both of you."

Rose and Lily looked at each other with confusion before facing the headmaster once again.

"As you know, Voldemort is rising. He's gaining power built on a belief of hatred. His hatred toward those who share your blood. I believe he must be stopped, he reigns with fear and violence. And I'm afraid if left alone, he will only grow stronger, his tactics will become unspeakable," Dumbledore explained. This, the twins knew. They were keenly aware of this dark wizard.

"And I'm sure Mr. Potter has made you aware of his parent's activities?" Dumbledore questioned rhetorically. Now both of the twins were worried. How did he know that?

"Well, they aren't sneaking off. They're part of the Order of the Phoenix," Dumbledore revealed. Rose and Lily had no idea what that meant, they might have been more confused than before.

"The Order, as we call it, is an underground society that I founded. Its purpose is to rally willing wizards and allies to help stop Voldemort. Gather information on him and his movements, find a way to defeat him," Dumbledore continued, not stopping to let the girls process the information.

"The reason I'm telling you this is because I trust you. And I believe that you both are courageous, that you want to help. And if he wins, that would have tragic effects for both of you. He cannot win." the headmaster stated sharply.

"I cannot ask you outright to join, you both are still in school. But after, when you've graduated, I want to make it clear you have options to help. We always need more members in the fight and both of you have great skills," he said. Dumbeldore had barely finished speaking before the girls responded.

"We'll do it," they said at the same time.

Maybe it was one of the stages of grief, the revenge. Maybe it was because they were young or wanted to protect other muggle-borns. But they knew they wanted to help.

Dumbledore smiled.

"Your vigour inspires me but again, I cannot have you officially join until you have graduated. All of your friends have been told this and I'm sure they have been preparing themselves though they have been told not to. And they will fill you in on the rest. But let me say once more, hope is not lost. It never will be when we work together," the headmaster said fiercely.

The newly inspired twins nodded and when dismissed, headed straight for their old common room.

In their new determination, they hadn't realized that they didn't know the common room password. When they arrived, they opened their mouths, then closed them.

But someone from behind them gasped. "Rose and Lily! Oh my god! How are you two!" Mary said, hugging them both.

"We're good. Happy to be back," Lily said with a smile to the girl. She nodded and then said the password to the Fat Lady.

Mary led them into the common room. "Hey, shit heads. Look who I found," Mary said loudly.

By the fireplace, all six of Lily and Rose's friends sat. They looked tired but good.

All of the teenagers turned their heads to look. Every single face lit up. Alice was the first one up. Her smile made Rose feel the happiness that radiated off of the girl.

She pulled both of the twins into a hug. "Merlin, I missed you both. I didn't think you'd be back yet!" She said happily, looking between the identical faces.

"Well, we couldn't stay away forever," Lily said as Alice went back in for another hug.

Next was the respective significant others. Marlene came and hugged Rose, James hugged Lily.

"Why are you back so soon?" Marlene questioned, looking Rose in the eye. She was worried.

"Well, it's not exactly soon, Mar. Four months is a long time. Besides, we needed to come back. Needed to be here," Rose assured, kissing Marlene quickly.

"Alright, alright. Let me get in there," Sirius said sarcastically, pushing Marlene aside as he hugged Rose and Lily. "Glad to have you two back. You two are the only thing that keeps Marlene and Prongs sane. Seriously," Sirius joked as James punched his shoulder.

"I'm glad you two are back," Remus said kindly, giving both of his friends a sincere hug.

Peter was last, quickly hugging both of the girls as they tried to sit in the common area.

"Uh-Uh. I got something to show you. Plus, we gotta catch up," Marlene said to Rose, grabbing the end of her sleeve as she pulled the girl out of the common room.

"Marlene, where are you taking me?" Rose complained, already being taken about the castle the minute she was back.

"Relax, granny. I'm showing you something. Just keep up," Marlene said vaguely, already back to her sarcastic self.

Marlene took Rose up the stairs of the castle until they reached the fourth floor. She walked down the hallway until she specifically found the painting she was looking for.

She pulled the painting back to reveal a very large, dimly lit passageway. Marlene pulled Rose inside and shut the door.

"Mar, can you just tell me—" Rose began to complain further but Marlene was already speaking.

"Dumbeldore told us about the order while you were gone. The order—"

"I know about the Order. He told Lily and me about it. We told him we'd join," Rose cut Marlene off, giving her a bored look.

"Fine, then. But while you were gone, we didn't study. Well, not for classes. We've been preparing. Remus has a list of curses and jinxes we've been practicing to get a start. But Dumbledore specifically asked us to practice the Patronus charm," Marlene revealed, looking excited.

"The Patronus charm? Isn't that the one for dementors? At Azkaban? Why would we be fighting them?" Rose asked, confused as to why they would need that charm in their bank.

"Not for the dementors, the charm is to communicate he said. He hasn't told us exactly how to do that yet but we've been practicing. You need a corporeal Patronus, an animal of some kind. Look," Marlene said excitedly. She closed her eyes and took a couple of quick breaths.

Finally, she opened her eyes and with intensity, said "Expecto Patronum!"

Bright, silvery light shot out from the end of her wand. It swirled around the room for a moment before taking form.

Rose laughed in awe as a giant panda took form. Its large paws launched it forward as it ran around the two girls. The features of a panda could be made out of the translucent creature.

Eventually, it fizzled out and Rose was amazed. "I know it's not the most vicious animal but I like him. He likes food and likes to sleep, like me. So I think it fits," Marlene said with a sense of pride.

"Mar, that's amazing! From what I've read, you have to focus on a happy memory?" Rose questioned her girlfriend. Marlene smiled.

"Coming to me for help?" Rose rolled her eyes. "Alright, alright, yes. Think of a happy memory, the happiest you can," Marlene explained.

Rose wracked her brain for happy memories. It was difficult either the tragedy that occurred only months ago but she tried one. One of her, Lily, and Severus.

"Expecto Patronum!" Rose yelled. Silver wisps came from the end of her wand and flew forward but no animal was formed. She looked at it with disappointment.

Marlene encouraged her to try a few more times but nothing happened. "Try a different memory," she suggested.

Rose agreed. Maybe Snape was poisoning the happiness of that memory.

So she decided to try and remember another time. When she had been so incredibly happy that nothing in the world would have ever changed that.

She came to the night Marlene said she loved her. That feeling in her chest, the butterflies, the happiness. Rose thought nothing in the world could take that from her.

With that memory in mind, Rose tried again. She put every feeling from that night into her mind and pushed it out through her wand, Marlene did it with her, to encourage her. "Expecto Patronum!"

Silver light shot out of her wand but this time, it was brighter. The light twisted and to Rose's delight, materialized into a red panda.

She smiled as she watched the small animal come to life, hardly larger than a house cat. But the small creature still became conscious and when it saw Marlene's Patronus, it chased it.

The panda's chased each other around the small room, making both girls laugh as they watched the animals. It was like they were meant to be.

On the way back to the common room, Marlene explained everyone else's Patronus. Sirius had a dog, Remus a wolf, James a stag, and Alice a fluffy bunny. Peter hadn't managed to make a corporeal animal yet.

Rose didn't say it aloud, but the Patronus's we're remarkably similar to the Animagi form each boy took on.

When Rose and Marlene reached the common room, Sirius was the only one left.

"What were you two doing? Actually, maybe I don't want to know," he said with a smirk.

Rose hit him. "Oh shut it, you dog. Besides, Marlene showed me how to produce a Patronus and I accomplished it, thank you very much," Rose said in defence, slipping onto a chair.

***

James and Lily came back half an hour later, smiling. Lily went up to bed and Rose was about to join her but James seemed to be very happy about something.

"What's got you all happy?" Rose questioned, looking at the boy strangely.

"Her Patronus was a doe,"

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

18.6K 565 21
[Book 1] The book is about 11 year old Anna Potter, who receives a letter saying that she is invited to attend Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wiz...
955 31 45
Annabelle Malfoy, was in love with James Potter. After being on a 'mission' to collect information about the gryffindors, her mother decides to marry...
11K 211 18
It was a classic love story between Lily Evans and James Potter. They met, eventually fell in love, got married and came to have two beautiful little...
120K 2.8K 128
⚠️ warning⚠️ -may have bad language -⚠️Also, if you are triggered by such topics as anxiety, underage/ teen drinking/ Alcohol, depression or ptsd I...