One of the Greats

Por cclikestoread123

*This is no longer a oneshot story. It is officially a story with a real plot. This is post-Civil War. Please... Más

Introduction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
EXTRA!
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Epilogue

Chapter 1

84 7 19
Por cclikestoread123

Okay, this is my first time writing about the Avengers so please tell me if anything seems off!

Also, in this specific story oneshot(with multiple parts according to the title) Peter is against team Cap and Steve(Most of the time).This is kind of based off of a oneshot I read, kind of not because it's my writing but it has the same point to it which is Peter being amazing and overprotective and putting all of the Rogue Avengers in their place. (Don't fight me though. I love all of their characters :)

Thank you!

___________________________

The Avengers were Earth's mightiest heroes. They had defeated aliens and criminal organizations, fought in multiple wars, but they still didn't know who Spider-Man was.

Well, until a couple weeks after the Civil War.

The rogue Avengers had been invited to the tower to fix the Sokovian Accords so it could be approved by the whole team.  They were still under constant surveillance, but being the Avengers, it wasn't exactly the best idea to have them at gunpoint if someone decided their coffee was a little bit too bitter. 

The tension between the two sides had grown since the war. Everyone was on edge, especially Tony and Steve. They still hadn't spoken since what happened in Siberia, the event leaving a permanent scar on both of them. They had been best friends before, almost brothers, but the whole deal with the Accords had done some irreversible damage. 

As the rogue Avengers made their way up the tower in the elevator, the atmosphere seemed to shift as they realized what they were getting themselves into. This whole situation could go downhill fast if something sparked a confrontation between the two men. Sam slowly shifted towards the front of the elevator and in front of Steve. Maybe some sort of barrier could calm him down if the two came face to face. 

The moment the doors opened, the group was greeted by the sound of Tony's voice...and someone else's.

"Mr. Stark, you promised that you would help me with the suit design."

"I told you I have an important meeting, Peter. I can't just drop everything for you, you know."

Something in his tone sounded like he might.

"Yes, and I understand Mr. Stark-"

"How many times have I told you to call me Tony, kid?" Tony's voice cut him off.

"Too many to count," the voice replied with a sigh.

"Very funny," Tony said, finally coming into view as he rounded the corner. 

Trailing behind him was a kid barely around the age of 15 or 16. His head was bent down over a gadget he was fiddling with in his hands, his eyes squinting in concentration. Despite his little amount of focus of the world around him, he moved swiftly around the multiple objects that were in the room, including a concrete pillar that ran straight through the floor and the ceiling. 

Clint cleared his throat as both Tony and the kid's heads snapped to where the group were standing.

"I wasn't expecting you until 10:30," Tony announced, the exhaustion and obvious annoyance clear in his voice.

"We took a quicker route," Steve nodded, tilting his head to where the jet stood on the landing pad outside the glass windows. 

The kid's eyes widened at this information as he placed what he was toying with down on the coffee table. 

"Who's the kid?" Bucky asked from behind the group. 

Tony opened his mouth to speak but the kid beat him to it.

"Peter Parker, sir," he said, his voice hard. His eyes surveyed the group, staring at them intently as he backed up to lean against one of the walls. They shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

 "Who is this kid? He's too old to be his...right?" Scott whispered as Bucky shrugged.

Peter seemed to go stiff at this information.

"I'm his personal intern," his voice rising over the conversation that had started between the two. The two gave him incredulous looks as they looked at him and back at each other. The group was at least 10 or 15 feet away. There was no way he could have heard that, especially with them whispering. 

The elevator behind them dinged, and in walked Natasha and Rhodey. 

"Well," Tony muttered, finally speaking up. "Let's begin, shall we?"

Tony led them to a conference room with the Accords projected onto the table. Vision was already sitting down near the end of the table, so he become the divider between the two groups: Tony's on the right, Cap's on the left.

"The Wakandan king was not able to make it due to personal reasons, but he said we could go forward with the meeting without him," Tony announced as he sat down. 

"What excuse is he using to get out of this?" Sam questioned from his position at the table, arms crossed over his chest.

"His father's funeral," Tony answered.

The room went quiet as they waited for Tony to give them each their own personal holographic book of the Accords. Cap spoke first, his gaze immediately shifting to Tony. 

"So I'm guessing the government still has control over this whole thing."

"Yes, but we at least have a say in what they can or can't put in the Accords. We get to decide our boundaries and where we stand as an ally for the government. That's what this meeting is for. Mostly," Tony responded.

"What do you mean 'mostly'?" Wanda asked, the obvious panic in her voice not helping the rising tension.

"There was someone at that fight who wasn't part of the original Accords."

"Who?" Bucky asked as he recalled the people who were there during the battle. There was Natasha, Tony, Steve, Sam, Rhodey, Vision, Wanda, T'Challa, Clint, Scott, and....

"Spider-man," Steve answered. 

Sam looked shocked as he turned to face Tony.

"Who is he anyway?" He asked Tony, not bothering to hide the accusing tone in his voice. 

"You know him, don't you?"

"Yes, I do," Tony answered, seeming unfazed by the question. "But he wants his identity a secret."

"Fury's going to ask for him eventually, Stark," Natasha spoke up from her spot next to Rhodey. 

"I know that, Nat. But we have to respect his wishes. Putting him in the fine print gives the government control over him. What if that's not what he needs right now?"

"How do you know what he needs?" Steve almost shouted from across the table. "Tony, he got involved-"

"-I recruited him-"

"It doesn't matter! For all we know, he could have been a part of Hydra's plan the whole time!" Steve shouted, standing up and toppling over the chair behind him. 

"Are you freaking kidding me Steve? You're trying to tell me the person I recruited was working for the agency we were trying to DEFEAT?!"

In the background, nobody noticed the teenager shaking as he covered his ears amidst the fight.

The avengers watched in horror as the two leaders unraveled in front of their eyes. No one intervened, no one protested. These were powerful men each with their own strengths and weaknesses. One wrong move from either side they might start another fight.

At least they'd be lucky enough to initiate one instead of watching the screaming match that was holding everyone's attention. 

Peter uttered a quiet "stop" but no one could hear him over the chaos.

"Tony, all you ever make is irrational decisions! How are we supposed to function as a team-"

"TEAM? What team?! The whole reason we are in this mess is because you couldn't agree with the terms the government had laid out-"

"What's the point of following the law if the law isn't fair?"

"It doesn't matter if it's fair. It keeps people safe-"

"-at the expense of their happiness-"

"Happiness doesn't matter compared to safety, Steve. How can people be happy if their government is oppressing them due to injustice-"

"Injustice has nothing to due with the law-"

"-it had everything to do with your cause way back when-"

"What war did you think I fought in?"

"The same one my father did," Tony challenged, his voice hard and determined. The conversation seemed to be taking a serious turn.

"But I don't see you and your friend here having any remorse for his actions-"

"Stop, please," Peter's voice trembled as he forced himself to speak louder, but still no one heard him.

"Don't get him involved in this, Tony!" Steve seethed.

Why not?! Why shouldn't your team know the truth?! You knew and you protected this son of a-"

"Don't even say it!"

"You aren't giving me a reason not too! You picked a side! Don't start taking it out on mine!"

"I should be telling you the same thing."

"Go ahead. Try me. If you even THINK I'm going to-"

"SHUT UP!"

All pairs of eyes turned to the boy who was huddled in the corner, hands over his ears, tears flowing down his cheeks.

"Kid-" Tony started.

"You have three seconds."

"What?" Tony and Steve gasped in unison, staring at Peter in shock.

"Three seconds until I web you to the wall," Peter grunted, not meeting Tony's gaze and instead staring at Captain America. 

Steve looked at the boy in the corner.

"Wait a minute-"

"1."

Sam looked at Cap and back at the kid who was struggling to stand, the fight seeming to have some effect on him. 

This kid....was he who they thought he was?

"2."

Everyone in the room stood up from their chairs, their eyes focused on the boy who was poised to attack. Tony looked at his intern with a look of confusion and absolute shock. 

Steve voice was barely a whisper as he pleaded with the boy he had barely known for 15 minutes.

"We can talk this through. Let's be civilized. People could be watching."

But he knew he was wrong. The moment they stepped in the room he saw the shades that had been drawn, the process that was put in place for privacy from the public. Whatever happened in this room, stayed in this room.

And he knew this kid knew that. He was Stark's personal intern. At any rate, he had access to the whole building's infrastructure and private lab. 

And that did nothing to help calm him down. This kid was staring at him like he was the devil, and even worse, he looked absolutely ruthless. He looked ready to kill. 

"Please. Just take a seat and we can work this out," he asked one last time, his hand outstretched to the teen. 

But peace wasn't always the answer.

"3."

__________________________________

OMG! This was so dramatic, um, so I'm going to try to update sooner than later because I am so invested in this right now.

Hope you all enjoyed! And again, please tell me what you think. I would love to take suggestions if you guys would like! Thank you so much!

But on another note, thank you all so much for all of these reads! 

Juke Oneshots: 1.6k reads

JATP(Juke): 1.4k reads

I am so grateful! You guys are the best!!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

183K 3.6K 35
Just some Peter Parker and Avengers oneshots (mostly irondad and spiderson) Contains hurt, angst, fluff etc., and all your cliché plots with a little...
481K 15.6K 27
A story about Peter Parker and his abusive aunt, and how Tony Stark shows him how to fight his demons. *** summary; Peter Parker's aunt, May...
55.1K 2.2K 20
The Stark family has started to mend the broken bond between them and the rogue avengers. After the incident with Doctor Octopus, things finally seem...
1.6K 25 10
!!! IT'S NOT STARKER !!! !!! IT'S COMPLETE AND REVIEWED !!! Tony Stark and Steve Rogers adopt the amazing and sweet Peter Parker, who has lost all hi...