A Heart's Desire (Book 1)

由 JadeDragon24

Evangeline Gray just wants to find her mate, like any werewolf, but after a cruel twist of fate, she decides... 更多

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 20

216 18 0
由 JadeDragon24

Eva POV

Driving up, I notice the New Dawn pack house is a colonial revival style house with white exterior and black shutters. We walk into a grand foyer that has staircase up to a second floor. I could see a great room and what looked like a dining table to the right of it beyond here - probably a modern redesign to an open floor plan.

The style of furniture within this house is a little too fancy for my tastes although I admit that the antiques are beautiful - someone has good taste in this style of furniture. At this moment, I can only just imagine what the rest of the pack house looks like, because Sienna starts sniffing the air around us.

Following Sienna up the staircase to what I imagine are the guest rooms, the smell tells me this is also the space where some people get busy. I just wish that person hadn't decided to get busy this afternoon, because apparently this was going to cause some major problems for not only Sienna but me.

At first she has a smile on her face but it immediately turns into a frown. She heads straight for the staircase that leads upstairs. No one hurts my cousin!

"What is Sienna doing?" Callum asks.

"Is there anyone here at the moment?"

"There could be. There are guest rooms upstairs that the pack members use on occasion." but I hear the undertones to that explanation.

"I hope that pack member isn't using the room for activities or we might have problems." I hiss.

"Why?"

Before I could answer a scream comes from ahead of us. I might have been following Sienna but apparently not close enough.

"What's wrong Sienna?" I ask my sobbing best friend.

"Not only did he not wait for me, but I walk in on him with someone else."

"Who?" I ask like I don't already know the answer to this question.

"My mate." She wales.

"Where's the bastard?!" I scream.

"Last door on the right."

Not waiting for anyone, I march down to the room and throw the door open. Thankfully the two are in the process of getting dressed. The cute blonde-haired, blue-eyed guy looks up from the squatting position he's in, and that is the perfect height for me. Quickly I ball my right hand up and give two quick jabs - both hitting him squarely on the jaw.

I don't like violence, but that felt so satisfying. After this, I rush out of the pack house after Sienna. This might not be the first time in the history of mates for a someone to walk in on their mate having sex with another person, but Sienna isn't just some person in stories - she's my best friend and she needs me.

Luckily I drove to New Dawn, because Sienna needs to get out of here and I'm not leaving her by herself - Callum be damned.

So much for Sienna finding her mate. I know he was having sex with someone, but at least it wasn't after he knew he had a mate.

"Sienna I know you've saved yourself for your mate, but at least he didn't know about you personally when he slept with that girl."

She looks up wiping the tears from her eyes, sniffling before answering - a mixture of sadness and anger in her voice. "That doesn't help much, sorry, but it doesn't and on top of it I had to walk in and see the whole scene. I want to go home."

Knowing what my cousin needs, I make my mind up quickly. "Ok lets go."

She pauses momentarily looking at me with concern. "What about your mate?"

"I guess we'll see how much he wants to be my mate. It isn't like he waited for me either. So let's take care of you first. We drove my car so let's just go to Tidewater, get our stuff and head back to Silver Tide."

"Fine, I need to get out of here."

Callum POV

Walking in I see Ben quickly getting dressed, his previous companion long gone. I decide to wait until he's done pulling on his clothes before asking anything, to which he follows by pacing anxiously.

"What's going on in that head of yours. Just ask the question." I start, and he looks over at me, his eyebrows pushing so close together they nearly form a single line.

"Was that who I think it was?" He asks.

"You mean was that your mate? The one that you've been wanting to find? The one you were supposed to wait on?" I reply with emphasis on the last sentence, raising an eyebrow at him incredulously.

"Yes. That was her wasn't it?" The grip he has on his chair only tightens - his knuckles turning white. "Shit!" He hollers.

"Shit is right. She might not be your mate now because you couldn't keep it in your pants."

"Shut up! I don't even know her name." He whines.

"Sienna."

"Sienna. That's beautiful." He sighs, seeming to forget that he just hurt her - badly.

"Well it goes with the girl."

"Hey!" He growls.

"Hey what? Your mate, well hopefully your mate, is the cousin of my mate." I explain.

"So who slugged me?" Ben inquires, bringing a hand to his jaw.

"Eva, my mate." I chuckle, poor bastard didn't even know what hit him.

"Damn!" Ben exclaims, still rubbing his jaw.

"I know and you don't want to be on her bad side. She's a Gray." I continue.

Ben's eyes widen, and I hear him suck in a deep breath before continuing. "As in the Silver Tide Pack? As in Alpha and Luna Gray? As in Alexis Stafford?" He rushes out, looking understandably nervous.

"Yeah they're my mates parents but your mate's aunt and uncle. Your mate's father is the Beta of the pack." I inform him, like he doesn't already know.

"It might not be them I have to worry about. It might be mom. You know she used to be part of the Silver Tide Pack...right?" He stresses.

"Not specifically, but that does complicate things - now doesn't it?" I emphasize.

"Crap, I need to stop her before she leaves....or before she decides to reject me!" He exclaims as he flies past me and into the hall, and I follow him.

"All I can say is that I hope you're prepared to grovel, or literally beg for forgiveness." I can't help but chuckle, and he shoots a withering look at me.

"Shut up, I don't need you laughing while I do it...this sucks enough as it is."

I hold in my laughter as he continues to search, but after a few minutes it's plainly obvious that neither girl is here.

"But where are Sienna and Eva?" Ben questions in a panic.

I look around at the cars and notice something.

"Well, Eva's car is not here so either they are at Silver Tide or on their way back home. Give me a minute."

Reaching into my pocket, I pull out my cellphone to call Eva. Her conversation is clipped with me, but she assures me that it is because of the situation between Ben and Sienna and has nothing to do with me. She still seems to be upset about something else - but that is for another time.

"They've gone home. Are you willing to do anything to get her back?" I question.

"Anything!" He replies without hesitation.

"Then let's go get two plane tickets." I answer.

Eva POV

We get to my car and zipped over to Tidewater, got our bags and jetted down to Silver Tide.It doesn't take long for me to get a call from Callum. He isn't particularly happy with my decision to take Sienna back home, but what can he do about that now. He is either going to let me go, or he will follow me down to Florida.

Eventually I get Sienna's mind off of Ben temporarily by having her to join in singing our favorite songs, enjoying slushes from Sonic and talking in general. We just enjoy our trip back down to our home. Home - something I haven't seen in a month - although Blackrose started to feel like a home away from home - I love it there. On our way back at a rest stop I call Scarlett to give her an update on what was going on with my visit with the alpha of the packs, finding my second chance mate - sadly, and Sienna finding her mate - although we weren't sure how well that was going to work out. Scarlett seems pleased with the meetings I had but wasn't too pleased with Sienna's mate - I don't blame her - in the least. But like I said, Callum didn't wait for me either - which made me sad to think about, but I am trying not to hold that against him at the moment. What else was I supposed to say or think about the subject. Scarlett let me know that Rin and Gryphon are giving her frequent updates on Devaney's progress, and I need to plan on calling her soon. I didn't figure I would miss her as much as I do at this moment. The little girl grew on me quickly, we have some sort of connection that I can't even describe at this moment - which just reaffirms my decision to adopt her.

Of course it was about a 14 hour drive. 800 miles with a few stops isn't an easy drive, but at least I am ok with Sienna driving my baby so we make good time. What I didn't expect was what was waiting on us once we got to Silver Tide - Callum and an apologetic looking Ben. I mean I suspected that Callum might follow me to Florida, but not Ben. I'm not sure what is going to happen but I hope that this is a good sign on both their parts, because apparently as soon as we left they got plane tickets and headed down to Florida.

"What are you doing here Callum?"

"I wanted to see my mate. Ben felt bad for what happened with Sienna and wanted to come see her, so I came with him. You aren't happy to see me?"

"Of course I am, but I wasn't going to leave her to let her come home on her own. I know you didn't wait on me, but at least I didn't walk in on you having sex with another woman. It was quite the shock for Sienna - obviously. I hope Ben has stocked up on his groveling skills, because it is going to take quite a bit for Sienna to consider him as a suitable mate."

"Ben feels really bad for Sienna walking in on him. He kind of gave up on finding his mate."

"He's only 19 Callum, that isn't much of an excuse - but I suppose that's your excuse." I state bitterly.

"Not really, I was just a horny teenager that didn't want to wait. I'm not going to try and give you an excuse otherwise."

"Thank you for your honesty at least. Let's get in, I've missed my family."

"Of course, I suppose there is plenty of family here to miss and get reconnected with."

"Yeah, and I need to check on Sienna."

Walking over to Sienna's house, I walk into the cottage style house and go upstairs to the bedrooms. Walking down the hall, I stop in front of Sienna's room and cautiously knock on her door.

"Are you ok Sienna?"

Hearing pattering of feet across the floor, I know she's going to let me in - which is a good sign.

"Just peachy." She replies bitterly.

"Give him a chance to explain. I know it hurts that he didn't wait for you, but he did travel 800 miles and got here before we did, just to try and explain his side of the story. I know his side is flimsy, but he could have just let you return home and not have done anything. He didn't he decided to chase after you - that says something Sienna. Just give him a chance."

"Ok, I'll listen to him but I'm not promising anything."

"I think that's all he wants."

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

139K 5.5K 40
A vampire prince seeking his soulmate for more years than he can count, only to find her wondering about in the forest. Could it really be her? Has h...
65.6K 5.8K 36
Being born into a family of the most powerful witches is something Isla felt she would never get used to. There was always something going on, but sh...
1.6M 32.1K 48
Akela has to leave her home when she is attacked. She joins a pack a werewolves where she finds her true mate. Another pack of enemy werewolves is ou...
183K 5.2K 21
Bella has moved on with her life after the Cullen's left and has made something of herself in the human community as well as the vampire community. W...