JUST BEST FRIENDS

Bởi Samfreddy

Have you ever been madly in love with your childhood best friend, but they never loved you the same way? I me... Xem Thêm

CHAPTER 1: THE CHALLENGE.
CHAPTER 2: THE TURN DOWN.
CHAPTER 3: HOPE.
CHAPTER 4: SWEET CANDY.
CHAPTER 5: TRUTH OR DARE.
CHAPTER 6: THE PROMISE.
CHAPTER 7: LISTEN TO THE RADIO.
CHAPTER 8: HEARTBREAK ON A FULL MOON.
CHAPTER 9: THE REQUEST.
CHAPTER 10: ALL THE BEST.
CHAPTER 11: THE WARNING.
CHAPTER 12: THE DISCUSSION.
CHAPTER 13: A BIG MISTAKE.
CHAPTER 14: A SAD LOSS.
CHAPTER 16: EMOTIONS.
CHAPTER 17: HAKUNA MATATA.
CHAPTER 18: FINAL WARNING.
CHAPTER 19: SUGAR AND SPICE.
CHAPTER 20: SHOTS GONE WRONG.
CHAPTER 21: LOVE IS BLIND.
CHAPTER 22: CHAOS.
CHAPTER 23: REVELATIONS.
CHAPTER 24: WELCOME TO LAGOS, BABY.
CHAPTER 25: LOVE OR LUST?
CHAPTER 26: PROOF.
CHAPTER 27: MAYHEM.
CHAPTER 28: INDECISION.
CHAPTER 29: HEART TO HEART.
CHAPTER 30: MOVING ON.
CHAPTER 31: PEACE OF MIND.
CHAPTER 32: CONSEQUENCES.
CHAPTER 33: COMPLICATIONS.
CHAPTER 34: RECONCILIATION.
CHAPTER 35: A WAKE-UP CALL.
CHAPTER 36: DEEP REGRET.
CHAPTER 37: KARMA STRIKES.
CHAPTER 38: THE BIG NEWS.
CHAPTER 39: A DREAM COME TRUE.
CHAPTER 40: MEMORIES.
CHAPTER 41: HOMICIDE.
CHAPTER 42: GOODBYE.
CHAPTER 43: RIP.
AUTHOR'S NOTE
BOOK PROMOTION.

CHAPTER 15: A BLOODY NIGHTMARE.

635 191 27
Bởi Samfreddy

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 15: A BLOODY NIGHTMARE.

Heartbreak.

Complete heartbreak was what Idara felt when Isioma was shot dead in her presence about thirty minutes ago. She'd never in her life witnessed a murder before, except for the ones she'd seen in movies—especially documentaries and fast-paced action films.

Seeing it in real life was an entirely different ball game for Idara.

Sobbing, Idara glanced at Isioma's blood on the wall and on the ground and wished they'd killed her instead. Even though she knew for a fact that she was next in line to be killed, she truly wished she was the first person that died rather than Isioma.

Poor Isioma definitely didn't deserve to die for such petty reason. If Idara could take her place or bring her back to life, she surely wouldn't hesitate to do either options. But, unfortunately, she was a mere mortal, and thus had no divine powers over death.

Right now, all Idara could do was sit still on the ground and cry her eyes out. She would've called someone for help, but her phone and purse were nowhere to be found. Clearly, she was all alone, locked in a strange room that reeked of nothing but death.

Speaking of strangeness, it'd been a while since the murderers left the room with Isioma's lifeless body. It got Idara thinking about where they were, and what they were going to do with the body.

Apparently, she feared they might use Isioma's corpse for something evil, because she'd heard several stories of wealthy kidnappers who specialized in selling human parts, and she had a habit of cringing or throwing up whenever she heard such stories. Truly, they never really went well with Idara's system.

Personally, Idara thought that Isioma deserved a proper burial, but she knew that that was likely not going to happen with these men involved. They really didn't look like people that cared about anything or anyone but themselves.

“Dear Lord, where are You?” Idara whispered amid tears. “I desperately need You now, my Savior. Do not forsake me, Father. Come to my rescue.”

In the blink of an eye, the door opened, and Idara raised her head at once, thinking her prayer had been answered, only to see one of the men called Danladi standing at the doorway.

Closing the door quietly, Danladi started walking towards Idara with a frown on his face.

Watching his every move, Idara prepared herself for the worst, assuming that her time to die was due. But when Danladi finally stood before Idara and unbuckled his belt, Idara knew that she was in for a really bloody treat.

“Suck my c•ck, b*tch.”

“What?” Idara totally didn't see that one coming. What the hell!

“You heard me clearly, b*tch!” Danladi said, unsheating his manhood. “Suck it!”

“I'm sorry, sir,” Idara looked away, breathing heavily. “I can't do that.”

“The hell you can't!” Danladi grabbed Idara's head with one hand, forcing her to look at his instrument. “You better suck the damn thing, wh•re! Don't make me go nuts on you!”

“I said, no!” Once again, Idara averted her eyes from the huge black mamba before her face. “Please, leave me alone!”

Vexed, Danladi pulled out his gun from the inner pocket of his leather jacket and hit Idara's forehead with the butt of it.

“Ow!” Idara flinched, feeling the effect it had on her migraine. “Please stop. I beg you.”

“Shut up. You wanted to play tough, so let's play tough.” Danladi cocked his gun, pressed it against Idara's head, put a finger on the trigger, and then said, “Get started, sl*t, before I blow your brains off!”

Defeated, Idara opened her mouth to take in Danladi's mamba, but someone suddenly barged into the room from nowhere.

“Mike?” Idara was absolutely shocked to see him. What on Earth was Candice's step-brother doing here? Was he also a party to all this mess? “Is that really you?”

“Yup,” Mike nodded, approaching them. “What's cooking here?”

“Nothing, bro,” said Danladi, who was busy buckling his belt with haste. “I was just checking up on her. I'mma leave now.”

“Well then,” Mike halted before them, raising an eyebrow as he glanced between Danladi and Idara, “leave.”

“Yes, boss.”

With Danladi gone, Mike crouched beside Idara and sighed. “Sorry about that, lady. Those guys are all idiots.”

“Thank you—” a tear rolled down Idara's cheek, “—for saving me.”

“Yeah.” Mike shrugged, his eyes glued to Idara's wounded palm. “You're bleeding. You should cover that up.”

“Why?” Idara sniffed, her breathing unsteady. “It'll be useless. I'll soon be killed, anyway.”

“Hmm.” Mike looked Idara in the eyes for a brief moment, before shaking his head pitifully. “Oh ye of little faith.”

Removing his T-shirt, Mike wrapped up Idara's hand with it to minimize the bleeding. “All right, that should do the trick.”

Idara simply nodded in appreciation.

“So, um, look, lady, I'm sorry about your friend,” Mike said, stroking Idara's swollen lip with his thumb. “But she was a bit of an ass, so I guess she probably got what she deserved.”

“Hmph.” Idara cocked her head to avoid Mike's touch. “Where is her body?”

“I don't know. I've only been around for, like, ten minutes. Too bad I missed out on most of the action.”

“Is Candice in the building?”

“Capital NO!” replied Mike. “But she's on her way, though. She should be here in five.”

“Why am I still alive?” Idara sniffed again, blinking back tears. “Why don't you people just kill me once and for all?”

“Candice's orders,” Mike said, getting up on his feet. “It's the only reason why you are still breathing.”

Idara sighed. “Where are we? Are we still in Lagos?”

“Way too many questions, lady.” Mike sat on the steel chair in a bossy fashion. “I'm afraid I can't answer any more questions. Sorry.”

Hopeless, Idara shut her eyes and curled her lips without a word. Truly, her questions were too much, and maybe a little bit unnecessary.

Mike had been generous enough to answer most of them, and Idara appreciated his kindness. If she was going to get any more of his generosity, she'd have to be as quiet as a graveyard.

“Are you hungry?”

Idara shook her head in response.

“Thirsty?”

“No.”

Mike scoffed. “Stop pretending. I know you're starving.”

Idara offered no comment on that. Mike, however, stood up and started pacing the room.

“Look, lady, to be very honest with you, I have no intention to hurt you.” Mike confessed, gesticulating with his hand. “My plan was to abduct only your friend, Isioma, and teach her a lesson, but Candice did otherwise. You were never in the picture, trust me. All I wanted was to show your friend who's boss, not to end her life. But now she's gone, and I feel shitty for it. F*ck!”

“Hmm.” Idara opened her eyes as chains of tears raced down her cheeks. “You can still redeem yourself, Mike. Do the right thing.”

“Like?”

“Let me go.”

“What, are you insane?” Mike's eyes widened. “That's equivalent to suicide. Those men would gun me down the moment I ask them to free you.”

“Mike, you don't have to tell them anything.” Idara suggested bluntly. “All you have to do is uncuff me and get these shackles off my feet. I'll do the rest.”

Mike stood still, gaping at Idara as if she were a ghost. “And what exactly do you intend to do, Miss Bond?”

Idara ignored Mike's sarcastic remark. “I'll make a run for it. I'm a good runner.”

Mike wagged his head at that. “Brave move, but stupid, too.”

“Why?”

“Because you'll be shot dead before you even make it to the door.” Mike groaned. “Ugh! I hate to admit it, but you definitely need my help now more than ever. You won't make it out alive without me. Plus, I know I might regret this, but if it'll help in taming my guilt over Isioma's death, I'll do it.”

Instantly, Idara's face lit up like a happy child's. “Oh, thank God! Thank you very much, Mike!”

“Yeah, yeah.” Mike held the door handle. “Give me a minute. I know where the keys are. I'll bring them back.”

“Oh, thank you. Please hurry up!”

“Okay.”

The very moment Mike opened the door, he received a heavy blow in the face that made him stagger back like a drunkard. Danladi clenched his fist to strike another punch, but Candice stopped him almost immediately.

Dumbstruck, Idara watched as Candice and her gang of kidnappers walked into the room defiantly.

“Ouch!” Candice grimaced, referring to Mike. “That must've hurt so freakin' bad.”

Mike couldn't even talk, because he was still recovering from the effect of the blow.

Damn Danladi!

Facing Idara, Candice hollered, saying, “Surprised?” She chuckled. “Boy, you should see your face right now. You look uglier than Smeagol.”

Idara swallowed hard.

With Candice in the room, there was just no telling what would become of her in the next five minutes. Idara literally smelled death lurking around the corner. Mentally, she hoped that her death would be quick and easy.

“Funny enough, we heard everything you both said,” Candice continued speaking while clapping her hands. “And I gotta hand it to y'all: your escape plan was pretty dope. I'm impressed. Really. But y'all should've been more discreet with it.”

“Damn straight.” Danladi's colleague laughed. “We could literally hear their loud voices from a mile away.”

“Born fools.” Mr. Eli added, arms crossed over his chest. “How do you suggest we punish them now, Candy?”

“Simple.” Candy shrugged. “One has to kill the other.”

Idara's eyes widened at that, so did Mike's.

“You're clowning, right?”

“No, Mike, I ain't.” Candice looked at Mr. Eli, snapping her fingers. “Boss, give my brother the stuff.”

Mr. Eli smirked, pulling out a machete from the back of his jeans, which he then held out to Mike. “Take it, boy.”

“No!” Mike stepped back, shaking his head in disapproval. “No!!! I won't!”

“Take it from him, Mike.” Candice advised. “Save yourself.”

“I won't do it!”

“Very well, then.” Candice looked at Idara and said, “Stand up, bish.”

Fearfully, Idara obeyed. Her legs were wobbling so badly that she felt like they were going to melt like candle wax soon.

“Uncuff her,” Candice said to Sly, Danladi's colleague. He nodded and did just that.

Snatching the matchete from Mr. Eli, Candice held it out to Idara. “Here. Have it.”

“No... Please!”

“Do not waste our time, Idara.”

“Candice, please,” Idara laced her fingers together, retreating against the wall. “Have mercy!”

“Last chance, Idara.” Candice warned, glaring at her. “Don't make this harder than it already is.”

Still, Idara refused.

Killing someone was something she'd never do, no matter how scared or pressured she might be. Besides, even if she did kill Mike, there was no guarantee that she'd be freed, let alone live to see another day.

Idara couldn't take that chance at all. She wasn't as stupid as Candice thought she was.

“All right, time's up,” said Candice. “Danladi and Sly, y'all please hold her hands tight for me.”

“Candice, no!” Mike charged at Candice, but Mr. Eli pushed him back and pointed his gun at him after saying, “Stay back and watch, boy.”

“Don't take this personal, Idara,” Candice said, smiling. “It's just business. No hard feelings.”

Crying out loud, Idara closed her eyes tightly, bracing herself for what was about to happen.

The very moment Candice raised the sharp machete above her head, Idara woke up from her strange, deadly, bloody nightmare, panting like never before!

Hahaha! I bet so many of you thought this whole thing REALLY happened! 😅🤣💔

Please leave a VOTE and a comment if you fell hard for it! 🤣💙

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

260K 80.1K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...
11.8K 2.5K 40
In a Nigerian boarding highschool, things could get pretty hard for a 16 year old introverted-extrovert with a personality disorder. Mayowa Smith, fo...
26.4K 3.7K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
289K 50K 87
*Could you ever love a broken person?* "I understand that you're broken," he said as he lifted her chin so she stared directly into his eyes. "But I...