Clarity ~ m.c.

Bởi kat_5sosAussies

After losing her mom to the war in Afghanistan Lauren thought it was the hardest thing she would have to go t... Xem Thêm

Clarity
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chaper 35•
•Chapter 36•
•Chapter 37•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 41•
•Chapter 42•
•Chapter 44•
***Autor's Note***
•Chapter 45•
•Chapter 46•
•Chapter 47•
•Chapter 48•
•Chapter 49•
•Chapter 50•
Author's Note

•Chapter 43•

86 5 0
Bởi kat_5sosAussies

***Lauren's POV***

The past few days have been incredible; I can't believe what has happened. I still feel like I'm shaking, I'm still in complete shock that I won silver in the All-Around Final; I was only beaten by a .200 deduction by one of Dominique's teammates beating me and then a Russia gymnasts beating Madison for bronze. But by giving our all, we've made it pretty clear the Australian team is a threat this year.

It's now time for the Team Finals and my nervous are through the roof. Eight teams, seven to beat for gold that's what it comes down too; those eight teams being United States, Australia, Italy, Great Britain, Russia, Romania, China and Brazil (who got in by the skin of their teeth). Starting off on balance beam with Italy, all five gymnasts will compete in each event and the team with the highest combined score wins.

It was a full on war, fighting for gold. We were executing our routines nicely, but the tiniest deductions were keeping us from gold and the pressure was starting to get to me. After going through the first three events-Balance Beam, Vault, then uneven bars- we were on the final event, floor. These were the standings going into the final event:

1. United States

2. Australia

3. Russia

4. China

5. Great Britain

6. Italy

7. Romania

8. Brazil

Warming up on the mat I could feel my mussels growing tired as I became weaker in pain. A million things were running through my head. This pain was becoming harder and harder to work with and if I mess up the slightest bit, it will be our down fall from gold.

"How are you feeling?" Brendan asked me as he walked over to me as I walked off the platform from warming up for the floor exercises; probably seeing the distress and agony in my face.

"Terrible, this pain is getting worse, I'm last on floor and I'm going to mess it up for us, I know it." I said panicked, the words flowing out of my mouth not being able to stop.

"Lauren calm down, you're putting way too much pressure on yourself; you're not going to mess it up for us." Brendan reassured me.

"I don't know if I can do this, in warm ups, practicing the Arabian-" I started to talk about my routine and where I was messing up, Brendan stopped me.

"Do you remember what I told you when I told you that you had to take the citizenship test and you got upset?" Brendan asked me.

"What?" I asked confused. "What does that have to do with this?"

"Just answer the question." Brendan chuckled.

"You said a lot of things that day." I responded.

"Yes, but this was when you thought you couldn't pass the test to make the team and got down on yourself." He told me. I thought really hard, thinking back to that day.

"How? It's impossible to pass a test about a country I know nothing about!" I argued.

"With help, we'll change practices; every time you come here while you practice we'll quiz you on things without giving up time for practice. At home get your family and friends to help, you're always hanging out with Michael and the guys', right?" Brendan asked. Brendan has meet Mike, Ash, Calum, Luke and Geordie before, plus I talk about them all the time, so he knows who they are.

"Yeah" I shrugged.

"Well ask them to help you, if you want the Olympics as bad as you say you do then push through this."

"What if I can't?"

"A champion isn't made of mussel Lauren. A champion is made of heart. Right from the start when I saw the talent and skill that you possess I knew and still know that you're going to make it far, I can see it in your eyes that you have the true makings of a champion. Are you going to let one test get in your way of following your dreams?" Brendan said to me.

That's when I realized what he meant.

"A champion isn't made of mussel. A champion is made of heart." I repeated the words he told me. Brendan smiled,

"Exactly Lauren." He said. "You are a champion. Right here, right now; there is no past, there is no future. Your dad hurt you multiple times in the past and he didn't stop you then. He hurts you one time now and you want to quit? Look around you Lauren. Your finally here, you're in the Olympics, where you've always wanted to be. People are chanting your name here and back home. If you quit now you're going to regret it for the rest of your life. You can do this; gymnastics is in your blood. You were born to compete. Every moment of your life has led to this moment." Brendan said to me griping me shoulders so I would look at him.

"Next on floor Lauren Jacobs." The announcer in the arena broadcasted and cheering erupted in the building.

"I know you can do this Lauren, we all do, just give it your all and you will win." Brendan told me and I walked up on the platform.

Walking over to where I was going to start on the mat, I could feel each individual's eyes on me. I can do this I reassured myself, this is my time. Standing in my starting position I waited for the music to start as the arena became quiet since all the events were finishing up. It all came down to me. Suddenly the starting guitar riff of She Looks So Perfect blasted through the speakers and I could hear other gymnasts and girls in the stands cheer from knowing the song.

***Michael's POV***

Lauren was walking up on the platform, towards the spot on the floor mat so she could perform her routine for the Team finals.

"I wonder which song she chose." Luke said as we all sat in anticipation for Lauren to start.

"Well it's going to be amazing, just like all the others." I commented and everyone agreed.

As I sat there taking a sip of my drink, all of a sudden I hear the riff of our song play through the loud speakers. I nearly did a spit take, leaning forward in my seat with my eyes popping out of my head as the mates and I all had the same reaction, staring at the TV, almost in disbelief that Lauren is using She Looks So Perfect for her floor routine.

"Am I hearing this right? Is she actually using our song?" Luke asked.

"You're hearing it right! That's our song!" I enthusiastically cheered and we all became ten times more excited over the fact that Lauren was using our song! We started singing along to the song as she was performing and all her moves went with the rhythm of the song perfectly!

As she made her last flip, she stuck the landing and immediately the biggest smile grew across her face and you could see that she started crying, giving one of the best performances of her life.

***Back to Lauren's POV***

Sticking the double Arabian front flip, I became overwhelmed with emotions over the fact I just gave one of the best performances of my life. Finishing my routine huge screams and cheers came from the crowd. Walking off the mat I was immediately welcomed by Brendan's arms, engulfing me in a hug as I cried tears of joy to my performance.

"I told you, you could do it." Brendan whispered in my ear. I was then surrounded by my teammates and Doc as they bombarded me with hugs and congratulations as soon as Brendan let me go.

The seven of us then waited for my score to appear on screen, meanwhile cameras and photographers got in my face. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder, turning around I saw Dominique standing there and she gave me the biggest hug.

"That was so amazing! Even though I want gold, after that, you deserve it!" she said only loud enough for me to hear. "I'm so happy for you." She added and I hugged her tighter.

All of a sudden the arena exploded in cheers, quickly turning around I saw my sore up on the board, 15.300.

"Oh my god we did it!" Grace cried as the five of us started freaking out. We had just won gold. I could feel the tears running down my face as we all started giving each other another round of hugs. This was unreal. The score board rearranged itself to show the total scores of the Team finals.

1. Australia

2. United States

3. China

I was on cloud 9 and this only raised my spirits to do even better in the individual event finals. I had just won a gold medal in the Olympics, what I've been dreaming about since I was a little girl. Nothing could ruin this moment.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

10.3K 218 47
{COMPLETED}Izzy has always been looking for the person she would fall in love with at first sight. when she catches the eye of Michael Clifford, she...
20.8K 514 43
17 year old Rebecca Hayes finds out she's adopted and tryes to find her birth parents. On her little journey she finds out she has a brother who is i...
480K 14.2K 39
In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her friend. © 2016 loosends
32.8K 1.5K 58
It was a fairly simple dare. Get the girl's number, maybe ask her out. No one expected death, betrayal, and heart break. © copyright micahlclifford...