Changing Fate | BL

Von Ardent_Refugee

:: Neither a villain nor a protagonist. A simple but harmless background character who had little importance... Mehr

A Different Body
Home
Heroine and Villainess
Council Members
Memories
Studying
Challenges
Wilting
Outing
Final Stages of Acceptance
His Own Reality
Healing Hands
Turning Wheels
Stray
Truth Revealed
Aftermath
Perspectives
Realization
The Beginning

School

10.1K 506 237
Von Ardent_Refugee

[All the ties are red so I guess ignore the tie colors coordination?]

::

Silence.

Days pass and school starts. The sun was shining brightly, beaming down at the ground and onto the passing people and objects made by mankind.

Acton was currently in a carriage with Alex and Cade, heading to the direction to the school. He still found himself feeling empty. He found it hard to eat even with the pangs of hungry and pain. He didn't sleep much either and it was obvious on his appearance.

He wondered why he felt this way, something he wondered if he would be any happier if he was still alive before. But he knew it wouldn't have changed, nothing would have, in a sick sense this body swapping made him realize what he had until it was too late. What he could've had. What he never will have anymore.

It stressed him out to realize his loss. He lost track of time, lost himself for a moment. He was really pathetic now that he thought of it. He ignored the concern look his 'mother' gave him, nodding with red eyes as she promised to write to him whenever she could.

He was helpless when it came to dealing with emotions now that he realized it, he never realized how numbed his emotions were until now, finally getting the real bursts and strong emotions of anger, sadness, guilt, and loneliness.

He didn't bother to make a conversation with the others in the carriage, staring outside the window but squinting his eyes for awhile as it was bright and he was locked up in his dark room the whole time.

Acton looked terrible. Even Cade seemed slightly curious about his mental and psychical state though he knows just as much as the butler and his parents. Cade only knew about the desperate and pitiful expressions Acton showed towards Alex simply because Alex told him. Cade didn't know what to think about Acton at the moment. Nor the thing Alex told him he felt because of Acton...

He found himself interested at the younger adult reactions. He couldn't grasp why his new brother would mop this much when he finally gained a stable life. He no longer needed to clean or worry about money so why did he breakdown? Cade couldn't help but find it strange. So much so that he found Acton interesting.

Acton on the other hand was just hoping college could distract him for awhile. He somehow found comfort in school. He never hated learning at times, it just depended on the teacher and how well they taught the subject. His whole life was surrounded by learning, he couldn't think of doing anything else but that.

He played with the end of his cardigan, feeling comforted by the fabric and thoughts in itself. He found that none of the main characters wore the cardigan much to his surprise but some mob characters wore it such as the pervious Acton. He was also wearing shorts, something the past Acton didn't wear though. The length of the shorts reaching above his knees.

He didn't bother to get his haircut, only a bit trimmed. In fact he didn't really dislike the look just the feeling of the strands brushing against his neck briefly. He didn't like the feeling of hair on his neck, it made him feel uncomfortable, especially when it was hot and it sticked to your nap when you sweat. Though why now it was at a moderate length, barely touching it.

Now that he thought of it, the characters were all introduced today, Acton concluding the creators were probably too lazy to make the heroine meet them individually. Today was also the ceremony where a bunch of monsters came out of nowhere and tried to attack the heroine only to be saved and helped by the capture targets to fight together to kill the monsters.

It was one of the reasons why Acton couldn't sleep much last night. He wish he came here earlier and got more knowledge about his new world and his ability to control plants. He doubt he could've even made a tree at the moment, maybe some spikes and stuff.

So he chose the safest option, just to run away from the monsters.

The carriage halted, the two other people leaving the carriage first. Acton was going to follow suit until he stopped at the sight of the palm towards his way. He was slightly confused at his bulter's action, seeing as this gesture should be mainly used for females. Or that's what he atleast saw in the otome game and crappy mangas his sister lent him. Yet Acton didn't question it much, taking his hand and letting himself take a step down from the carriage.

Acton had absentmindedly followed Cade as he walked to the ceremony, thinking about what type of desserts he going to eat a lunch. Soon they went their separate paths as he was a student council member and Acton was a normal student. He just went into the crowd taking a seat wherever he could.

"Ouch!" Acton lazily turned his head to see a girl flat face on the floor groaning as she sat up. He instantly recognized her appearance, sighing at the heroine clumsiness. Though she was quick to her feet, looking around frantically for a free chair.

Acton noticed how some nobles glared at her when they saw her looking for a chair, knowing she was a low noble. The 7th baron's daughter. If Acton remember correctly she had 14th siblings, her being the youngest one. Meaning she was one with the least power weirdly enough as nobility usually goes off of first borns.

In the background of the heroine story she was said that wasn't loved like her other siblings, she was a maid's daughter who died during childbirth. Her dad despised her as she was the evidence of his affair with his mistresses and concubines, showing that he would never be satisfied with his how many wives he had. Acton was a male himself but he never understood the need to have many wives, sure it helped with creating more children but he hated the thought of being unfaithful. It just sounded miserable for wives, being unloved.

His thoughts were stopped when her eyes connected with Acton's making him slightly frown. 'I guess I can be nice sometimes.'

He pointed at the free chair next to him making the heroine brighten at the gesture, almost running towards the spot and sending a relieved expression.

She had a simple but cute appearance, long wavy brown hair often let lose while her eyes were the same color. She had a spark to her, looking bright as a star that it kinda hurt to see her and her smiles. She seemed a bit childish and a bit malnourished but her eyes held a something along the lines of maturity, showing how independent she truly was.

It didn't seem too hard to fall for her if you got to know her too. She also had one of the rarest magic, holy magic. It was capable of defeating dark magic, though holy magic users usually needed support from other elemental figures. Holy magic was a lost ancient magic derived from the gods of course and even if people were wielders of it, it was hard to master even so. It wasn't something capable of passing on to your children too unlike the other magical abilities, it was something who needed to be blessed by the gods themselves to gain it. Emily only recently activated the power, something she was bullied because they thought of her as powerless.

"Hello! Thank you for letting me sit here! Name is Emily Miller! Nice to meet you!" She introducted with a wide smile, her brown eyes gleaming in happiness. It made Acton give her a small smile at her charms, already feeling comfortable in her presence.

Acton hummed only saying his first name because he didn't really want to say his last name out of laziness and the fact that she may think he was this high and mighty noble when in reality he just became one not so long ago.

After awhile the ceremony started, some professors and councilors talking. Acton didn't pay attention to any of it though noticing the student president and the council members speaking who were, surprise surprise, the capture targets. Expect for one capture target who wasn't in the student council member because they aren't in school to begin with.

But it didn't keep his attention for very long. Well that's until he heard a loud growl.

A large amount of huge and horrid monsters started to charge straight at them, making the crowd go in hysterics and run out of the way. The sights made his nose scrunch up, watching the grotesque figures chasing after helpless students. He decided to run so too until he heard another ouch making him groan.

'Are you serious?'

Reluctantly he turned back offering Emily a hand which she gladly took, though freezing as she stared upwards with fear. Acton felt dread settle in knowing what was behind him already. He turned around to see a massive monster and it's jaw opened to take a bite out of him.

'Crap. I'm scared.'

He felt his jaw clench, his emotions starting to mix together and overpowering his resolve.

'I don't want to die again...'

He barely noticed the ground shaking beneath him, unable to comprehend or even think about the large amount of plants surrounding the monster and latching on it. It seemed to restrain the monster, letting Emily attack the monster instantly.

Acton stood in silence as pieces of monster flesh flew to the ground. At the moment he couldn't conjure any reasoning to this situation, frozen in his place. The only thing that snapped him out of his daze was his wrist being tugged on, noting how Emily was basically dragging him away from the action. But it was in vain, instantly cornered by a group of monsters much to their luck.

He didn't know if he could try and do the same attack he did before as he felt drained, sick, and tired. At the realization that he was truly hopeless, he felt the corners of his eyes sting, staring at death itself.

Emily tried to protect them both this time by making a shield around them, killing a few as she muttered holy magic spells under her breath but it didn't matter as more monsters came together to kill them.

'This is really unfair.'

He thought pitifully, seeing as Emily was dealing with her own issues, unable to save him as one appeared in front of him. He could only close his eyes waiting for the pain to settle.

Yet he felt nothing. He only heard a roar of pain from the monster and the sudden breeze of wind. Acton flinched at the tug he felt on his waist getting grabbed and pushed towards a large torso, the other person jumping away from the monster corpse.

'What the heck?'

Acton blinked a couple of times looking at Cade who was protecting him from yet another monster, carrying him somehow with one arm while doing so. Cade charged into battle, defeating whatever opponents was closest and support the others whenever needed. Acton who was still in Cade's hold could only hopelessly watch as even the heroine was fighting along the capture targets. It made him chuckle bitterly.

'How is that they can attack multiple times yet I can't? God I'm so weak...'

But he remembers his power. It seemed to explode at the thought of death... At this reminder he had a small glimmer of hope and determination. Where he had a chance to be somewhat helpful in this cruel and chaotic world.

He flinched at the sight of the monster who was too close for comfort, at most only 3 feet away until another gush of wind pushed it away, making slashes on the monster's skin. Acton didn't noticed until it died the death grip he practically had on Cade, not bothering to let go out of fear he'll drop him.

Cade glanced down at Acton for a second until he continued forward. There were many times Acton experienced a near death experience, helplessly gripping onto his step brother. He couldn't understand how his step-brother was easily defeating everything in one glance, neither the fact he was fighting with extra weight on him.

"Watch out!" Acton turned his head towards the high pitch voice noting that it was Emily's, watching as she protected a blue haired female from a couple of monsters. She was quick to grab the female in a those cliche princess carrying ways, which made the female blush at Emily.

Acton froze at the appearance of the blue haired girl seeing as her appearance was similar to someone in the otome game. He couldn't believe it yet the person appearance in Emily's arms was the exact replica to that character.

'The villainess...?' Realization settled in, watching as Emily courageously fought to defend the lady.

'...Wait hold on?! Did she just blush?!...'

In the story when you picked the capture target you wanted to pursue, it was told later on in the story that the villainess was saved by them and how she fell madly in love... And since the heroine saved the villainess...

'Oh my god the villainess might fall in love with the heroine!!! I mean I'm all for it but what about the capture targets?! You know what let's not think about it today...'

Acton could only groan into Cade jacket, tired of life at the moment as his brother defeated the last of the monsters. He stopped to check on Acton for a bit with a bit of a conflicted expression, quickly regrouping with the rest.

Cade's hold on Acton and Acton basically holding on to him for his dear life made the others turn towards them. "Is he okay Cade? He looks like he's about to faint." One of them asked with a small laugh, watching Acton's figure with amusement.

Acton was quick to recognized him as a capture target from his dark brown hair and amber eyes, avoiding them as much as possible. He didn't even bother to try and introduce himself, still feeling a bit sick from his near-death experience and constant movement of Cade's. Though Acton still felt uncomfortable at the attention, deciding just to hide his face into Cade's uniform as much as possible.

'Wait why is Cade's heartbeat so fast? It's been a awhile since he was fought the monsters so is he still out of breath? Whatever I'm too tired for this...'

"Young master can you walk?" Acton turned towards his butler, frowning at his question. "Of course I can. I'm not that weak." He replied trying to get out of Cade's hold with a bit of a struggle. He glanced at his brother for a moment to show that he wanted to be released which took Cade awhile to understand. He then reluctantly let go of his younger brother.

Though once both of Acton's feet landed on the ground he could feel how much they felt like jello, stumbling until his legs gave up. "Oh..." Was the only thing he could say as Acton's face burn from embarrassment. He didn't even attempt to get up out of shame.

In retaliation to Alex chuckles, Acton sent a weak glare, noticing how his butler was coming over to him to help him. Reluctantly he took the help from Alex, gaining back his balance.

"I can walk now." Acton said out a bit annoyed, being a bit wobbly as he tried to regain control over his legs. He stumbled for a bit to get them working again, smiling in satisfaction. Though Acton was still slightly trembling from the adrenaline and fear.

Walking towards Emily, Acton questioned if she was okay as he observed the villainess next to her. He noted how she was blushing slightly as the heroine was holding her hand. Acton could tell Emily didn't realize her action though.

"I'm good! Just checking on this girl and if she's okay herself!" She assured with a grin, turning towards the girl herself. "Sister?" Confused, Acton forgot one of the capture target was siblings with the villainess.

If you choose the brother of the villainess route then the villainess would simply deem the heroine unworthy of her brother's love. She didn't love him romantically but after her brother saved her, she realized he wasn't a bad person. The siblings didn't have much of a bond as the capture target was paid attention much more by their father than the villainess making her envious and jealous.

But once her brother showed a slight worry for her, she was quick to try to get more as she was severely deprived of attention and love. Same goes for the other capture targets. It was quite sad knowing that she would usually die in the bad endings too.

It made Acton feel hope that it was possible she could find a happy ending falling in love with the heroine. But he doesn't know if the heroine swings that way.... Maybe he'll try to team to up with villainess to help her gain the heroine's love though and find out the heroine's preferences.

Like said before, Acton didn't mind straying away from the plot or interacting with the characters as at the end his character wasn't deemed to die. He believed that as long as he doesn't do anything to get on their bad sides then his fate will be the same. He will not completely abandon his supporting and small role though, if he has to, he will willingly step out of the story and watch it unfold. It seems like he won't grown as strong as the main characters and he recognized that.

But he did find it concerning that the heroine might not go after the capture targets as the was the purpose of this game. But well this wasn't a game anymore so he kinda doubts it matters anymore. Acton also doubts they will grow any bonds similar to the otome game because of the possibility of Emily being interested in someone else. What makes Acton mostly worried is their yandere tendencies he noticed when playing the game.

They were basically obsessed with the heroine when she barely spoke to them. They never hurt her emotionally or psychically on purpose but their love was suffocating, especially in the bad routes. There was one where one of capture target locked her up and never allowed her to leave their house. It was incredibly concerning to Acton not knowing where this somewhat screwed up affection would be heading towards.

Yet at the same time he wasn't worried. He found that perhaps the capture targets could each love someone different and not have to fight for the same person. There was the route where the heroine had a harem though, the capture targets sharing her. So even if they fell in love with the same person they can possibly share whoever it is.

As long as he could live he wasn't too worried.

He snapped back into reality, watching the siblings stare at each other for a brief second until the brother turned away, helping others. It seems that Acton was the only one who noticed the tension and the nervousness settled on the villainess face as she clings onto the heroine.

He decided not to say anything, only wanting to sleep. He was extremely tired, wondering if he could abuse his power and force his butler to carry him back to his room. With this new idea he decided to go for it.

Acton slightly shuffled his feet towards Alex, though hesitanting at the sight of his frown. as he was taking in the situation. He decided to ask him anyways because he knew his butler shouldn't be rude to Acton since he's now nobility. With that thought in mind Acton felt more reassured, tugging his butler's sleeve to make Alex look down at him.

Acton quickly observed his butler expression and noticed it slightly soften at the sight of him, looking a bit confused and questioning if he needs anything through his gestures. It helped strength his assurance, more willing to ask the question. "Yes young master? " Alex asked making Acton slightly back to nervous now realizing how childish his request was going to be.

"Um... Can you carry me?... I'm kinda tired... but you don't have to!..." Acton asked, rushing his words at the end. At the end he watched his reaction, noticing how his bulter's expression didn't change by much. "Of course young master. "

Acton hesitatingly open his arms, hugging Alex's torso and jumping up to wrap his legs around his bulter's torso, successfully holding onto him like a koala. Alex tensed at the position but put out his hands around Acton's waist to secure his position.

He would never admit it but he always yearned to be held like this by his parents when he was younger. He always watched from afar the affection other children got whether it was through reality or a screen. Those actions seemed so far fetched he decided to leave them all in pursue for success.

But now he finally understood why his younger self was so desperate for this type of affection. Yes he felt bad for his butler, basically forcing him to hold him but he wanted to be selfish today.

'Just today... Just for today...'

At the repeating words Acton couldn't help but snuggle his face into the crook of Alex's neck as he was extremely warm, wanting to fulfill his greed as much as possible before his time was up. His thoughts wandered, remembering in Alex's route how the heroine enjoyed holding his hand because of his warmth. He concluded that his extreme warmth is also probably related to his element, which was fire.

That's one of the reasons Alex and Cade worked together so well since they can combine elemental attacks together. Acton guessed that certain elements affect the body in different ways.

Acton sighed out of relief feeling his tense muscles relax a bit, hugging Alex tighter.
The peace didn't last long though, Acton remembering Cade's help and freaking out slightly at his rudeness, turning his head towards his step-brother. Cade was already staring at him much to his surprise, locking direct eye contact together.

"Thank you for saving me..." Acton didn't know whether to call him brother or by his name so he just avoided saying either. Cade seemed to know what he was thinking though.

"You can call me brother. " He more like demanded making Acton hum and mutter his name with another thanks.

"Thank you....brother." Acton felt a bit embarrassed by the way he addressed Cade but Cade himself seemed awfully satisfied with his wording. He then only nodded, turning away and walking to a different direction to help the injured, as it was his duty as a student council member. The other capture targets were also helping other students recover from the attack.

Alex started to walk towards Acton's room, his steps slow as to not make Acton uncomfortable. It made him slightly sleepy and knowing how far the dorms are he decided to take a nap.

'This was a terrible day... '

Cade watched the small form slowly disappear from his vision, looking down at his hands than once held Acton. He felt unsure of what that feeling was when he held Acton but he surely knew he didn't want to let go once in his grasp. He felt warm, comforting even, as if he sent soothing waves of comfort, peace, and happiness into the other person holding him. It made him want to hold him a little longer, strengthen his hold till he could no longer leave his embrace. The thought made him spiral with unanswered questions, understanding what Alex hesitant report about Acton.

"Cade let's keep going, we need to find survivors." One of the other capture targets yelled out earning Cade's attention even for a short moment.

'I'll have to deal about it later.' Cade thought with a bit of frustration at his thoughts being interrupted.

::

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

303K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
Fake love Von :)

Fanfiction

102K 2.4K 39
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
179K 2.3K 31
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ~𝒆...
1M 42.8K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...