The Peculiar Case Of A Novel'...

By MissClover77

It all began when a phone dropped from a different dimension, and the novel's villain found it along the proc... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Allen Coldwell
Chapter 2 - Fell From The Sky
Chapter 3 - Otherworldly Object
Chapter 4 - Shocking Discovery
Chapter 5 - The Two Strangers
Chapter 6 - Don't Do It
Chapter 7 - Unknown Misunderstanding
Chapter 8 - Fanfictions?
Chapter 9 - The Horror of Allen Coldwell
Chapter 10 - Allen, Fighting!
Chapter 11 - Worst Day Ever
Chapter 12 - Phobia? (1)
Chapter 13 - Phobia? (2)
Chapter 14 - Split Personality
Chapter 15 - Azruelle Macklin
Chapter 16 - Issues Of Being Not On The Same Page
Chapter 17 - Ice Skating
Chapter 18 - Az Became What!?
Chapter 19 - The Attack
Chapter 20 - Knives Everywhere, Trouble Everywhere
Chapter 21 - The Hardships Of Convincing People
Chapter 22 - Debut (1)
Chapter 23 - Debut (2)
Chapter 24 - Debut (3)
Chapter 25 - Felix Oswin/Abigor
Chapter 26 - A Demon Working With Elves
Chapter 27 - The Concerns of Allen and Abigor (Felix)
Chapter 28 - Change of Plans
Chapter 29 - Trouble
Chapter 30 - Accusations
Chapter 32 - Under Observation
Chapter 33 - You're Wrong, It's Not Like That
Chapter 34 - Almost Caught
Chapter 35 - Ally or Enemy?
Chapter 36 - Kivy's Perspective
Chapter 37 - Hidden Portals
Chapter 38 - I Don't Kiss Gremlins
Chapter 39 - Cat Troubles
Chapter 40 - Worm Attacks
Chapter 41 - Allen's Observation

Chapter 31 - Let The Battle Continue

9.5K 672 140
By MissClover77

"I can't believe it... Not only destroying their red orbs, but salt could also kill these creatures." Einz says in amazement as they all help together spread salt around the place.

Allen on the other hand, just rolled his eyes, slightly offended that they doubted him. While Az just kept on glaring at Larence and the others.

At this moment, there are only a few monsters to defeat. It wouldn't take more than thirty minutes for them to end this battle.

Meanwhile, Bella kept on staring at Az and Allen. She couldn't help but think that there's something about these individuals. It's really hard for her to explain, but these people are giving off some vibes—it's as if they know something that none of them could even comprehend. She recalled what Ryan said earlier, the guy mentioned that they're the ones who were helping them ever since the first demon attack.

'Could it be that.... they are the mysterious people who were helping us in the shadows?' she thought. If that's the case, it makes absolute sense on why Allen knew a lot of things about defeating these monsters.

One by one, everyone were able to take down all the monsters until there were none left around the first area of the academy. There are still a few left around other areas, but they aren't really worried because the students were already evacuated to a safe place.

Larence and Rachel volunteered to go in the student's lounge, in order to search for the dangerous monsters on the loose. While Einz volunteered to check some other areas to see if there are still monsters lurking around.

Hence, only Bella, Az, Ryan, Felix, and Allen are left together.

"I guess everything makes sense now about why you knew all these types of shit. You know, something related to these monsters, demons, and whatnot." Bella huffed.

"How nice, at least someone here is smart enough to connect the dots. Your groupmates are a bunch of morons. Not believing Ryan's claim despite the analysis and evidence that he pointed out to them. I knew the world here is biased, but I didn't expect that it would reach to such extent." Az growled. Obviously, he's still irritated about what happened earlier.

"As much as annoying it sounds to you guys, that's how it works in this society we live in. It's hard to change the perspectives of people who're born in an environment they believed in. However, our only chance is to use every strength we got to convince them about our innocence." Ryan sighed as he prepares more weapons that he equipped.

"And how are we supposed to do that?" Az arched a brow.

"According to the reaction I received earlier, everyone became hesitant towards arresting you. If you just observe their expressions and body language, it is quite obvious that they partly suspect you guys being the ones helping them secretly." Ryan explained. "Just like what Allen said, these guys somehow trust me, so there must be some statements that they are taking into consideration."

Ryan notices Felix who was standing there, quietly listening to their conversation.

"....Somehow, Felix was unfortunately dragged in this troublesome situation." he added.

"Do you think they will speak to us about this when all the fighting is done?" Felix asked, surprisingly calm about it—or maybe just from the outside. After all, there's a vein that's visible on his forehead right now and his eye is twitching slightly—however, it's only Allen who was able to notice it.

"I doubt it. Judging by Larence's personality he would stalk first the individual he finds suspicious. Once he finds something that serves as an evidence or confirmation about his suspicions, he will either confront and threaten them or straightforwardly beat them up. Unfortunately, he's kind of a dunce head. If the situation somehow turned out something he just misunderstand, he would never try confirming it thoroughly if it was really the case." Allen says. A moment later, he shrugged. "So to put it simply, he's somehow the type to believe things that he only sees, without hearing the reason behind it."

"As for Rachel, she seems to be the type to follow either Larence or Ryan. So she'll just believe what Larence believes." he added. He also remembered how confused Rachel was earlier about who to believe in. After all, the two men she liked are both against each other about the things related to Larence's attempted arrest towards the innocent.

"While Einz... Somehow, he's like Larence, but not worse. But judging the situation right now, he's going to follow Larence for a while. Fortunately, Bella seems to be the most rational one in their group." Allen says, finally finishing his observation towards these characters. 'Well, despite her other personality being foul-mouthed.' he added, which is the one that was left unsaid. After all, he fears that others might have to clean some blood around the area. So it's better to keep his mouth shut for his own good.

"Wow, to think that Larence said that they would discuss with us later, that was all a lie? So you mean he's planning to ditch us all along and stalk us without our consent?" Az says in frustration and disbelief.

Ryan sighed and gave out a quiet nod to answer the boy's question.

Because of much time that Allen spent in research about everything. He noticed that the novel mostly narrates the good side of the important characters, excluding most of their bad sides. The novel may have stated something that are true about them, but they all lack some things. It's as if they're making the characters look like the righteous and ideal type of individuals even though it's slightly the opposite. The novel doesn't even show their entire personality unlike other characters who are unimportant or villains.

He had to observe more thoroughly about the people around him in order to have a complete understanding and analysis of their characters and movements. The more he studies, he could somehow predict their movements everytime there's something that the novel didn't state.

He had learned that he couldn't entirely trust the book, all of them must also take the effort of gaining other knowledge that remains unsaid.

Meanwhile, Ryan stares at Allen in a moment of silence. Then later on, he starts to speak.

"You know, I'll keep in mind that I should remain more cautious towards you." he commented, subconsciously nodding to himself.

'To think that Allen could see behind the masks of these people, he's more observant than I thought. Back then, I thought he antagonizes them because they are attractive, popular, and the most favored individuals. Not to mention, judging by his actions, it seems he already knows about Bella's split personality. Seriously, was Allen really this observant?' he thought. Slowly, he starts to realize that he should be more guarded than usual.

"Hah? What are you talking about? You're making it sound like I'm going to do something malicious towards you." Allen wrinkled his nose, looking very offended.

Ryan just smirked. He looked at Allen in a mocking expression and shrugged, refusing to give a reply.

"Shit. Are you guys for real?" Bella gaped in surprise. "How come I didn't know about this? Well, I already know that Rachel is thirsty for men like Ryan and Larence... But dude, this is on a different level."

"That's because you're probably dense." Az commented. He doesn't seem to mind Bella listening to their conversation because she has nothing against them to begin with. Also, he's feeling a bit comfortable with her because she also defended them, that's something that they should be thankful for. Unfortunately, Az didn't realize that what he said would sound insulting for Bella.

A moment later, he was almost attacked by the raging woman. Luckily, Allen was there to stop her from killing the poor guardian.

"What the fuck did you say!? Who the hell you're calling dense, hah!?" Bella snarled.

"Bella! Calm down, will you!?" Allen grunted. Right now, he's trying his best to not get elbowed by this currently barbaric heroine. As much as he wants Bella to switch back to her goody-two-shoes personality, it wouldn't be a good idea, because they're still in the middle of a battle.

"Hey, are you bastards just going to stand here? There are still monsters on the loose." Felix interrupted with a growl.

Bella finally stopped struggling after she realized that they still need to fight. She turned to look at Az and Allen. "You two, are you guys able to fight these things? I could see that Allen can fight, but he seems to be out of energy."

"I am not." Allen lied. Actually, his stamina isn't yet as strong to reach Az's level nor even Ryan or Larence. For someone who wasn't trained to fight at an early age, skills aside, Allen's body endurance still has a long way to go. However, these disadvantages won't stop Allen.

"Hey Az, can you hand me over the tablet?" Allen asked the boy beside him.

Az handed over the tablet without question.

Ryan just whistled. "Ooh~ We're already using that? I thought it's not yet ready?"

Bella and Felix looked at them with a mixture of confusion and curiousity.

"As far as I observed, none of us know the location of these monsters. As for Larence and the others, they just assumed their location by instinct, that means they aren't accurately certain about it. So in order for us to finish this battle immediately..." Allen smirked, trailing off from his sentence. He shows them what's in the tablet.

"Huh? What's that? What are those red moving dots?" Felix asked, arching a brow.

Ryan also smirked, knowing what those dots are. "I see, those tiny dots are the monsters and their movements." he says. He turned to look at Allen and Az. "I never thought it would work. After all, the idea seemed complicated and a bit impossible to do."

"Wait, so you're saying that those designs you shared, you weren't sure about it!?" Az exclaimed at Ryan.

Allen just looked at Ryan in shock.

Ryan just shrugged, starting to wipe some dust off from his light blue hair. "Well, I'm not saying that Allen's idea is bad, it's just complicated. Such thing doesn't even exist—except for now, that is. Even though the possibilities for success wasn't really certain, it's still worth a try because it's an excellent idea." he explained.

"And here I followed your guide because I've put all of my trust towards you." Az sniffed, feeling a bit betrayed.

"Well, it's a good thing you have a 100% trust towards the design I recommended. Because of that, it turned out well." Ryan grinned.

"There are monsters lurking around area 3, 4, and 5." Allen stated. "Luckily, Az had also set some traps in these areas. I'm going to activate them now." he says.

Once Allen activated them, the monsters were hold down and trapped to the point they can't move.

"What the fuck! Why didn't you use that earlier!?" Bella exclaimed.

"That's because we were occupied earlier. Monsters attacked us out of nowhere and your friends accused us without bothering to do an investigation about it." Allen huffed.

Bella sweated a bit and remained silent for the first time.

Felix observed the three boys in front of him. As he thought, these individuals aren't normal. "If that thing is like a map, aside from the areas where you activated the traps, are there still monsters from other places?" he asked.

"Yeah, there are some lurking in the library and the first floor of the second school building." Allen stated.

"Okay then, so did you guys also set some traps in there?" Felix asked again.

"Unfortunately, no. But the good news is, there are no students around. I can assure that, because we don't see anything here in the tablet except for the monsters." Az answered.

"I see. This gorilla and I would go and smash those monsters now. You guys go handle the ones you've trapped." Felix says. He finally runs on his way, dragging Bella with him.

"Bastard! Stop dragging me, I can run on my own! Also, who on earth are you calling a gorilla!?" Bella growled like an angry pitbull.

And that, only Allen, Az, and Ryan were left alone.

"I say, I like how the invention turned out to be. Here I thought it would fail." Ryan mused. "I never felt this proud in my entire life." he added, critically observing the masterpiece created.

"Yeah, I know right? I never expected it would work either." Allen nodded.

Az looked offended. "Why are you guys agreeing to each other!? Don't you have any confidence for this inventor?" he exclaimed.

"Dunno."

"Kinda."

Allen and Ryan both said in unison.

"Now let's stop talking and handle those monsters we've trapped." Allen smiled cheerfully, ignoring the gloomy aura of Az.

As Allen and Ryan walked ahead, Az just muttered some curses behind them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 252 25
Jean's dream was to be able to graduate from a well known university and pursue his future career as a Professor.But what will happen when he suddenl...
34.3K 876 15
Seventeen years old Sam Adams doesn't do well with people. He prefers staying home on the weekends and staying away from parties. He has only one fri...
368K 23.3K 102
To lighten the wrath of his blackened readers, Frozen Milk was forced to transmigrate into his own novel to witness what *** he wrote. What's this? O...
586K 24.2K 68
Rhea, a normal college student who's drowning in loans and debt, dies by the infamous truck-sama. Unwillingly being bounded to a System, She is force...