Naruto: Reunion - Discontinued

De Yoshistar_Writes

With Naruto successfully bringing Sasuke back to Konoha everything Seems promising at first for a new team 7... Mai multe

Before we begin...
Prologue
1) Return
2) Naruto...
3) ...Sasuke...
4) ...Sakura
5) Hokage
6) Instructor
7) Recovery
8) Training
9) Sudden change
10) Team 7
11) Introductions
12) Spy
13) Investigation
14) Intrusion
15)Meeting
16) Calamity
17) Camp
18) Past Issue
19) Speech
20) Yamato...
21) ...Anko...
22) ...Tsunade
23) New Request
24) Darkening
25) Night sky
26) Spirit
27) Gaara...
28) ...Temari and Kankuro
29) Relate
30) Talk
32) Transition
This story will be discontinued...

31) Kazekage

45 4 1
De Yoshistar_Writes

The idea seemed strange at first. Regardless of their feelings for it, Team 7 had to carry out their new self-assigned mission. As the morning greeted the Village of The Sand, everyone had scattered around to fulfill their mission.

To become a kazekage was an arduous task. It would take much dedication, effort, and trials to do so, however Gaara was ready to go through all of this in order to reach his goals and ambition.

As soon as Naruto had reached the spot he had wanted to make his voice heard, he cleared his throat and prepared his voice. "Hey, who here needs a new kazekage?" Everyone continued ignoring him. "I mean it. You're all fools to not listen to me!"

Sakura could only sigh at this display. All her friend was doing was embarrassing himself in front of the passing street, and yet Naruto had not shown a care for pride or dignity when speaking.

"Is this idea really going to work? We can't just make someone a kazekage with just a few shouts and cries."

"Unfortunately, that's all we have on us." Sasuke sighed. "Gaara's easily the most powerful in the village, so we do have that covered. We still need to figure out how to manage his voice being heard."

"Oh, his voice is heard alright. I'm pretty sure he just needs to be shown in a good light."

"To do that:" Sasuke looked upon the shouting Naruto, as if to indicate that he was a primal focus of their efforts. "The dunce needs to get his words right."

"I suppose we should work too..." sakura pondered.

"Do you have any ideas?"

Sakura thought to herself. Seeing Naruto put so much effort into his voice, only to be ignored by those around him - it was difficult to witness. To first get the attention of those around them, they needed to first get the townspeople's consent and approval to speak, and depending on if they were curious, they would give the necessary information for them.

As Sakura looked around, she had tried to focus on what could appeal to a mass market. Food stalls, clothes shops, and many others of the sort were dotted around the village. In seeing a craft shop, Sakura had an idea.

"Y'know, because it's really hard to get trees and sugar here, paper's become really expensive here. How much do you have on you?"

"Why are you asking" Sasuke showed visible confusion, however he knew that Sakura was a trustworthy source to tell this sort of information to. "I've got around 3,500G. It's not a lot, but it can get us a few sheets."

"Let's see... I have 4,000, and as for Naruto..." Sakura ran to her friend. "Hey, Naruto, how much money do you have on you."

Their friend stopped his loud shouts in order to bring out his pouch. As he looked towards the frog-like pouch, he opened the seal on it only to invoke Sakura's disappointment.

"1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 10!" Naruto beamed. "10G!"

"That's not exactly worth anything, Naruto..." sakura groaned.

"Do you need it for anything?" Naruto asked, however Sakura thought not to tell her friend in order to avoid any concerns.

"No. I was just curious. I don't need the money." Sakura smiled quickly, in order to sell her lie. "Thanks for the help, though!" As Sakura ran back to Sasuke to relay her information, she spoke once more to keep him caught up. "No use relying on Naruto, but I'd say it's a good idea to pull what we have and buy some sheets and tools for drawing."

"3,500 and 4,000G should make us 7,500, which is enough for about 15 sheets of paper, thanks to how paper is so damn expensive here. How would that carry us further than Naruto's voice?"

"Because unlike using Naruto," Sakura's eyes showed a visible glint. It was clear she was proud of this idea. "Paper can be relayed and carried around the village. We need to make our message clear, big, and strong. We can then split up and spread the message, and once that's done, people will share it depending on how well we did making it."

"I'll admit, that's a simple strategy, but I can see it's worth a shot. With the stationary needed to make it look good, we're looking at 10 sheets only, with the rest being used to buy us some good ink brushes."

"That's fine. We can manage. It's a risk-reward strategy, and for this round - we're going all-in!"

Sakura smirked. Their idea was seemingly preposterous, but Sasuke got some enjoyment from seeing his friend so smug from this plan. As he shared her feelings, they both walked towards the shop.

"That's a bet I can take!" Sasuke stated. "Now we just need to leave the rest to Gaara."

-

Gaara's sand jutsu was found to be incredibly useful. The trio of siblings, and Hinata had managed to find a good area of the town to gather up a multitude of people, and as the group proudly smirked at their findings, they knew they  could only rely on their friends to make their message heard. As Kankuro and Temari watched over their little brother, they had worry within them.

"You okay there, Gaara?" Temari patted her hand on her brother's shoulder. "It's a big dream, to be kazekage. Are you ready to do everything for it?"

"If I am unable to take the throne, then someone else with the same hatred you once had for me will do so. That's not something I desire, and I plan to change the village for good."

"You're right. We can't have a village ruled with fear." Temari agreed.

"Strike while the iron is hot!" Kankuro jumped into the conversation. "That's how I'd do things, and I'll say your big bro is proud that you're keeping to it! Ain't that right, Hinata?" Kankuro, unaware of her shy nature, had pointed to Hinata.

"Um, yes..." she shied away, however Gaara appreciated the sentiment given by his 3 companions.

"That's right. With no kazekage here, I have an ample opportunity to take my chances and ascend."

"Damn right!" Kankuro beamed. "Let's hope those Leaf idiots do us a solid. You know what to do regardless of if they manage to reach everyone on time, right?"

"Yes. Don't worry, Kankuro. I will act accordingly."

As the group looked upon the clouds, they had noticed that today was less of a hotter day than usual. Was this a good sign, or another lie that Gaara had yet to face in his life? For now, the sand siblings could only hope and wish for what they most wanted.

-

Naruto's voice had rung across the streets by now. At this point, he was expecting a huge crowd to have already gathered to witness his great speech by now, but no such thing had visited him. Strangely, Sakura and Sasuke had left, and he had yet to know what they were up to. As he continued raising his voice, Naruto noticed his throat getting more sour.

"Come on, people!" He bellowed. "Gaara as a kazekage; isn't that amazing?"

This was the first time that Naruto had mentioned the name of his friend. Immediately, everyone had brought their attention towards him. Naruto, unaware that he had said something potentially taboo, had made a smirk upon his face in recognition that he had said something worthwhile.

"'The hell you on about?" It was an old man shouting back to Naruto. His voice rung loud, and immediately many more had their interest piqued through this cry.

"You know exactly what I mean!" Naruto jumped up in enthusiasm, feeling as if he was on a lucky streak. "Face it, people, this village is a mess. Your kazekage is undecided, and your Chûnin for this year are on a short supply. Who's to say anyone is even qualified for this job? Gaara's been your weapon for so long, so why not use him? He can definitely protect this village, and I'll bet none of you could make me eat my words!"

Naruto smiled. It was a rough smile, but he wanted to let everyone know that he was there for them. As silence had settled, it took almost a full minute for everyone to realise that Naruto was completely serious. Suddenly, they responded. The very words they gave were not the ones that Naruto had hoped for.

"Stupid Leaf!"

"Damn youths!"

"What sort of crap is this?"

Naruto stumbled back in a panic. What did he say to anger everyone? Suddenly, his speech had immediately gone downhill. As he looked around, he could see the angry faces upon everyone. Why was Gaara becoming kazekage such a seemingly preposterous idea? It reminded him all too much of Naruto's own childhood. It was upsetting. Suddenly, without warning, something had set off within Naruto.

"How'd the monster put you up to this?"

A glass of wine was thrown. Naruto did not make an effort to avoid it. As it landed near him on the ground, the remaining shards of glass had split open, and fresh wounds had been brought upon Naruto's open holes on his sandles. The blood slowly drizzled its way down to the ground, and slowly the red liquid mixed itself with that of the wine on the floor. Naruto didn't react. Whilst at first he was sad, this transformed to anger, and soon enough he thought of the similar sort of experiences shared with him and Gaara.

"You think you're entitled to call him a monster just because you gave him the claw accessories?" Naruto muttered. Everyone had shown confusion, and a few people had even dared to inch closer to him, but he did not take notice. "'The hell you think you are?" He screamed.

Suddenly, he had accidentally let it loose in anger. Those in the area who were experienced Shinobi had already picked up a vast amount of chakra seeping out of Naruto, and were on the move. In a flash, he had been restrained, and pulled to the ground. Naruto had little time to react, but it did not take him long to realise why he was such a danger to everyone in this moment. In noticing that Naruto had such rage within him, the seal had weakened, allowing the Nine-tails to take action to try and escape.

By this point, almost everyone in the area could see the red chakra seeping out of him. "Stupid fox!" Naruto muttered. "I'll ask you all again! You think you're all entitled to think of us as monsters just because you made it that way? That's bullcrap!" He did not fight back. The faces given towards him of fear and morbid curiosity were more than enough for Naruto to make his point, and the pain of the sand shinobi's restraints did little in scaring him. "Who decided that monster's would always be the ones on the evil side? The way I see it, you don't have a right to do anything when we're willing to be contained!"

His shouts had reached but a few people, however the news of this event would further reach the village. Soon enough, this had been complimented by Sakura's posters, until eventually Gaara's desire to become kazekage had become widely known in the span of only a few hours. Soon enough, everyone would gather at the centre of the village. Only time could tell if Gaara's venture would be successful.

-

"Oh, uh, I see people!" Hinata had jumped in surprise. With her byakugan enabled, she was being used as a scout by the siblings. "Naruto... how far are you going for your friends?"

"What did the idiot do?" Temari asked, however Hinata was too frightful to answer.

She had seen the event only a few seconds after it started. It pained her to see her loved one being restrained, however she knew that she still had a mission to do. In an attempt to cheer herself up, she believed that eventually Yamato would save him later on in the day. For now, the group simply had to wait for a signal from Sakura or Sasuke, telling them to go ahead with their plans.

"Nevermind Naruto," Kankuro pointed elsewhere. "I see the other two. They're heading this way."

Kankuro was correct. With only a few seconds to spare, Sakura and Sasuke had appeared with little hesitation. The plan had been set up, and finally it was time to accelerate the reputation of Gaara. As the Sand Siblings looked upon their friends, they knew it was time.

"Don't let Naruto's little misadventure go to waste!" Sakura bellowed.

"Let them have it!" Sasuke followed.

"Um, You can do it." Hinata encouraged.

"We'll be there if you lose your balance!" Temari winked.

"Try not to show off too hard. I need a few of the attention for myself as well." Kankuro joked.

It was time. Slowly and slowly, a massive crowd of people had already gathered. The very centre of the village was being filled to the brim, and Gaara had known this was his chance. Using his Sand Jutsu, he levitated himself to gain massive height. He made it just high enough to be seen by almost everyone in the village, but he was close enough to not be lost within earshot of the centre of the village.

Seeing the determined looked of Sakura, Sasuke, Hinata, Temari, and Kankuro helped him gain confidence. Somewhere out in the distance, he wanted to imagine Naruto was watching too. Gaara had heard that friends often 'showed off' to one another when one had achieved something that the other could not. Soon enough, he would be doing the very same thing.

"I want to be kazekage!" He spoke with the most conviction he could muster in his life, and immediately the audience had their attention fixed towards Gaara. "I am a jinchûriki - one who was feared and used by almost all in this very village. I lived a secluded life; a hateful one filled with regret over my existence. Ever since the Chûnin Exams, I have wanted to seek redemption. I seek change, knowledge, and togetherness. I seek all those qualities that you already have. I want it in greater form," Gaara prepared himself. As he breathed a heavy breath, his voice rung out with intensity never shown before by him. "so I ask you all to accept me as kazekage!"

The very thought sent everyone in a mental frenzy. Never before, had a jinchûriki of the Sand Village wanted or even thought of such an action. As everyone whispered and muttered amongst themselves, Gaara could sense the fear and confusion from miles away.

"What the hell made you think we would just accept you with that role?" An anonymous voice rung out.

Gaara knew the pattern that was about to ensue. Soon enough, someone else would pitch in to help the outcry, and this meeting would turn to shambles as soon as everyone had began to fire a flurry of insults towards Gaara. He came prepared. Gaara knew how to stop it.

"Who-"

"I am a jinchûriki!" Gaara interrupted. He had successfully stopped the impending doom. "That fact will never be forgotten. I will always be detested, hated, and pursued. I will bring the very village's name to shame in taking the place of kazekage. I will still try, and I will still be what our previous leader was and more! Your previous kazekage - my father - was a man who never showed love to me. I want to redeem that mistake. I aim to show you all the strifes I will take to ensure your safety. You will all see me take my role, and I can already assume you are aware of the siblings I have who will help ensure your safety in the event I go maniacal."

Everyone continued staying speechless. The group below knew that it was far too difficult to attempt to become kazekage. Gaara still had a plan, though, and whether he would use it was a question that everyone still had. As the silence intensified, the mood grew still at an awkward point. 

"Kill me." Gaara spoke with little notice of any potential consequences. "I will descend downwards, and I want you all to try and kill me."

This was it. As Gaara floated to the ground, Sakura noticed it. The frightened expressions on everyone's faces had grown to resemble anger. They truly wanted to get rid of Gaara.

"Wait, wouldn't the tailed beast inside of Gaara be free if he were to die?" Sakura turned back to the siblings, who had already accepted what was going to happen.

"It takes a lot to usually seal it; that is true. You should remember one thing, though," Temari pointed towards Gaara and the mass of people before him. "when anger is your main driving force, there's never any need for reason or logic to come into play."

A scream had come. Without any warning, a fireball had emerged and aimed itself towards the direction of Gaara. With little effort, it had been evaporated with just a barrier of sand to disperse it. A flurry of shurikens were sent soon after, and eventually all manners of styles had been thrown at the hated jinchûriki. With quick deflections, Gaara had avoided every attack. It was growing. The potential violence was increasing, and thus the team had to back away from the area.

As Temari and Kankuro looked back, they gave their final message before leaving him for good. "It's all on you, brother. Don't mess things up."

On-and-on, he had kept on deflecting any and all attacks sent towards him. Eventually, Gaara had grasped the rhythm of the scenario, and as he noted the potential danger of the area, he had sent his sand in radical areas. They were sent for various reasons: to protect any innocents from potential crossfire, to make sure no damages were done to the environment, and to allow himself to seem like a powerful force. Sooner and sooner, the attacks had reached a rising point.

All of this had happened, and Gaara was yet to reach any injuries on himself. He could see the raging intensity carried by the group, but he did not feel any sadness for this. He knew very well that this rage was a result of fear, and that fear was a result of confusion on whether Gaara was a potential threat. Gaara knew that he was used as a weapon only because he had no other designated purpose. He could only become a tool, as that's what people saw him as. This time, he would be the very opposite of a weapon - he would become a shield!

The force and rapidity of the attacks slowed down. As Gaara controlled his sand to adapt to this new change, he rose up all that he had accumulated with this interaction. Finally, all that was left was the heavy breathes of the public in front of Gaara.

He walked backwards. Giving just enough space to allow it all to be seen, Gaara raised his hands. "Release!" He shouted, and instantly confusion had once again hit the village - until finally it had all come down.

Every single shuriken thrown at him, and every single weapon striked towards his direction; they had all tumbled down into the ground. To avoid any injuries, Gaara had moved his sand around to stop them from bouncing back and harming people, until finally a huge pile of shurikens remained on the ground.

"This is the amount of hate you all carry for me. I cannot say that I'm surprised, but I'm dissatisfied nonetheless." In using his sand to move the weapons away again, he walked forwards. "We could use this to protect the village, rather than fighting amongst ourselves. These weapons were made for so many purposes, and yet you are using them for the thing they were designed to never do: to harm those you love."

As the most violent of crowds looked at what Gaara had been referring to, he had continued speaking. "Will little care, comes great consequence. I have protected those who were in the range of harm's way, and I have also stopped any damages to the surroundings being made." Finally, he had found the moment he was waiting for. Immediately, Gaara gave it his all. "I will say it again: I want to become kazekage, and I want your support! Give me this privilege! I want it incredibly so! With this role, I will ensure the very same protection I gave you today. Please! Allow me protect you all, and we can fight together!"

In such a short amount of time, Gaara had been able to do all that which was most desired of a kazekage. He had shown great care for his people, and had taken action to protect those he had been responsible for the most. Slowly and slowly, everyone in the crowd had finally come to realise just how much they had been underutilising Gaara. He had finally been given respect.

-

There was much work to be done after this great gathering. As everyone had protested for Gaara's crowning of kazekage, the group was more than happy to inform Naruto that his bizzarre technique had worked in attempting to get more people to take notice of Gaara. Sooner than later, he was to be renamed with his well-deserved title in the span of a few days. Naturally, the group had gotten in trouble with Yamato for attempting such a dangerous operation, however they were soon forgiven later on, after the realisation that little harm was done had been made.

As the group gathered outside of the village to say their farewells, Naruto smiled to the sand siblings. "Welp, we finally did it!" Naruto grinned. "When I finally get back here, you better expect to see us in equal roles. Ya' hear me?"

"I hear it well." Gaara smiled. "Thank you, Naruto. This would not have been possible without you and your group."

The rest of the team had smiled in being noticed, and as Gaara held out his hand for Naruto to shake, a moment was taken for Naruto to truly comprehend this. He thought back to everything that had happened in the past. The great conflict in the Leaf Village seemed like nothing but a distant nightmare. In smiling back at his friend, Naruto shook the hand of Gaara. Soon enough, it was time to leave.

As the group said their final goodbyes, Naruto looked back to the village in the walk back. He had told Gaara beforehand about how he communicated with the Nine-tailed Fox, and how that had ended up. Before leaving, he made sure to ask Gaara if maybe attempting to talk to Gaara's own tailed beast would work, however whether Gaara would attempt this would become a great mystery.

As the years would go by, great conflicts would take place. More dangers would await, and even more truths would be discovered. Everyone was approaching the climax of their youths, and soon enough it would be apparent.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

Stuck De lauren

Fanfiction

2.7K 33 15
Sasuke returns to Konoha after a long year of remote missions, just to capture a group of bandits with team 7, how with things go? what will happen w...
13.8K 505 20
Naruto is shy, scared and lonely after a "fight" with Itachi, no one knows what happened during their mission during Naruto's night watch. He's been...
1.1M 52.1K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
1.2M 31.6K 83
Two and a half years have passed since Team 7 was torn apart. Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and Mariah have all studied under masters. What will happen whe...