Born To Be

NightTime_Storiexs

The kingdom of Zariya. Prince Archer of Zariya. Evelyn, a citizen of Zariya. The prince has now turned twenty... Еще

Characters
1| Cherie
2| Pins
3| Chocolate
4| Adored
5| Bribe
6| Torture
7| Jealous
8| Deal
9| Defeat
10| Word
11| Hopes
12| Welcomed
13| Seek
14| Night
15| Stare
16| Distraction
17| Pure
18| Logical
19| Discipline
20| Photograph
21| Life
22| Enough
23| Bloom
24| Revelation
25| Electricity
26| Flip
27| Disease
28| Rules
29| Chase
30| Marry
31| Apart
32| You
33| Value
34| Farewell
35| Theatre
36| Alone
37| Soul
38| Disgrace
39| Match
40| Proposal
41| Love
42| Recap
43| Knot
44| Sinking
45| Epiphany
46| Fantasy
47| Spoiled
48| Pearls
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

49| Yes

29.5K 1.1K 295
NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 49: Yes (Evelyn's POV)

I was brushing my teeth after just changing into my pajamas when the door opened and Archer came in. He just stood there, looking at me. I couldn't tell if that's what he came to do or if he came to do something else and has forgotten what it was. I finished brushing my teeth before turning to him. 

"I could have been naked," I said. 

"Yeah, um. Unfortunately, you weren't."

I rolled my eyes, turning to leave but he continued to block my way. "Are we sleeping in the bathroom tonight? What are you doing?" I laughed when he picked me up and seated me on the counter. 

"Do you have a dress for the engagement party yet?" he asked, standing between my legs. 

I shook my head, "My mom is making it, I'm not allowed to see it until she's finished. It's meant to be a surprise." 

"Then I suppose I'll have to ask your mother for the color of my tie," he sighed. 

I shrugged. "Isn't your suit navy blue?" 

He nodded. 

"Then my dress probably matches that," I stated. 

"All right," he mumbled while putting my hair over my shoulders. 

"I'm tired," I whined. "Can we go to sleep?" 

"Give me a kiss first." I leaned up, quickly pecking his lips. "Mm-mm," he shook his head. "A real kiss." 

"Was that one fake?" I asked sarcastically. 

He chuckled, nodding before stepping closer. He tilted my chin up and we were about to kiss when... 

"Evelyn!" 

I sighed, pushing him back slowly before hopping off and coming out into my room just as my mother came in. "Yes?" I asked. 

"I just came to let you know, we're working late tomorrow, hmm? We won't be back in time for dinner." 

"Why?" I frowned in confusion. 

"Well, because I need to let you try the dress on. It'll be finished by tomorrow morning, then we'll just alter it." 

"Can't we do my fitting on another day?" I am so confused, we have the whole week ahead of us, why is she rushing it? 

"No, I'll be too busy making dresses for the other girls. Tomorrow, hmm?" 

"All right," I shrugged. And then she left. I didn't think much about it and just blew it off, turning around to get in bed, seeing Archer come out of the bathroom while pulling his shirt off. 

He pulled it off with one hand and then tossed it on the floor beside the right side, where he would sleep. I watched him suspiciously. He's acting weird. He sat down and then looked up at me in confusion. "What?" he chuckled. 

"You're acting weird," I said while walking over, lying on my stomach beside him, my legs rocking back and forth in the air. 

"I'm not acting weird, you're thinking too much about it." He leaned back against the headboard, taking my hand and playing with my fingers. 

"What are you thinking of doing, Archer?" I laughed. 

"Nothing, I promise," he laughed with me, pulling me up to straddle him. 

"I trust you," I chuckled, brushing his hair out of his eyes. 

"I love you," he smiled. 

"I love you." I pecked his cheek while he still lay asleep in bed. 

"I'm leaving, bye." It was now the next morning and I was heading off to Cherie for work and then, later on, my fitting. 

He groaned before grabbing my wrist and pulling me to sit beside where he lay. "Where are you going?" he mumbled, rolling over and putting his head in my lap. 

"I'm going to work," I answered while running my fingers through his hair. 

"Why?" he whined. "I want to cuddle," he said sleepily. 

"We can cuddle tonight, but I have to go right now, okay? Make sure to get up and get your work done today for the party, hmm?" 

"Hmm," he nodded absentmindedly. 

"Bye." I leaned down, kissing his cheek. He pulled back and went back to sleep while I stood up, grabbed my keys, and then left. I walked to Cherie with my mom and we opened and started the shop, following the daily routine. 

Throughout the day, we had many clients and customers coming in, including Mila, Caroline, and Candace. I knew Archer wasn't dropping by for lunch today, he told me that last night. Currently, I was using chalk and drawing on the changes on Caroline's dress while she stood there like a mannequin. 

"Where did you go yesterday? From Fun & Food?" I questioned. 

"He showed me the kingdom." 

I gave her a pointed look. "Surely that not all you two did. He must have taken you somewhere special," I chuckled. 

"We went to this bridge first." The bridge. There's only one in Zariya. "And then he took me to the other side. Did you know there's a strawberry field there? Apparently, he knows the couple that runs it. Nobody owns the land but they grow and sell strawberries through the entire kingdom," she explained with a wide grin on her face. 

"Have you met Max before yesterday?" I asked. 

"He was there at the announcement ball. He was a waiter. I spoke to him a little bit, he seemed great. But then there were too many people for me to speak to him alone." 

"And now that you did, what are your thoughts?" I sang tauntingly. 

She looked at me while I grabbed the measuring tape. "I think I want to marry him," she sighed almost dreamily. "He's so sweet, he has my heart," she chuckled. 

I smiled, shaking my head. 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

Now, I was the one standing like a mannequin, waiting for my mother to finish the marking. 

And then the shop phone rang. My mom went and answered it. "Hello?" She cleared her throat before saying, "All right. Ten minutes." She wrapped up the dress altering quickly and then turned to me. "Go change, we're finally done," she grinned. 

I went and changed into my clothes, hanging the dress in the backroom before my mother and I packed up and then headed home. When we got there, the lights were all off. I thought my dad or Archer would be home by now. "Where is dad?" I asked while pulling out my keys. 

She shrugged in response. 

"And Archer?" I questioned. 

"Shouldn't you know, darling?" she laughed. 

I chuckled, fishing my keys and unlocking the door. I stepped inside and stopped right in my tracks. "Mom," I said breathlessly. She pushed me inside and closed the door behind me. I stood still, staring at all the lit-up candles and the rose petals scattered across the entire house. I hung the keys on the coat hanger and held my breath, following the trail of rose petals and candles upstairs. My heart started pounding out of my chest. 

"Uh... A-Archer?" I called out, slowly heading upstairs. 

No answer. 

I took in a deep breath when I reached my room. I grabbed the handle but I didn't get the chance to open it. 

"Boo!" he whispered in my ear. I gasped loudly, nearly shrieking. He chuckled, "Hi." 

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked without turning around to see him. 

He put his hands over my eyes and then I heard my bedroom door opening. "Keep walking," he said softly in my ear. 

"Archer-" 

"Trust me," he laughed. 

I took a few steps inside until he told me to stop. I heard the door close behind me and then he slowly pulled his hands down. But I was too scared to open my eyes. 

I heard him shuffling before he told me to open my eyes. "Come on, babe, open your eyes," he chuckled. 

I cleared my throat, clenching and unclenching my fists before I opened my eyes. I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. "Oh my god, Archer," I whispered. 

He smiled, standing still in front of me. "You look so shocked," he grinned. 

Rose petals and candles were scattered across my room as well but right at the foot of my bed, there were pillows and blankets set up for us to sit there. "Archer, what are you doing?" I asked when his hand dipped into his pocket. 

He pulled out a small navy, velvet box. 

"Archer." 

He stepped closer. 

"Archer." 

He let out a short laugh. "Why are you freaking out?" 

"Babe," I laughed while he grabbed my hand. And then he kneeled on one knee. "Archer..." I'm currently screaming inside. 

"Stop," he chuckled. "Breathe." 

I took in a deep breath before letting it out. 

"Evelyn Grace Harrington..." 

"You know my middle name," I whispered. 

He let out a chuckle, stopping himself quickly. "Don't make me laugh," he shook his head. "Evelyn Grace Harrington," he tried again. "Will you do me the honor of being my bride and wife?" 

I held my breath. 

"Will you marry me?" 

I was nodding before I knew it. "Yes! Yes, yes, yes! Oh my God, yes!" I laughed. 

He put the ring on my finger before standing up. He grabbed my waist and the back of my neck, pulling me into a gentle kiss. I grinned helplessly against his lips, kissing him back harder. He pecked my lips, making me giggle. He pulled back, looking at the ring on my finger while my eyes followed. "Do you like it?" 

I nodded, swallowing hard, trying to catch my breath. "It's beautiful!" 

"Evelyn, I love you," he said. 

"I love you," I smiled, kissing him again, pulling his lips down to mine.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 49

it was a little cliche but idk how else to write proposals OKAY?

Anyways

now we've got two more epilogues and then we're doneeeeee

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

HER LAP OF LUXURY Hiyashree Medhi

Подростковая литература

986 343 19
"I hate you, Evan", my heart broke as I hear Evelyn say with tears in her eyes. "It's good for you to hate me", I answered her waving a final goodby...
6.5K 171 36
A spoiled elvish princess in love with a lowly soldier. Unfortunately (well, fortunately. But don't tell her that) she will come to realize her life...
Tell Me You Love Me NightTime_Storiexs

Любовные романы

2.5M 86.1K 45
Brielle is the beloved daughter of the town's Pastor. The perfect church girl. The angel child. To the world. River is the prince of Ashbourne. The d...