𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐋 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋! | rodric...

由 -kaeneshiro

[r.h. × female oc] ❝i really like you, i really wanna be your best friend. be my rebel girl...❞ she's the que... 更多

introduction
cast/face claims!
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
intermission
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four

nine

2.3K 85 29
由 -kaeneshiro

( track 10: )

❝  wouldn't it be nice ❞
the beach boys

0:00 •——————— 2:25
◀ || ▶

rodrick's point of view

“time's up! alright everybody gather around and pass all of your test papers. and remember students, pass it properly.” everyone started passing their test papers on each row which i personally find a little too extra since they're still going to be compiled out of order.

“heffley, pass this to your front.” a student behind me handed over the papers. i noticed that hazel's paper was in front, making me glance at her seat at the very back.

hazel was staring at the window shaking her leg, looking unamused about the class.

“heffley!”

i immediately placed my paper to the pile then handed over to the person in front of me.

“okay that is all, thank you for cooperating with me.” our english teacher picked up a few of her stuff then opened the door.

“miss clark, you almost forgot about our homework.” one girl spoke, making everyone groan.

“oh that, thank you for reminding me sweetie.” miss clark went back to her desk then bent down to get the homework.

“way to go, chloe!” ben shouted in a sarcastic way as sighs and aww's filled the room.

“the only people who passed their homeworks early were hazel lee, chloe stills, aaron fox, and denise guiley. the rest, i received nothing.” she dropped their homeworks to her desk. “i'm giving all of you another day to pass your homework. if any of you don't pass your homework tomorrow, you'll get an f from me.”

chloe picked up the finished assignments from miss clark's desk then passed it back to the owners. one of which was hazel.

i turned to see hazel recieving her folder back with a smile on her face. she must've gotten an a or a b, hazel's smart. i got a b+ ever since mr allen paired me with her for science.

all of a sudden hazel's eyes were furrowed, pursing her lips as she closed her folder violently.

“miss clark, why did i get a d?” she stood up from her chair.

“you might want to ask yourself that question, miss lee.” everyone laughed at miss clark's response, making me feel bad for hazel.

“but miss clark, i worked hard on this!” she walked closer with the folder on her hand. “i had to borrow money just so i could buy supplies for this. i can't have a d. miss clark, my parents will kill me.” she pleaded.

“not my problem.” miss clark responded as the bell rang. everyone stood up from their tables then raced towards the door, leaving me and hazel in the room.

hazel just stood there looking down on the floor, frozen.

before i could even speak, she rushed to get her stuff then ran outside the classroom.

“rodrick!” i hear ben call, making me run out of the classroom as well.

“hey,” i panted as both of us started walking through the school halls.

“what took you so long?” ben asked. “chris and i were waiting for you outside the room.”

i snickered at ben. “it was just a few seconds, how in the hell was that long?” ben rolled his eyes and chuckled.

“was it because of hazel hmm?” ben nudged my arm multiple times which made chris laugh.

“ooh, what happened in there?”

“nothing, i just–” i sighed. “i just felt concerned for hazel a while ago. nothing exciting or anything.” the three of us then got to the cafeteria, falling in line to get some food.

“speaking of hazel, how are you and hazel going?” ben asked once more getting a tray.

“both of us aren't that close yet.” i turned around to see hazel sitting on her table with her hair all messed up.

“really? that's unbelievable man,” he began as the line moved. “didn't she kiss you at the party?”

“yeah, that was fake. she basically kissed her own thumb.” i moved my tray closer to the counter as the cafeteria lady placed our lunch food.

“that's a bummer.” chris shook his head, snacking on his fries.

“did you ever ask her why she did that?” ben asked as the three of us got our food.

“no—well, i tried to text her but she never replied back.” i said. chris, ben, and i then sat on our spot, which was near hazel's.

“dude, i think she might be into you.” ben smirked, eating his turkey sandwich. “she can't kiss you just like that for no reason.”

“nah, it's because i asked her to and she kissed me as a joke, i think.” i shrugged as i pierced my juice box with a plastic straw. “but there's a possibility that that would be true.”

“then what are you waiting for? go hit her up now.”

“i can't.”

“why not?”

“don't you see hee current situation right now?” i gestured at hazel, who's eating her lunch while staring blankly.

“oh right, i see.” ben continued to chomp on his sandwich.

i sighed at the look of hazel's face. “i will later. i'll go talk to her.”

“you go for it rodrick!” chris cheered.

⟩⟩⟩

“…and class dismissed.” the teacher looked at her wristwatch right after the bells rang. everyone in the room got up then started forming a crowd. hazel quickly walked out of the room, leaving me stuck.

“hazel wait!” i squeezed myself through the crowd, trying to keep up with her as she was about to head out the school.

i continued to run as fast as i could while she pushed the glass door.

without hesitating, i sprinted my way to the door then ran towards her.

“hazel!” i called once more, she still continued to walk away which made me walk closer to her.

hazel eventually turned around and stood still as i got to her. her eyes were narrowed while her arms were crossed.

“i–uh…hey.” i spoke, looking down on my shoes.

hazel continued walking away, making me follow her. “what do you want heffley?”

“look,” i panted, trying to slow down my breathing. “look, i know you've been avoiding me because of what we did in the party.”

“and you're right!” hazel flailed her arms then continued walking. i tried to stop her by blocking her way out.

“wait, i'll take you out—i mean, i can take you anywhere you'd like. if you want, i could take you home. just…just tell me where you wanna go and i'll drive you there.” i quickly took out my keys from my pocket then waved it around.

hazel furrowed her eyebrows then sighed. “just take me anywhere, somewhere but here or home.” she walked towards the parking lot. “oh, and uh rodrick?”

“yeah?”

“you could've worded that differently.”

“well, unless if you do want me to take you home if you know what i mean.” i smirked. hazel walked back just to smack me on the shoulder, which hurts a lot. “i knew it, you like me a lot.”

“fuck off.” she let out a laugh as the both of us got inside the van.

“oof chill, i was just kidding. i just tried to make you smile.” i glanced at her, turning the engine on. hazel just rolled her eyes and grinned as she wore her earphones in.

“well you sure are one flirty ass boy.” she leaned on the window, staring at anything we drive past on. “no wonder girls like you.”

“what can i say? chicks dig bad boys. i'm literally irresistible, girls would literally wet themselves just by seeing me.” i exaggerated.

hazel rolled her eyes then sighed. “suddenly, i'm not a girl anymore.” i laughed at her response. “also, you? a bad boy? i really don't see it. what are the most despicable things you have done?”

“well uh—i once accidentally broke my dad's figurine and now my parents think i'm a disappointment.”

“fair enough.” hazel shrugged.

⟩⟩⟩

i eventually took her to a random skating park that were miles away from school. our trip was mostly nothing but silence. after the conversation we had as we left, she never spoke.

while i was turning off the engine, hazel immediately opened the car door then slammed it shut then stood near a tree, watching everyone flipping and crashing on to their skateboards.

“you may leave me now.” she placed her hands inside her pockets.

my eyed widened hearing her talk. “what?”

“i wanted to be alone. just go back home and leave me here.” she said, walking towards a bench.

“well, i'm afraid i can't do that.”

“and why not?”

“hazel, this place is far as hell. if my mom ever finds out that i got to this place, i would be grounded for eternity. okay?” i explained, walking closer to her. “plus, even if i want to leave you here, you're still my responsibility. both of our parents would blame me if you go missing.” hazel groaned and rolled her eyes in defeat.

“ugh fine.” she sat on a nearby bench then took out a lighter from her pocket and a pack of cigarettes from her bag, which was a little surprising because i've never seen her as a smoker.

this girl is filled with surprises, it's oddly fascinating.

i sat next to her as she lit up a cigarette that was between her teeth.

“so…” i sighed. “you smoke?”

“occasionally.” she sucked on the cigarette then blew out a smoke. “i really don't smoke often but when i do, it's mainly because i've endured a stressful situation to the point that i want to cry.” hazel placed the cigarette back to her lips.

“then why don't you just cry?”

“that's the issue,” she chuckled as she unzipped her bag. “i can't shed a single tear even if i think of something disappointing.” she suddenly took out a small flask which i assume is filled with alcohol too.

“oh come on! now you drink too?!” i shrieked. hazel glanced at me with a confused look on her face.

“you need to chill down robert,”

“rodrick.” i corrected.

“whatever your name is.” she shook her head. “why are you so surprised that i am like this, anyway?”

“i just—i didn't expect you to be that. you're so quiet whenever you're in school. last time when your mom met my mom, you didn't even bother saying anything.” i replied.

hazel sighed. “and you're surprised that i speak?”

“well yeah, and the fact you're the complete opposite of who i thought you were.”i slouched on my seat.

hazel just laughed. “then i guess my sister was right, i am the element of surprise.” she sipped on her flask then dropped it back in her bag. “funny story, but my parents and my sister never expected to have another baby in the family, which was me. i mean, it's not a funny story but you know…yeah.”

both of us went silent as we watched the people jumping and flipping with their skateboards.

“ben dared me to befriend you, that's why i'm here.” i confessed. “i didn't really want to do it, to be honest.”

“then why are you still here?” hazel questioned.

“because i somehow want to really get to know you better.”

hazel looked down on her shoes as she sucked on her cigarette. “fine. i mean, i'm not stopping you from befriending me so go ahead.” she shrugged. “what do you want to know about me?”

“no, i don't mean it that way. what i meant to say was i just want to be friends with you and see if it works out.” i let out a smile.

“you better thank me for listening to my therapist's advice all the time.” she shook her head, making me chuckle.

“why are we here anyway?” i questioned. “why did you want to be alone?”

“because…because i…” hazel exhaled. “my parents and i had an argument this morning before they left for work and i don't want to go home just yet. don't you dare spread this to everybody, i never open up to anybody other than my sister and my therapist.”

“don't worry, i won't.” i chuckled.

hazel shook her leg as she drank more alcohol from her flask. “i feel like shit these days—but i guess it's alright since it's normal. i'd be mad at everyone for little to no reason at all, you know, like a while ago.”

“yeah, you looked like you were about to cry in front of everyone.” i added

“uh huh.” she took another hit. “haven't cried for 6 months so it felt like a small weight has lifted away from me. still doesn't cheer me up though, i just fall right back at it again. it's like a never-ending cycle.”

“sorry you had to feel that way.” i said as i was about to pat her back, but scooted away swiftly.

“eh it's fine. you don't have to say sorry, none of them's your fault anyway.” she shrugged. “didn't know you were the type to say sorry to other people.”

i chuckled. “please, just because i'm a bad boy doesn't mean that i don't have sympathy for everyone around me.”

“please stop calling yourself a 'bad boy', it makes me want to puke.” she groaned.

“alright how about this…” i scooted closer to hazel. “i tend to stroll around plainview when my mom asks me to get up and stop being lazy. i can take you anywhere you'd like: house parties, the park, fuck it! even concerts! so… whaddaya' say?”

“you sure you wanna be friends with me or you want something more?” she smirked. “then tell me bad boy, what do you think you'll get from this?”

“well, we can be friends.” i shrugged. “unless—if you want to be more than friends, which i bet you will.”

“doubt it.”

“you'll see.” i stole her cigarette from her fingertips then tried taking a hit.

i don't know how to use cigarettes so i ended up choking from the smoke, making hazel take the stick away from me.

“yeah, i don't think you should smoke at all.” she took another hit from the same cigarette then threw it to a nearby garbage bin.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

7.2K 109 8
(BTW this is a female Y/N perspective) Ps. I promise to actually have good grammar. Chapters with a * next to them have smut :) TW's ? - mild drug us...
10.5K 693 26
Singer Rebecca knows how to put on a show. It's the rest she hasn't quite figured out yet. When Rebecca Daniels finds out her boyfriend is cheating o...
143K 3.1K 17
"What's up with this weird book you guys always share?" "It's not weird, jerk." (no smut) Rodrick Heffley x female!reader
67.9K 1.3K 33
You're the new girl in town and you were heading to get a fresh start WITHOUT him. You take a liking in your new neighbor, and hit it off. But does H...