Within The Bonds

nightlighe01 által

She is innocent They are manipulative She plays it safe They thrive in danger She likes her normal life ... Több

Introduction
1: Brothers?
2: Mysterious Driver
3: Everyone's Home
4: Just Jet Lagged
5: Rules are for fools
6: Who Hurt You?
7: Panic Attack
8: Allergies
9: No Doctors
10: More Brothers?
11: One Long Day
12: Dinner Drama
13: Comfort
14: Shopping?
15: Bull's Eye
16: Flashback
17: First Day
18: Tryouts
19: Murdered
20: Security Team
21: Big Trouble
22: Who's Seb?
23: Haunting Past
24: Silence
25: Truth
26: Psych Psychologist
27: Permission
28: Tizan
29: Prank Time!
30: Jason
31: An Anagram?
32: Getting Down To Buisness
33: Memory Box
34: Fallon
35: Definition Of Annoyance
36: Monkey In The Middle
37: Dad!?
38: Dilemma
39: Cold Sweat
40: Rule Number Three
41: Closure
42: Floating Restaurant
43: Dreaming Of Mum
44: Toy War
45: Naming Ducks
46: Negotiations
47: The Family Rule
48: Face The Consequences
49: Their Office
50: Troubled Thoughts
51: Shell-Shocked
52: Straight Answers
53: Bugged
54: Achy Muscles
55: Hell Week
56: I'm Screwed
57: I Need To Get Help
58: Lisa Polisa
59: Clue 1
60: Uprooting Storm
61: Dream Or Reality?
62: A New View
63: Fourteen-Years-Ago
64: Couple Of Weeks Away
65: Improvise
66: UNO
67: Special Agent Louis
68: Crushy Crushy Crush
70: Lemon Tart
71: Don't You Dare Finish That Sentence
72: You're Bossy
73: Cranberry Fruit Punch
74: We're Dead Meat
75: Not Your Damn Daughter
76: Candy Stripers
77: Connecting The Dots
78: I Need Air
79: Power
80: I Like You
81: The Todorov's & Volkov's
82: We've Got Company
83: Up The Tree
84: Rescue
85: Fallen In Place
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Epilogue
The Sequel

69: Details

11.8K 459 40
nightlighe01 által

Quickly recovering from the shock at his sudden confession, my brows frown in confusion.

"I-I...Um...I thought you were in Italy," I comment while on the inside I'm jumping a squeaking like a little girl!

"Not since two this morning. I'm accompanying my dad on a business trip," he clarifies and I nod to myself.

"Oh," I mumble in acknowledgment. "So, you're already here?" I enquire as the butterflies in my stomach set themselves loose.

"Not quite. Dad has some urgent business in Argentina that couldn't be put off any longer. But if things go smoothly, I reckon we should be leaving by tonight or tomorrow morning at most," he explains, his Italian accent prominent in every word.

"You caught the perfect season to visit Argentina though," I remark as I try to turn a blind eye to all the gooey-lovey-dovey faces she's making at me.

"Especially here in Buenos Aires," he adds in agreement with me.

Our conversation from her on progress as it floats towards undefine destinations as we move from topic to topic without even realizing it. All through which I fail to wipe the smile curving my lips off my face!

I don't know how long we are talking for now, but to me, it seems like a couple of minutes. It's like when I'm talking to him, I have a never-ending supply of stories that I find relevant to our topic of conversation, and added with his sense of humor, I don't think I can ever get bored of talking to him!

"Oi! Xavier and Fallon just pulled up in the driveway," Lindsey informs, with her head still peeking through her window taking cover behind her curtains.

My eyes widen at her words, "I've got to go, talk to you later?" I blabber in a hurry as my nerves bundle up into a knot inside my stomach.

"Sure, I'll see you this weekend," he says before we hand it up.

Throwing my phone on her bed, I join her at the window intrigued to know what she's looking at. Spotting Xavier exit the car with Fallon soon joining him, I don't miss the almost invisible smile curving both their lips and the knowing look etch on Lindsey's face neither does she.

Pulling me to the side just as their heads snap towards our direction, I glance at Lindsey mirroring her wide-eyed expression. "That was a close one," she remarks after a fleeting moment.

"What do you look so perplexed about?" She enquires, indolently slumping down on her bed.

"You saw that right?" I ask for clarification. "Or maybe it's just me," I add as an afterthought in dismissal.

"No, I did too. But what about it?" She enquires further propping herself on her elbows.

"Nothing. I've never seen that look in Xavier's eyes before," I voice my observation.

"You'll get used to it," she dismisses, grabbing my attention.

"Are they always like that?" I wonder aloud causing her to facepalm herself.

"Are you blind?" She scoffs in disbelief.

"They like each other?" I ask like the oblivious dummy I am.

"Does a werewolf need a mate?" She replies rhetorically making me frown in confusion.

'What do werewolves have to do with Xavier and Fallon?'

"Yes. The answer is yes, a werewolf does need a mate," she adds flatly in clarification taking in my puzzled expression.

"Anyway, those two are a complicated pair. If cupid himself had to smack them in the face, they would still act like they don't have a single clue of their feelings for each other," she sighs shaking her head in disappointment.

"Oo-kay?" I drag my words as I process what she just said.

"It's so frustrating sometimes!" She huffs and without giving me a chance to reply she continues her rant. "I mean how oblivious can two people be! I swear there are times, I wish I could just smack some sense into my sister," she rambles on.

"Dude calm down!" I interject her rant, placing both my hands on either of her shoulder attempting to calm her sudden...how do I put it? Outburst?

"Yeah, you're telling me 'calm down' now, wait until it's you having to sit through Christmas dinner with the two of them at the same table and Fallon just happens to introduce her boyfriend to the family!"

"Wait...hold up rewind please, your family and mine have Christmas dinner together?" I ask completely ignoring the rest of her speech.

"Really? That's all you've retained?" Her flat tone rings warning bells in my ears as the blank expression etched her face just adds to the effect.

"Oh common!" I roll my eyes, "you just said it yourself, you get used to it," I justify my words.

"Whatever, you brought it up," she huffs, defending herself by pushing the blame on me only earning herself an eye roll from me.

"Any-hoo, coming back to you," she declares shift position to face me completely.

"What about me?" I reply innocently trying to put off the topic she brings up.

With barely any warning a whack is delivered to my shoulder by Lindsey weaponizing the innocent teddy bear that sat beside her. "What was that for?" I complain rubbing the spot she just hit.

"Stop avoiding the topic!" She reprimands

"I am not!" I protest.

"Are too!" She persists.

Am not!"

"Are too!"

This goes on for few more minutes when we are suddenly interrupted by Lindsey's mum calling us downstairs. So, to end the inconclusive argument I like the mature adult I stick my tongue out at her and exit the room.

"Hey! Come back here, I want the details!" She yells sprinting behind me as I zoom down the stairs.

"What details are we talking about here?" Fallon asks, causing my eyes to widen. staring at the trio standing at the foot of the stairs looking at me expectantly.

"Um..." Like a deer caught in a headlight, I find myself at a loss of words as I aimlessly look around me for an excuse. "Ask Lindsey," I point my finger over my shoulder towards Lindsey.

"Way to put a girl on the spot," I hear her grumble under her breath.

"Lindsey?" Fallon calls out in a sugar-coated tone, grabbing her attention. "Yeah?" Lindsey shifts her gaze towards Fallon.

"Still waiting for an answer, baby sis," Fallon reminds, mischief evident in her eyes.

"That information is privileged," Lindsey concludes after a moment of thought. Her response raises multiple eyebrows.

"Sure, it is," she teases all while her mum and Xavier remain dead silent enjoying the show.

"Oh, look at the time! I think we should head home," I suggest avoiding Xavier's piercing gaze as I descend the last few steps.

"I thought you said you didn't want to stay home alone," he is quick to point out hindering my attempts to escape the situation.

"I changed my mind," I shrug.

"Sure, you did," he remarks, making me bite the inside of my cheek as my gaze roamed across my surroundings avoiding everyone's gaze as Lindsey mirrors my actions.

"Let's go then," he announces motioning towards the door, and within seconds I'm out.

As the drive home progresses, realization hit me. 'I don't wanna be left alone right now though' Although it was me who suggested we go home, being alone right now is the last thing I need because that's when all the bad thoughts settle in.

'It might not be such a bad thing after all' I try convincing myself. 'Maybe I could work on opening the jewelry box'

"Jack is home for the rest of the day and will be supervising you," Xavier informs me casually, his eyes glued to the road.

"Oh joy," I mumble sarcastically under my breath, but admittedly knowing that I won't be completely alone at home makes me feel a bit batter, even if the person supposedly company is Jack the epitome of annoyance.

'This is going to be the longest twenty-four hours I've ever been awake for!' I sigh realizing that I barely slept a wink since my nap this morning. 'And with the house under Jack's supervision, I don't think sleep is anywhere in my near future'

'Whoever this mystery texter is, I hope for their sake Xavier finds them before I figure it out. Because my revenge list is just getting bigger by the minute, and if I do find them, I would hate to be them!'

Author's Note:

Okay before you say it, I'll admit it, this was a rushed chapter!

And I'll probably come back and edit it later, but for now, I hope you enjoy it.

Comment &vote on your way out though!

~Kia

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

382K 8.8K 24
She was just a girl who wanted to know about her real family. He was just a boy who stay in his bestfriend's house more than his own foster parents'...
1.3M 31K 83
Briella,17, never had a stable family set up. She was left alone by the age of 7, to fend for herself. Her father hated her, abused her for her whole...
1.4M 36.8K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
203K 8.3K 44
she is a innocent girl who has always lived a simple happy life with her loving mother and stepfather-which she doesn't know is her stepfather. ...