To be young and in love (Xiao...

De popcorneater83

a modern genshin college au lol Cover art cr: yeetoldy (Twitter) Mais

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3 (part 1)
chapter 3 (part 2)
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7

chapter 6

1.8K 77 146
De popcorneater83

"XIAO YOU DUMBASS," Hu Tao runs over in a storming rage to Xiao, who was resting peacefully on a bench before class. He got startled by the sudden yelling of his name and darted his head around to find the source.

Xiao's eyes widened, he didn't understand why Hu Tao was so upset at this hour, "Why are you-"

He gets cut off by Hu Tao pulling on his cheeks, "YOU DUMBASS YOU KISSED VENTI ON STREAM AND NOW HIS MANAGER IS ON HIS ASS ABOUT IT, AND YOU MADE HIM SAD,"

"What the hell, how do you know about his manager," Xiao tried to speak although his cheeks were being stretched.

"Because I told her," Kazuha appears from behind Hu Tao, seemingly from nowhere.

"What the hell is going on," Xiao grabs Hu Tao's wrists to stop her from pulling on him anymore.

Kazuha sighs, "You kissed Venti on stream and people started clipping it, and I presume that Venti's manager got a hold of it. She called him this morning chewing him out about it, but he didn't seem to care about it too much,"

"But Hu Tao said he was sad?"

"He was sad that you said you didn't like the kiss, he said to me, 'If Xiao didn't like the kiss then why did he pull me in first and why did he grab my waist'. It just made him self conscious, and he started overthinking,"

Hu Tao frantically waves her arms around, trying to push him but still stuck in his grip, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KISSED HIM AND LIED TO HIM LIKE THAT,"

"Venti was even more confused because you gave him your hoodie too," Kazuha adds.

Hu Tao struggles more, "WHAT THE HELL THATS LIKE COUPLES 101, ARE YOU DUMB?"

"Alright, alright, I get it, I fucked up, but what would you do in that situation?"

"UM, I WOULD TELL THEM HOW I FEEL, AND I WOULD TELL THEM THE TRUTH,"

Xiao lowers Hu Tao's wrists and his head "I can't do that,"

"Are you too afraid of rejection? If so there's nothing you need to worry about, Venti has told me everything," Kazuha reassures him.

"I just don't know what to do," Xiao looks down at the floor in shame.

"We could help you Xiao," Hu Tao offers.

Xiao shrugs, "I guess,"

Kazuha chuckles a mischievous chuckle, "I don't know, but if you don't make a move soon, I think I'll have to intervene,"

"What are you talking about?" Xiao squints his eyes.

"Oh what great timing, Venti's coming over now," Hu Tao smirks.

Xiao's eyes widened, he couldn't understand what Kazuha ment. Venti skips over to them and latches on to Kazuha's arm, "Good morning, Hu Tao," Venti turns and smiles at Xiao, "And good morning to you too, Xiao,"

Venti shakes Kazuha's arm, "Come on, Kazuha, let's go already,"

Xiao looks them up and down, his stomach dropped, his jealousy getting stronger, and the envy in his eyes becoming more evident.

"Alright, one moment," Kazuha walks up to Xiao and whispers in his ear, "Jealous yet?"

Xiao clenches his teeth and grabs the collar of Kazuha's shirt, "You little bitch," he hisses.

Kazuha chuckles, "Now, now, not in front of him," Kazuha gestures to Venti, who is talking to Hu Tao.

Xiao let's go of his collar, but shoots him a death glare, "Was this what you were talking about,"

Kazuha smirks, "Perhaps,"

Venti comes up behind Kazuha and shakes his shoulders, "Come on, Kazuhaaaaa, I'm hungryyyyy,"

"Alright, alright," Kazuha holds out his arm for Venti to take, "Shall we,"

Venti giggles and takes his arm, "We shall,"

Xiao clenches his fists watching them walk away, he just stood there, he couldn't do anything and it was unbearable.

"Aww, don't worry Xiao, I think he's just doing that on purpose," Hu Tao attempts to comfort him.

"He is and I know that for a fact,"

Hu Tao sighs, "Xiao, I don't know what's holding you back, but I suggest you make a move on Venti before it's too late,"

Worry starts to wash over Xiao, all though he wouldn't admit it, he really liked Venti. He couldn't bear the thought of someone else with him.

"Look, we can invite him to a get together or party or something that can get you some alone time with Venti, and I'll make sure that whoever else comes will be in on it. I know that getting a bunch of people will make it less awkward,"

Xiao sighs, "Fine,"

"Yay!" Hu Tao throws herself on Xiao.

"Hu Tao... I really like Venti... I don't know what to do if he ends up with someone else, thank you for helping me," Xiao says quietly.

Hu Tao giggles, "Of course, what are besties for? I see how happy you are with him, and it makes me happy seeing you happier than ever,"

Xiao returns the hug, "Thank you so much,"

Hu Tao pulls away and smiles, "Now that's enough sappy, what should we do about the get together?" Hu Tao pauses for a second, "Oh I know, we should ask Chongyun and Xingqiu about this after school, you better be on discord tonight,"

Xiao nods.

"Alright," Hu Tao checks her phone, "and I think we should go to class already,"

"Yeah," Xiao nods and they both head over to their first class.

~

It's the afternoon, the sun is just barely peeking it's way through the blinds of Xiao's bedroom. Xiao is sitting at his desk, plugging in his headset and joining the discord call that Hu Tao, Chongyun, and Xingqiu were in.

Chongyun and Xingqiu were good online friends of Hu Tao and Xiao, they had a good grasp on love, too, considering that they're dating, so Hu Tao picked the perfect people to talk to about this.

"Hello?" Xiao spoke into his mic.

"Hi Xiao, so we heard about this boy that you're after," Xingqiu smugly starts.

"And honestly it's pretty funny," Chongyun adds.

Xiao groans in exasperation, "Ugh shut up,"

Hu Tao giggles, "Alright since he's here now, what's some of the ideas you guys had,"

"Oh yes, here are our ideas so far," Xingqiu clears his throat, "You could go to the beach, have a huge picnic at the park, you could have a huge party, or you could go on a trip and rent out a cabin and go to a river,"

"That's so many options... I think we should just start with something simple,"

A quiet ding played in Xiao's headphones, someone else joined the call. Another one of his online friends joins the call, it was Xiangling, she lived in the same town as Xingqiu and Chongyun, but was closer to Hu Tao than Xiao.

"Hi Xiangling!" Hu Tao greets her.

"Hey guys, whatcha doing tonight," Xiangling happily enters the voice chat.

"We're discussing Xiao's boy problems," Xingqiu practically smirks through the microphone.

"Oh?" Xiangling giggles.

"This is fucking embarrassing, anyway Xiangling our plan is to get a bunch of people together, to make it less awkward, and then I gets some alone time with the guy I like,"

"Is it already awkward to just be by yourselfs? Is that why you want a lot of people," Chongyun questions.

"Kinda-"

Hu Tao butts in, "HE KISSED HIM ON STREAM,"

Giggles erupt from Xingqiu and Xiangling while Chongyun chokes on, what is presumably, a popsicle.

"FOR REAL? UGH AND THE ONE STREAM THAT I MISSED TOO," Xingqiu groans.

Chongyun coughs hysterically behind the mic, attempting to form a sentence, "You really- kissed this guy- but- haven't told him how you felt?"

"No I haven't, and his so called 'best friend' is getting in the way,"

"Xiao, I really think that you should tell him how you feel,"

"But, I just feel like it's too soon,"

"Hmm, it might be, but Chongyun and I aren't good examples because it took us forever to get together," Xingqiu chuckles nervously.

Chongyun sighs, "Yeah, way too long,"

"But, Xiao, take this at your own pace, if you really feel like doing this then go ahead. There is no right or wrong to love,"

"I... don't know yet," Xiao sighs and puts his head in his hands.

"Tell you what Xiao, Chongyun and I will take a trip to your town just to help you out," Xingqiu offers.

"Are you joking? That's across the country just to help me? There has to be an ulterior motive,"

"So what if there is? We're still going to help you nonetheless,"

"But in the middle of the school year?" Xiao raises a brow.

"Yes, they can just email us our assignments,"

"And what about Xiangling?"

"Oh I'd love to come! I could easily get time off at the restaurant, and school work shouldn't be a problem,"

"And this is our chance to finally hang out and meet in real life," Chongyun adds.

"I say it's the perfect plan," Xingqiu says triumphantly.

Xiao sighs, "Alright, that's so weird, but fine, when are you going to come in?"

"Xingqiu and I have a test this week, but next weekend should be ok. What about you, Xiangling,"

"I can definitely come down then!" She chuckles.

"Great, then it's settled, next weekend, you guys can come down," Hu Tao smiles.

"Yeah but we still don't know what we're going to do,"

"Oh right," Xingqiu thinks for a second, "I think we should go to the beach, I mean it's still warm enough, and it's the perfect group activity,"

"Alright then, I'll text him about it and ask, but I'm going to leave now, I have some work I need to do,"

They all say bye at different intervals, Xiao leaves the call and puts his fingertips to his temples.

God was this exhausting, but he hoped that it would all be worth it in the end. He'd do anything for Venti, and if that meant his friends from across the country coming over to help him meant getting him then that's what he's willing to do.

Xiao grabs his phone and finds Venti's contact, "Barbatos <3", he hasn't changed it.

Hey Venti, are you busy next weekend?

Hi Xiao :OOO
I'm not what's up?

Well I was wondering if you wanted to go to the beach with me and some of my friends

Oh my gosh I'd love to :))))
Would it be ok if I brought Kazuha and the twins?

Xiao bit his lip, he really didn't want Kazuha there, but he didn't want to seem like a jerk to him in front of Venti.

Sure

YAY
And I have a question for you too

What

Would you want to come to my photoshoot this weekend? I have a new album in the works and it's for that, you could even model in it!

Strange request, but sure.

YAYY
I'll pick you up on Saturday at noon ;)

Ok

Xiao puts his hands on his face and sighs. A photoshoot? He's never even modeled a day in his life, hopefully he doesn't have to do anything and he's just there for moral support.

But anything for Venti, right?

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

308 18 10
A genshin impact story that takes place before the traveler arrived Cover art drawn by @jalenyang_6 on Instagram
3.8K 80 15
An Albether/Xiaother Modern AU! Enjoy lovelies ✨❤✨ (COMPLETE)
282K 7.2K 35
What if Xiao wasn't the last Yaksha? What if one of the "dead" Yakshas survived? Karmic Debt. Madness. Could anyone possibly survive that? The answer...
3.9K 74 14
❝ 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐄. ❞ ♢ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇... [First Name] was genuinely just trying to get through her last year of highschool in...